Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Meet & Greet Forum

Meet & Greet Forum S-B is an online Community dedicated to angling for Striped Bass. Come in, say hello and tell us a little bit about you. Thanks! Team Striped-Bass.com

Old 02-25-2010, 08:44 AM   #1
SP20000

Hello from France!

Hello!

I just registered on this very nice and helpful forum. No stripped bass in France (unfortunately...), but a fishing spirit that, I guess, we share with other anglers around the world!

I'm especially interested in the lures/rod building part of this forum and already found very helpful information : thank you to all the contributors!

Fishingly yours.

SP
SP20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
mekcotuit

Bonjour et bienvenue! You will really enjoy this board especially as things start to heat up in the next weeks as spring arrives.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau
mekcotuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
wader-dad

welcome to our fishing community. What kind of fish do you catch and where do you fish?
wader-dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:33 AM   #4
robc22
zziplex lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP20000 View Post
Hello!

I just registered on this very nice and helpful forum. No stripped bass in France (unfortunately...), but a fishing spirit that, I guess, we share with other anglers around the world!

I'm especially interested in the lures/rod building part of this forum and already found very helpful information : thank you to all the contributors!

Fishingly yours.

SP
some posts/info on the european bass would be nice.......for their size they are an awesome gamefish......very handsome fish too!!........ my English famille loves to fish for them!!......
robc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:45 AM   #5
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Welcome to S-B

You should check out our Plugfest threads, if you ever made one of those you would be the longest distance traveled

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:34 AM   #6
SP20000

Thank you

Thank you very much for your replies!

About bass fishing in France, I suppose that you mean sea-bass fishing, which is quite good in some parts of the country (Bretagne, Normandie, some parts of the Southern Coast...), even if we miss effective legislation/regulation and consequently have seen the quality of this fishing decrease for several years...

In fact, I'm not a very avid sea-angler, since I live in Paris, quite far away from the sea. I'm much more involved in freshwater fishing, especialy for predators like pike, walleyes, and of course largemouth bass when I can find a river/lake where there are some. And I would join you during your plugfest with pleasure : just let me know where the next one will be organized, what I have to bring and here I am!

Joking, but sincerely, I'm sure I would love it!

Best regards from France.

Stephane
SP20000 is offline   Reply With Quote