Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-23-2022, 03:24 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Washington Post was wrong about GA voting laws

the law doesn’t appear to be suppressing anyone’s right to vote.

Which is what anyone not drinking lead paint at the time, was saying. As written,,the linus less restrictive than what’s in the books in some blue states.

But never let facts get in the way of a good liberal rant.

they also admitted Hunters laptop
was legit.

Isn’t it convenient that every single “mistake” that the mainstream
media makes, is a “mistake” that helps democrats? Do they ever make a mistake that helps the GOP?

It’s almost as if it’s deliberate???

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washin...er-suppression
Old 05-23-2022, 03:54 PM   #2
wdmso

Fresh Glass of Outrage kool Aid ? Just admit it Jim election laws were changed nationwide in red states Just because Trump Cried and lied about the election and the cult went to work not to offend the MAGA king
Old 05-23-2022, 04:15 PM   #3
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the law doesn’t appear to be suppressing anyone’s right to vote.

Which is what anyone not drinking lead paint at the time, was saying. As written,,the linus less restrictive than what’s in the books in some blue states.Did any liberal states changes the laws as a result of the last election like the conserv. states did after they saw that there were more Dem. votes than Repub. votes.

But never let facts get in the way of a good liberal rant. and yet here we are with a new thread

they also admitted Hunters laptop
was legit.

Isn’t it convenient that every single “mistake” that the mainstream
media makes, is a “mistake” that helps democrats? Do they ever make a mistake that helps the GOP?

It’s almost as if it’s deliberate???

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washin...er-suppression
How do you know what the turnout would have been?
Old 05-23-2022, 05:35 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Fresh Glass of Outrage kool Aid ? Just admit it Jim election laws were changed nationwide in red states Just because Trump Cried and lied about the election and the cult went to work not to offend the MAGA king
i admit laws were changed. i don’t admit they were changed in a way that suppresses blacks. if you have evidence it does, just show me the evidence.

a NY court said the state democrats illegally gerrymandered. how come you can’t utter a syllable about that?

love to see that explanation.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-23-2022, 06:01 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
How do you know what the turnout would have been?
so suppression, like racism, can never be disproved. convenient for the one making the baseless accusation.

the GA law as written, allows more days of early voting than DE. no one is saying DE is racist.

That’s a good sign this is all politically motivated

When your party is presiding over one policy disaster after another, maybe name calling is the best alternative.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-23-2022 at 06:08 PM..
Old 05-24-2022, 07:07 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i admit laws were changed. i don’t admit they were changed in a way that suppresses blacks. if you have evidence it does, just show me the evidence.

a NY court said the state democrats illegally gerrymandered. how come you can’t utter a syllable about that?

love to see that explanation.
its odd Jim clearly you have no concept

NY and Maryland court strikes down congressional map as illegal Democratic gerrymander

Both blue states with laws and judges who follow the law in this regard

red states doesn't have these checks and balances

Florida Senate Passes Congressional Map Giving G.O.P. a Big Edge

Gerrymanders, Part 1: Busting the both-sides-do-it myth

what's the saying numbers don't lie

Gerrymanders, Part 2: How many voters were disenfranchised?
https://election.princeton.edu/2012/...es-do-it-myth/

In the seven Republican-controlled states, the total votes cast were 16.22 million (50.8%) for Republicans, 15.68 million (49.2%) for Democrats for a 74 R, 32 D outcome. The simulations indicate that this seat split would normally only require 11.7 million Democratic votes. In other words, 4 million Democratic voters in seven states were disenfranchised.

Therefore the disenfranchisement due to partisan-controlled redistricting was a total of 4.4 million voters from both parties. Democrats were disenfranchised more than Republicans, at a ratio of 10:1.

But again in your world gerrymandering is just gerrymandering

I guess this image is an acceptable version of Gerrymandering where the majority loses over the minority because the rigged the map and its an old map i am sure republicans have done worst... they dont gain seats by gaining more votes they just put their competition is one Box and then suggest elections have consequences

the Dems are just trying to catch up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wisconsin-1145x700.png
Views:	59
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	68919  
Old 05-24-2022, 07:27 AM   #7
Jim in CT

wdmso, i asked you what part of the Ga law targets blacks. you dodged

The NY democrats gerrymandered, and as you say got caught. The point is, they did it.

Both sides cheat to win.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-24-2022 at 08:35 AM..
Old 05-24-2022, 10:23 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

new and burdensome restrictions on absentee voting, severe limitations on ballot drop box accessibility, the criminalization of line warming (the practice of offering free food, water, and other items to voters standing in line at polling locations), and new language expressly permitting a single Georgia voter to challenge the registration status and voting qualifications of an unlimited number of voters within their same county or municipality.
Under Georgia law, an individual’s right to vote can be challenged at any point up until they cast their ballot at their polling place. If the challenged voter casts an absentee ballot, their right to vote may be challenged any time before 5 p.m. on the day before absentee ballot scanning and tabulation begins. There are many reasons an individual can cite for challenging another voter’s qualifications, including claiming that the voter has died, is imprisoned, is not a United States citizen, or has relocated to another county or state.

“I was extremely upset when I found out that someone had challenged my [right to remain on the voter registration list]. There was no valid reason to challenge me. [An invalid] rumor that I lived in Atlanta got me on the list [of challenged voters],” Winns emphasizes. “The chairwoman of the board of registrars lives three blocks up the street. These people know me. Calhoun County has one real traffic light. Everybody knows everybody. [They] knew exactly where I lived and they still removed me from the voters’ list.”

The challenge to Winns’ registration status was unsupported. Yet, he was forced to show up at a hearing to defend himself against it — and ensure he could remain on the voter registration rolls. Even after going through the hearing process, however, Winns was removed from the registration list and then re-registered on his own. He tells LDF that, unfortunately, many people who had their qualifications challenged alongside him have still not been added back to the registration list.

One interesting effect of the attempt to restrict black votes is they are mad and getting organized.