Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-31-2019, 07:30 AM   #31
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Even if Trump didn't direct that action to hide the name, it's pretty sad that our military is playing partisan politics, because we have a thin skinned commander and chief who has no respect for those that have served if they aren't playing his game.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:46 AM   #32
PaulS

Yes, no complaints about how our Pres. has attempted to politicize the military.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:54 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Even if Trump didn't direct that action to hide the name, it's pretty sad that our military is playing partisan politics, because we have a thin skinned commander and chief who has no respect for those that have served if they aren't playing his game.
"it's pretty sad that our military is playing partisan politics"

if that's what happened, I agree with you. Do we know for sure what happened? All I know, is that a WSJ reporter got caught lying.

"we have a thin skinned commander and chief who has no respect for those that have served "

Trump spoke at the Air Force academy graduation this week, and shook hands with 1,000 graduating students.

If you took a poll of the entire US military and asked them who respects them more, Trump or Obama...do you really have any doubt what the results would be?

Obama is a plutocrat who is more comfortable with the swells. Trump isn't that. Trump is a lot of bad things, but what he's not, is an elitist.

Again, is a speck of honesty too much to ask?
Old 05-31-2019, 07:54 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Yes, no complaints about how our Pres. has attempted to politicize the military.
Here you go...it's disgusting when Trump tries to politicize the US military.

OK?

And trumps refusal
to let go of his feud with McCain, is pathetic. i think trump is a million times better as a politician than mccain ever was in terms
if enacting policy that helps people, but mccain was the better man by far. we elected trump
to improve our lives, not to be a role model for how to behave.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-31-2019 at 08:01 AM..
Old 05-31-2019, 03:54 PM   #35
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Here you go...it's disgusting when Trump tries to politicize the US military.

OK?

And trumps refusal
to let go of his feud with McCain, is pathetic. i think trump is a million times better as a politician than mccain ever was in terms
if enacting policy that helps people, but mccain was the better man by far. we elected trump
to improve our lives, not to be a role model for how to behave.

that statement is very sad indeed .... to bad he has done neither .. PS who is We

Trump’s tariffs are equivalent to one of the largest tax increases in decades... but again the faithful look the other way
Old 05-31-2019, 04:58 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
that statement is very sad indeed .... to bad he has done neither .. PS who is We

Trump’s tariffs are equivalent to one of the largest tax increases in decades... but again the faithful look the other way
stock market up, unemployment down, gdp up, wages up. personal
income taxes down.

sorry wdmso, he gets credit for
some of that. if you deny that, you are incapable of having a conversation with.

it’s also worth pointing out that the alternative candidate wasn’t exactly a model of virtue either. character wasn't on the ballot, THATS what is truly sad. if it’s a choice between two reptiles, and it was exactly that, I prefer the one who will help the economy, protect individual rights, take jihadists seriously, and appoint judges who are guided by the constitution and not by their personal activism.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-31-2019, 05:00 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
His tariffs won’t be permanent, and are also helping to bring more jobs back - you left that part out, gee i wonder why. US steel is
investing in a huge steel
plant in PA. just in time for the 2020 election.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:01 PM   #38
Jim in CT

wdmso, here is what Williams Sonoma is doing.

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/...united-states/
Old 05-31-2019, 08:02 PM   #39
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
wdmso, here is what Williams Sonoma is doing.

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/...united-states/
Keeping drinking your Trump kool aid your example is 1 company. .. Still no big apple expansion no Foxconn now Mexico.. the man sitting in the White House is an embarrassment. As are those who turn a blind eye to his abhorrent behavior .. have sold their souls .
Old 06-01-2019, 12:09 AM   #40
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Keeping drinking your Trump kool aid your example is 1 company. .. Still no big apple expansion no Foxconn now Mexico.. the man sitting in the White House is an embarrassment. As are those who turn a blind eye to his abhorrent behavior .. have sold their souls .
So does this mean you and got strippers are saved because you expose his behavior? This has now become Gods work. Thank you for your service. Any fool not crusading against Trump has now magically sold their souls.....🤡

And another kool aid reference.... the batting average is going way up,you must be one of the only smart people in the country.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-01-2019, 05:47 AM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
1 company? unemployment is at a 50 year low. did you see the announcement by US Steel about investment/expansion?

you are the one drinking anti trump kool aid. i don’t blindly follow a party agenda, i have no need to deny reality. that’s your realm, not mine.