Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-17-2022, 03:04 PM   #121
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
his was a poor comparison, but it stuck to The Narrative.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Not everyone needs the same car or Truck you buy what works.

But it figures you move the goal posts once the prices don’t fix what Jim calls my narrative.. I am not The one trying to make one. Lol

Used 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Select
Yep 48k

Ford has announced prices for the 2022 F-150 Lightning, including Pro, XLT, Lariat, and Platinum trims.
The base price is $41,669 including a mandatory $1695 destination charge.
The XLT starts at $54,669 and the Lariat and Platinum versions will be considerably more expensive

Imagine that That there are gas and electric cars at many price points for different consumers
Old 06-17-2022, 03:10 PM   #122
wdmso

Quote:
sadly for you, at some point americans care about whether their own lives are getting better or worse under the current party in control ( democrats across the board in DC), more than they care about how big a brat the previous potus was.

if potus could wave a magic wand and reduce gas prices to $1, i don’t believe he’d do it. they need these gas prices to make regular americans even consider renewable energy. They need this to expedite the “incredible evolution” Biden says we’re in the middle of.

Regardless, after two years of liberalism, everybody sees that everybody’s life is astronomically harder and more expensive, and americans will vote accordingly in a few months.

You blamed Trump very specifically for covid, because it happened on his watch. Fine. Now it’s your turn to be on the receiving end of that logic. How’s it feel? Good or bad?
if potus could wave a magic wand and reduce gas prices to $1, i don’t believe he’d do it. they need these gas prices to make regular americans even consider renewable energy.

Another conspiracy theory shocking
Posing as a joke I bet
Old 06-17-2022, 06:54 PM   #123
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Once again, Chess with a pigeon
Old 06-17-2022, 07:06 PM   #124
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Once again, Chess with a pigeon
Yup.

What do people do, who (1) have to drive to work, and (2) live in apartment complexes that don't have chargers for everyone?

There's a reason why the average income of those who buy electric vehicles, is so high. It's the future, no doubt (I own a lot of Tesla and lithium stocks), but it's not the immediate future. Not even close. We can't generate enough electricity for our needs NOW, which is why they're talking about blackouts.

Batteries don't generate electricity, they store electricity that's been generated elsewhere. Wind and solar aren't going to come close to cutting it.
Old 06-17-2022, 07:08 PM   #125
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
if potus could wave a magic wand and reduce gas prices to $1, i don’t believe he’d do it. they need these gas prices to make regular americans even consider renewable energy.

Another conspiracy theory shocking
Posing as a joke I bet
Oil prices are highly prospective, it's a futures market. If Biden said today that we're going to extract every drop of oil god blessed us with, the price would drop significantly.

Your side wants to shift to renewables. No one is interested in renewables when gas is cheap.

Even you can connect those dots.
Old 06-17-2022, 07:17 PM   #126
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yup.

What do people do, who (1) have to drive to work, and (2) live in apartment complexes that don't have chargers for everyone?

There's a reason why the average income of those who buy electric vehicles, is so high. It's the future, no doubt (I own a lot of Tesla and lithium stocks), but it's not the immediate future. Not even close. We can't generate enough electricity for our needs NOW, which is why they're talking about blackouts.

Batteries don't generate electricity, they store electricity that's been generated elsewhere. Wind and solar aren't going to come close to cutting it.
Not to mention those who actually drive for a living, Field Service, Deliveries, Truck Drivers, Contractors, and Sales Folks as a few examples.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-17-2022, 07:35 PM   #127
Pete F.
Canceled

No business in this country wouldn’t gladly cut their fuel costs and maintenance in half.
That’s why the transportation industry is moving toward electric vehicles and the change will only accelerate.
Old 06-17-2022, 07:43 PM   #128
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
No business in this country wouldn’t gladly cut their fuel costs and maintenance in half.
That’s why the transportation industry is moving toward electric vehicles and the change will only accelerate.
if the cost of the vehicle is high, the vehicles need to be charged frequently,,and there a big shortage of the cheaper fuel ( electricity) any business is going to think twice. duh.
Old 06-17-2022, 08:02 PM   #129
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
if the cost of the vehicle is high, the vehicles need to be charged frequently,,and there a big shortage of the cheaper fuel ( electricity) any business is going to think twice. duh.
They already have

UPS
Our global fleet includes over 13,000 alternate fuel and advanced technology vehicles, including more than 1,000 electric and plugin hybrid electric vehicles on the road – an essential part of our plans to reach carbon neutrality by 2050 and achieve 40% alternative fuel in ground operations by 2025.

The Freightliner eMobility team is proud to produce the first medium-duty Freightliner electric truck—the eM2—a 100% battery electric box truck entering production in 2022, with zero emissions.

Walmart goes EV in building out last-mile delivery fleet

Retail giant taps GM’s BrightDrop for 5,000 electric vehicles

Kenworth Truck Company is a US truck manufacturer and subsidiary of PACCAR that also owns big names like Peterbilt Motors. The Seattle-based tr#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g company specializes in Class 8 heavy-duty and Class 5-7 medium-duty commercial vehicles, bringing nearly 100 years of experience to the table.

In 2021, Kenworth entered production of a new “E” line of all-electric trucks including K270E K370E medium-duty models, and the Class 8 T680E that was recently showcased in Las Vegas at CES 2022.

With a growing lineup of battery electric trucks being produced, interest from commercial customers has continued to grow as they discover the benefits to total cost of ownership for electrified fleets.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-17-2022, 08:15 PM   #130
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

UPS has 126,000 vehicles in it’s fleet, so 10% are alternative energy, what about the other 90%?

How about the 290 planes they own, are they ready to go alternative energy?
Old 06-17-2022, 08:20 PM   #131
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
UPS has 126,000 vehicles in it’s fleet, so 10% are alternative energy, what about the other 90%?

How about the 290 planes they own, are they ready to go alternative energy?
and they have enough $$ to buy charging stations. what about people
who live in apartments or condos?
Old 06-17-2022, 08:44 PM   #132
Pete F.
Canceled

Never happen, it’s impossible….

In one decade, cars replaced horses (and bicycles) as the standard form of transport for people and goods in the United States. In 1907 there were 140,300 cars registered in the U.S. and a paltry 2,900 trucks.

If Americans were all like you, the Interstate Highway system would never have been built.
Old 06-17-2022, 08:51 PM   #133
Jim in CT

Quote:
Never happen, it’s impossible….

In one decade, cars replaced horses (and bicycles) as the standard form of transport for people and goods in the United States. In 1907 there were 140,300 cars registered in the U.S. and a paltry 2,900 trucks.

If Americans were all like you, the Interstate Highway system would never have been built.
all i did, was ask what about people
in apartments and condos? you’re answer was to lib insults, meaning you have no idea.
Old 06-18-2022, 06:15 AM   #134
wdmso

Quote:
in apartments and condos? you’re answer was to lib insults, meaning you have no idea.
Jim lots of people in apartments and condos have electric cars ? Many see 300 mile ranges and can charge while shopping or at work .

Clearly it’s not a solution for everyone. But this conservative denial from climate change to green energy is just BS and let’s own the libs because they support these advances. It’s just another example of a small minority claiming to represent the majority of Americans

Which is just another lie . Gun control is a prime example. Poll after poll shows the majority of Americans support it. But the party of No. takes the easy road afraid of their rabid base and just says Nope over and over

Just look at the Burn pit vote

A wide bipartisan majority approved the long-awaited bill by a vote of 84-14.

Not sure I’d call that bipartisan
Old 06-18-2022, 06:29 AM   #135
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You’re clueless

There’s thousands of businesses working on this
There are already public charging stations and more coming online every day.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-18-2022, 10:26 AM   #136
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim lots of people in apartments and condos have electric cars ? Many see 300 mile ranges and can charge while shopping or at work .

Clearly it’s not a solution for everyone. But this conservative denial from climate change to green energy is just BS and let’s own the libs because they support these advances. It’s just another example of a small minority claiming to represent the majority of Americans

Which is just another lie . Gun control is a prime example. Poll after poll shows the majority of Americans support it. But the party of No. takes the easy road afraid of their rabid base and just says Nope over and over

Just look at the Burn pit vote

A wide bipartisan majority approved the long-awaited bill by a vote of 84-14.

Not sure I’d call that bipartisan
how many people in condos and apartments have electric cars? you got any data? or
just self serving statements?

i’m not denying anything, i’m wY ahead of the curve with conversion, my roof is covered with solar panels and our next car will be a hybrid

You’re the one denying that today wencuidmt even come close to generating the needed electricity, and wind/solar will never, ever get us here.

I’ve asked you several
times where we’ll generate the tins of additional electricity needed. As always, it seems you’re avoiding the question.

There is one viable option, and only one. Nuclear. That’s the exhaustive lest of potential options. And it’s a great option. But the greenies won’t support that, so then we’re stuck in no mans land. You want electric cars, but refuse to concede the realities of where the electricity will come from. Unicorns and hugs don’t generate electricity.

Old 06-18-2022, 10:27 AM   #137
Jim in CT

Quote:
You’re clueless

There’s thousands of businesses working on this
There are already public charging stations and more coming online every day.
there are nowhere near enough charging stations, and even if there were, there’s nowhere near enough electricity.
Old 06-18-2022, 12:36 PM   #138
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
there are nowhere near enough charging stations, and even if there were, there’s nowhere near enough electricity.
You’re talking out your ass

None of the people I know with electric cars are having an issue

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-18-2022, 03:37 PM   #139
Jim in CT

Quote:
You’re talking out your ass

None of the people I know with electric cars are having an issue
and none of the people you know are republicans. Yet the drubbing is coming in november.

Maybe you need to get out more.

If there were enough electric vehicles for all of us, and we all bought them, we’d all be stuck waiting for electricity that doesn’t exist yet. not without nuclear power plants or from coal, both of which your side vehemently opposed.
Old 06-18-2022, 04:17 PM   #140
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
and none of the people you know are republicans. Yet the drubbing is coming in november.

Maybe you need to get out more.

If there were enough electric vehicles for all of us, and we all bought them, we’d all be stuck waiting for electricity that doesn’t exist yet. not without nuclear power plants or from coal, both of which your side vehemently opposed.
Well, it will be a while before that happens but meanwhile every alternative to fossil fuels reduces demand and as long as the prices are not artificially manipulated that should cause a drop.

You think Democrats are the electric car Demographic, is that because it starts with Dem?
Energy conservation has had markets for decades, one that does it to save the planet, one that does it because they are fiscally conservative and lots more with a blend of both views.
I’m surprised you haven’t had your solar system removed to own the libs.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-18-2022, 05:08 PM   #141
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well, it will be a while before that happens but meanwhile every alternative to fossil fuels reduces demand and as long as the prices are not artificially manipulated that should cause a drop.

You think Democrats are the electric car Demographic, is that because it starts with Dem?
Energy conservation has had markets for decades, one that does it to save the planet, one that does it because they are fiscally conservative and lots more with a blend of both views.
I’m surprised you haven’t had your solar system removed to own the libs.
a reduction in demand doesnt reduce price of oil, IF it’s perceived there’s issues with supply.

Supply and demand, there are two variables that effect price, sadly not just one.

i like my solar system. I’m not a slave to conservatism, just because every single one of you is enslaved to your ideology and possessed by it, doesn’t mean i am.

can you name any big issues on which you agree with conservatives? or do you feel liberals are correct 100% of the time?

i don’t need to do anything stupid to “own libs”. i can do that with basic common sense and elementary school arithmetic and a history book.
Old 06-18-2022, 05:25 PM   #142
Pete F.
Canceled

You recite right wing tropes like the catechism and think therefore you’re winning.
As far as cost of fuels go, if the producers limit supply to drive prices up do you think the government should step in and set prices. Or should the only time that happens be when oil prices are low.
Old 06-18-2022, 05:36 PM   #143
Jim in CT

Quote:
You recite right wing tropes like the catechism and think therefore you’re winning.
As far as cost of fuels go, if the producers limit supply to drive prices up do you think the government should step in and set prices. Or should the only time that happens be when oil prices are low.
no, i think i’m winning because the democrats rats control the entire federal government at the moment, and it’s been one disaster after another. Im winning because a USA today poll says that 70% of americans feel the USA, led by the left, is headed in the wrong direction. I’m winning because i made a modest bet after biden won that he’d cause the price of oil
to skyrocket, and it paid off nicely. And i’m winning because 800 people a day are moving to FL, and not to southern CA so it’s not just weather. those aren’t right wing tropes, they’re called “facts.”
Old 06-18-2022, 08:00 PM   #144
Pete F.
Canceled

Does you have a spare copy of the Republican plan to produce baby formula, slow inflation, end gun violence and ease gas prices?

I've never seen one.
Old 06-18-2022, 08:20 PM   #145
Pete F.
Canceled

You’ll lose because the hypocrisy of the Trumplican Party will come out.

Trump-endorsed AZ Gov candidate Kari Lake, who has been railing against Drag Queen performances, has had a Drag Queen performer in her own house perform FOR HER CHILDREN!
Old 06-19-2022, 03:12 AM   #146
Jim in CT

Quote:
Does you have a spare copy of the Republican plan to produce baby formula, slow inflation, end gun violence and ease gas prices?

I've never seen one.
gas prices? that’s easy. let it be known that you intend to extract every drop of oil that god blessed us with, and prices will drop. Oil pricing is largely based on anticipation of future events, it’s highly prospective.

as to slowing inflation, that’s not hard either, you don’t print trillions of dollars like it’s nothing ( republicans have a way of preaching this, then spending stupidly when they win).

Americans also like the gop strategy over the democrat strategy, when it comes to crime, immigration…. they don’t agree with the gop on everything god knows, but on these things.

but the gop doesnt need a plan. that’s the advantage of being the minority party when everything is falling apart. all they have to do, is say “we’re not them” and that oughta do it.

people. remember that life was a lot easier right before covid.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-19-2022 at 03:32 AM..
Old 06-19-2022, 05:26 AM   #147
Pete F.
Canceled

"The idea that inflation is a bigger story than the threat to our ongoing democracy, is incredibly dangerous, because if we don’t understand the threats to our democracy today, we don’t have a functioning democracy tomorrow"
If we don't have a functioning democracy, I can assure you, inflation will be the least of our problems.
Old 06-19-2022, 07:44 AM   #148
wdmso

17 months after the riot on the U.S. Capitol, "Donald Trump and his allies and supporters are a clear and present danger to American democracy."

But like Liz his comments will be dismissed as he’s a Rino or a never Trumper

His life long conservatism will be diminished by childish name calling
Old 06-19-2022, 11:41 AM   #149
Pete F.
Canceled

Eastman crossed the line from legal advisor to criminal co-conspirator when he told Pence’s Chief Counsel, Greg Jacob in front of Trump & Pence that his & Ginni’s plan was illegal and wd lose 9-0 but Pence should do it anyways because the Supreme Court wouldn’t take the case
Old 06-19-2022, 02:15 PM   #150
Jim in CT

Quote:
"The idea that inflation is a bigger story than the threat to our ongoing democracy, is incredibly dangerous, because if we don’t understand the threats to our democracy today, we don’t have a functioning democracy tomorrow"
If we don't have a functioning democracy, I can assure you, inflation will be the least of our problems.
you want january 6th to be what people care about, because literally it’s the only card you have.

Unfortunately for you, the polling data is crystal clear, people care that inflation is reducing their take home pay by over $400 a month on average. $5,000 a year in the pocket of an average american family, is infinitely more important.

Plus Trump isn’t on the ballot in November.