Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-05-2020, 06:34 AM   #61
Pete F.
Canceled

It doesn't help Covita’s argument to "stop counting the ballots" in GA/PA etc. that his only possible path back in AZ/NV is to...continue counting the ballots.

Federal employee Kayleigh McEnany says if Trump loses PA they will go to the supreme court to get ballots mailed before or on election day thrown out
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-05-2020, 07:37 AM   #62
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
When Gore filed lawsuits in 2000, you criticized him?
JIM your history is weak and confused

GORE waited till after the vote to file

TRUMP and The Republicans have been attacking filing against the vote months before and during the vote and during the count

OR Barr and his DOJ bowing to Trump. The law prohibits the federal government from deploying armed guards to places where votes are cast

With this Richard Donaghue, a principal assistant deputy attorney general at the agency, wrote around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday that the law “does not prevent armed federal law enforcement persons from responding to, investigate, or prevent federal crimes at closed polling places or at other locations where votes are being counted.

Here's the Rub whos determining they need to respond investigate or prevent

TRUMP because he's losing, but he's no Authoritarian
Old 11-05-2020, 07:40 AM   #63
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

ballots mailed on election day

if you mail your ballot on election day you are a frigging idiot....

Last edited by scottw; 11-05-2020 at 08:17 AM..
Old 11-05-2020, 07:45 AM   #64
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Or.

Armed Trump supporters swarm Arizona election centre after his unproven claims of fraud

Based on Rumors spread on Facebook.

Your in the frigging idiot line

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 11-05-2020 at 08:01 AM..
Old 11-05-2020, 07:51 AM   #65
scottw

[QUOTE=wdmso;1204555]
Quote:

Armed Trump supporters swarm Arizona election centre after his unproven claims of fraud
yes. I heard they are currently occupying the facility but it's "mostly peaceful".....

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 11-05-2020 at 08:01 AM..
Old 11-05-2020, 07:57 AM   #66
spence

Quote:
It doesn't help Covita’s argument to "stop counting the ballots" in GA/PA etc. that his only possible path back in AZ/NV is to...continue counting the ballots.

Federal employee Kayleigh McEnany says if Trump loses PA they will go to the supreme court to get ballots mailed before or on election day thrown out
It’s striking that the same people who are terrified of progressive thinking support what is possibly the most anti-democratic president in US history.
Old 11-05-2020, 08:00 AM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Quote:
If you think that ballots that conform to the law in the state in which they are cast should be thrown out (because you are losing), you are not a believer in our Constitution

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-05-2020, 08:18 AM   #68
scottw

Quote:

ballots mailed on election day

Quote:

pete...from the State of Pa website...I know voting is especially difficult for democrats but this is pretty straightforward..

November 3: Election Day

Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Last day to return your mail ballot:

IMPORTANT: Voters who have not yet cast their mail or absentee ballot are urged to hand-deliver their voted ballots as soon as possible to their county election office or other county drop off location or drop box. Ballots must be delivered by 8 p.m. on Election Day but the sooner the better. Voters should no longer use postal service delivery as it is too late to guarantee your ballot will be delivered on time.
Old 11-05-2020, 08:21 AM   #69
spence

This.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	123765811_10158600073372819_5095657927805092170_n.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	67448  
Old 11-05-2020, 08:44 AM   #70
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This.
you know those two were life long democrats....right?

I love the lingo being used now....our local news reporting that last night in Portland the National Guard "suppressed" protesters....

from Portland last night

Riot declared in Portland as rioters smash windows

PORTLAND, Ore. — A riot was declared in Portland, Ore., and protesters took to the streets in Seattle on Wednesday as people demanded that every vote in Tuesday’s election be counted. .

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office at about 7 p.m. declared a riot after rioters were seen smashing windows at businesses. In the interest of public safety, Gov. Kate Brown activated the use of the state National Guard to help local law enforcement manage the unrest, according to the sheriff's office.

so stopping democrats from destroying the property of others is "suppressing" their right to protest...and stopping democrats from stealing an election is "suppressing" democracy

these people are great...
Old 11-05-2020, 08:53 AM   #71
Pete F.
Canceled

Don't worry, Covita has some god on his side

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-05-2020, 09:14 AM   #72
Jim in CT

to the point of this thread, was there rampant voter suppression? Voting turnout looks quite high, indicating that voter suppression wasn't a huge factor.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:17 AM   #73
Nebe

Quote:
to the point of this thread, was there rampant voter suppression? Voting turnout looks quite high, indicating that voter suppression wasn't a huge factor.
Umm. Isn’t trumpnscreaming like a man child to stop counting votes a symptom of voter suppression? Plus gerrymandering to suppress the minority vote. Plus closing poking stations in minority neighborhoods. All these things happen
Old 11-05-2020, 09:26 AM   #74
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Umm. Isn’t trumpnscreaming like a man child to stop counting votes a symptom of voter suppression? Plus gerrymandering to suppress the minority vote. Plus closing poking stations in minority neighborhoods. All these things happen
I think you forgot putting a sycophant in charge of limiting USPS bandwidth to try and disenfranchise as many late mail in voters as possible? Disobeying a Federal judge's order to find 300,000 known missing mail in ballots?

Now we're going to see a litany of ridiculous lawsuits in an attempt to get counted ballots tossed, because that's about the only way they can win at this point.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:38 AM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Umm, screaming about how votes are counted, isn't even close to voter suppression.

"Plus gerrymandering to suppress the minority vote"

And democrats don't do that when they are in charge of re-districting. Only Republicans. I agree it's disgusting, but how can you claim it's a GOP-only thing?

"All these things happen"

Yes they do, sadly. But what you're ignorant of, is that they happen on both sides.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:39 AM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:

Now we're going to see a litany of ridiculous lawsuits in an attempt to get counted ballots tossed, because that's about the only way they can win at this point.
Or they could bother counting the 600,000 (is that the right #?) uncounted ballots in AZ. Is it wrong to ask that those be counted for some reason?
Old 11-05-2020, 09:45 AM   #77
Pete F.
Canceled

The guy who doesn’t want to submit his DNA so we find out he’s a rapist is the same guy who doesn’t want you to count votes so we find out he’s a loser.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:58 AM   #78
scottw

Quote:
the same people who can't be expected to stand in lines to vote or get their votes in on time can always find time, even during the middle of the week, to protest for hours on end.....
Old 11-05-2020, 10:15 AM   #79
spence

Quote:
Umm, screaming about how votes are counted, isn't even close to voter suppression.
When the President is habitually lying about voting by mail during a pandemic, that is 100% an attempt to suppress the vote thinking it will gain an advantage.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:17 AM   #80
spence

Quote:
Or they could bother counting the 600,000 (is that the right #?) uncounted ballots in AZ. Is it wrong to ask that those be counted for some reason?
Who's saying not to count AZ? Count 'em all, follow the state laws, quit complaining.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:19 AM   #81
Jim in CT

Quote:
When the President is habitually lying about voting by mail during a pandemic, .
You don't think voting by mail is necessarily more prone to fraud, than voting in person with an id? It' snot easier to commit fraud with mail-in votes?
Old 11-05-2020, 10:20 AM   #82
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who's saying not to count AZ? Count 'em all, follow the state laws, quit complaining.
That's one of the things Trump is asking for. SO some of his requests are reasonable.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:21 AM   #83
Jim in CT

Quote:
Count 'em all, follow the state laws, quit complaining.
Agreed. But "if" state laws say that observers need to have access (not sure if that's guaranteed by law, I have no idea) and you deny them access ("if" that actually happened; I don't know, and I presume you don't know for sure either), then that's a violation of state law. Right?
Old 11-05-2020, 10:46 AM   #84
spence

Quote:
You don't think voting by mail is necessarily more prone to fraud, than voting in person with an id? It' snot easier to commit fraud with mail-in votes?
I have never seen a single credible report that says it vote by mail fraud is statistically significant anywhere in the US. Not one.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:47 AM   #85
spence

Quote:
That's one of the things Trump is asking for. SO some of his requests are reasonable.
Wanting votes to be counted and you give them an atta'boy? The bar is really that pathetically low.

It's like the second debate "Trump doesn't poop pants, wins debate"
Old 11-05-2020, 10:55 AM   #86
scottw

Quote:
I have never seen a single credible report that says it vote by mail fraud is statistically significant anywhere in the US. Not one.
we are seeing the very serious problem with mailing out unsolicited ballots....but chaos works in the democrats favor
Old 11-05-2020, 11:10 AM   #87
Pete F.
Canceled

Tweety on election night

"This is a fraud on the American public. This is an embarrassment to our country. We were getting ready to win this election. Frankly, we did win this election. We did win this election. So our goal now is to ensure the integrity for the good of this nation. This is a very big moment. This is a major fraud in our nation. We want the law to be used in a proper manner. So we’ll be going to the US Supreme Court. We want all voting to stop. We don’t want them to find any ballots at four o’clock in the morning and add them to the list. Okay? It’s a very sad moment. To me this is a very sad moment and we will win this. And as far as I’m concerned, we already have won it."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-05-2020, 11:58 AM   #88
Pete F.
Canceled

Michigan SOS response to Tweety’s lawsuit
"Even a cursory review of Plaintiffs’ filings demonstrates that their vague legal claims and nonexistent facts hold no water and should be dismissed."
Old 11-05-2020, 12:02 PM   #89
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump is losing Nevada by 7,500 votes. So I'm not sure your definition of "statistically significant", which would change based on party of sitting president, means much.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:03 PM   #90
Jim in CT

Quote:
Michigan SOS response to Tweety’s lawsuit
"Even a cursory review of Plaintiffs’ filings demonstrates that their vague legal claims and nonexistent facts hold no water and should be dismissed."
A statement with precisely zero facts, precisely zero evidence, is good enough for you. you are willing to take the word of a liberal, but not of any conservative. Sounds smart.