Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 08-28-2021, 05:59 AM   #1
Rmarsh

The kitchen install I did this week started off badly.
Instead of using our regular kitchen designer/supplier....this customer wanted to handle the whole thing themselves through someone they knew at their local lumberyard. Cabinets get dropped of and I start laying out according to the plan provided. Right away I find that after the 24" upper corner cabinet...they show a 12" wall cabinet that covers over the kitchen window casing almost to the jamb. I notify my boss who calls the customer. Customer comes to job and asks me how this happened! Classic!
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 06:03 AM   #2
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
The kitchen install I did this week started off badly.
Instead of using our regular kitchen designer/supplier....this customer wanted to handle the whole thing themselves through someone they knew at their local lumberyard. Cabinets get dropped of and I start laying out according to the plan provided. Right away I find that after the 24" upper corner cabinet...they show a 12" wall cabinet that covers over the kitchen window casing almost to the jamb. I notify my boss who calls the customer. Customer comes to job and asks me how this happened! Classic!
Customers should only be allowed to sign checks,,,, ;-). LOL
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 06:27 AM   #3
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Customers should only be allowed to sign checks,,,, ;-). LOL
Haha yeah....I have to hold back what I really think when they ask me a stupid question...."how could this have happened?".
me...."well someone either moved the window or the wall" or could it be your designer just #^&#^&#^&#^&ed it up?
Old 09-06-2021, 05:59 AM   #4
Rmarsh

Started another install..... soffit detail in progress.....not liking the microwave location right next to upper corner cabinet.....also unequal spacing from cabinets to window casing. I just install....but sometimes have to ask when I see a potential problem. I did and was told.... all approved by the customer. Frost white cabinets and Expresso (dark brown) island does not look good to me.

Last edited by Rmarsh; 08-26-2023 at 06:05 AM..
Old 09-06-2021, 06:48 AM   #5
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

What table is that???? Did it come with a fence too? Heavy? Like that...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 07:04 AM   #6
Rmarsh

Ross.....its a Husky brand from Home Depot....99 bucks....legs are easily detachable and store under table....also set up for attaching a router underneath...comes with other hardware for making extended work support.
It has recessed tracks in the table top to receive a hex bolt..... to attach a fence or hold saw down.

Last edited by Rmarsh; 09-06-2021 at 08:36 AM..