Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-19-2022, 06:41 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Stable Genius Elon?

“Should I step down as head of Twitter? I will abide by the results of this poll.”

A billionaire losing a “do you like me” poll on a service he paid $44 billion for is just an objectively funny way for his Twitter purchase to end.

Before he steps down I’d just like to thank Elon Musk for shattering the myth that billionaires are smarter, more hard working, or simply any better than anyone else in the most public way imaginable.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-19-2022, 09:16 AM   #2
Jim in CT

boy you guys never stop going after anyone who doesn’t tow the line. So much for being an environmental hero, which Musk probably is.

What does it say Pete, that the left is so scared of removing politically-motivated censorship?

He may be a good guy, maybe not, i have no clue nor do i especially care. But he challenged woke lefties, therefore you’re all obsessed with destroying him.
Old 12-19-2022, 09:54 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Poor victim
Am I the only person who thinks Elon is in reality being FORCED to step down as the CEO of Twitter?
Besides you should be ecstatic, Jared Kushner, Donald Trump’s son-in-law, is rumored to be Elon Musk’s pick for Twitter’s CEO.
I’ll bet it’s just a coincidence that links to Post, Mastadon, and Tribel are banned but links to Parler, Gab, and Gettr are not.
“Remember the dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed”
MTG?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-19-2022, 10:25 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Poor victim
Am I the only person who thinks Elon is in reality being FORCED to step down as the CEO of Twitter?
Besides you should be ecstatic, Jared Kushner, Donald Trump’s son-in-law, is rumored to be Elon Musk’s pick for Twitter’s CEO.
I’ll bet it’s just a coincidence that links to Post, Mastadon, and Tribel are banned but links to Parler, Gab, and Gettr are not.
“Remember the dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed”
MTG?
yup, elon musk is a victim!!!

Pete, it’s a private company, they can do what they want. You didn’t have chit to say when they were obsessed with silencing conservatives. Now that conservatives can tweet as long as they follow the rules, you’re losing whatever was left of your mind

Pete, is there a single republican out there who you think is a really good person, but who just happens to disagree with you? Or are we all Sith lords?

Another made up quote? i googled MTG and that quite, found nothing. Wouldn’t have been shocked if she said it, nor would anyone be shocked if you made it up.
Old 12-19-2022, 11:22 AM   #5
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Another made up quote? i googled MTG and that quite, found nothing. .
You just get caught lying about what I said in the Pelosi thread and you have the nerve to talk about made up quotes.
Old 12-19-2022, 12:08 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
You didn’t have chit to say when they were obsessed with silencing conservatives.
#doubleduped
Old 12-19-2022, 01:41 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
yup, elon musk is a victim!!!

Pete, it’s a private company, they can do what they want. You didn’t have chit to say when they were obsessed with silencing conservatives. Now that conservatives can tweet as long as they follow the rules, you’re losing whatever was left of your mind

Pete, is there a single republican out there who you think is a really good person, but who just happens to disagree with you? Or are we all Sith lords?

Another made up quote? i googled MTG and that quite, found nothing. Wouldn’t have been shocked if she said it, nor would anyone be shocked if you made it up.
Poor victim

You’ve already proven yourself to be a RINO, but you’ll never get the Trump stink off.

The funniest part of this $44 Billion blunder is since he started alienating leftists, who just so happen to be the biggest purchasers of electric vehicles, his Tesla stock has lost half its value and on top of that he’s had to sell Billions worth just to keep Twitter afloat 😂

As far as your latest hero efforts on censorship, yes I’m sure the Saudis and Qataris who are famously deeply invested in the civilization-defining battle at Twitter are renowned for their defense of free public speech.

You’ll have to decide for yourself what (MTG?) means, I’m sure most could figure that out.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-19-2022, 03:10 PM   #8
wdmso

Pete, it’s a private company, they can do what they want.

Under musk?

Unless they suppress the Hunter laptop story then you’re outraged crying foul , like the rest of the right wing

So when is ok for this private company ? When they Do what they want or do what you want?
Old 12-19-2022, 03:51 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You just get caught lying about what I said in the Pelosi thread and you have the nerve to talk about made up quotes.
sorry you said it was a republican insult to be called gay. don’t backpedal now, own it. you’re being very very defensive. just own it.
Old 12-19-2022, 03:54 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Pete, it’s a private company, they can do what they want.

Under musk?

Unless they suppress the Hunter laptop story then you’re outraged crying foul , like the rest of the right wing

So when is ok for this private company ? When they Do what they want or do what you want?
see your inability to read is off again. i said many times that if fox news can be biased, so can twitter. The issue with twitter is that the fbi. was trying to get them ( and facebook) to censor a story for political reasons, and that’s not the FBIs job. Twitter can do whatever it wants

How many times do i have to say “if fox news can be biased, so can twitter, they can do whatever they want”, before you understand?

you really are quite stupid.
Old 12-19-2022, 03:54 PM   #11
PaulS

Quote:
sorry you said it was a republican insult to be called gay. don’t backpedal now, own it. you’re being very very defensive. just own it.
That is not what I said.

You are a scummy liar.
Old 12-19-2022, 05:36 PM   #12
wdmso

Another stable Genius

New York GOP leader calls accusation of faked bio for new GOP House member "serious"

Did this guy think no one check

And if he lied will the GOP force him to resign?
Old 12-19-2022, 08:08 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Another stable Genius

New York GOP leader calls accusation of faked bio for new GOP House member "serious"

Wayne, since you LOVE posting the misdeeds of obscure republicans no one has ever heard of, and assuming his actions speak for all Republicans...

Well sir, here is Bidens senior nuclear energy official, a man arrested for multiple thefts of ladies luggage. Please tell me if you are on the hook for how this man conducts himself. I assume you'll admit his actions speak for you, since you constantly say all Republicans are responsible for what every single Republican does.

I'll wait.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sam-Brinton-1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	968.2 KB
ID:	69356  
Old 12-19-2022, 08:10 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That is not what I said.

You are a scummy liar.
You lumped "gay" in with "other republican insults".

Sorry if the truth hurts.

You also lied (no refuting it) when you said only republicans are talking about alternative theories of what happened, when the NBC affiliate in San Francisco also did so. Also the NBC news national reporter.

It ain't just republicans.
Old 12-19-2022, 09:52 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

You also lied (no refuting it) when you said only republicans are talking about alternative theories of what happened, when the NBC affiliate in San Francisco also did so. Also the NBC news national reporter.

The reality is most media is either right or centrist. Calling it "left media" to make people reject it and fear it is what the fascists have done, and it has worked. There is no mainstream left media.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-19-2022, 10:03 PM   #16
PaulS

Quote:

You're a scummy liar
Old 12-20-2022, 06:11 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The reality is most media is either right or centrist.
If you say it, it must be true.

How about college professors? Also a bunch of right wingers?
Old 12-20-2022, 09:45 AM   #18
PaulS

Quote:
Another stable Genius

Don't know what is more unbelievable, that he thought he could get away with it or that his opponent didn't check his resume.
Old 12-20-2022, 10:05 AM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
Wayne, since you LOVE posting the misdeeds of obscure republicans no one has ever heard of, and assuming his actions speak for all Republicans...

Well sir, here is Bidens senior nuclear energy official, a man arrested for multiple thefts of ladies luggage. Please tell me if you are on the hook for how this man conducts himself. I assume you'll admit his actions speak for you, since you constantly say all Republicans are responsible for what every single Republican does.

I'll wait.
I’ll wait really Jim as if your having a gotcha moment lol

Man you’re desperate

A ) she’s appointed not elected

B) she admits she stole the items and did it prior in a separate airport reports show

C) Department of Energy spokesperson says Brinton Sam Brinton is no longer a DOE employee, case closed

D) now she waits for her court date and punishment . As expected

So far the person I highlighted is

A) elected
B) admitted nothing
C) hasn’t resigned

And my original question what if anything will the GOP do if what he did is True

The democrat administration fired their petty criminal
Old 12-20-2022, 10:17 AM   #20
wdmso

This was the prevailing response towards Musk’s Twitter poll. If he should say or Go . On newsmax he’s their newest hero

I suspect many of the votes against where bots anyway. Elon has to stay, the free world needs him.

Classic response witch hunts bots or fake news
Old 12-20-2022, 10:28 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
I’ll wait really Jim as if your having a gotcha moment lol

Man you’re desperate

A ) she’s appointed not elected

B) she admits she stole the items and did it prior in a separate airport reports show

C) Department of Energy spokesperson says Brinton Sam Brinton is no longer a DOE employee, case closed

D) now she waits for her court date and punishment . As expected

So far the person I highlighted is

A) elected
B) admitted nothing
C) hasn’t resigned

And my original question what if anything will the GOP do if what he did is True

The democrat administration fired their petty criminal
"she’s appointed not elected "

I'm aware. What does that say about the judgment of the people that appointed him? A transvestite kleptomaniac? Terrific!

Yes I'm very desperate. You're posting comments from readers of a conservative site, looking for the most radical ones you can find, and claiming that speaks for all republicans.

Fine.

Then the most radical, stupid, immoral liberals, speak for your whole side. Right? Or do you only apply that logic to the right?

Oh, so you don't like lies from elected politicians? So what's your opinion on CT Senator Richard Blumenthal? Or Bidens many lies, such as getting arrested with Nelson Mandela? Are those lies disqualifying? Or is it only bad when Republicans do it?
Old 12-20-2022, 11:27 AM   #22
wdmso

Quote:

I'm aware. What does that say about the judgment of the people that appointed him? A transvestite kleptomaniac? Terrific!

Yes I'm very desperate. You're posting comments from readers of a conservative site, looking for the most radical ones you can find, and claiming that speaks for all republicans.

Fine.

Then the most radical, stupid, immoral liberals, speak for your whole side. Right? Or do you only apply that logic to the right?

Oh, so you don't like lies from elected politicians? So what's your opinion on CT Senator Richard Blumenthal? Or Bidens many lies, such as getting arrested with Nelson Mandela? Are those lies disqualifying? Or is it only bad when Republicans do it?

You go back to your old stale canned arguments shocking.

What does that say about the judgment of the people that appointed him? A transvestite kleptomaniac?

Jim she wasn’t arrested so there’s no issues in her background check.. but for you Tranny is was warning sigh. Not being qualified .. we get it

You're posting comments from readers of a conservative site, looking for the most radical ones you can find, and claiming that speaks for all republicans.

Sorry Jim no looking no searching at all their right on the site .

They do speak for all Republicans and all Republicans speak for them or even worse don’t say anything against them . But keep convincing yourself the GOP is on steady ground

So you still dodged the question is it ok to lie to get elected?

And there’s yours and the GOPs ethics problem . You and them don’t have any.. that’s why Trump’s running for office again members of the house of refuse subpoenas you’re all just so ethical

Last edited by wdmso; 12-20-2022 at 03:56 PM..
Old 12-20-2022, 01:29 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Fine.

Since when did character matter to you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-20-2022, 03:52 PM   #24
wdmso

This is his lawyers response classic GOP victim hood

lawyer for Mr Santos hit back at the claims, describing them as "defamatory" and a "shotgun blast of attacks".
"George Santos represents the kind of progress that the Left is so threatened by - a gay, Latino first generation American and Republican,"

How about if they just address the discrepancy’s

It’s not like their accusing him of being a Muslim and claiming his birth certificate is fake
Old 12-20-2022, 05:16 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
They do speak for all Republicans
So, the kooks on the right speak for everyone on the right. But the kooks on the left don't speak for the whole left, you just ignore the kooks on the left because, well they're kooks.

Wayne, that approach must make life very easy for you. But it has zero principle to it.
Old 12-21-2022, 09:06 AM   #26
wdmso

Quote:
So, the kooks on the right speak for everyone on the right. But the kooks on the left don't speak for the whole left, you just ignore the kooks on the left because, well they're kooks.

Wayne, that approach must make life very easy for you. But it has zero principle to it.
Jim when the Republican Party it’s leaders and representatives remain silent or actively support Trump and his lies. Refuse subpoenas. Call Jan 6th a witch hunt . Censures members who for voting to impeach Trump ..

Then yes it’s that easy! They are afraid of the crazy and want and search for their support and vote and amplify their madness .

Jim your in denial once again doing what you do best ! pushing bogus comparisons , in another attempt to suggest everyone does it
Old 12-22-2022, 12:16 PM   #27
wdmso

Incoming GOP Rep.’s family Holocaust claims challenged

Megan Smolenyak, an author and professional genealogist who helped research Santos’ family tree said in email, “There’s no sign of Jewish and/or Ukrainian heritage and no indication of name changes along the way.”

And some think this is just because he’s a Republican

Seems lying is a Republican trait which most support if they can get a win by lying
Old 12-22-2022, 03:54 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

George Santos also hid a marriage and divorce to a woman, with the divorce coming weeks before he filed for his first congressional campaign. Yet he ran for Congress claiming he’d been openly gay for a decade.

More lies and secrets from Santos. The man is a fraud.
Old 12-27-2022, 09:55 AM   #29
wdmso

Rep.-elect George Santos acknowledges ‘résumé lies he calls embellishment’

And used Jim’s logic as his defense . Claiming what he did wasn’t illegal
So it’s ok.
Old 12-27-2022, 10:01 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Rep.-elect George Santos acknowledges ‘résumé lies he calls embellishment’

And used Jim’s logic as his defense . Claiming what he did wasn’t illegal
So it’s ok.
when did i use that as a defense of politicians lying to get elected? i think he should be impeached. You shouldn’t benefit from lying.

Hearing those voices again, eh?

But you only care when republicans do it. Biden lies, richard blumenthal lies, those are ok. but when a republican does it, THAT is when you care.