Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 12-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
JamesJet

So was Santa nice to everyone?

I got a really nice pair of professional grade pruning shears and a sebile stick in the herring pattern (floating though...). Best thing though was my 2.5 year old. It was his first Christmas where he kind of got the present thing. He loved what we got him and really had a couple great days with family. Also its was nice to see him actually open a present and play with it before going to the next, at times he hardly cared at all that there were a few more. His cousins (6 and 9) are basically at the lets just rip into everything stage and really didn't care about much. I am sure he'll be there at some point so it was nice to see him this year. Great time with good food drink and conversation not to mention made it up back before the storm had dropped a half an inch.
JamesJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

I got a few things, nothing I really wanted

I bought myself a nice gas stove

and my wife bought a 40 inch LCD TV for the living room

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
Nebe

I got a nice cashmere sweater
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
SurfCaster413

Got cash Cabelas gift card and a ice fishing thing that you put your jigging rod in and it works like a tip up and sets the hook for you. I did good
SurfCaster413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:26 PM   #5
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Got 2 NRS tops for wetsuit fishing, some salties plug kits, a new headlamp, a new neck light, batteries, some CDs, and socks and underware. All stuff I'd use.
chefchris401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:08 PM   #6
jredfly
Bait Boy's Dad

I got four smiling faces and a thank you for being a great dad frorn my oldest (and he didn't even ask for anything big for Christmas). It doesn't get better than that.

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it - Irish Blessing
jredfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #7
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefchris401 View Post
Got 2 NRS tops for wetsuit fishing, some salties plug kits, a new headlamp, a new neck light, batteries, some CDs, and socks and underware. All stuff I'd use.
What NRS tops did you get, lookin for a yak/wader top
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
tysdad115

I got a custom ,one of,f hand painted "Worlds Best Fisherman and Dad" picture from my son. Nothing else I got compared to it!

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #9
JamesJet

Andy,

If you start taking Ty to the canal any more that gift next year will read "worlds best dad and 2nd best fisherman" Actually probably 3rd best becuase I hope to get out there with you guys a few times....

Glad to here it was a good one.
JamesJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #10
Saltheart

This was the first Christmas where the "missing family" really hit home. Sure I went to my two aunts and saw my cousins but you realize your Holidays are really built around your immediate family. At least there are still enough family around for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day feasts even if they are not parents and siblings!

Anyway , I decided to treat myself to a few "Unbelieveable Bargains" this year. The new stove keeps my butt warm while doing the computer thing. My new DVR/VCR combo really makes DVD movies Pop and I also bought some gift certificates to some good restaurants that were on sale for 50 percent of face value. Hey , its not a new boat but its something.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #11
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

call of duty - black ops.
I havent gotten much sleep the last few nights............

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #12
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Wow, I wouldn't have pegged you as the gamer type.

I got a Garmin handheld submersible GPS/VHF radio for the yak and a certificate for a beer dinner at Jimmy's Pub from the wifey. She did good this year.

The best thing about Christmas for me was waching my son's face after every single present he opened. At one point, he stopped and looked up at the ceiling while holding his arms out and said "Thank you so much Santa, I love everything!". It was nice to see him being really grateful and not just ripping boxes open and moving on to the next present.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #13
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Wow, I wouldn't have pegged you as the gamer type.

just recently, never played any growing up. Once we got the wii, I've really enjoyed the combat games. There a great stress relief.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #14
fishbones

Quote:
just recently, never played any growing up. Once we got the wii, I've really enjoyed the combat games. There a great stress relief.
Are the combat games on Wii really graphic? J loves shooting and blowing stuff up. I bought him the Wii last year for his B-Day but didn't give it to him because he was already getting too much stuff. We (Santa) gave it to him for Christmas and he's having a blast with it. Mom and dad are having fun with it, too.

Last edited by fishbones; 12-29-2010 at 02:16 PM..

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 12-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #15
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Are the combat games on Wii really graphic? J loves shooting and blowing stuff up. I bought him the Wii last year for his B-Day but didn't give it to him because he was already getting too much stuff. We (Santa) gave it to him for Christmas and he's having a blast with it. Mom and dad and I are having fun with it, too.
I HIGHLY reccomend Wii lego star wars the complete saga. Its violent in a non-violent sort of way. You get to blow stuff up, battle with light sabers - but its lego characters. So its not bloody. There is a lot of humor in it. Its a lot of problem solving passing from level to level so it has some educational components. Each area has different missions and you need to figure them out. It follows the basically story lines of the movies. I love it and so do my kids. Hours and hours of playing time. It was a big hit a few years ago and now its very cheap. I think I paid less than $20 bucks for it.
Wii lego Harry Potter is the same thing, awesome game for kids and adults.
The combat games (call of duty) are very violent and has the F word every few minutes. It may be suitable for the children of DD coffee drinkers but not most evolved people......

Old 12-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #16
fishbones

He asked about the Lego Star Wars for Wii. We have it on my old PS2 and he would still go back and play it every once in a while. I'm sure it's better on Wii. We gave him Lego Batman and he really likes that so far. I also got him a hunting game with the orange gun where you shoot deer and other animals. He hasn't tried it yet, but maybe I'll play it with him tonight. It looks pretty vilolent, which is good for us less evolved neanderthal types. We also gave him the sports resort and he loves the sword fighting game on that. You can slice people in half, but there's no blood.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #17
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
I was never much for video games. I abhor them! My kids love them but I prefer more rewarding pastimes! Hands on and outdoor activities.

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #18
JohnnySaxatilis

Quote:
if u play online lemme know i'll pm u my gamertag and we can rip it up! that goes for all u closet crack of duty players who dont wanna admit it as well. ha

something clever and related to fishing
JohnnySaxatilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #19
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
I was never much for video games. I abhor them! My kids love them but I prefer more rewarding pastimes! Hands on and outdoor activities.
we do plenty outdoor stuff, its all about moderation. i was against them for a long time but they have their place, especially in the winter. Wii is very family oriented, most of the times we play standing up and get very animated. I've accidently punched my kids in the head a few times during wii boxing! nothing brings a family closer together than having a six yr old run out the room crying to mommy that dad punched him in the head! it builds character.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #20
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

Quote:
we do plenty outdoor stuff, its all about moderation. i was against them for a long time but they have their place, especially in the winter. Wii is very family oriented, most of the times we play standing up and get very animated. I've accidently punched my kids in the head a few times during wii boxing! nothing brings a family closer together than having a six yr old run out the room crying to mommy that dad punched him in the head! it builds character.
Now that's funny Jim

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #21
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoobob View Post
Now that's funny Jim
What's even funnier is that he failed to mention how many times he's been knocked out by his kids while playing Wii. People at his work thought he was in an abusive relationship because he kept coming in with black eyes on Mondays after getting his butt kicked over the weekend.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #22
jredfly
Bait Boy's Dad

Everything in moderation. One of my son's friend's dad said to him "What's that game you are playing - Wasted Childhood". Pretty funny! We try to keep it well balanced school, outdoors, sports and then game. This household is usually on the move and isn't really just hanging around too much and it is mostly done together.

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it - Irish Blessing
jredfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #23
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by jredfly View Post
Everything in moderation. One of my son's friend's dad said to him "What's that game you are playing - Wasted Childhood". Pretty funny! We try to keep it well balanced school, outdoors, sports and then game. This household is usually on the move and isn't really just hanging around too much and it is mostly done together.
I'm with you on the moderation. My son gets very limited time on either the video games or the tv, and he can choose one or the other. He'd rather be playing outside most of the time, but during the winter there's not as much for him to do. I never was really into video games as a kid, but my wife bought me the PS2 when my son was born since she figured I wouldn't be getting much sleep and would need something to do. I never really played much, though because I was reading a lot instead. I have to admit that I like playing the Wii with my son now, though.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:01 PM   #24
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
touching yourself in the woods

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #25
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
More commonly known as fishing, plugbuilding, kayaking. Sometimes I would rather they touch themselves in the woods....at least it might get them out of the house!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:18 PM   #26
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

LOL. I am not a video game person either. I wouldn't even know how to play.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote