Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 10-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Thinning the forest---rods

Let's face it, I'll probably never fish these rods again, so instead of having them take up space in my shed/basement, I'll offer them for sale. All are available for local pick-up only. They can be given a test run by meeting up with me at the Canal.

1). Lami SB 121 3M conventional. Custom built by Red Top with 5 Hardaloy guides (all guides are Fuji on all rods listed) and HD tip. No reel seat--plain cork tape handle (I can supply a Squidder with a clamp for test casting). It's an older rod, but in good shape with just normal wear. You will turn any bass alive with this rod. Honey yellow blank, red/black wraps with gold metallic trim. Asking $150.

2). Lami XRA 126 1MH conventional. This was a "pre-built" custom by CMS--ie, built by them and bought "off the rack" as-is. I believe that it has 7 Hardaloy guides. Trigger reel seat ~ 25" from the butt. Bronze/maroon wraps, with a CMS diamond butt wrap. Used heavily for one season, but I went 99% spinning and it hasn't been used for several years now. Blank in very good shape. Asking $225.

3). All Star 1209 conventional. Another pre-built CMS custom. It was sold to me by Charlie as a genuine All Star, not a Rainshadow, and I am representing it as an All Star based on that. The tip guide is loose, but I can re-glue it for test casting. Trigger seat ~ 25" up, possibly longer. Beige wraps, in typical CMS patterns w/diamond butt wrap. You can cast an engine block with this, and drag 20 pounders across the water bringing them in. I used this rod exclusively for 9" swim shads weighing 7 oz.+ so it is very lightly fished. Also asking $225.

4) All Star 1266/2 spinning. This was custom built by Mike at M&Ds, with old-school COF guides and spacing. It has 5 Hardaloy guides, starting with a 50 mm gathering guide placed on the butt section of the rod---it's a two piece. Not sure on the reel seat distance from the butt, but probably around 22-23". Red/black wraps with a diamond butt wrap, and a striper decal above the diamond wrap. Really a sharp looking rod, and very lightly fished. I used it almost exclusively to cast 3-4 oz metal. I don't know what AS rated this rod for, but it smokes 3 oz, and throws 4 very well. Asking $200.

Please feel free to post questions. Also, I have other rods that I may want to thin out, so if you have a specific application in mind, feel free to ask.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #2
BigBo

Mike, the AS 1266 was rated 2-4oz as shown here on my old AS blank chart.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
trevier

mike, how old is the 126-1mh, and do you have any other conventionals laying around that would be similar to a xra1322, looking for one for my dad, thanks matt
trevier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

I'm pretty sure that I bought the 126 the year that I moved back to the Cape, in 2006. I don't think that I have any graphite conventional in 11' any more, though. I'll look in the shed later. I do have a full length S-glass SSB 136 3M blank in my sister's rafters, but it's a "second". I'd hate to see someone pay to build it, and then find out that it was a "second" for a reason.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
Slipknot
Super Moderator

That 1266 all star is a great rod
I have one and it casts really well, also I stopped a 500 lb. seal with it and 25 lbs. drag on my Saltiga once, I thought the rod was going to snap, but it held.

good luck with the sale Mike, those are all good sticks
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
tysdad115

You like the Century that much? Nice rods you have here.
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #7
Stewie
Scarecrow

Mike, How does that Allstar work pencils. I might be interested in that one. Eventually, I'm going to need a spinning rod.

.......Elvis Lives
Stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #8
1dozenraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Mike, How does that Allstar work pencils. I might be interested in that one. Eventually, I'm going to need a spinning rod.
For who?
1dozenraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #9
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
It does OK with them in the Canal, but I have no idea how it would work from the beach. We could probably work a deal that involves a certain red wheeled device as part of it.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #10
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdad115 View Post
You like the Century that much? Nice rods you have here.
I have about 30 rods. These are ones that I know I won't use again, in all likelihood.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:01 AM   #11
OLD GOAT
OLDGOAT7205963

Well I guess Mike P. and myself must have spilt the same fishingrod seeds in the cellar because I noticed a good crop down there myself.
OLD GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:17 PM   #12
O.D. Mike

Mike, what's the length on the 1266?

Thank you from all my friends busting my nuts via texting and voicemails!!! Sending a pm Mike

Last edited by O.D. Mike; 10-21-2011 at 05:31 PM..

"Always two there are, no more, no less: a master and an apprentice." >> Yoda
O.D. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #13
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

10'6".

It's a 2 piece, 50/50 split.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:02 AM   #14
Stewie
Scarecrow

If it's not gone, I'd like to try the AllStar, when are you going to be around?

.......Elvis Lives
Stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #15
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
If it's not gone, I'd like to try the AllStar, when are you going to be around?
Most of the weekend. OD Mike agreed to give you first crack at it. I know that you have other things going on right now to deal with, so just give me a yell when you're going to be down this way.