Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-17-2016, 03:57 PM   #31
scottw

"Just 5.7 percent of the Clinton Foundation’s massive 2014 budget actually went to charitable grants, according to the tax-exempt organization’s IRS filings. The rest went to salaries and employee benefits, fundraising and “other expenses"(hookers).”
Old 09-17-2016, 04:13 PM   #32
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"Just 5.7 percent of the Clinton Foundation’s massive 2014 budget actually went to charitable grants, according to the tax-exempt organization’s IRS filings. The rest went to salaries and employee benefits, fundraising and “other expenses"(hookers).”
If you'd lift a finger you'd know why this is a really ignorant and stupid thing to post. Or you're just spreading misinformation for fun.
Old 09-17-2016, 04:23 PM   #33
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
If you'd lift a finger you'd know why this is a really ignorant and stupid thing to post. Or you're just spreading misinformation for fun.
name calling power tool....

not surprising when Hillary needs a private jet to travel 20 miles probably yapping about global warming and unequal income distribution the whole way

Despite taking in an additional $30 million in 2014, the Clinton Foundation spent 40 percent less on charitable grants in 2014 than in 2013. Even as it slashed charitable spending, the foundation increased the amount spent on salaries, employee benefits and compensation by $5 million in 2014. The foundation also spent $5 million more “other expenses” in 2014.

Last edited by scottw; 09-17-2016 at 04:51 PM..
Old 09-17-2016, 04:41 PM   #34
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
It's mind boggling that some people think an erratic, habitually dishonest, bigoted and conspiracy driven scam artist is going to nominate Justices who fit any certain profile.
He came out with a list of people who he would pick from....Has Hillary come out with a list or should I assume it is one of many who cover her arse.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-17-2016, 04:48 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
It's mind boggling that some people think an erratic, habitually dishonest, bigoted and conspiracy driven scam artist is going to nominate Justices who fit any certain profile.
What's mind-boggling, is that you only see one candidate who has issues with the truth.
Old 09-17-2016, 04:55 PM   #36
scottw

he's bitterly clinging to her
Old 09-17-2016, 05:08 PM   #37
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
name calling power tool....

not surprising when Hillary needs a private jet to travel 20 miles probably yapping about global warming and unequal income distribution the whole way

Despite taking in an additional $30 million in 2014, the Clinton Foundation spent 40 percent less on charitable grants in 2014 than in 2013. Even as it slashed charitable spending, the foundation increased the amount spent on salaries, employee benefits and compensation by $5 million in 2014. The foundation also spent $5 million more “other expenses” in 2014.
Are you working under the assumption that two wrongs make a right?
Old 09-17-2016, 05:11 PM   #38
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
What's mind-boggling, is that you only see one candidate who has issues with the truth.
Trump either outright lies or just makes stuff up pretty much every time he opens his mouth. He does it as strategy to distract, confuse and toy with the media. It's embarrassing. That people lap it up is disturbing.

There's no way to compare the two.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:12 PM   #39
scottw

Quote:
Are you working under the assumption that two wrongs make a right?
that describes your average Clinton clinger
Old 09-17-2016, 05:16 PM   #40
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Her position (being against SOME guns) has been tried. It didn't work. Right? Didn't we have an assault weapons ban that was allowed to expire?
Emphasis added.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:23 PM   #41
scottw

between Obama funding terrorism and the Clinton's fleecing the poorest among us...I'm really starting to be concerned about the direction of the democrat party
Old 09-17-2016, 05:24 PM   #42
scottw

Quote:
Trump either outright lies or just makes stuff up pretty much every time he opens his mouth. He does it as strategy to distract, confuse and toy with the media. It's embarrassing. That people lap it up is disturbing.

you've never listened to a Clinton speech??
Old 09-17-2016, 05:25 PM   #43
scottw

Quote:
T

Trump is more likable.....and has better hair...and dresses better...and has a better looking spouse and daughter(sorry Paul)...and I don't think his spouse is a sexual predator....etc...

Last edited by scottw; 09-17-2016 at 06:16 PM..
Old 09-17-2016, 05:51 PM   #44
Nebe

What part of the 2nd amendment is so hard to understand ? " The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed "

So spence, you support infringing on those rights?
Old 09-17-2016, 06:54 PM   #45
detbuch

Quote:
Trump either outright lies or just makes stuff up

He does what you do. And what Hillary does. And what Obama does. Except Trump is more original.

He creates new "memes." You other guys just keep repeating the same old ones over and over--"racist, homophobe, Islamophobe, sexist, misogynists, haters, hate-magnets," and on and on. Hillary just did it with her basket of memes which were supposed to describe her newer meme, the "deplorables". Yeah, she kind of did create a new one.

If you want to call them outright lies, Trump doesn't own memetic aspersions exclusively. The fact that you're suckered into believing your political paramour's memes says more about you than what you try to say about Trump.

pretty much every time he opens his mouth.

"pretty much every time he opens his mouth" is a sort of meme. Shame on you resorting to such tactics.

He does it as strategy to distract, confuse and toy with the media. It's embarrassing. That people lap it up is disturbing.

And Hillary doesn't??? Maannn . . . your are deep in the tank. Come up for some fresh air. Notice, I used some memes.

That entire sentence is a an old and successful meme. As far as it being true, that's a far different matter. Between the two, there are comparisons and differences. So, WTF are you talking about?

Last edited by detbuch; 09-17-2016 at 07:20 PM..
Old 09-17-2016, 07:22 PM   #46
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
That entire sentence is a an old and successful meme. As far as it being true, that's a far different matter. Between the two, there are comparisons and differences. So, WTF are you talking about?
He does what I do? That's insulting.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:24 PM   #47
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
What part of the 2nd amendment is so hard to understand ? " The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed "

You didn't define arms.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:37 PM   #48
detbuch

Quote:
He does what I do? That's insulting.
Comparing you to Trump might be insulting to Trump. Nonetheless, there is a comparison when it comes to hurling insults.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #49
spence

Quote:
Comparing you to Trump might be insulting to Trump. Nonetheless, there is a comparison when it comes to hurling insults.
That's intellectually dishonest and you know better. I guess in the alt right world this is all justified. Conservatism is dead.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:42 PM   #50
detbuch

Quote:
You didn't define arms.
Neither does the Constitution. If the Framers had intended to specify only specific weapons, they would have done so. Obviously, they meant "arms" in the general meaning of military or other weapons.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:48 PM   #51
spence

Quote:
Neither does the Constitution. If the Framers had intended to specify only specific weapons, they would have done so. Obviously, they meant "arms" in the general meaning of military or other weapons.
So I guess nukes are in scope then. Those are pretty general in the meaning of military or other weapons.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:16 PM   #52
detbuch

Quote:
That's intellectually dishonest and you know better. I guess in the alt right world this is all justified. Conservatism is dead.
I stated what I consider to be true. Trump is far more accomplished than you are. At least as far as I know. And just because you think that the characterizations with which you freely and continuously define those with whom you politically disagree are not insulting doesn't mean that they aren't. And, certainly, your saying them does not make them true.

And if conservatism is dead, it is because conservatives abandoned it. They may have killed it more surely than any insults you or your Progressive idol's could ever have done. Or, perhaps I should be more generous and say that "conservatives" have stopped fully and forcefully being conservative. And they have become fearful of the phony insults and "memes" cast their way by Mainstream Media and by fellow travelers like you.

And maybe they have stopped being conservative because the word doesn't explain what they are supposed to be conservative about. The Alt Right is not afraid. It might seem over the top to you, but it is a more effective antidote to authoritarianism than is the meager, mealy-mouthed, fearful accommodation that establishment Republicans give to the left's encroachment on our liberties. The Alt Right, in its cultural libertarianism, is far more faithful to our Constitution's principals than many of those that are referred to as "conservative."

Some on this forum think you're just trolling when you say outrageous stuff. I think you are sincere. I think you actually believe what you say. I don't think you have the slightest notion of how outrageous you often are. And you certainly are blind to how similar your outrageousness is to Trump's, or the Alt Right's.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:35 PM   #53
detbuch

Quote:
So I guess nukes are in scope then. Those are pretty general in the meaning of military or other weapons.
So I guess you're an extremist in spite of your pretension that you aren't. Who is it that can afford to buy an arsenal of nukes? And where do they buy them? At your local gun shop or at Walmart? Can they even find a legitimate nuke manufacturer that would fill their order?

I suppose if Trump or Soros could afford diminishing their fortunes merely to buy a bunch of nukes, and found a legitimate manufacturer who would sell them, they would have a right to do so. On the other hand, there seem to be worldwide treaties banning the ownership of nukes by those who don't already have them. And it seems that the vast majority of people support that. And I suppose that if a majority of American citizens by vote in three fourth of the States supported an amendment to the Constitution that limited or abolished the second amendment and the Supreme Court held that as constitutional, that would be the end of it.

And why do you not believe that is the Progressive end game?

Last edited by detbuch; 09-17-2016 at 08:46 PM..
Old 09-17-2016, 08:51 PM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:

Trump is more juvenile.

Her deplorables comment was at least as offensive, and inappropriate, as anything he has said. The impact on the polling since she said it, would seem to indicate I am right.

Spence, you are literally the only person I know, besides her, who doesn't think she lied about the sniper thing. Your radar is off.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:53 PM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:

Of course he does. That's what liberalism is. He also supports infringing upon the right to freedom of religion. That's just as explicit in the Constitution as the right to keep and bear arms.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:58 PM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
"Conservatism is dead"

THAT'S not intellectually dishonest?

As I type this, the Republicans control both houses of the US Congress, they hold a big majority of governorships and state legislatures, and the biggest horse's ass we could ever nominate, is neck and neck with the head of the largest liberal political machine on the planet?

That's "dead" to you?

Put down the Kool Aid and calm down.

The left wing doesn't have a problem with nuts? Harry Reid, when he was the majority leader in the Senate, lied, and said that Mitt Romney didn't pay any taxes. When he was proven wrong, a reporter asked Reid if he admitted lying. Reid said no, because Romney lost?

That was the majority leader in the US Senate. You support that tactic?
Old 09-18-2016, 08:05 AM   #57
buckman

Quote:
I don't think Trumps wife tells him what to say
Old 09-18-2016, 08:56 AM   #58
spence

Quote:
And why do you not believe that is the Progressive end game?
Because it's not. The vast majority of Americans believe in legal, responsible gun ownership with some limitations...not repealing the Second Amendment. Only the *extreme* fringe left wishes to abolish.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:06 AM   #59
buckman

Quote:
Because it's not. The vast majority of Americans believe in legal, responsible gun ownership with some limitations...not repealing the Second Amendment. Only the *extreme* fringe left wishes to abolish.
The NRA is the enemy
Old 09-18-2016, 09:31 AM   #60
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Nebe - you really voting for Trump? Really? Truly? Were you drinking?

Quote:
You can boil this problem down to the fact that there are parents out there that expect teachers to be responsible for how their children preform at school. That work ethic is taught at home by 2 solid parents who love each other and their children. If you don't have a solid family you can't have solid kids. I'm all for a happy tranny population in Provincetown but not as parents.
Agree. Having seen many single parent kids (and having been one for a while), 2 healthy parent environment is worlds ahead of a broken family or worse. Though I don't know where to go on the tranny comment (I know some same sex couples that a great parents - the tranny thing might be a bridge too far - would need to see what the numbers and studies say - not the hugatherapy types)

Quote:
Clinton isn't against "guns," she's against "some guns" and a lot of very smart military people agree with her.

If that alone is a reason to support Trump we're farked.
And many do not.

Quote:

Hillary outright lies, makes stuff up, and has the media covering for her. Though she does not suffer to as high a degree of mental touretts that Trump does.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: