Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 07-20-2015, 05:21 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

State of the Sox 2015

They getting shut out again this afternoon in Anaheim.... Haven't scored a single run since the All Star game. Second game of double header tonight. Is Farrell going to last long in his job?

Okay, they just scored one.... and have bases loaded. But our pitching is awful.....

Last edited by nightfighter; 07-20-2015 at 05:29 PM..
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:51 PM   #2
Nebe

I miss manny.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:08 AM   #3
Slipknot
Super Moderator

me too nebe

we are going to a game Friday night, taking Danny

won't be comfortable in the grandstand seats but Dan is glad

They seem to be in a state of dissaray

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:00 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I was holding out hope because they were playing well before the All-Star break, but it was false hope. They are a lifeless group that just seems to be going through the motions of collecting a paycheck.

I don't blame Farrell for this mess....this is clearly on Cherington, he gave him nothing to really work with. I honestly didn't expect much when the season started looking at this group on paper. 5 number 4/5 starters and nobody in the line-up that really strikes fear in you (just look at the Angels, Trout/Pujols).

Porcello and Sandoval have been complete wastes.....Porcello is getting paid "Staff Ace" money and putting up "Garbage Inning Reliever" numbers. Sandoval cant make a friggin clean throw to first.

There have been a couple of Bright spots at least...

Bogaerts looks to be coming into his own and has been solid at the plate and at Short.

Holt has been a god send to plug in basically anywhere....and he seems to have a knack of being involved when something good is happening.

Betts seems to be adjusting to Major League play and will hopefully take a big step next year, like Bogaerts did this year.

And Miley has been decent for a true number 5 starter....keeps them in games and at a rock-bottom price.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:03 AM   #5
Cool Beans

I am disappointed that John Farewell started Mike Napoli (playing like Crapoli) over Brock Holt (the only All Star on the team). That sub 200 batting average really helped a lot last night. And besides all that, the pitching sucks so bad for so long now, the rest of the team seems to have checked out....

You fail to score in the first 2 games of a 4 game series and the only line up change you do is swap Napoli and Victorino in the order? Its been weeks to where I could stomach watching a game on tv, and last night I couldn't even make even endure having them on in the back ground on the radio.

Wonder whats up with Clay now since they DFA'd his favorite catcher Sandy Leon. Maybe his injury is worse than they think or he's getting traded to the Detroit Tropics for a "washing machine"......
Cool Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:14 AM   #6
Slipknot
Super Moderator

good thing training camp starts soon
there is no hope for the sox with the guys in charge they have now
the owner needs to stay out of it

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:14 AM   #7
fishsmith
DDG-51

Farrell does not make good decisions, and when he does make a change its to late. Cherington is an ownership puppet. I can't believe we got out of the big contracts a few years ago and managed to dig an even bigger hole. Porcello (an extension without playing a game???) and Hanley contracts are true head scratchers.
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:27 AM   #8
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsmith View Post
Farrell does not make good decisions, and when he does make a change its to late. Cherington is an ownership puppet. I can't believe we got out of the big contracts a few years ago and managed to dig an even bigger hole. Porcello (an extension without playing a game???) and Hanley contracts are true head scratchers.
some of farrells decisions are mind boggling and the lack of preparedness of this team to play fundamental baseball are equally baffling he's got to go. I agree that cherington is being handed this mess by henry and werner- great #'s men but baseball buffoons. they look at the pr face not the actual product face. sleep studies on the boston lab rats???? you've got to be kidding me. only result I see is nappoli sleeps well but now sucks and the rest of the team sucks out loud.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:24 PM   #9
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Porcello is awful.... 2 plus innings, 10 hits, leaves two men on trailing 6-0..... Any hope for getting something out of his 4 year 82.5 million dollar deal??????
Old 07-31-2015, 01:47 PM   #10
MrHunters
What was that!?!

just heard they might be trying to move pablo
MrHunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:38 PM   #11
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

We can only hope
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:10 PM   #12
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

They sent Napoli back to Texas with cash..... Don't know what they are getting. Player to be named later, and cash?
Old 08-11-2015, 03:42 PM   #13
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I have moved on to Little League World Series, which I enjoy every year. Need to figure out whose wagon to jump on in MLB....
Old 08-12-2015, 10:05 AM   #14
fishsmith
DDG-51

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I have moved on to Little League World Series, which I enjoy every year. Need to figure out whose wagon to jump on in MLB....
The Bluejays train is filling up. For each league I like Astros and the Cubs. Locally there's a Plymouth little league team making some noise.
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:45 AM   #15
MrHunters
What was that!?!

they are unwatchable at this point.. Its a bummer too, the late summer evenings watching the sox jockey for a playoff spot is an awesome time of year.. That said.. the smell of fall fishing and football is right around the corner.. I'd take that all year long if I could!
MrHunters is offline   Reply With Quote