Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Meet & Greet Forum

Meet & Greet Forum S-B is an online Community dedicated to angling for Striped Bass. Come in, say hello and tell us a little bit about you. Thanks! Team Striped-Bass.com

Old 02-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
tautog2k

My intro

Hello to everyone I guess its time to introduce myself.

First off I see someone has the name tautog that happens a lot. I prefer being called "tog" (if not used by the first tautog) or Mark either one is fine.

I started fishing when I was around 8 years old in the neighborhood of Canarsie in Brooklyn. We used to take our cane poles and hooks to a spot where our parents banned us obviously we didn't listen. But I was hooked for life especially since we were walking distance to a pier or another hot spot.

Up until the last few years I was an avid surf fisherman along the jersey coast where I live now. It's a short walk to Raritan Bay where the stripers should be arriving in less than a month for sure. During Sandy every town around me flooded except mine. I felt kind of bad because I was posting on Facebook to my friends that it (I stayed home during the storm) wasn't so bad a strong noreaster probably created more damage.

I try to be totally honest and the reason I joined the forum is because my back is pretty bad and my fishing career is over. There is limited feeling in my right hand which is kind of wierd because I'm left handed and became a righty for fishing purposes. Back in the 60's it wasn't that easy to find left handed reels especially in certain models.

I don't want to break any rules or regulations about putting stuff up for sale even though that is my intent to eventually do that. There are lots of old plugs in my arsenal so when the administrator decides I've been around enough to qualify There will be some listings.

If you have any questions about computers there is a decent chance I can help. My first one was in 1980 the modem had suction cups back then. So if you have a problem I'll give it my best shot at figuring it out.

tight lines,
tog (if the name can be used)
tautog2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
massbasshunter

Hello and welcome.
massbasshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
Raven

hello TOG and welcome

I had that same condition for a time

where my right arm would go NUMB
everytime i lifted my rod above a certain height

then you loose feeling and it makes feeling a bite
very difficult to say the least

i had some pinched nerves in my shoulder
and instead of creating sciatica like pain it caused
numbness and it has all VANISHED

i did alternate windmill rotations with my arms
to achieve this... similar to a Kung fu style of fighting
so don't give up ...my carpal tunnel also vanished
all without surgery...
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
seabuggy

Hello and welcome aboard. I may become your BFF. My computer problems are legendary.
seabuggy is offline   Reply With Quote