Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Miss read the original quote and that is why I said i'm not sure what you mean.

Yes, It only benefits Trump.

They weren't going anything in Ukr. other than H. Biden working for a company there. To imply there was something nefarious going on w/o any evidence is wrong.
the truth only benefits trump. if you say so...

how could you possibly know that they didn’t do anything wrong?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-27-2020, 11:35 AM   #32
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the truth only benefits trump. if you say so...

how could you possibly know that they didn’t do anything wrong?
How do you know that they did? You just don't do an investigation on a feeling that something is wrong or a coincidence.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:37 AM   #33
scottw

Quote:
How do you know that they did? You just don't do an investigation on a feeling that something is wrong or a coincidence.
you are tedious...but I still love you
Old 01-27-2020, 11:39 AM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Joe Biden lost his wife and daughter in a car crash shortly after being elected to the Senate, he lost one of his two remaining children to cancer.
Did he push some for his remaining child, I assume he did, I would also.

But you still have no predicate for the investigation of either of the Bidens.
Being on a board is not an indictable crime or even worthy of investigation, you might wonder what expertise Nikki Haley brings to Boeing if you think it is.

And if you have concerns about emoluments and nepotism you probably should look closely at the current occupant of the White House.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 11:45 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
my god, man, i keep
saying i don’t know, which is why i’d like to find out. you find out by investigating.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:08 PM   #36
PaulS

Quote:
my god, man, i keep
saying i don’t know, which is why i’d like to find out. you find out by investigating.
The point is there is no proof at all so you shouldn't as the Pres. of the US tell a foreign country that you want them to announce an investigation into something there is no proof.

My God - what don't you understand about that?
Old 01-27-2020, 12:25 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
The point is there is no proof at all so you shouldn't as the Pres. of the US tell a foreign country that you want them to announce an investigation into something there is no proof.

My God - what don't you understand about that?
most investigations are begun without proof. they’re begun with probable cause ( or
in the case of Carter Page, fabricated probable cause).

Paul, you’re saying you think it’s likely that Hunter would
have gotten that Ukrainian energy job, even if his dad wasn’t the VP and point man on Ukraine for Obama? That’s what this boils down to. is it reasonable to
assume that Hunters getting that job, had nothing to do with who his father was? I say no, it’s not reasonable. I presume
you say yes, it is reasonable, no reason to assume
anything fishy took place?

thank god we live in a country where we can disagree.

you can have the last word, this has descended into an absurd Abbott and Costello routine.

Trump ain’t getting removed.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:42 PM   #38
PaulS

Quote:
most investigations are begun without proof. they’re begun with probable cause ( or
in the case of Carter Page, fabricated probable cause).

Paul, you’re saying you think it’s likely that Hunter would
have gotten that Ukrainian energy job, even if his dad wasn’t the VP and point man on Ukraine for Obama? I never said that. He got the job BC his father was VP. That is not a crime.That’s what this boils down to. is it reasonable to
assume that Hunters getting that job, had nothing to do with who his father was? I say no, it’s not reasonable. I presume
you say yes, it is reasonable, no reason to assume
anything fishy took place? Yes, it is. The children of the rich and famous benefit all the time bc of their family.

thank god we live in a country where we can disagree.

you can have the last word, this has descended into an absurd Abbott and Costello routine.

Trump ain’t getting removed.
Thanks for the last word and I think the Repub. will refuse to call any witnesses and even if they did call witnesses who confirm that Trump withheld $ bc he was trying to have the Ukr. govern. state they were investigating the Bidens, repeatedly lied about, the Repubs. will not remove Trump.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:35 PM   #39
wdmso

here is the latest conspiracy form thoses seeking the truth....

Source: Alexander Vindman’s Brother, Yevgeny, Clears Publications by NSC Officials

so he leaked Boltons Book

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...nsc-officials/

and here are some of the most popular comments

both should be arrested as double agents of Russia. 251 likes (PS their not russian LOL)

I have been telling you guys for a long time, the left is playing for keeps. They mean to enslave us or genocide us. Nothing else.I f you can identify antifa cells, leftists in your area, john browns or any of those folks. Be ready to react when the bugaloo happens.

FYI bugaloo is the new code word for Civil war

or I still believe Trump will achieve all this in his second term. We must get control of the House. If the indictments do not begin and if these traitors and bastards get away with their crimes there will be hell to pay.

For everyone defending Trump non stop. ^^^^^ These are the people your to standing next too. and the ideas they embrace .. even if you think your not ...

Last edited by wdmso; 01-27-2020 at 01:44 PM..
Old 01-27-2020, 01:44 PM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

Senior level White House sources tell ABC the president’s legal team is preparing for the possibility of witnesses in the impeachment trial. Sources tell that the legal team is preparing aggressive, drawn out legal fight to block testimony of potential witnesses.

Any attempt by the White House to silence or censor John Bolton by going to a federal court would run into the quadruple buzz saw of the Senate’s “sole” power to try impeachments, the First Amendment, the Speech and Debate Clause, and political reality.

Search the transcript of Saturday’s impeachment trial, as President Trump’s lawyers began their opening arguments, and you’ll see there’s a name nowhere to be found: John Bolton, the former national security adviser.

The president’s lawyers made no mention of him. And now there’s no need to speculate why. Because the news about what’s in Bolton’s forthcoming book is out — and it shows that his testimony would be devastating to Trump.

The New York Times reported Sunday night that Bolton submitted his manuscript to the White House for pre-publication review four weeks ago. Which means, in all likelihood, that at least some members of the president’s defense team have known exactly what Bolton would say if called to the stand.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 02:40 PM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
here is the latest conspiracy form thoses seeking the truth....

Source: Alexander Vindman’s Brother, Yevgeny, Clears Publications by NSC Officials

so he leaked Boltons Book

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...nsc-officials/

and here are some of the most popular comments

both should be arrested as double agents of Russia. 251 likes (PS their not russian LOL)

I have been telling you guys for a long time, the left is playing for keeps. They mean to enslave us or genocide us. Nothing else.I f you can identify antifa cells, leftists in your area, john browns or any of those folks. Be ready to react when the bugaloo happens.

FYI bugaloo is the new code word for Civil war

or I still believe Trump will achieve all this in his second term. We must get control of the House. If the indictments do not begin and if these traitors and bastards get away with their crimes there will be hell to pay.

For everyone defending Trump non stop. ^^^^^ These are the people your to standing next too. and the ideas they embrace .. even if you think your not ...
so there aren’t any homicidal maniacs planning to vote the same way as you?

gimme a break Wayne. That’s the best you got? There are tens of millions of people
who voted for trump, some are crazy, some are very bad. That says nothing about anyone else.

Pretty desperate if you’re playing that card.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:14 PM   #42
Sea Dangles

Quote:

gimme a break Wayne. That’s the best you got? There are tens of millions of people
who voted for trump, some are crazy, some are very bad. That says nothing about anyone else.

It’s all they have left. Meanwhile,the hoax is unraveling.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-27-2020, 03:20 PM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

Isn’t it interesting how Floridaman’s lawyers are desperately trying to convince us that Floridaman was obsessed with corruption in Ukraine? Yet, Floridaman has never ONCE expressed even a passing interest in corruption in Russia. Or anywhere else for that matter

Putin's puppet

Last edited by Pete F.; 01-27-2020 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: fix it to make dangles happy

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 03:23 PM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

GOP sources are telling us after the bolton manuscript it's now "very likely Trump could be the first president in history to be removed from office."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 03:42 PM   #45
wdmso

Quote:

when you can show me likewise comments from the left , than you might have an argument , I am sorry that the right left you and other conservatives behind .. this is the new reality ..

I am just stating the obvious
Old 01-27-2020, 03:44 PM   #46
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
GOP sources are telling us after the bolton manuscript it's now "very likely Trump could be the first president in history to be removed from office."
but pete he gave them Javelin anti weapons ... and obama didn't isnt that enough
Old 01-27-2020, 03:56 PM   #47
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Isn’t it interesting how Floridaman’s lawyers are desperately trying to convince us that Floridaman was obsessed with corruption in Ukraine? Yet, Floridaman has never ONCE expressed even a passing interest in corruption in Russia.

Putin's puppet
How much aid do we give Russia?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-27-2020, 03:56 PM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

NEW YORK TIMES: "Bolton said after Trump's call with Zelensky, Bolton raised with Barr his concerns about Giuliani—who was pursuing a shadow Ukraine policy encouraged by Trump—and told Barr Trump mentioned him on the Zelensky call. Barr denies learning of the call from Bolton."

If that is true, then Barr is not merely conflicted (he was directly referenced in the phone call to Zelensky), he is a co-conspirator who actively tried to obstruct Congress and justice by burying the WB complaint and preventing a criminal investigation.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 03:59 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
How much do you want to bet?

Yet again, NOW we have the smoking gun. We didn't have it before, but NOW we do...Pete, how many times do you get fooled by these people, before you'll stop listening to them. I actually think Bolton should testify. For the same exact reason the Bidens should testify...it's good that we know what these people are doing in our names.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-27-2020 at 04:06 PM..
Old 01-27-2020, 04:02 PM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
How much aid do we give Russia?
Ukraine in fiscal 2018 ranked 25th in the amount of U.S. aid it received — economic, military and other. Of the 24 countries who received more aid, 13 ranked as more corrupt than Ukraine on Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 04:03 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
when you can show me likewise comments from the left , than you might have an argument , I am sorry that the right left you and other conservatives behind .. this is the new reality ..

I am just stating the obvious
"when you can show me likewise comments from the left , than you might have an argument "

ANTIFA beats the sh*t out of senior citizens. Now, because they vote the same way you do, what do their actions say about you? The answer, of course, is nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"The right" isn't defined by the lunatic fringe, any more than the left is defined by cop killers.

Harvey Weinstein was a very, very prominent democrat. What do his actions say about you, since you vote the same exact way he does?

How many examples do you want? Anthony Weiner, the democrat governor of VA in blackface, etc...We could both go all day. But it would be stupid.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:03 PM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

GOP Sen. Ron Johnson: ‘My guess’ is John Bolton is telling truth about Trump and Ukraine

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 04:07 PM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
GOP Sen. Ron Johnson: ‘My guess’ is John Bolton is telling truth about Trump and Ukraine
Then I guess it's all over...just like it was 15 other times since he took office.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:11 PM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
Senator Johnson also said (you left this part out, I'm sure that was an accident on your part), "“Having been involved, having spoken with John Bolton myself on this issue, I don't know what additional information he might have. I don't think it'd be particularly revealing.”
Old 01-27-2020, 04:14 PM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
OK, Pete.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mad.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	66850  
Old 01-27-2020, 04:15 PM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

The defense team’s strategy rests on pretending that news doesn’t exist.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 04:20 PM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

Floridaman's defense team is confused—the president is not permitted by law or constitution to issue a "blanket" edict of "absolute immunity" without any assertion of execution privilege in response to the House engaging in the constitutionally provided-for process of impeachment.

More than this, Floridaman is so far from just "asserting his rights" as president that he's actually arguing for an END to the Impeachment Clause, an END to Congressional oversight, and an END to checks and balances. It's a lawless argument that has nothing to do with rights.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 06:02 PM   #58
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Ukraine in fiscal 2018 ranked 25th in the amount of U.S. aid it received — economic, military and other. Of the 24 countries who received more aid, 13 ranked as more corrupt than Ukraine on Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index.
You didn’t answer my question.
You know,the one that exposed your gibberish.🤡🤡🤡

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-27-2020, 08:09 PM   #59
detbuch

I really like this guy. His delivery is a great mixture of seriousness with punchy combative humor. And he has good political insight. the first half of this video pertains to this thread:

Last edited by detbuch; 01-27-2020 at 08:51 PM..
Old 01-27-2020, 08:16 PM   #60
scottw

nobody likes you anymore Captain Mustache