Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-18-2018, 11:34 AM   #121
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Are all Republicans Trumplicans in your eyes? Do you know how many people didn't vote for him in the primary? A lot.
Not I
Nor a large number of people I know
But Trumplicans continue to support him
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-18-2018, 11:38 AM   #122
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Not I
Nor a large number of people I know
But Trumplicans continue to support him
They say he's a good guy? Or that he's a good president?

I would never, ever have voted for him in the primary - never. But I voted for him in the general. I think he's a disgusting human being, who is doing a good job as president. Does that make me a Trumplican? I said the same exact thing about Bill Clinton. Does that make me a diehard liberal, as well as a Trumplican?
Old 12-18-2018, 11:56 AM   #123
detbuch

Quote:
They say he's a good guy? Or that he's a good president?

I would never, ever have voted for him in the primary - never. But I voted for him in the general. I think he's a disgusting human being, who is doing a good job as president. Does that make me a Trumplican? I said the same exact thing about Bill Clinton. Does that make me a diehard liberal, as well as a Trumplican?
Jim, I think by "Trumplican" Pete means someone who supports Trump. So, if you support Trump, even just as a good President, you're what he calls a Trumplican.

If he means something other than that, something sarcastic and belittling, that would be trespassing his own distaste for name calling. You know . . . like being a hypocrite.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:01 PM   #124
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Jim, I think by "Trumplican" Pete means someone who supports Trump. So, if you support Trump, even just as a good President, you're what he calls a Trumplican.

If he means something other than that, something sarcastic and belittling, that would be trespassing his own distaste for name calling. You know . . . like being a hypocrite.
Curious how he will respond.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #125
Nebe

Not to be confused with a Trumplethinskin. That’s like a snowflake ... but you know... hates a lot of things and has lots of guns. Probably has a 10th grade education but thinks he knows everything.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:19 PM   #126
wdmso

Quote:
I really want to stay out of your pissing match, but I didn't realize we sacrificed something to have the remains returned.

And, personally, I would rather we go get our captured soldier, using whatever force, "whatever he can do to bring home" as you put it, than to trade for some who have murdered us and let them be free to do so again.
Who said we sacrificed anything with North Korea I think they gave the ultimate sacrifice was how it was used

We traded our combatant for their combatants. That’s what happen in combat .. the goal is to kill the enemy

You call them murders what do you think we are to them?
Old 12-18-2018, 12:27 PM   #127
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Curious how he will respond.
Detbuch is correct
Time will tell if it is sarcastic and belittling

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-18-2018, 12:34 PM   #128
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
This is a discussion where you said you were waiting for a positive action from Trump. I provided the example of bringing home our fallen servicemen ,which took many years as well as many administrations to accomplish. You trivialized it.....wonder why

No I said it was not special it’s expected was it positive yes
Not sure why the rights need to wave Pom poms when Trump does
Positive when it should have been done regardless

Wrong party is my guess.

You proceeded by smearing the accomplishment by bringing NK into the discussion despite insisting it is our duty to bring home all of our men regardless.

You don’t follow we’ll you brought up dealing with terroist .. but no issue dealing with Kim Wrong party right

A dizzying display of partisanship. Yes we are obligated to bring them all back. Yes it was a bad deal to bring back this deserter,we lost 6 good men bringing back a soldier who turned his back on his comrades,such a shame. Compound this by trading a handful of bad guys in order to secure the release and it is a terrible deal.

So you do want to pick and choose who comes home and uninformed to boot

https://www.stripes.com/news/command...gdahl-1.402016

Old 12-18-2018, 12:40 PM   #129
Jim in CT

Quote:
Detbuch is correct
As I said, I also think Bill Clinton was disgusting, who nonetheless did some good things with policy. So is there a derogatory name you assign to people who judge democratic presidents by the job they do rather than their personal behavior? Or is it acceptable to give democrats that benefit, and only a problem when we apply it to Republicans?
Old 12-18-2018, 12:41 PM   #130
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Not to be confused with a Trumplethinskin. That’s like a snowflake ... but you know... hates a lot of things and has lots of guns. Probably has a 10th grade education but thinks he knows everything.
Pretty sure you don't understand the term snowflake. When your side hasn't gotten their way, they formed Occupy Wall Street, Antifa, and Black Lives Matter. What's the republican equivalent of this? The Tea Party?
Old 12-18-2018, 12:43 PM   #131
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Probably has a 10th grade education but thinks he knows everything.
Hold on to that thought, especially when they start the whole "Give 16 year olds the right to vote" argument when they are upset at the outcome of an election.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-18-2018, 12:54 PM   #132
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
If you read enough about it you will find varying accounts regarding the loss of troops looking for the deserter.

Congratulations 🎉, you said something nice about our President.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-18-2018, 01:07 PM   #133
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
As I said, I also think Bill Clinton was disgusting, who nonetheless did some good things with policy. So is there a derogatory name you assign to people who judge democratic presidents by the job they do rather than their personal behavior? Or is it acceptable to give democrats that benefit, and only a problem when we apply it to Republicans?
Unfortunately it has nothing to do with democrats, but everything to do with what I believe we will learn in the coming months about Trump.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-18-2018, 01:12 PM   #134
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pretty sure you don't understand the term snowflake. When your side hasn't gotten their way, they formed Occupy Wall Street, Antifa, and Black Lives Matter. What's the republican equivalent of this? The Tea Party?
Jim, those are all far from mainstream groups that the right has tried to stain anyone in the center or center left with.
You need look no further than the White House at Stephen Miller for a far to the right of center powerful republican operative.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-18-2018, 01:15 PM   #135
Jim in CT

Quote:
Unfortunately it having consistent standards has nothing to do with democrats, but everything to do with what I believe we will learn in the coming months about Trump.
Fixed it for you.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:17 PM   #136
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim, those are all far from mainstream groups that the right has tried to stain anyone in the center or center left with.
You need look no further than the White House at Stephen Miller for a far to the right of center powerful republican operative.
"are all far from mainstream groups"

I wouldn't call them mainstream either, but not a million miles from mainstream, and almost no one on the left holds these people accountable for their actions. Because winning is what matters, not how you win.

"You need look no further than the White House at Stephen Miller for a far to the right of center powerful republican operative"

You say so. How powerful is he? I've never heard of him...
Old 12-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #137
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"are all far from mainstream groups"

I wouldn't call them mainstream either, but not a million miles from mainstream, and almost no one on the left holds these people accountable for their actions. Because winning is what matters, not how you win.

"You need look no further than the White House at Stephen Miller for a far to the right of center powerful republican operative"

You say so. How powerful is he? I've never heard of him...
Seriously?
Let me introduce Stephen Miller
Incidentally, if you suffer from hair loss, this is what not to do.
https://youtu.be/aLnHYFTad8I

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-18-2018, 01:38 PM   #138
detbuch

Quote:
We traded our combatant for their combatants. That’s what happen in combat .. the goal is to kill the enemy

That seems contradictory. If the goal is to kill the enemy, why do we trade with them? Is it a trade war, or a killing war? And who's goal of killing are we enhancing when we trade 5 of their killers who will return to the field of battle for one who is not willing to kill the enemy and has deserted our field of battle?

You call them murders what do you think we are to them?
We are murderers as well. And I presume that engaging in a war with an enemy, our intention is to murder more of them then they kill of us. To enhance the enemy's ability to kill us, and not even get reciprocity in return, is an idiotic way to prosecute a war.

And the notion that the Bergdahl trade would enhance the chance that we could come to some peace agreement was an ignorant idea given the nature of the enemy. Going against the policy of not negotiating with terrorists, there was such a ridiculous rationale in the Obama administration, and its stupidity was demonstrated by the results.

As pointed out by the Daily Caller at the time"

"In direct contradiction to Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel’s statement that the negotiations leading to Bergdahl’s release “will [maybe] be a new opening that can produce an agreement,” Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said that “It won’t help the peace process in any way, because we don’t believe in the peace process.”
While the exchange has been hailed by the administration as an important diplomatic step, with one senior administration official saying “U.S. efforts to facilitate reconciliation with the Taliban began in November 2010, and since May 2011 the recovery of Sgt. Bergdahl has been a central element of our reconciliation efforts,” Taliban representatives have been less irenic, The Long War Journal reports.
Emir Mullah Mohammed Omar called the return of the detainees a “great victory” and a “huge and vivid triumph,” bringing “the glad tidings of liberation of the whole country [that] reassures us that our aspirations are on the verge of fulfillment.” He also thanked “the detainers and keepers of the American prisoner ‘Bergdahl'” for their “significant role in this colossal victory.”

Last edited by detbuch; 12-18-2018 at 01:47 PM..
Old 12-18-2018, 01:42 PM   #139
detbuch

Quote:
Detbuch is correct
If you intended it to be sarcastic and belittling, time will not change your intention.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:50 PM   #140
Jim in CT

Quote:
Seriously?
Let me introduce Stephen Miller
Incidentally, if you suffer from hair loss, this is what not to do.
https://youtu.be/aLnHYFTad8I
So when a right-wing person advocates for the possibility of a shutdown, he's a right wing nut?

How about the shutdown of 2013, which right-wing nutjob caused that?
Old 12-18-2018, 02:51 PM   #141
wdmso

Quote:
We are murderers as well. And I presume that engaging in a war with an enemy, our intention is to murder more of them then they kill of us. To enhance the enemy's ability to kill us, and not even get reciprocity in return, is an idiotic way to prosecute a war.

And the notion that the Bergdahl trade would enhance the chance that we could come to some peace agreement was an ignorant idea given the nature of the enemy. Going against the policy of not negotiating with terrorists, there was such a ridiculous rationale in the Obama administration, and its stupidity was demonstrated by the results.

As pointed out by the Daily Caller at the time"

"In direct contradiction to Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel’s statement that the negotiations leading to Bergdahl’s release “will [maybe] be a new opening that can produce an agreement,” Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said that “It won’t help the peace process in any way, because we don’t believe in the peace process.”
While the exchange has been hailed by the administration as an important diplomatic step, with one senior administration official saying “U.S. efforts to facilitate reconciliation with the Taliban began in November 2010, and since May 2011 the recovery of Sgt. Bergdahl has been a central element of our reconciliation efforts,” Taliban representatives have been less irenic, The Long War Journal reports.
Emir Mullah Mohammed Omar called the return of the detainees a “great victory” and a “huge and vivid triumph,” bringing “the glad tidings of liberation of the whole country [that] reassures us that our aspirations are on the verge of fulfillment.” He also thanked “the detainers and keepers of the American prisoner ‘Bergdahl'” for their “significant role in this colossal victory.”
White House Orders Direct Taliban Talks to Jump-Start Afghan Negotiations
Old 12-18-2018, 02:51 PM   #142
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
So when a right-wing person advocates for the possibility of a shutdown, he's a right wing nut?

How about the shutdown of 2013, which right-wing nutjob caused that?
Your name not mine, he and Bannon definitely authored the most extreme parts of Trumps agenda.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-18-2018, 02:54 PM   #143
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
If you intended it to be sarcastic and belittling, time will not change your intention.
Time will tell how Trump and Trumplicans are viewed by history, I believe he has run one of the great cons of all time. Your opinion differs.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-18-2018, 03:12 PM   #144
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Time will tell how Trump and Trumplicans are viewed by history, I believe he has run one of the great cons of all time. Your opinion differs.
Time will tell,neither opinion is wrong.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-18-2018, 03:19 PM   #145
PaulS

Quote:
I guess I have to ask some aspect of this weekly.

Pls. show me some proof that "our side" - I guess you mean the Dems. "formed" Antifa.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:58 PM   #146
detbuch

Quote:
White House Orders Direct Taliban Talks to Jump-Start Afghan Negotiations
This has nothing to do with the Bergdahl deal. What's your point?
Old 12-18-2018, 03:59 PM   #147
detbuch

Quote:
The con being . . .
Old 12-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #148
detbuch

Quote:
Your name not mine, he and Bannon definitely authored the most extreme parts of Trumps agenda.
What parts were "extreme"?
Old 12-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #149
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
If you read enough about it you will find varying accounts regarding the loss of troops looking for the deserter.

Congratulations ��, you said something nice about our President.
you are correct if you read enough theses varying accounts they are what we call alternative facts ..

I will stick with what the Command sergeant major said in the Stars and stripes article
Old 12-18-2018, 04:07 PM   #150
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
The con being . . .
DON

Lets Go Darwin