Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 04-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Angry Taxes

Just finished fed and state.

Ya gotta be kiddin me, this has has to stop.

Carry on.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Assume the position Dave! Cause its comin'!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
Raven

Exclamation it's a friggan JOKE

take that much money from each of us
and then squander it for useless reasons
and then pretend like we had a say the whole thing

sounds like a rip off to me...
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #4
vineyardblues

Just the other day I was trying to tell my 15 year old daughter what taxes are.......Guess what she said to me after what I told her?

She said dad, everyone came to America for a better life, It looks like in the future we may be leaving to find a better way to live!

She may have something !

VB
vineyardblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #5
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Taxes

They kill me. No deductions, no kids. aaahhhhhhhh
BOHICA
Bend over here it comes again!

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
Joe

I call it "Big Bill Roulette"

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:59 AM   #7
Hooper
Southsider

Tax money=political power. It is the diesel fuel that keep politics going. The whole process is sickening. I just completed 2007 taxes for my deceased Mother, I kept thinking "Death and Taxes, Death and Taxes" Even when you're dead and gone, you will pay the TaxMan.

Anyone hear that Wesley Snipes is the latest one to go down for believing in the "There is No Law that Requires Payment of Income Taxes" illusion? How'd that work for ya, Wes?
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:06 AM   #8
Backbeach Jake

Angry

There is no reason on God's greed Earth that paying your taxes should be this traumatic. I'm big on flat tax pay 10-12% on what you clear and be done with it. Everyone , no exception. Our Government behaves like a teenager with Mom's credit card. Spend the max then go get more. Well, the stone is about bled out in this country. They're gonna have a bitch of a time locking us all up

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #9
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Just finished.......nothing like going to bed in a foul mood.......get to wake up to writing checks.......

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:12 AM   #10
Mr. Sandman

I feel your pain. That is what I am doing right now.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:24 AM   #11
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Government big enough to give you everything you want is powerful enough to take everything you have.........

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Fishpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:56 PM   #12
BW from AZ

TAXES

A gentleman i know pays NO income tax and DOES"NT use a drivers license. He did his home work and proved to the courts that the income tax was never "ratified " by a majority of the states. He had the judge declare him tax exempt. Same with the drivers license, he has a permit to travel card. He said the trick was to pay the taxes until you get through court. Thats where they can get you for tax evasion. A drivers license doesn't prove you can drive.
Men dressed in black came to his other friends house around 1 in the morning with guns drawn and asked them all to leave the state. They promptly did (to Utah). He has absolutely nothing in his name (it all in a trust) and still pays NO taxes.
He was fun to talk with about everything.
BW from AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #13
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW from AZ View Post
A gentleman i know pays NO income tax and DOES"NT use a drivers license. He did his home work and proved to the courts that the income tax was never "ratified " by a majority of the states. He had the judge declare him tax exempt. Same with the drivers license, he has a permit to travel card. He said the trick was to pay the taxes until you get through court. Thats where they can get you for tax evasion. A drivers license doesn't prove you can drive.
Men dressed in black came to his other friends house around 1 in the morning with guns drawn and asked them all to leave the state. They promptly did (to Utah). He has absolutely nothing in his name (it all in a trust) and still pays NO taxes.
I'd love to have a talk with him...like about how well our military would function or how stable our economy would be if everybody behaved as he did

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #14
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

hmmm,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW from AZ View Post
Wow... thats something to brag about,,,, the bum,,,,

There are lots of people who have tried this and eventually went to JAIL and changing states does not relieve them to their FEDERAL TAX liabilities it only prolongs the time to be held accountable. Since there is a lot of case law on the subject it will only be a matter of time,,,,,,

As far as the trust,,,, I am pretty sure someone will eventually have to pay taxes on the money, the property, the assets and the distributions from that trust.... Those are TAXABLE and the trust will eventually have to distribute it so it will be taxed or file a trust tax return where the money will be taken directly from the financial institution who has the trust.

Last I heard a permit to travel was only issued to certain people from foreign countries and was only valid for a certain period of time. You sure this guy does not have dual citizenship and just resides in the U.S. so he can grub off YOU and me,,

Sounds like there is more to this story.

You know maybe you right and he doesn't pay,,, but then again there are lots of people who don't make enough to be taxed so they end up living under a bridge and beg at stoplights....

Last edited by GattaFish; 04-17-2008 at 10:45 AM..
GattaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #15
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

LATE TAXES

I mailed mine certified on 4/8, Feds got the envelope and receipt mailed back...State hasn't received the envelope yet. Feds went to Andover and State went to usual Po box in boston.

That's exactly why you always get a receipt when you send them in. usps service sucks.
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote