Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Computers

Computers Sidetrack to Computers, Questions on your home computer? Posting just for registered members....

Old 03-15-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
Fisherwoman

Send a message via ICQ to Fisherwoman
HELP!!!!Roxio easy media creator 8

Does anybody on here use Roxio Easy Media Creator 8,

I am trying to make a slide show fishing video. Have everything almost done but the music I downlaoded to the track won't play. The songs are there but when I hit the thing to run no sound? ANy help would be greatly appreciated as I have been working on this for days and want to try and get it done for the MSBA show.

Thanks Jules

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Fisherwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:57 AM   #2
Katie
Scuttlebutt

Send a message via AIM to Katie Send a message via MSN to Katie Send a message via Skype™ to Katie
well my opinion, roxio stinks, i have used it a lot and it just messes up everytime.. i use camtasia, its a kick butt program, simple to use.. but umm, it could possibly be your volume control, make sure the wave volume is up, and also the synth, but the synth normally don't apply to regular mp3's and wma's... only like .wav's and midi files..

Wasajigifying -[ was - a - jig-i-fy-ing] - the concept of not knowing what the hell your saying.

My Photography Page!
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:04 PM   #3
Fisherwoman

Hi Katie, Volume is up, don't know what it is. I may have to just burn it with no music for now. Running out of time, I made one a few years ago on Window movie maker, came out great till you try and play it on a dvd player for tv. Can't get it to play there because of highmat. any other idea's

Thanks jules

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Old 03-18-2006, 10:22 PM   #4
Aragorn

Fisherwoman, where do you live ?

I use Pinnacle for all my video needs, if you send me the photos + music on a CD or if you are on a high speed connection e-mail or file transfer I can get them on a CD in no time for you

if you try to listen to the mp3's on your computer do they work ? if not you might need the newer codecs
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:25 AM   #5
Fisherwoman

Aragorn, Thanks for the reply, I ended up making the DVD without music as I needed to get it done. The pictures and video's came out great but still no music. This is the second time I had heard of
Codecs? what is it. I can get the music to play on my Window's media player as I copied the file from a cd my nephew made for me. When I copied it to the hard drive I transdfered it to an MP3 file but the music still will not play in the roxio program, which accepts all types of music files including mp3's. I really can't take the time to email it and see if you can get it to work right now. But maybe in a few weeks I could do it and you can let me know how you make out as we will still be using it for seminars and other stuff. can you burn it to a DVD or just CD, as i want to make it a DVD?
Let me know and thanks for all your help

Jules

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Old 03-19-2006, 07:06 PM   #6
Aragorn

Codecs are algorithms for compressing files, if you don't compress files they just take so much space, for example a jpeg picture of 1 MB would take about 22 MB space if left uncompressed. Or think about a music CD where it will only take about 12-13 songs uncompressed but will hold about 200 mp3's.

Did you try ripping the music with roxio itself ? does it play on roxio if you rip with roxio, if it still doesn't your roxio installation might be botched. try downloading the latest updates from roxio, or uninstall roxio and re-install

I can burn both DVDs and SVCDs (super video CD), they will play on many DVD players
Old 03-20-2006, 08:58 AM   #7
Fisherwoman

Aragorn, thanks so much for your help, I will defiantly check into those issue's. But Out of time as we are really crazy this week getting ready for the show. But as soon as I get a chance I will try that stuff. Thanks so much for your help.

Regards,
Jules

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Old 03-20-2006, 12:39 PM   #8
Aragorn

Do you need that DVD for the RISAA show ? I was planning to come on saturday, but might make it friday with my laptop
Old 03-21-2006, 09:38 AM   #9
Fisherwoman

Agaron, unfortunatly due to buying a new house we won't be able to do the Rissa show, but thank you anyway.

fisherwomen & baitcaster