Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-20-2018, 11:11 PM   #91
Pete F.
Canceled

A criminal investigation and a background investigation are not the same thing
A senate hearing is not a court of law
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-20-2018, 11:20 PM   #92
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I never said that. But she did say that Bill's accusers were lying.
As long as you are doing what about

The dirt: Even before the release of a 2005 video in which he boasted about sexually assaulting women—“Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything,” he said, as well as “I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything”—there’s a long line of allegations against Trump. Jill Harth says Trump assaulted her in the 1990s. Trump’s ex-wife Ivana Trump once suggested he had raped her, though she has since recanted her story. Former Miss Utah Temple Taggart said he kissed her on the lips inappropriately. But since the release, more women have come forward. Two told The New York Times that Trump had assaulted them, one saying he tried to put his hand up her skirt on a flight in the 1970s and another saying he forcibly kissed her. A Florida woman says Trump groped her. A former People reporter recounted an alleged assault at his Mar-a-Lago debate, and says he told her, “You know we’re going to have an affair, don’t you?” Several former teen pageant contestants said Trump walked in on them while they were naked or partially dressed.
The upshot: Trump denies all of the allegations. In the sexual-assault cases, Trump faces the difficulty that he in some cases bragged openly about just the behavior of which he has accused—whether grabbing or forcibly kissing. Trump has demanded a retraction from the Times, and has threatened to sue several outlets. The paper, in a letter, refused. A woman who brought a rape case against Trump (twice) withdrew her suit in November, but in January, Summer Zervos sued Trump for defamation, after he labeled her claims of sexual assault false.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2018, 04:01 AM   #93
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

no...it's a circus thank to the democrats

ahhh...the words of that liberal lion and democrat icon....

"Robert Bork's America is a land in which women would be forced into back-alley abortions, blacks would sit at segregated lunch counters, rogue police could break down citizens' doors in midnight raids, schoolchildren could not be taught about evolution, writers and artists would be censored at the whim of government, and the doors of the federal courts would be shut on the fingers of millions of citizens for whom the judiciary is often the only protector of the individual rights that are the heart of our democracy.

America is a better and freer nation than Robert Bork thinks. Yet in the current delicate balance of the Supreme Court, his rigid ideology will tip the scales of justice against the kind of country America is and ought to be.

The damage that President Reagan will do through this nomination, if it is not rejected by the Senate, could live on far beyond the end of his presidential term. President Reagan is still our President. But he should not be able to reach out from the muck of Irangate, reach into the muck of Watergate, and impose his reactionary vision of the Constitution on the Supreme Court and on the next generation of Americans. No justice would be better than this injustice."
Old 09-21-2018, 07:22 AM   #94
Jim in CT

Quote:
As long as you are doing what about

The dirt: Even before the release of a 2005 video in which he boasted about sexually assaulting women—“Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything,” he said, as well as “I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything”—there’s a long line of allegations against Trump. Jill Harth says Trump assaulted her in the 1990s. Trump’s ex-wife Ivana Trump once suggested he had raped her, though she has since recanted her story. Former Miss Utah Temple Taggart said he kissed her on the lips inappropriately. But since the release, more women have come forward. Two told The New York Times that Trump had assaulted them, one saying he tried to put his hand up her skirt on a flight in the 1970s and another saying he forcibly kissed her. A Florida woman says Trump groped her. A former People reporter recounted an alleged assault at his Mar-a-Lago debate, and says he told her, “You know we’re going to have an affair, don’t you?” Several former teen pageant contestants said Trump walked in on them while they were naked or partially dressed.
The upshot: Trump denies all of the allegations. In the sexual-assault cases, Trump faces the difficulty that he in some cases bragged openly about just the behavior of which he has accused—whether grabbing or forcibly kissing. Trump has demanded a retraction from the Times, and has threatened to sue several outlets. The paper, in a letter, refused. A woman who brought a rape case against Trump (twice) withdrew her suit in November, but in January, Summer Zervos sued Trump for defamation, after he labeled her claims of sexual assault false.
Earth to Pete,,,i am not defending Trump.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:29 AM   #95
wdmso

Quote:
This kind of dirty fighting from the left is exactly why Trump got elected,

Your completely indoctrinated in rights proganga if you think

1 the dems fight dirty ( compared to the Republicans )

2 and thats what help elect Trump .

your detached from reality
Old 09-21-2018, 07:29 AM   #96
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Earth to Pete,,,i am not defending Trump.
No but you are whatabouin and I’m not defending Hillary either

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2018, 07:41 AM   #97
Nebe

I like how a consentual blow job is an impeachable offense to republicans but attempted rape is totally cool.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:44 AM   #98
PaulS

Quote:
Sorry, here's my question...if a simple allegation is enough to disqualify Kavanaugh, why aren't all the liberals screaming for Keith Ellison to resign?
I don't think this is enough to disqualify K - but have the FBI investigate and if there is enough there then have a hearing - with witnesses, evidence, etc.

Like they did w/A Hill. Orrin Hatch was in favor of it then but not now.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:44 PM   #99
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I like how a consentual blow job is an impeachable offense to republicans but attempted rape is totally cool.
Was there proof of the blowjob (I.e. see dress) and is there proof of attempted rape?

And he was impeached for lying under oath.

And for the record, I always thought the whole BJ thing should have just been between Bill, Hillary, and Monica

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-21-2018, 08:20 PM   #100
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

If you’re going to accuse people of being detached from reality, it would help your argument if knew the difference between you’re and your. Most of us learned that in elementary school.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 09-21-2018, 09:51 PM   #101
Jim in CT

Quote:
A criminal investigation and a background investigation are not the same thing
Not sure what you mean. I posted where the FBI said they took a pass on investigating Ford's claims. Trump can order them to do it if he wants, which I presume he does not.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:53 PM   #102
Jim in CT

Quote:

OK. So what happens when liberal speakers give a speech on college campus - nothing. WHat happens when conservatives try to give a speech - a riot. Compare the tea party to Occupy Wall Street or Black Lives Matter. Look at this case.

Of course the left's habit of fighting dirty helped lead to Trump.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:53 PM   #103
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
It wasn't the affair, he lied about it under oath. That was the impeachable ofense. Also there was irrefutable evidence of the affair, not just she said he said.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:18 PM   #104
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Not sure what you mean. I posted where the FBI said they took a pass on investigating Ford's claims. Trump can order them to do it if he wants, which I presume he does not.
Who and when from the fbi said they would not continue the background check?
Of course they would not open an investigation into a state crime but they are the agency that does background checks at the request of the president, seems he either doesn’t want to know or doesn’t know how it works.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2018, 10:24 PM   #105
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
OK. So what happens when liberal speakers give a speech on college campus - nothing. WHat happens when conservatives try to give a speech - a riot. Compare the tea party to Occupy Wall Street or Black Lives Matter. Look at this case.

Of course the left's habit of fighting dirty helped lead to Trump.
Of course you wouldn’t be guilty of any of these things

In these times, however, it’s a joke to focus on incivility by Democrats even as the Republican president routinely says things that are as bad as or worse than the attacks of the most irresponsible Democratic no-name precinct chair. Nor is President Donald Trump as much of an outlier as one might imagine. After all, his crusade to declare President Barack Obama a non-citizen was taken up by many Republican politicians; his repeated ethnic slur against Senator Elizabeth Warren, repeated this past weekend, was adapted from one used against her by Massachusetts Republicans.

This strain of Republican rhetoric goes back to Newt Gingrich in the 1980s and 1990s. The lawmaker from Georgia who became House speaker was not just prone to excessive rhetoric himself, but trained Republican politicians to use extreme wording.

Then there’s Republican-aligned media, a constant source of institutionalized incivility that encourages a politics of grievance by searching out any examples of Democratic rhetorical excess.

Basically, anyone who thinks the parties are even remotely equivalent on this score is treating Trump as if he doesn’t count. And anyone who thinks the parties are roughly equivalent if you remove Trump from the equation should take Kevin Drum’s advice and spend more time critically monitoring Republican-aligned media. And, as Norm Ornstein reminds us, critical monitoring is not the same as reacting to the problem of incivility with a “knee-jerk response” of trying to find equal fault on both sides. and using conservative outlets only as a source for finding examples of poor Democratic behavior.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-22-2018, 03:18 AM   #106
scottw

Quote:
Of course you wouldn’t be guilty of any of these things

In these times, however, it’s a joke to focus on incivility by Democrats even as the Republican president routinely says things that are as bad as or worse than the attacks of the most irresponsible Democratic no-name precinct chair. Nor is President Donald Trump as much of an outlier as one might imagine. After all, his crusade to declare President Barack Obama a non-citizen was taken up by many Republican politicians; his repeated ethnic slur against Senator Elizabeth Warren, repeated this past weekend, was adapted from one used against her by Massachusetts Republicans.

This strain of Republican rhetoric goes back to Newt Gingrich in the 1980s and 1990s. The lawmaker from Georgia who became House speaker was not just prone to excessive rhetoric himself, but trained Republican politicians to use extreme wording.

Then there’s Republican-aligned media, a constant source of institutionalized incivility that encourages a politics of grievance by searching out any examples of Democratic rhetorical excess.

Basically, anyone who thinks the parties are even remotely equivalent on this score is treating Trump as if he doesn’t count. And anyone who thinks the parties are roughly equivalent if you remove Trump from the equation should take Kevin Drum’s advice and spend more time critically monitoring Republican-aligned media. And, as Norm Ornstein reminds us, critical monitoring is not the same as reacting to the problem of incivility with a “knee-jerk response” of trying to find equal fault on both sides. and using conservative outlets only as a source for finding examples of poor Democratic behavior.
this is stupid....did you write this pete or are you plagiarizing again?
Old 09-22-2018, 05:14 AM   #107
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is stupid....did you write this pete or are you plagiarizing again?
Plagiarizing
It take it you disagree

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-22-2018, 12:56 PM   #108
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Was there proof of the blowjob (I.e. see dress) and is there proof of attempted rape?

And he was impeached for lying under oath.

And for the record, I always thought the whole BJ thing should have just been between Bill, Hillary, and Monica
And that is why Rudy (if he is smarter than he sounds) will never let Trump sit down with Mueller to testify under oath, he can’t stop lying regardless of the implications.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:41 PM   #109
scottw

oprah told trump to speak his own truth so that's what he does...i thought that was big with the lefties
Old 09-22-2018, 02:42 PM   #110
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
If you’re going to accuse people of being detached from reality, it would help your argument if knew the difference between you’re and your. Most of us learned that in elementary school.
thanks for adding nothing to the conversation. it must be liberating
Old 09-22-2018, 10:23 PM   #111
fishbones

Quote:
thanks for adding nothing to the conversation. it must be liberating
You’re welcome. See how I used the word correctly there? It is liberating to be smarter than people who are not only narrow minded but simple.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 09-22-2018, 10:26 PM   #112
fishbones

By the way, it’s also correct to start sentences with capital letters, Wayne. A little bit of correct grammar goes a long way when you want to be taken seriously.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:38 AM   #113
wdmso

Quote:
You’re welcome. See how I used the word correctly there? It is liberating to be smarter than people who are not only narrow minded but simple.
Please be safe it is dangerous sitting on such a high horse
Old 09-23-2018, 12:57 PM   #114
PaulS

Quote:
Looks like another new low for this forum.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:42 PM   #115
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Hold my beer....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-23-2018, 05:43 PM   #116
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Nothing to add except to comment on a post as usual.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 09-23-2018, 05:59 PM   #117
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Pot, meet kettle....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-23-2018, 06:46 PM   #118
Jim in CT

Senator Horino said today, that because of the way Kavanaugh decides cases, she doesn't think that presumption of innocence applies to him. Nice to hear a totalitarian admit it that the protections provided by our justice system, do not apply to everyone equally in her mind. This is a US Senator.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:01 PM   #119
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Senator Horino said today, that because of the way Kavanaugh decides cases, she doesn't think that presumption of innocence applies to him. Nice to hear a totalitarian admit it that the protections provided by our justice system, do not apply to everyone equally in her mind. This is a US Senator.

She is an enemy of the people... not a US Senator in my opinion and should have her head examined

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:28 AM   #120
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Touche