Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
Fly Rod

Missouri

Breaking news at noon today shows the 18 year old not so innocent...store photo shows him robbing store of cigars and threatening the employee....he fit the discription of the person cops looking for...also the cop that shot him needed hospital medical attention

But, does it justifies the shooting of the young black kid?..I do not think so if he was standing away from the cop...and it does not justify the destruction of property, does not give the right to loot and burn.....they that did deserve to be prosecuted.

Y do we need several organizations to investigate and the DOJ trying to make this a racial thing....it has come political...and what help is Al Sharpton?...just another radical such as obama....the anointed one was wrong when he spoke about the cops in Cambridge and Florida.

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 08-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
buckman

There is $$$$ to be made off the racial divide . The media is also fueling the race riots and Obama fans the flames every chance he gets . I have decided he is psychotic . Just a very evil, uncaring pathological lier.all of a sudden he wants transparency! Lmao The poor kid isn't so innocent ...what a shocker.If Obama had a son..... Exactly like him!!!
These hoodlums that are looting should be shot too .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-16-2014, 07:42 AM   #3
Fishpart
Keep The Change

The boy being shot and his involvement in a robbery are two different events, he may not be as pure as the new fallen snow, but the shooting officer probably didn't know about the first incident.

What should scare everyone liberals and conservatives alike is that a police agency can deploy a militarized force to keep the people down. In my eyes that is far more dangerous in every aspect.

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 08-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #4
Fly Rod

very true Fishparts...our little city went thru that a year ago at fiesta time...sheriffs department brought in attack dogs to close the bars and keeep the peace....this is a city that ony has domestic violence and a few drunks.....they had over stepped their bounds....they were not at this years fiesta and all was calm

twenty years ago I did see in a magazine the cop of the future and it came true...showed a cop directing traffric suited with bullet proof vest ..gas mask...automatic weapon...how the world has changed

Old 08-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpart View Post
The boy being shot and his involvement in a robbery are two different events, he may not be as pure as the new fallen snow, but the shooting officer probably didn't know about the first incident.

What should scare everyone liberals and conservatives alike is that a police agency can deploy a militarized force to keep the people down. In my eyes that is far more dangerous in every aspect.
All that plus the racially charged environment that was already there. People aren't trying to make this about race, that factor was long since present…

How the local PD has handled the event is disturbing to say the least.

-spence
Old 08-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #6
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Got to love the joke going around about all the looting of stores there including PayLess shoes.
Not 1 pair of work boots were touched.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #7
BigBo

I like this guy's view of the situation at hand.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
Old 08-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #8
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBo View Post
I like this guy's view of the situation at hand.
I especially like his mention is still waiting for that Obama Change.
But that another video for another day !
Old 08-16-2014, 07:23 PM   #9
BigBo

"Acting like Curious George on Red Bulls"
Old 08-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #10
Redsoxticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Got to love the joke going around about all the looting of stores there including PayLess shoes.
There are bus loads of Furgesonites heading to Detroit because there is no work
Old 08-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #11
Raven

if you put all of the shooting episode ASIDE
(jury's still out on that)
"my observation"
and look solely at the VIDEO of how he acted in the store
taking whatever he wanted
and then power walking after the clerk until he conceded
the clerk decided that the was nothing further to be done
without getting HURT..........

you can tell that this was a BULLY
and it wasn't his first Rodeo
Old 08-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #12
Fly Rod

He a big dude...could have been nose tackle for any team

Old 08-17-2014, 04:00 PM   #13
Raider Ronnie

So in the same week this kid was shot in Missouri 26 Black kids were shot by other black Kids in Chicago.
How come Jesse, Al, Barack and the black panthers aren't making statements on those shootings ???
Maybe because no $ to be extorted from there !
Old 08-18-2014, 06:11 AM   #14
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Regardless of where conservatives fall on the spectrum of how they see Ferguson, MO, conservatives should also be willing to agree on two things.

First, as someone on twitter noted, if we say most conservatives are not racist despite what the left would have us believe, we should be willing to believe that not all of the black community is prone to riot when these terrible things happen.

Second, and even more importantly, conservatives who lament the abuses of a big federal government should not so easily give a pass to state and local government. In fact, if a government is big enough to give us everything, it is big enough to take it all away and that government may not be Washington, but your state or local community. Many liberals are today upset at the police in Ferguson, MO, but give a complete pass to the IRS’s political persecutions. Conservatives upset at the IRS, EPA, DOJ, etc. should not give a blanket pass to state and local authorities. Frankly, we should also not give a pass to Republican administrations on these issues.

Conservatives are a law and order bunch. It is, in fact, the natural order to gather into societies and cede our individual rights of protection to a governmental body that wields the sword on our behalf. But that sword can be turned on us. As we become a society where more and more legislation and regulation causes more and more well meaning people to accidentally run afoul of laws and rules, we should be more concerned with militarizing our police and extending the jurisdictions of law enforcement agencies.

Police do a good and necessary job. But if power corrupts men and absolute power corrupts absolutely, we should be wary of putting our neighborhood man in blue in camouflage, a helmet, and an AR-15 inside an armored personnel carrier except in the most serious of circumstances.

No conservative is saying police do not need to be able to outshoot and out arm the bad guys. But many of us are saying police are more quickly than ever before resorting to playing soldier when they could accomplish the same as just a policeman.

One can view the events of Ferguson, MO and decide it was a good call to, before rioting even began, suit up the police as soldiers. But the world is not binary. Regardless of how one views the events of Ferguson, we should all be troubled by the over-militarization of routine police activity. We should all be troubled at the growing number of well documented cases of heavy handed local and state police. Being a conservative means we should support the judicious use of force. It also means that, unlike liberals who routinely turn a blind eye to the abuses of the state targeted toward their opponents, we should not simply presume the ends justify the means.

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 08-18-2014, 09:44 AM   #15
BigBo

While I agree about the concern of militarizing our police forces and disagree with that move, I don't view this whole situation in MO as a conservative v. liberal issue. What's going on is a social issue. Social mores are seriously distorted.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #16
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
I work...and I fish. I don't own a gun, I don't steal, I don't riot and I don't loot! I also do not give a crap about the goings on in Ferguson Missouri! Its just another excuse/reason for piece of #^&#^&#^&#^& human beings to riot, to loot, to injure, to kill....to act like friggin animals! Those people doing all the rioting and looting do not care about the issue at hand! They have no morals to be doing what they are doing so how could they possibly even care about the topic of the issue at hand??? Rioting and looting and burning the very place you call home???? Let them go to town....I could care less!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 08-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #17
BigBo

Burn it to the ground! Opportunists. Go get a job. Oh wait, you just destroyed the city and there are no jobs left.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:26 PM   #18
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBo View Post
Burn it to the ground! Opportunists. Go get a job. Oh wait, you just destroyed the city and there are no jobs left.
It worked for Detroit

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #19
BigBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
It worked for Detroit

Old 08-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #20
Redsoxticket

Burning to the ground will lead to the government to build more public housing which would be good for Furgeson at the expense of the tax payers.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:27 PM   #21
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxticket View Post
Burning to the ground will lead to the government to build more public housing which would be good for Furgeson at the expense of the tax payers.
yup and they'll trash it within 10 yrs.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
Old 08-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:

"The boy being shot and his involvement in a robbery are two different event"

True, but the robbery establishes a pattern of thuggish violence that neither you nor I would ever display. Meaning he's way more likely, compared to an average kid taken off the street, to be capable of the violent kind of behavior that would justify getting shot in his empty noggin.

"What should scare everyone liberals and conservatives alike is that a police agency can deploy a militarized force to keep the people down. "

I'll tell you what. If by "the people", you mean a feral mob destroying everything they can get their hands on? You want the cops to face that mob in their underwear with empty hands? If that mob is advancing towards my home, towards my kids, or towards my place of business, then the better equipped the cops are, the more likely they are to keep the rioters at bay. I sleep like a baby knowing they have that stuff, in the event that the mob, not the police, make it necessary. Let's not forget what precipitated the police gearing up like the 82nd Airborne, and it wasn't jaywalkers.

You say the military equipment in the hands of the cops is "far more dangerous"? Well, we know this kid roughed up a store owner. We know this mob has been looting and burning. What have the cops done with their military gear, exactly?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-18-2014 at 10:07 PM..
Old 08-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
People aren't trying to make this about race,
-spence
No, Sharpton would never stoop so low...
Old 08-18-2014, 09:57 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
So in the same week this kid was shot in Missouri 26 Black kids were shot by other black Kids in Chicago.
How come Jesse, Al, Barack and the black panthers aren't making statements on those shootings ???
Maybe because no $ to be extorted from there !
Great question. The answer is, regardless of whatever malarkey Spence is shoveling, this is about one thing, and one thing only...race. Black kids killing other black kids in Chicago doesn't fir the liberal "narrative", and therefore it doesn't help Al Sharpton stay relevant in the conversation.

Courageous post.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:03 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:

First, as someone on twitter noted, if we say most conservatives are not racist despite what the left would have us believe, we should be willing to believe that not all of the black community is prone to riot when these terrible things happen.

Second, and even more importantly, conservatives who lament the abuses of a big federal government should not so easily give a pass to state and local government. In fact, if a government is big enough to give us everything, it is big enough to take it all away and that government may not be Washington, but your state or local community. Many liberals are today upset at the police in Ferguson, MO, but give a complete pass to the IRS’s political persecutions. Conservatives upset at the IRS, EPA, DOJ, etc. should not give a blanket pass to state and local authorities. Frankly, we should also not give a pass to Republican administrations on these issues.

Conservatives are a law and order bunch. It is, in fact, the natural order to gather into societies and cede our individual rights of protection to a governmental body that wields the sword on our behalf. But that sword can be turned on us. As we become a society where more and more legislation and regulation causes more and more well meaning people to accidentally run afoul of laws and rules, we should be more concerned with militarizing our police and extending the jurisdictions of law enforcement agencies.

Police do a good and necessary job. But if power corrupts men and absolute power corrupts absolutely, we should be wary of putting our neighborhood man in blue in camouflage, a helmet, and an AR-15 inside an armored personnel carrier except in the most serious of circumstances.

No conservative is saying police do not need to be able to outshoot and out arm the bad guys. But many of us are saying police are more quickly than ever before resorting to playing soldier when they could accomplish the same as just a policeman.

One can view the events of Ferguson, MO and decide it was a good call to, before rioting even began, suit up the police as soldiers. But the world is not binary. Regardless of how one views the events of Ferguson, we should all be troubled by the over-militarization of routine police activity. We should all be troubled at the growing number of well documented cases of heavy handed local and state police. Being a conservative means we should support the judicious use of force. It also means that, unlike liberals who routinely turn a blind eye to the abuses of the state targeted toward their opponents, we should not simply presume the ends justify the means.
"First, as someone on twitter noted, if we say most conservatives are not racist despite what the left would have us believe, we should be willing to believe that not all of the black community is prone to riot when these terrible things happen. "

Who, exactly, in the conservative world, is suggesting that "all of the black community is prone to riot when these terrible things happen"? Can you name any influential conservatives who are saying that?

"conservatives who lament the abuses of a big federal government should not so easily give a pass to state and local government."

I don't want to "give a pass". But how about we get the facts first, before we conclude that this kid was the innocent victim of a racial assassination?

Good to see that the liberals, and their mouthpieces in the media, learned such a good lesson from the Duke Lacrosse case, in terms of not jumping to politically correct conclusions before we know what happened. Anybody remember that incident at all?
Old 08-19-2014, 07:08 AM   #26
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Great question. The answer is, regardless of whatever malarkey Spence is shoveling, this is about one thing, and one thing only...race. Black kids killing other black kids in Chicago doesn't fir the liberal "narrative"

Courageous post.
No, in those cases, it wasn't a police officer shooting an unarmed teenager.

Are they a travesty, absolutely. Where did the guns come from? Stolen? Straw purchases? Foriegn imports? That is a bigger part of that discussion, as are Fishpart's comments about the military equipment the cops can pull out (much of if Iraq/Afgan war surplus)

I'm withholding an opinion on the MO office. Maybe the kids actions put the officer in the right, but all the evidence needs to come out.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #27
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

Are they a travesty, absolutely. Where did the guns come from? Stolen? Straw purchases? Foriegn imports? That is a bigger part of that discussion, as are Fishpart's comments about the military equipment the cops can pull out (much of if Iraq/Afgan war surplus)

I'm withholding an opinion on the MO office. Maybe the kids actions put the officer in the right, but all the evidence needs to come out.
Where did the guns come from is the bigger part of the discussion ????
I would like to know what spawned the total disrespect of life and of ones self . What created the thug life . I'm pretty sure it's not the guns . And I'm pretty sure it's more prevalent in the "takers" then the providers . How has the sociaty of "takers " been created ? Look in the mirror and stop pointing fingers at meaningless objects . If you want to do something about fun crime then address the real problem. We have a million gun laws on the books . Has anything improved ???

If this has been a black cop we wouldn't even have a thread here.
Admit it
Old 08-19-2014, 08:14 AM   #28
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Where did the guns come from is the bigger part of the discussion ????
I would like to know what spawned the total disrespect of life and of ones self . What created the thug life . I'm pretty sure it's not the guns . And I'm pretty sure it's more prevalent in the "takers" then the providers . How has the sociaty of "takers " been created ? Look in the mirror and stop pointing fingers at meaningless objects . If you want to do something about gun crime then address the real problem. We have a million gun laws on the books . Has anything improved ???

If this has been a black cop we wouldn't even have a thread here.
Admit it
Old 08-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

"No, in those cases, it wasn't a police officer shooting an unarmed teenager"

Right. And to liberals and race-baiters, a small number of white cops kilingblack kids, deserves WAY more attention and energy than thousands of black kids being killed by other black kids. How about we put our energy where the biggest problems are? Does anyone genuinely believe that large numbers of white cops wake up and go looking for blacks to execute?

And "unarmed" means little. Someone who is 6'4 and 300 pounds can do an awful lot of damage, as shown in the video when he roughed up the store owner for the huge payoff of a box of cigars.

"I'm withholding an opinion on the MO office"

No, you're not. Not if you suggest that just because it's a case of white cop/dead black kid, means that we waste al this energy, when we could be directing that energy towards larger problems.

Let the justice system play out here, before we decide if there's a story.

White cop shoots black kid, page 1 everywhere, even though w ehave no idea what happened. A couple dozed black kids get shot in Chicago, that's far less important. If you can explain that to me, I'm willing to listen.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #30
FishermanTim

Quote:
I heard the looters did over $500,000.00 in improvements!

I am a legend in my own mind!