Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-06-2018, 11:39 PM   #1
Sea Dangles

CNN

Boy is it funny watching their very large panel confounded by the polling numbers vs actual results. Openly wondering how the Trump supporters suddenly appear on Election Day.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-07-2018, 12:11 AM   #2
Ian
Idiot

Was the polling wrong this time?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-07-2018, 05:05 AM   #3
scottw

blue wave turned out to be a puddle

win/win for the republicans...kept the senate and get to add another supreme court justice most likely...dems get the house and 2 years of making complete asses out of themselves not working for the american people which will help trump win reelection...2 yr. weekend at pelosi's is going to be great fun...I guess we don't have to scrape the bodies of leftist off the pavement below overpasses(for 2 more years anyway) this morning so that's a good thing

Last edited by scottw; 11-07-2018 at 06:03 AM..
Old 11-07-2018, 05:05 AM   #4
wdmso

next 2 years should be interesting..

Still dont understand how voting is so difficult in the USA some places reported long lines and broken machines opening late no ballots... sure it's a big job but its 2018

Election day should be a Holiday... neither party will do it... they are both afraid of increased voter turnout
Old 11-07-2018, 05:06 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
next 2 years should be interesting..

Still dont understand how voting is so difficult in the USA some places reported long lines and broken machines opening late no ballots... sure it's a big job but its 2018

Election day should be a Holiday... neither party will do it... they are both afraid of increased voter turnout
yeah we need more holidays ...here's an idea...how about just get there and vote on your own( it's actually not that hard), if you want to, without being constantly reminded/chastised/implored by idiots/celebrities/heads full of makeup on the tv and radio(both sides) that you MUST vote....

Last edited by scottw; 11-07-2018 at 06:06 AM..
Old 11-07-2018, 07:34 AM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

With early voting it's not hard to vote in this state, in fact I walked in and out in less than ten minutes.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:47 AM   #7
spence

Providing oversight is working for the American people.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:11 AM   #8
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
yeah we need more holidays ...here's an idea...how about just get there and vote on your own( it's actually not that hard), if you want to, without being constantly reminded/chastised/implored by idiots/celebrities/heads full of makeup on the tv and radio(both sides) that you MUST vote....
Well it seems logical to me to make it a holiday. And if we have too many holidays, take away Presidents day and replace it with election day.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
Well it seems logical to me to make it a holiday. And if we have too many holidays, take away Presidents day and replace it with election day.
it hasn't been necessary to make it a holiday since our founding....suddenly people need an entire day off to vote...good grief...why not vote on the weekend?....
Old 11-07-2018, 10:29 AM   #10
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it hasn't been necessary to make it a holiday since our founding....suddenly people need an entire day off to vote...good grief...why not vote on the weekend?....
We should just nationally allow mail in ballots.

Gives everyone the chance to vote, no matter what comes up on Tuesday.
Gives everyone a chance to vote with an informed opinion (looking up candidates and ballot questions while filling out the ballot)
Fixes the “same day registration” lines we saw in CT
Fixes unusually long lines at certain polling stations that steer people away from even casting a vote

Fixes a lot of things...

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:51 AM   #11
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Gives everyone a chance to vote with an informed opinion (looking up candidates and ballot questions while filling out the ballot)

In MA you can download your ballot ahead of time, its not official, but its an exact replica of what you will be voting on at your polling station. plug in your address and off you go.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-07-2018, 01:13 PM   #12
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
In MA you can download your ballot ahead of time, its not official, but its an exact replica of what you will be voting on at your polling station. plug in your address and off you go.
They should let you then put it in an envelope and mail it in like Colorado, Washington and Oregon do.

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.