Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 07-01-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
Biteme

Is this the future?

I wish I had caught this kid, I wonder what his parents are thinking? http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pb...EWS11/80630013
Biteme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #2
Raven

Arrow i hope all his privaledges are gone

he just doesn't seem to realize that the 71 year old man had
once been his age.... and that he will become that age some day.

the only difference is... he (the old man)was taught
to respect his elders
or he was taken out back to the wood shed
and whipped on the ass with a stick in 1951.

maybe he has played way to many games of grand theft auto.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

I hope his parents straighten that kid out before he continues down the wrong road,,, That little #%#$ used his one call to brag to a friend about what he did,,,

I think parents should go back to the a$$ whipping days,,, Sometimes thats all that can change the mind of some kids,,,

Don't ask how I know that,,,,
GattaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:39 AM   #4
ronfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GattaFish View Post
I hope his parents straighten that kid out before he continues down the wrong road,,, That little #%#$ used his one call to brag to a friend about what he did,,,

I think parents should go back to the a$$ whipping days,,, Sometimes thats all that can change the mind of some kids,,,

With some kids that is where their brains are located. That kid should have to do his community service in one of the rehab centers so he will see what his "bravado" can cause. Of course this is after he is sexually sterilized 'cause we don't need any of these genes in the pool. Just my $.02 ronfish
ronfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GattaFish View Post

His parents made him what he is or allowed him to become what he is without interference from them. They should do time also.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:21 AM   #6
Backbeach Jake

The kid is sick and will need watching for the rest of his life. Another sociopath loosed on the world, great...

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:15 PM   #7
FishermanTim

What a jerk! If I had seen him do it, I'd make sure he went in after the elder man, only he might have gotten a little more "banged up" on the way down.

Make the parents pay for the victims medical expenses and replacing his glasses.
And since the smarta$$ed kid has WAY TOO MUCH time on his hands, he should spend the summer volunteeering at an elderly center.

Then he can brag all he wants about changing bedpans, adult diapers and having senior citizens be his every waking thought!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #8
Slipknot
Super Moderator

The judge should sentence that jerk kid to the Marines, maybe they can teach him a lesson. It may not be too late for him yet. But that is an awful thing for a kid to do, are these kids that bored they think of that kind of thing to do ? throw him off a cliff into the water and see how he likes it.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #9
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
That kid should be dropped from the Sagamore Bridge.....I just think THAT might be funny! Stupid little prick!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:50 PM   #10
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Just remember for every kid like that there a 10 good ones out there. Don't give up on the whole generation...I've seen some really good kids where their parents should be proud.

This kid ain't one of them though.....if he were mine (although mine wouldn't do something like that) I wouldn't even post the bail money...I'd let him sit and think about it for a good long while. he'll be OK and get 3 square while he ponders his actions.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:13 PM   #11
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
Make the parents pay for the victims medical expenses and replacing his glasses.
I'd give you pretty good odds that it's "parent", singular, and not "parents", plural.

The bail is just what a clerk-magistrate set overnight. He'll be in Falmouth Juvenile Court (not District Court as reported) tomorrow with at least a 50/50 chance of walking out after a "stern lecture" from the judge.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #12
MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
His parents made him what he is or allowed him to become what he is without interference from them. They should do time also.

I agree totally. Too many parents these days let their kids get away with whatever they like. Discipline is out the window. (1 set of parents allowing such behavior is too many) Now I do believe most parents do their best and it is usually more than enough. But that "1 bad apple spoils the bunch " analogy draws the most attention.

I witnessed my neighbors daughter threaten to "call the cops" if she was hit by her mother. Spankings and such were a part of 90% of the people on this board when they were little I'd bet. Now with the evolvance if Political Correctness over the last 6 or 8 years we, as a country, are now spineless.

If a teacher or an adult gave you a "swat" for doing something stupid you wouldn't dare run home and tell your parents. That would garner another "swat". Things sure have changed a lot in the last 35 or 40 years.

Sorry to get side tracked. I think the kid should have to a little time in DYS. Maybe that would straighten him out a little. 3 months in a locked facility can do wonders.
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:16 PM   #13
Biteme

My son is 13 and my daughter is 10. last year I bought him a go-cart. He hooked a yard tractor to the back and started a landscaping buisness. He loades up my mower, weed wacker, and leaf blower and drives to his accounts ( I live in a very quite neighborhood). My daughter made a web page and buisness cards for him, now he has several accounts and the phone rings daily. He even has a few of the neighbohood kids working for him. It's so important that the parents are involved. It's to bad that unless this kid straightens up he has nothing to look foward to.
Biteme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:57 PM   #14
BxBomber

Personally, I have to applaud the witnesses' restraint, because I would have handled it differently.
BxBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #15
Bass Babe
Registered LUser

Wow, that's gross. Seriously messed up kid. Do I have to be afraid of kids now? They're already yucky little germ factories, and I had that in check, but hand sanitizer won't keep you on dry land if they decide to get all crazy.

The worst day fishing is better than the best day working. ...Wait a minute, my work IS fishing. Sweet.
Bass Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #16
Joe

The old bastids ain't exactly clean either.
They did a study on how many old people on cruise ships wash their hands after going to the bathroom and heading over to buffet table....only 4 out of ten. That's why the Norwalk Virus spreads so quick on cruise ships: lots of poopy fingers on the salad tongs.

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #17
Adam_777

All goes back to my theory of de-evolution.Parents need to be able to put the fear in the kids or they will grow up like this one.Also........ If your old, Wash your hands after you do #2 and you won't get such a bad rep.
Adam_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:56 AM   #18
Backbeach Jake

Funny that handwashing after the restroom comes up. Ever notice how many people at work don't. Creeps me right out. Of course the boss not buying hand towels doesn't help. That blow dryer thing takes forever and it's always go-go-go.
sorry for the digression....

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote