Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Liberalism - let all the criminals go, it's not their fault

This story reminds me of the Willie Horton saga, except it's worse in that a cop got killed by a guy parolled after being sentenced to THREE CONSECUTIVE life sentences...

Massachusetts Cop Was Killed by Career Criminal Out on Parole Despite Three Life Sentences - FoxNews.com

I don't have a degree in criminology from an Ivy League school. I guess I'm just not sophisticated enough to see how you let this guy out on the street.

That's liberalism for you, nobody is responsible for their actions, nothing is anybody's fault. I see the criminal got killed in the shootout, maybe the ACLU will file a wrongul death suit against the cops on behalf of his surviving family.

It's time to toss out all the extreme ideology and use some good old fashioned common sense. Except when you talk in common-sense terms, the liberals label you a simpleton...I bet a simpleton would have turned down this guy's parole application.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Really? Liberalism is to blame?

"No one testified against Cinelli."

Where were you?

How about instead of blaming people, ask why he was given life with possibility of parole?

Here's the parole board: http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopsterm...ers&csid=Eeops

I expect a full report from you after contacting each of them on how they came to their decision.

I doubt you want to read through who all is on the parole board so let me c/p for you to save the effort. Tell me who the liberals are?

Mark A. Conrad was appointed as Chairman of the Massachusetts Parole Board by Governor Deval Patrick in 2008. Prior to this appointment, Mark served as a Massachusetts Parole Board Member, and was a police officer for the Milton Police Department for almost two decades

Thomas Merigan was appointed to the Massachusetts Parole Board in 2004. Before becoming a Board Member, Mr. Merigan was a supervisor at the United States Probation Office where he worked for more than 20 years.

Candace Kochin was appointed to the Parole Board in 2004. Ms. Kochin worked for the Hampshire County Sheriff’s Office as the Director of Treatment and Assistant Deputy Superintendent. Throughout her career she has also worked as a Superior Court Probation Officer with Hampshire Superior Court Probation, a Victim/Witness Advocate with the Northwestern District Attorney, and an Administrative Assistant in the Northampton District Court.

Pamela Lombardini became a Parole Board member in January 2007. She was a United States Probation Officer for over fifteen years and worked as a probation officer in Essex County.

Leticia Muñoz was appointed to the Parole Board in 2008. She is a licensed clinical psychologist with extensive experience in community mental health settings. Prior to joining the Board, Dr. Muñoz was the Clinical Director at Brightside School Street Counseling Institute in Springfield, Massachusetts. She provided services to an urban low-income client population diagnosed with a broad range of psychiatric disorders.

Roger Michel was appointed to the Parole Board in 2009. He has been a lawyer in Massachusetts, specializing in criminal law, for more than two decades. Before joining the Board, Mr. Michel was Senior Staff Attorney at the Massachusetts Appeals Court, where he worked for seventeen years. Mr. Michel also served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Suffolk District and worked in private practice at Hill & Barlow.

Cesar Archilla was appointed to the Parole Board in 2009. Mr. Archilla has practiced as an attorney since 1999, working in both state and private practice. Attorney Archilla served for over six years in the Essex County District Attorney's Office, working as an Assistant District Attorney, a Supervising Assistant District Attorney in the Peabody District Court and as a Jury Session Supervising District Attorney in the Salem District court.

Huh, wow.
All seemed to have made a career prior to this of putting people IN JAIL?
All but one!

Must all be liberals.

Last edited by likwid; 12-29-2010 at 08:58 PM..

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 12-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

It's time to toss out all the extreme ideology and use some good old fashioned common sense. Except when you talk in common-sense terms, the liberals label you a simpleton...

So true, all these pseudo intellectual libertine thinkers think "they" have all the answers.

Cut off the East and left coast and get back to what common sense and
this country is about.

" Choose Life "
Old 12-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
So true, all these pseudo intellectual libertine thinkers think "they" have all the answers.

this country is about.
C'mon
Help us out here, point on the liberals in that list!

Why weren't you at the hearing?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 12-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #5
JohnnyD

Quote:
this country is about.
You cut of the East and West Coasts and I'd bet you cut out over half of the economic production in the country.

Cut off the two coasts and you're left with rednecks, inbreeds and polygamists... I guess that last one isn't terrible.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
You cut of the East and West Coasts and I'd bet you cut out over half of the economic production in the country.

Cut off the two coasts and you're left with rednecks, inbreeds and polygamists... I guess that last one isn't terrible.
You forgot the Amish.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 12-29-2010, 09:12 PM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Read his rap sheet, both in and out of jail.... There is no way in hell this guy should ever have been able to appear before a parole board, nevermind actually being granted parole.... I hope the parole hearing and decision is made public, and then they all getted canned...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Read his rap sheet, both in and out of jail.... There is no way in hell this guy should ever have been able to appear before a parole board, nevermind actually being granted parole.... I hope the parole hearing and decision is made public, and then they all getted canned...
I'd rather like to know how he managed 3 life sentences WITH parole.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 12-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:

Hey JD, ya forgot the Gun toting Bible thumpin Astro turfs as
Obama and Pelosi call them.

" Choose Life "
Old 12-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #10
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
C'mon
Help us out here, point on the liberals in that list!

Why weren't you at the hearing?
Sorry, not from Mass.

" Choose Life "
Old 12-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #11
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Liberal Mass judge(s)......

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:30 PM   #12
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
In 1976.

The whole lot of you is to blame.

Or were you busy being a non caucasian boat maintenance person?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 12-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #13
Nebe

Lol Ted
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #14
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
In 1976.

The whole lot of you is to blame.

Or were you busy being a non caucasian boat maintenance person?
Ummmm yeah, your timeline would be correct. But that would be "marine domestic."

Old 12-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #15
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
I got a few friends who live in Woburn and knew the cop.
Sad situation and I'm guessing the cop being 60 years old never wore a bullet proof vest as lots of older cops don't wear them.
Most likely would have saved his life !
This country/world is #^&#^&#^&#^&ed !
It's like we are living in the wild west with armed store,bank robberies ect.... on what seems like a daily basis.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 12-29-2010, 11:32 PM   #16
JohnnyD

Quote:
Hey JD, ya forgot the Gun toting Bible thumpin Astro turfs as
Obama and Pelosi call them.
No I didn't...

Quote:

Old 12-30-2010, 05:51 AM   #17
scottw

maybe Obama should give the parole board a call and thank them for giving him a second chance...

at least you Mass taxpayers haven't had to pay for a sex change operation for this victim of the human condition.......yet....

the article says that he "impressed" the parole board....no word yet if they are still "impressed"?

Last edited by scottw; 12-30-2010 at 06:48 AM..
Old 12-30-2010, 07:36 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Really? Liberalism is to blame?

"No one testified against Cinelli."

Where were you?

How about instead of blaming people, ask why he was given life with possibility of parole?

Here's the parole board: Parole Board Members

I expect a full report from you after contacting each of them on how they came to their decision.

I doubt you want to read through who all is on the parole board so let me c/p for you to save the effort. Tell me who the liberals are?

Mark A. Conrad was appointed as Chairman of the Massachusetts Parole Board by Governor Deval Patrick in 2008. Prior to this appointment, Mark served as a Massachusetts Parole Board Member, and was a police officer for the Milton Police Department for almost two decades

Thomas Merigan was appointed to the Massachusetts Parole Board in 2004. Before becoming a Board Member, Mr. Merigan was a supervisor at the United States Probation Office where he worked for more than 20 years.

Candace Kochin was appointed to the Parole Board in 2004. Ms. Kochin worked for the Hampshire County Sheriff’s Office as the Director of Treatment and Assistant Deputy Superintendent. Throughout her career she has also worked as a Superior Court Probation Officer with Hampshire Superior Court Probation, a Victim/Witness Advocate with the Northwestern District Attorney, and an Administrative Assistant in the Northampton District Court.

Pamela Lombardini became a Parole Board member in January 2007. She was a United States Probation Officer for over fifteen years and worked as a probation officer in Essex County.

Leticia Muñoz was appointed to the Parole Board in 2008. She is a licensed clinical psychologist with extensive experience in community mental health settings. Prior to joining the Board, Dr. Muñoz was the Clinical Director at Brightside School Street Counseling Institute in Springfield, Massachusetts. She provided services to an urban low-income client population diagnosed with a broad range of psychiatric disorders.

Roger Michel was appointed to the Parole Board in 2009. He has been a lawyer in Massachusetts, specializing in criminal law, for more than two decades. Before joining the Board, Mr. Michel was Senior Staff Attorney at the Massachusetts Appeals Court, where he worked for seventeen years. Mr. Michel also served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Suffolk District and worked in private practice at Hill & Barlow.

Cesar Archilla was appointed to the Parole Board in 2009. Mr. Archilla has practiced as an attorney since 1999, working in both state and private practice. Attorney Archilla served for over six years in the Essex County District Attorney's Office, working as an Assistant District Attorney, a Supervising Assistant District Attorney in the Peabody District Court and as a Jury Session Supervising District Attorney in the Salem District court.

Huh, wow.
All seemed to have made a career prior to this of putting people IN JAIL?
All but one!

Must all be liberals.
Likwid, pointing out people's careers tells me NOTHING about their political beliefs, unless they worked for the ACLU or the NRA.

Likwid, do you really feel that there is no difference between the liberal view toward crime and the conservative view?
Old 12-30-2010, 07:46 AM   #19
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Likwid, pointing out people's careers tells me NOTHING about their political beliefs, unless they worked for the ACLU or the NRA.

Likwid, do you really feel that there is no difference between the liberal view toward crime and the conservative view?
Note most of them are COPS.
COPS let him out.
Not liberals or conservatives.
COPS.

Your political polarizing of EVERYTHING is getting tired and pathetic.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 12-30-2010, 07:57 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:
COPS let him out.
COPS.

you didn't answer his question...

it was summed up nicely this way...

nightfighter Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid

three life sentences.... unanimously let out on parole by a board of libs appointed by libs...dead cop.....it would be a shame if this one unfortunate accident ruined the wonderful work that this board has done releasing so many other hardened criminals onto our streets .....I wonder if Deval sent him any money to use for his defense ?.....

now that death panels are back in Obamacare....will doctors be required to give "end of life counseling" to prisoners with life and/or death sentences( you know, so if they get sick we can save a bundle of money by not treating their illness and just giving them a little pill to send them on their way)...or is this counseling only reserved for non-criminals?

Last edited by scottw; 12-30-2010 at 08:05 AM..
Old 12-30-2010, 08:08 AM   #21
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

now that death panels are back in Obamacare....will doctors be required to give "end of life counseling" to prisoners with life and/or death sentences( you know, so if they get sick we can save a bundle of money by not treating their illness and just giving them a little pill to send them on their way)...or is this counseling only reserved for non-criminals?
Jesus, does everyone need a script for adderall before coming in here?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 12-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #22
scottw

solution:

Obama should call a press conference and state that the dead police officer acted "stupidly" and then invite the parole board, the family of the real victim(the paroled triple life sentence criminal), and Coupe DeVall to the White House for a beer....

Last edited by scottw; 12-30-2010 at 08:56 AM..
Old 12-30-2010, 08:53 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
COPS let him out.
COPS.

Likwid, I read your post again, and it looks to me like one out of the seven was a cop. Does 1 constitute "most" of 7 to you?

I don't care if they were all former cops. I know plenty of cops who are liberals. Occupation is irrelevent. What's pertinent to this situation is the generalization (we can debate whether or not it's accurate) that liberals are more inclined to give these repeat offenders a second chance because they are not responsible for their actions.

One of the pillars of liberalism is that people who make mistakes (as long as they are anointed with "victim" status) should not be held accountable for their actions.

You had unprotected sex? Don't worry, just get an abortion.

You chose not to do any homwework in high school? Don't worry, those that work will provide you with welfare.

Can't find a job in 99 weeks? Don't worry, those that are killing themselves to stay employed will give you more of their money.

You bought a $700,000 house even though you make $40,000 a year? Don't worry, we'll tell the bank to lower the amount of your mortgage and your interest rate so that you can afford it. Meanwhile, those playing by the rules still struggle.

You don't want to work hard? Don't worry, elect liberals, and we'll give you a public sector union job with lifetime job protection and insane benefits.

You shot somebody while committing a crime? Well, as long as you claim that mommy was hard on you, it's not your fault, so we'll give you another chance.

What's tired and pathetic is your attempt at spin.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #24
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Likwid, I read your post again, and it looks to me like one out of the seven was a cop. Does 1 constitute "most" of 7 to you?

I don't care if they were all former cops. I know plenty of cops who are liberals. Occupation is irrelevent. What's pertinent to this situation is the generalization (we can debate whether or not it's accurate) that liberals are more inclined to give these repeat offenders a second chance because they are not responsible for their actions.
Their previous occupation has EVERYTHING to do with their current job no matter HOW much you want to scream and cry it doesn't and want to spin it pissing and moaning that its all the "liberal's" fault.

They are a group of people who should have known better, but let him out anyhow. Why? No clue, can't see the minutes of the parole hearing and what WAS published is nothing but hearsay and speculation.

Quote:
One of the pillars of liberalism is that people who make mistakes (as long as they are anointed with "victim" status) should not be held accountable for their actions.

You had unprotected sex? Don't worry, just get an abortion.

You chose not to do any homwework in high school? Don't worry, those that work will provide you with welfare.

Can't find a job in 99 weeks? Don't worry, those that are killing themselves to stay employed will give you more of their money.

You bought a $700,000 house even though you make $40,000 a year? Don't worry, we'll tell the bank to lower the amount of your mortgage and your interest rate so that you can afford it. Meanwhile, those playing by the rules still struggle.

You don't want to work hard? Don't worry, elect liberals, and we'll give you a public sector union job with lifetime job protection and insane benefits.

You shot somebody while committing a crime? Well, as long as you claim that mommy was hard on you, it's not your fault, so we'll give you another chance.
More adderall.

Quote:
What's tired and pathetic is your attempt at spin.
Spin? Unlike you, I hold people accountable, not "ideals".

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 12-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Their previous occupation has EVERYTHING to do with their current job no matter HOW much you want to scream and cry it doesn't and want to spin it pissing and moaning that its all the "liberal's" fault.

They are a group of people who should have known better, but let him out anyhow. Why? No clue, can't see the minutes of the parole hearing and what WAS published is nothing but hearsay and speculation.

More adderall.

Spin? Unlike you, I hold people accountable, not "ideals".
Likwid, you claimed that ONE is most of SEVEN, and when I called you on that, you dodged.

Why does previous occupation have everything to do with it? I saw one cop, a bunch of probation officers (and probation officers know that the more criminals that are out on probation, the more job security they have), 2 district attorneys, and a criminologist. So what?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:

More adderall.

OK, so after my list of ridiculous liberal positions, you threw out an insult instead of a response. That tells me, and everyone else here, that you know those positions (which are irrefutably part of the liberal agenda) are indefensible. So instead of debating me, you threw out a cheap insult.

I'll give you points for originality, at least you didn't call me a racist. That's what most of your liberal bretheren do when they want to end the conversation because they know they've lost the debate.

Instead of insulting me, how about telling me why either (1) those positions I listed are NOT part of the liberal ideology, or (2) if they are part of the liberal ideology, why are they good ideas?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:34 AM   #27
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Likwid, you claimed that ONE is most of SEVEN, and when I called you on that, you dodged.

Why does previous occupation have everything to do with it? I saw one cop, a bunch of probation officers (and probation officers know that the more criminals that are out on probation, the more job security they have), 2 district attorneys, and a criminologist. So what?
Their previous roles give them a much better view of criminals and the system than you or anyone else. They should be able to make educated decisions in a parole hearing better than damn near anyone else and not let emotions (stop sniffling and crying) get in the way.

Quote:
OK, so after my list of ridiculous liberal positions, you threw out an insult instead of a response.
Take some adderall, then we will discuss the primary topic at hand, I'm pretty sure you've whined about all those other things in pretty much every thread.

Seriously.

Adderall.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 12-30-2010, 10:02 AM   #28
scottw

Quote:

They are a group of people who should have known better, but let him out anyhow. Why?

liberals

shouldn't you have to complete at least one of your multiple life sentences before you get to have a parole hearing?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Their previous roles give them a much better view of criminals and the system than you or anyone else. They should be able to make educated decisions in a parole hearing better than damn near anyone else and not let emotions (stop sniffling and crying) get in the way.

Great, I'm sure that the previous work experience of the parole board will be of significant comfort to the family of the slain police officer.

Obviously, deciding who gets paroled and who doesn't is an inexact science, and unfortunately, mistakes will be made. As a society, I think (just my opinion) we should decide that if a mistake will be made, it's better to err on the side of public safety and keep these guys locked up.

Here in CT, we are in the middle of a home invasion trial for one of the most horrific crimes in the history of the country, a mother and 2 daughters were raped and burned to death by 2 career criminals who were out on parole. In my opinion likwid, the conservative view on crime is tougher on criminals than the liberal view, and I think it's time we lean more in the conservative direction on this issue.

However, even conservatives will let some criminals out on parole, and some of those guys will go on to hurt other people. I'm not saying conservatives would be flawless in this process. I'm saying the conservative approach would result in fewer innocent people being hurt.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #30
scottw

someone is unusually obsessed with adderall must be jonesin'