Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Boat Buying Grumpage

I've been seriously looking hard for something in the 19-21 foot range. Searched a lot of used-boat sites ,<including CL, HT, etc, eye-balled them in person etc...I just can't seem to pull the trigger.
Having confidence in a private-owner telling me "it runs great" to only learn that it had a "sleeping" problem that of course waited until I purchased it, to raise its ugly head. Or that "tic" that the former owner could never get a handle on and neglected to tell me about. OR the dealer who doesn't offer any kind of warranty as you hand him $15K for a 10 yr old boat....I know they're money-pits, I know they all break-down...I just can't seem to pull the trigger on things I've looked at.

In saying all of that, I recently visited some NEW boat dealerships.......had to go home and change my diaper. I could not believe the price tag on these things. 20 footers all well-over 30K.

Bassballer had a nice rig for sale but it wasn't really what I was looking for. I see pix of his new boat and think, wow....must have cost an arm and leg.

How do I get myself to pull the trigger????

I need to talk to Bob,,, maybe he can build me a 20 footer...

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote