Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-08-2016, 05:02 PM   #181
Nebe

All these people know that she is going to be the next president. It would be career suicide to take this further and risk "payback" next year.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-08-2016, 05:07 PM   #182
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
All these people know that she is going to be the next president. It would be career suicide to take this further and risk "payback" next year.
Bingo! Sad but true.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
Old 07-08-2016, 05:31 PM   #183
ecduzitgood
time to go

Comey wasn't there during the Hillary Clinton interview and I recall he said he didn't speak to all the agents that interviewed Hillary. He also had the agents doing the investigation sign a non disclosure agreement.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:33 PM   #184
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Comey wasn't there during the Hillary Clinton interview and I recall he said he didn't speak to all the agents that interviewed Hillary. He also had the agents doing the investigation sign a non disclosure agreement.
Clearly Comey is part of the Clinton Foundation's Illuminati division.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:48 PM   #185
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Clearly Comey is part of the Clinton Foundation's Illuminati division.
Are you saying he was present during the FBI interview of Hillary?
Are you saying he spoke to all the agents who interviewed Hillary?
Are you saying he didn't make the agents investigating Hillary sign a confidentiality agreement?
Or are you just deflecting?

You want a conspiracy theory here you go...

http://mobile.wnd.com/2016/07/comey-...related-cases/
Old 07-08-2016, 06:18 PM   #186
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
I think the situations are quite a bit different. That's not to say that his punishment isn't too harsh, though I can see the military drawing much straighter lines than the State Department.

...but in this case you have someone knowingly moving a large number of well marked classified documents onto a private system and then knowingly exposing some of that information.

...versus an unintentional drip of some classified bits onto an unclassified system.

Hey, if he can use the argument to lessen his punishment that may be a good thing. I don't think he was trying to do anything wrong by warning his team.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:13 PM   #187
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

...versus an unintentional drip of some classified bits onto an unclassified system..
When I read statements like this, I drop to my knees and thank God almighty.....that you have absolutely nothing to do with national security

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-09-2016, 09:15 AM   #188
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
When I read statements like this, I drop to my knees and thank God almighty.....that you have absolutely nothing to do with national security
I'm not saying it's not important, but the recent IG report found both Powell and aids to Rice all had classified information transmitted on their personal email accounts.

It was a system problem and State tightened up the rules after Clinton as a result.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:48 AM   #189
detbuch

Quote:
I'm not saying it's not important, but the recent IG report found both Powell and aids to Rice all had classified information transmitted on their personal email accounts.

Making a surface comparison is a sly trick, the rational being that it will be accepted without a deeper analysis. Powell's and Rice's statements as abbreviated by Reuters:

"Powell has said the State Department was technologically backward when he joined in 2001 and that he had to fight to get an Internet-connected computer installed in his office, from which he continued to use his personal email account.

Georgia Godfrey, Rice's chief of staff at Stanford University's Hoover Institution, said Rice did not use email while at the State Department, and that the 10 emails to her staff were reports on 'diplomatic conversations.'"

A deeper analysis of the comparison to Hilary's personal email account is this by Guy Benson in a Feb. 5, 2016 article in Townhall:

"'Condi and Colin did it, too!' relies on a thoroughly bogus equivalency. Above all else, neither Rice nor Powell set up and used a recklessly unsecure private emails server on which they conducted all of their official business, against "clear cut rules" implemented in 2005. (A former CIA director and Secretary of Defense have each stated that her [Clinton's] vulnerable server was likely penetrated by foreign powers like the Russians and Chinese). This review identified ten -- total -- emails that have now been assigned retroactive, low-level classification levels. Only two of them went to then-Secretary of State Powell, with the others going to Rice's aides, and both of those are now classified at the lowest level ("confidential"). As mentioned above, Hillary's server contained 1,600 classified emails and counting, including the most sensitive level of intelligence in existence (SAP, beyond-top-secret). There is no comparison between the conduct of Hillary Clinton and that of her immediate predecessors. Beyond her exclusive use of an improper and unsecure server, Sec. Clinton was personally and specifically warned about the vulnerability of her email scheme in 2011, when a State Department security expert sounded the alarm over foreign hackers seeking to infiltrate US secrets by targeting high-ranking officials' private emails. Mrs. Clinton carried on with her arrangement anyway.

"In summary, Hillary Clinton's server is the scandal. It's possible that Rice's aides and Sec. Powell may have acted improperly (though the email rules were set forth after Powell left office). They may have been sloppy with a small number of low-level classified information on an ad hoc basis. The rules and laws pertaining to the US government's data security must be followed. By everyone. But Clinton mishandled hundreds upon hundreds of classified emails, which held state secrets at the highest classification levels. In fact, just this week, the State Department deemed another seven Clinton emails too sensitive to release in any form, even with redactions, bringing that total to 29. Intelligence officials who've seen some of the documents in question say they betray operational intelligence, the leakage of which puts covert missions and lives at risk. A former NSA official has intelligence community sources who say Clinton's emails included the true identities of CIA operatives and assets, including foreign nationals working for the agency. Unlike Powell and Rice, Mrs. Clinton exhibited ongoing gross negligence by exposing reams of sensitive and classified intelligence to foreign governments. She ignored her sworn duty to safeguard secrets, 'marked and unmarked,' and declined to alter her behavior after she was admonished of an explicit vulnerability pertaining to personal email use. And unlike Powell and Rice, Hillary has consistently lied about this scandal. Her smug assertion that the (twice expanded) FBI investigation won't go anywhere amounts to waving a red flag in front of career investigators and intelligence officials, who are reportedly fuming over her irresponsible, and likely criminal, conduct. Remember, the probe reportedly entails more than just her email misconduct, Gen. David Petraeus was charged for classified intelligence spillage that was far more limited and contained, and a former US Attorney General says there's already sufficient evidence to justify an indictment. Clinton seems confident that her political power and privilege will shield her from accountability in the end, sending a less-than-subtle message to the Justice Department, which has already been influenced by two public White House statements.

It was a system problem and State tightened up the rules after Clinton as a result.
It was not a "system" problem. It was a Hilary Clinton problem.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:36 PM   #190
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
It was not a "system" problem. It was a Hilary Clinton problem.
Powell sure sounds a lot like Clinton...

"I have reviewed the messages and I do not see what makes them classified." Powell said. "The emails were from my Executive Assistant and forwarded messages sent by two of our Ambassadors to State Department staff members. My Executive Assistant thought I should see them in a timely manner so sent them to my personal account. Both messages were unclassified. There was no reason not to forward them in this manner. ... The Ambassadors did not believe the contents were Confidential at the time and they were sent as unclassified. That is a fact. While they have not yet clarified this point, the State Department cannot now say they were classified then because they weren't. If the Department wishes to say a dozen years later they should have been classified that is an opinion of the Department that I do not share."

Your author is pretty sloppy with the facts. Clinton didn't mishandle "hundreds upon hundreds of classified emails" as they suggest, nor did anyone expose a CIA source.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:48 PM   #191
ecduzitgood
time to go

The last paragraph is a hoot..

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ficers-n510741

Clinton insists she didn't send or receive information marked classified. But she signed a non-disclosure agreement acknowledging that information can be classified regardless of whether it is "marked or unmarked."
Old 07-09-2016, 06:40 PM   #192
detbuch

Quote:

"I have reviewed the messages and I do not see what makes them classified." Powell said. "The emails were from my Executive Assistant and forwarded messages sent by two of our Ambassadors to State Department staff members. My Executive Assistant thought I should see them in a timely manner so sent them to my personal account. Both messages were unclassified. There was no reason not to forward them in this manner. ... The Ambassadors did not believe the contents were Confidential at the time and they were sent as unclassified. That is a fact. While they have not yet clarified this point, the State Department cannot now say they were classified then because they weren't. If the Department wishes to say a dozen years later they should have been classified that is an opinion of the Department that I do not share."

Your author is pretty sloppy with the facts. Clinton didn't mishandle "hundreds upon hundreds of classified emails" as they suggest, nor did anyone expose a CIA source.
However it "sounds" to you, the Clinton and Powell cases are way different. And you're a "sloppy" and selective reader. Still, as always, you spin.

You can choose to read the portion of the article in anyway you choose to spin it. Others will read it differently.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:27 AM   #193
detbuch

Quote:

Above all else, neither Rice nor Powell set up and used a recklessly unsecure private emails server on which they conducted all of their official business, against "clear cut rules" implemented in 2005.

Your author is pretty sloppy with the facts. Clinton didn't mishandle "hundreds upon hundreds of classified emails" as they suggest,

"Hillary's server contained 1,600 classified emails and counting, including the most sensitive level of intelligence in existence (SAP, beyond-top-secret). There is no comparison between the conduct of Hillary Clinton and that of her immediate predecessors."

nor did anyone expose a CIA source.
He didn't say that anyone did. What did he say that was untrue?
Old 07-26-2016, 08:30 AM   #194
ecduzitgood
time to go

http://nypost.com/2016/07/25/clinton...sians/?ref=yfp
Old 07-26-2016, 11:14 AM   #195
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

If hackers are REALLY good....you never even know they were here...

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-29-2016, 08:18 PM   #196
ecduzitgood
time to go

She really should stop thinking she is smarter than everyone else and do as the left tells Trump.....shut up, oh well more icing for the cake..

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...e-serve-226428

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 07-29-2016 at 08:24 PM..
Old 08-02-2016, 09:45 AM   #197
ecduzitgood
time to go

Maybe Hillary and her staff just didn't know what they were doing.

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/art...FTemplate-Main
Old 08-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #198
ecduzitgood
time to go

May not be the Russians

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nsa-whist...122519001.html
Old 08-03-2016, 02:39 PM   #199
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:

Or they were to to STFU, and salute

BTW - Newsmax is on par with Huffington for excellence

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-03-2016, 03:15 PM   #200
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Or they were to to STFU, and salute

BTW - Newsmax is on par with Huffington for excellence
It does list sources so it should be easy to refute....time will tell.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:27 PM   #201
ecduzitgood
time to go

Imagine that , the State wants to run defense for Hillary and slow down the wheels of justice.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/state-wan...-election.html
Old 08-31-2016, 02:24 AM   #202
ecduzitgood
time to go

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-wan...124408445.html
Old 09-24-2016, 10:43 PM   #203
ecduzitgood
time to go

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clinton-s...200305298.html
Old 09-25-2016, 04:18 AM   #204
scottw

hmmmmmmmm........

"Well, what would Friday be without the latest document dump from the Clinton email investigation? Friday afternoon, with the public in distracted anticipation of the coming weekend and Monday’s Clinton-Trump debate showdown, the FBI released another 189 pages of interview reports. Along with this document dump comes remarkable news: The Obama Justice Department reportedly gave top Clinton aide and confidant Cheryl Mills immunity from prosecution for any incriminating information located on her personal computer. According to House Oversight Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R., Utah), the limited immunity was granted in order to persuade Ms. Mills to surrender her laptop computer so the FBI could check whether classified information was stored on it.

This is very strange. "
Old 09-25-2016, 06:21 AM   #205
buckman

Quote:

Stating the obvious 😊
Old 09-25-2016, 05:42 PM   #206
ecduzitgood
time to go

Apparently they all knew what they were doing.
http://observer.com/2016/09/the-fbi-...te-was-a-sham/
Old 09-26-2016, 12:55 AM   #207
ecduzitgood
time to go

Old 09-28-2016, 07:57 AM   #208
ecduzitgood
time to go

Apparently Hillary didn't understand that the "c" meant classified even though there were other markings including "sbu" (sensitive but unclassified) that must have really confused Hillary. Maybe she also felt that "sbu" was some form of organizing the information contained within the emails or perhaps it was part of the alphabet Hillary believed started with "c"....Maybe Trump should have Hillary recite the alphabet to see if she starts at "c" and where "sbu" comes in.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...g.html?ref=yfp

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 09-28-2016 at 08:03 AM..
Old 09-29-2016, 12:44 AM   #209
ecduzitgood
time to go

http://nypost.com/2016/09/28/the-fbi...verup/?ref=yfp
Old 09-29-2016, 08:23 PM   #210
ecduzitgood
time to go

And she used it as a deduction on her tax return...lol