Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 07-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #31
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
kettle cove

We have a Winner!

Kettle cove on Naushon I. (north side) If you ever visited the place you know how nice it is.
Just what you need salty...another PLUG!
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #32
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

French watering place.
Naushon I

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:50 PM   #33
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Damn.
when you didnt answer scott I thought I had it....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:29 PM   #34
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Jim I've explored and fished every inch of every one of them islands. I fished with Joe Leclair for a few seasons and learned flyfishing out there. I've caught many a bass in that spot.

NICE I got a SANDMAN
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:30 PM   #35
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

SWEEEEEEET you just made my day Jim First pic was probably the New Bedford ferry.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #36
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

That particular rock outcropping is a very convenient place for stripers to ball bait into in the spring. The fish are in very tight packs and they push the bait up in there on the incoming. It's very sporadic when you will find fish in there but it lights up with all the bait on sea liced bright chromers. Some of the best pics I have ever taken are fish from that exact spot. There's some nice holes off that beach too if you look around on your sounder.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #37
Flaptail

Talking

French Watering Place just west of Tarpaulin Cove.

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:30 PM   #38
fishbones

Congrats, Scott. I looked at some pics of Naushon and was pretty sure it looked like it. But being as stupid as I am, mixed up north and south.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:46 PM   #39
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

FB There are very distinct changes in the topography of the north vs the south side. I had figured north side of the vineyard at first figuring that Jim was close to home. If it wasnt there then where he was would have been one of the only other places like that. Also the topography of the beach too. There are changes in where the rocks are on the beaches. Because of the prevailing sw wind with the tide and swell if you look at a south beach vs a north beach area you'll see what I mean.

The first picture he showed was a sandy beach. There aren't too many sandy beaches on the south side of the islands it's more cobblestrewn rock.
The second was a sand to pebble to cobble in deeper water with a small rocky outcropping. Few places you'd find this on the southside-it would be larger 1-3' typical rocks closer to the beach with some areas having large boudlers like around Frenchmans etc-not sand.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:16 PM   #40
Joe

The sand was too fine for the west side of Block...

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:45 PM   #41
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Thanks Joe
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #42
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
FB There are very distinct changes in the topography of the north vs the south side. I had figured north side of the vineyard at first figuring that Jim was close to home. If it wasnt there then where he was would have been one of the only other places like that. Also the topography of the beach too. There are changes in where the rocks are on the beaches. Because of the prevailing sw wind with the tide and swell if you look at a south beach vs a north beach area you'll see what I mean.

The first picture he showed was a sandy beach. There aren't too many sandy beaches on the south side of the islands it's more cobblestrewn rock.
The second was a sand to pebble to cobble in deeper water with a small rocky outcropping. Few places you'd find this on the southside-it would be larger 1-3' typical rocks closer to the beach with some areas having large boudlers like around Frenchmans etc-not sand.
Yeah, I just mixed it up. When I was a kid, we used to fish up "inside" of Cutty and Naushon and do pretty well. We left out of Fairhaven and would be by ourselves on the north side when everyone else was playing musical boats on the south side, or as we called it "the outside". I haven't been out that way in probably 20 years and those pics make me miss it.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:51 AM   #43
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

ME TOO

I've really missed having the boat on the water this year. I'm seriously considering puttin it in for the fall run.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:06 AM   #44
Fish On

Send a message via Yahoo to Fish On
North side of Nashawena Island.
Fish On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:21 AM   #45
Goose

Yo Jim, does kettle cove have good size periwinkles? hate to spot burn good periwinkle spot ''' rolleyes'''
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote