Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #31
Redsoxticket

Tribute to John Boehner

Old 12-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Used to read your posts because some of them were filled with good information. Now, I just scroll right past them because each one is chock-full of pathetic, childish statements like above.
Oh no, you don't like what I post. Somehow, I'll trry to soldier on.

I remember during the Democratic presidential primary, Hilary lost one of the key early states (NH or Iowa?), and she cried like a baby to the camera. Not because of sentiment, but because we weren't giving her what she wanted. And NOT ONCE did I hear a liberal comment that maybe that outburst implied that she was unfit to lead.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
Death penalty and guns for everyone please .. You Ass u me. While on the subject of John Boehner,, geeez he moved to Washington 20 yrs. ago and his wife stayed in Ohio . What's up with that ???
I'm anti-death penalty, and I believe only law-abiding citizens should own guns.

You want to see hypocrisy? Liberals think that mass murderers have the right to live, but not unborn babies. You go ahead and try explaining that little nugget. How many botched shock treatment sessions does it take to support that agenda?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Oh no, you don't like what I post. Somehow, I'll trry to soldier on.

I remember during the Democratic presidential primary, Hilary lost one of the key early states (NH or Iowa?), and she cried like a baby to the camera. Not because of sentiment, but because we weren't giving her what she wanted. And NOT ONCE did I hear a liberal comment that maybe that outburst implied that she was unfit to lead.
remember the many phony faces and fashions(earth tones) of Al Gore and the lame stream media swooning when he demonstrated his "compassion" in the debates? I'm pretty sure he cried when he said he was going to end tobacco if it takes his last breath or something like that......oh... and when he sucked his wife's tongue on stage...nirvana!!! ... and the enhanced johnson photo on Rolling Stone..thrills ...and John F Kerry was "a man of the people when he asked "is this where I git me a huntin' license"...Obama was/is the biggest overblown phony of them all..the left is collectively suckers for lefty phonies....and quite vicious in their attack of genuine people that happen to hold ideaologies, particularly those rooted in traditional American values, that differ from their own...black conservatives are particularly detestable to the left...
Old 12-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #35
Redsoxticket

I shriek with embarassment watching him cry. It is not pleasent to watch what so ever regardless of his purpose for crying. His lips shake in every which direction while speak incomprehensibly.
I can except a sniffle and or a tear drop but it is out of control. Man up dude.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #36
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxticket View Post
I shriek with embarassment watching him cry.
get a grip ...
Old 12-15-2010, 08:07 PM   #37
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Quote:
I'm anti-death penalty, and I believe only law-abiding citizens should own guns.
uummm yea , The criminals have guns .. No death penalty ?? hmm Liberal !!!

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)
Old 12-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #38
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Honeslty JD, you dont agree with Jim's post? You dont see the hypocracy?
Don't know. After reading stupidity like "Here comes the mental disorder known as liberalism!" I moved on.

It's also a lot of the reason why I've stopped reading most of your posts because, regardless of the subject, you're incapable of not twisting the topic into some complaint about Obama. The same droning on every day, repeating yourself time and time again. We get the point, you don't like Obama.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:36 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:
Don't know. After reading stupidity like "Here comes the mental disorder known as liberalism!" I moved on.

It's also a lot of the reason why I've stopped reading most of your posts because, regardless of the subject, you're incapable of not twisting the topic into some complaint about Obama. The same droning on every day, repeating yourself time and time again. We get the point, you don't like Obama.
pretty soon JD will only be reading his own posts...then he'll be happy
Old 12-16-2010, 08:21 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:

Johnny D, instead of "moving on", or simply insulting me...how about doing something more meaningful, like telling me exactly where I'm wrong?

I think you have to have a screw loose to be a liberal, I really do. Here's why...

Liberals embrace high taxes and big federal government, even though that approach has been a colossal failure every time it's been tried. Given what's hapening in Europe as I type this, I've asked liberals to explain why that approach will work here, and no one will answer.

Liberals claim to be the party that cares about blacks. Yet when conservatives try to enact programs that provide jobs to blacks instead of welfare checks, we get called racist. Aren't blacks better off with jobs than with welfare checks? Liberals are also the ones who accused Clarence Thomas of sexual harassment, despite the fact that there was no evidence whatsoever.

Liberals think that serial killers deserve to live, but not unborn babies?

Liberals claim that conservatives are "anti-Mexican", because we simply want duly constituted laws to be enforced?

Liberals claim that they care more about disadvantaged folks than conservatives, yet every poll ever done on the subject shows that conservatives give more time and money to charity.

Liberals point to Obama's Harvard degree as proof that he's smart. Yet they call Bush an idiot, and Bush also has a degree from Harvard.

Liberals think that the solution to every societal problem is to throw money (preferably someone else's money) at it. That doesn't change problematic behavior.

Liberals attack Sarah Palin for every mistake she makes in front of the camera (and she makes plenty), yet they shrug off every gaffe made by Joe Biden, who has put his foot in his mouth enogh times to keep the writers at Saturday Night Live employed for a decade.

When conservatives say "social security is unsustainable in its current form, we have to raise taxes or cut benefits", liberals say we hate old people. Aren't we just admitting mathematical fact?

Liberals want to say "yes" to every demand made by any labor union. Conservatives feel ther eneed to be limits to the benefits those folks can receive.

Liberals claim to be the side that cares about women, yet look what they do to Palin.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:38 AM   #41
scottw

liberals think that the solution to bloated, wasteful and corrupt governement is to raise taxes (progressively)

I like the Palin contrast...take Hillary....Sarah has made her way on her own merits and was elected Governor of Alaska running against the party hierarchy, was recognized and brought on by McCain as a runningmate and is now enjoying the fruits of whatever she has sewn...she is now ridiculed for every sentence that she mutters by jealous losers with nothing better to do

Hillary spent her husband's political career handing bimbo eruptions so that he could make his way to the White House where she attempted to socialize our healthcare system and failed miserably, used 1000 FBI files as bathroom reading, was elected to a gimme Senate seat on little more than her celebrity and ran for president on same and now has compeletly screwed up her compromise position as Secretary of State......recieves little or no ridicule....in fact, many still talk about her for president

if Sarah is at all what her detractors rail about, they wouldn't or neednt' waste their time

interesting contrast

and of course, while the potential VP (Palin) is ridiculed for her every word...the ACTUAL VP...Biden skates on what are often daily insane and stupid statements....

Last edited by scottw; 12-16-2010 at 08:52 AM..
Old 12-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
and of course, while the potential VP (Palin) is ridiculed for her every word...the ACTUAL VP...Biden skates on what are often daily insane and stupid statements....
Exactly.

Liberals want all of us to be driving electric cars, but they are opposed to building new plants to generate that electricity. I guess we're all supposed to rub balloons on our heads to generate the electricity.

Liberals love Al Gore for telling us about global warming, yet his house had the 3rd highest utility bills in the state of Tennessee, and he flies on a private jet.

Liberals claim to be the sid eof open-mindedness and inclusion, yet on college campuses, liberal students repeatedly storm stages to keep conservatives from speaking. And no liberals condemn their actions...they are hailed as heroes.

Almost all the Democrats in the senate voted to invade Iraq, yet when things went wrong, they blamed it all on Bush. In their revisionist view of what happened, Bush single-handedly got us into that war, as if he is a king or dictator.

I used to think liberals meant well, but that they were just a bit misguided. I was wrong. They're willfully ignorant of historical fact, their agenda doesn't even come close to passing the common sense test, and they tend to be hypocritical, mean-spirited elitists. Finally, every single time you prove to them how stupid their agenda is, they call you a "racist".
Old 12-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #43
scottw

Jim is in quite a mood......you gettin' all of this JD?
Old 12-16-2010, 10:25 AM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim is in quite a mood......you gettin' all of this JD?
The "mood" I'm in is that I am a rational, middle-class, clear-thinking adult who is guided by common sense, compassion for those less fortunate than me, and good old fashioned Christian family values. I've also had a bellyfull of the hypocrisy and elitism of the majority on the left.

I'm tired of liberals saying that everything is my fault because I am a heterosexual, middle-class, white, male Catholic who loves the values this country was founded upon, and who believes those values are exactly what we need, and all that we need, to be the greatest society on the planet, and the best hope for those who want the brightest possible future for their kids.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:45 AM   #45
scottw

Quote:
The "mood" I'm in is that I am a rational, middle-class, clear-thinking adult who is guided by common sense, compassion for those less fortunate than me, and good old fashioned Christian family values. I've also had a bellyfull of the hypocrisy and elitism of the majority on the left.

I'm tired of liberals saying that everything is my fault because I am a heterosexual, middle-class, white, male Catholic who loves the values this country was founded upon, and who believes those values are exactly what we need, and all that we need, to be the greatest society on the planet, and the best hope for those who want the brightest possible future for their kids.
you are not an elightened, progressive critical thinker obviously...if you were, then you'd understand what needs to be done..

Last edited by scottw; 12-16-2010 at 10:23 PM..
Old 12-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
you are not an elightened, progressive critical thinker obviously...if you were, then you'd understand what needs to be done..

did you know that?.."The American revolution happened because the colonists were sick of being taxed so heavily@ 3 %"
I love how they call themselves "progressive", so I guess if you don't agree with them, you're some kind of an anachronism. I remember one of the Messiah's press conferences during the campaign, where he was explaining why he liked to describe himself as a progressive, not as a liberal. And who was standing next to him, arms around each other? Teddy Kennedy, the most ancient relic of them all!! Teddy Kennedy, a real glimpse into the future of political thinking.

Another hypocrisy...liberals like to claim to care about women, yet 2 of their heroes are Bill Clinton (who used a young woman's internal sexual organs as an ashtray for his cigar) and Teddy Kennedy. No hypocrisy there.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:11 PM   #47
Piscator

Quote:

Another hypocrisy...liberals like to claim to care about women, yet 2 of their heroes are Bill Clinton (who used a young woman's internal sexual organs as an ashtray for his cigar) and Teddy Kennedy. No hypocrisy there.
I always wondered if that was a Cuban cigar...... I mean, he was the Pres so he would have had access to them right…...

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 12-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #48
scottw

the reporters at the "President Clinton standing in for the partying Obama" (and Bubba didn't need the "idiot boards") press conference were breathless the other day, particularly the female reporters

the enlightened don't hold their gods to the same standards as mere mortal Americans...you can disgrace the Congress for years and still get a standing ovation at your sentencing hearing if you occupy the correct side of the aisle as proven by Rangel recently, the left engages in quite a bit of idolatry and that's something that never ends well...every dem. presidential nominee is buoyed by over the top gushing that pronounces them the best, smartest, etc... particularly when your idols are mere mortals and most often charlatans....idolatry goes nicely hand in hand with creating dependence though

Last edited by scottw; 12-16-2010 at 12:24 PM..
Old 12-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #49
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
well durr Johnny, this is a political forum and he is the president. I think I state a case and not just say I dont like him. Also think I provide a lot of non-obama comments. Alot. Never mentioned his name in this entire thread until I just responed to you

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 12-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #50
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

oh yeah, keep going Jim, Im with ya 100%

PS - Johnny D agrees with 95% of what you're saying but as Fishbones has correctly stated, Johnny is a republiphobe.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 12-19-2010, 07:21 AM   #51
spence

Quote:
Johnny D, instead of "moving on", or simply insulting me...how about doing something more meaningful, like telling me exactly where I'm wrong?

I think you have to have a screw loose to be a liberal, I really do. Here's why...

Liberals embrace high taxes and big federal government, even though that approach has been a colossal failure every time it's been tried. Given what's hapening in Europe as I type this, I've asked liberals to explain why that approach will work here, and no one will answer.

Liberals claim to be the party that cares about blacks. Yet when conservatives try to enact programs that provide jobs to blacks instead of welfare checks, we get called racist. Aren't blacks better off with jobs than with welfare checks? Liberals are also the ones who accused Clarence Thomas of sexual harassment, despite the fact that there was no evidence whatsoever.

Liberals think that serial killers deserve to live, but not unborn babies?

Liberals claim that conservatives are "anti-Mexican", because we simply want duly constituted laws to be enforced?

Liberals claim that they care more about disadvantaged folks than conservatives, yet every poll ever done on the subject shows that conservatives give more time and money to charity.

Liberals point to Obama's Harvard degree as proof that he's smart. Yet they call Bush an idiot, and Bush also has a degree from Harvard.

Liberals think that the solution to every societal problem is to throw money (preferably someone else's money) at it. That doesn't change problematic behavior.

Liberals attack Sarah Palin for every mistake she makes in front of the camera (and she makes plenty), yet they shrug off every gaffe made by Joe Biden, who has put his foot in his mouth enogh times to keep the writers at Saturday Night Live employed for a decade.

When conservatives say "social security is unsustainable in its current form, we have to raise taxes or cut benefits", liberals say we hate old people. Aren't we just admitting mathematical fact?

Liberals want to say "yes" to every demand made by any labor union. Conservatives feel ther eneed to be limits to the benefits those folks can receive.

Liberals claim to be the side that cares about women, yet look what they do to Palin.
Here's where you're wrong.

Everything you've posted is a "talking point" built from clumsily manipulative gross over-generalizations intended to rile those who base their identity primarily on division. In doing so, the quite obvious counter points are ignored so as to not let reality talk your hackles down.

Far from fundamental truths, this is the realm of the bomb throwing punditry who market this mindless stuff because they make huge piles of cash for themselves and their sponsors.

And you think this is about "mathematics"?

Here's your formula: TITLIATION - FREE THOUGHT = PROFIT

Sure, both sides do it (and as I've noted previously the Right has nearly perfected the process while the hard Left has barely earned it's GED) but like candy, butter or drugs...take it in moderation.

-spence
Old 12-19-2010, 07:45 AM   #52
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

republiphobe

that is the word of the day.