Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-28-2007, 10:31 PM   #1
spence

Mitt Romney

I used to sort of like the guy...

But his performance in tonights debate made me loose all faith.

What a wuss.

-spence
Old 11-28-2007, 10:44 PM   #2
luds
Night Stalker

He was on Charlie Moor. Nuff said. Don't ask me how I know that.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:27 AM   #3
FishHawk

He's trying to look like Bush Lite.

He's a flip flopper if ever there was one. He's figured out what issues to be real conservative on just like Bush so he can get in the White House. It won't work . People can see through that . MaCain was a ok until got the party message and approved of everything Bush has done . I liked him better when he was his own man and stood up to Bush. FishHawk
Old 11-29-2007, 08:20 AM   #4
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Mitt blew it last night... too bad nobody actually watches the debate or he'd really be screwed... He looked like a retard humping a doorknob trying to back-peddle on the gays in the military question....

McCain was my favorite R (which is like saying my favorite sadomasochist dentist to go see for a cleaning) but he would have been my pick over Kerry last time around if he had gotten the nod over GWB... of course since then he has decided to pander to the religious right, and I lost a lot of respect for him...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-29-2007, 08:44 AM   #5
spence

I was for gays in the military when we were at peace, but it's different that we're at war.

Like WTF???

-spence
Old 11-29-2007, 09:06 AM   #6
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I was for gays in the military when we were at peace, but it's different that we're at war.

Like WTF???

-spence

Hillary must have been busy, otherwise she could have asked it. Little egg on the face of the CNN folk this morning?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7085.html

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 11-29-2007, 09:13 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko View Post
Hillary must have been busy, otherwise she could have asked it. Little egg on the face of the CNN folk this morning?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7085.html
I don't know why people are making such a fuss over these potential "plants" in the debates. Unless it's just another angle to bash Clinton cause they're so scared to run against her

They are asking really good questions...

-spence
Old 11-29-2007, 09:39 AM   #8
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Lightbulb

never liked Mitt Romney. never stood for anything. says one thing, track record says another altogether.

if he had balls and acted like a real mormon, more people would like him.

i liked that Rudy got booed last night too.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/pol...ef=videosearch

Old 11-29-2007, 10:45 AM   #9
Bronko

Quote:
I don't know why people are making such a fuss over these potential "plants" in the debates. Unless it's just another angle to bash Clinton cause they're so scared to run against her

They are asking really good questions...

-spence
She is such a despicable human being. How does she keep her balls in her panties?

This was the little ditty her "agents" leaked last week when Hussein Obama made a surge in the polls.

Hillary vs. Obama
by Robert Novak
Posted: 11/17/2007

Agents of Sen. Hillary Clinton are spreading the word in Democratic circles that she has scandalous information about her principal opponent for the party's presidential nomination, Sen. Barack Obama, but has decided not to use it. The nature of the alleged scandal was not disclosed.

This word-of-mouth among Democrats makes Obama look vulnerable and Clinton look prudent. It comes during a dip for the front-running Clinton after she refused to take a stand on New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer's now discarded plan to give driver's licenses to illegal aliens.

Experienced Democratic political operatives believe Clinton wants to avoid a repetition of 2004, when attacks on each other by presidential candidates Howard Dean and Richard Gephardt were mutually destructive and facilitated John Kerry's nomination.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 11-29-2007, 10:49 AM   #10
spence

Quote:
She is such a despicable human being. How does she keep her balls in her panties?

This was the little ditty her "agents" leaked last week when Hussein Obama made a surge in the polls.

Hillary vs. Obama
by Robert Novak
Posted: 11/17/2007

Agents of Sen. Hillary Clinton are spreading the word in Democratic circles that she has scandalous information about her principal opponent for the party's presidential nomination, Sen. Barack Obama, but has decided not to use it. The nature of the alleged scandal was not disclosed.

This word-of-mouth among Democrats makes Obama look vulnerable and Clinton look prudent. It comes during a dip for the front-running Clinton after she refused to take a stand on New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer's now discarded plan to give driver's licenses to illegal aliens.

Experienced Democratic political operatives believe Clinton wants to avoid a repetition of 2004, when attacks on each other by presidential candidates Howard Dean and Richard Gephardt were mutually destructive and facilitated John Kerry's nomination.
Wow, so it's ok for the GOP to swiftboat any number of Democratic and even Republican candidates, but when Hillary plays hardball you find it objectionable?

I'd think you'd admire this about her.

Oh, and I find your intentional use of "Hussein" more than a bit redneck. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable if our next President was a white male named John, George or Bill...like pretty much all of them were

-spence
Old 11-29-2007, 11:12 AM   #11
stripersnipr

Quote:
Oh, and I find your intentional use of "Hussein" more than a bit redneck. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable if our next President was a white male named John, George or Bill...like pretty much all of them were

-spence
Using the mans full name is "Redneck"? Are his first and last name off-limits too? Would Candidate X be within proper limits? You really need to keep us up on proper PC etiquette so we dont offend and be subject to name calling. (Bold print was in no way meant to offend anyone who is sensitive to it.)

The beatings will continue until morale improves
Old 11-29-2007, 11:22 AM   #12
stripersnipr

Quote:
Wow, so it's ok for the GOP to swiftboat any number of Democratic and even Republican candidates, but when Hillary plays hardball you find it objectionable?

-spence
Seeing that you're tossing the "Swiftboat" term around loosely, any idea why nobody has collected T. Boone Pickins one million dollar reward to anyone who can disprove a single fact in his book?

Last edited by stripersnipr; 11-29-2007 at 12:06 PM..

Old 11-29-2007, 11:38 AM   #13
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I am a fan of the businessman for president concept and was sort of interested in Mitt althogh I canno name one thing he did for Mass. I did not watch the debate and havent heard any commentary other than your posts above.

Spence and Bryan, good for you guys watching the debate. At least you are open minded.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-29-2007, 11:43 AM   #14
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Always open minded, thats why I;m not a republican

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-29-2007, 12:01 PM   #15
Bronko

Quote:

I'd think you'd admire this about her.

-spence
You have officially lost your mind good sir. "Redneck" would be if I made a name up or called him some "typical" islamo-facist sounding name in order to attempt to degrade him..... I am merely calling him by his God/Allah given name. Similiar to Walker Bush or Jefferson Clinton.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:18 PM   #16
spence

Quote:
You have officially lost your mind good sir. "Redneck" would be if I made a name up or called him some "typical" islamo-facist sounding name in order to attempt to degrade him..... I am merely calling him by his God/Allah given name. Similiar to Walker Bush or Jefferson Clinton.
Nah, it's your emphasis that gets you.

You probably don't even know you're doing it

-spence
Old 11-29-2007, 12:19 PM   #17
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

There is only one reason why a republican is allowed to become governor in Massachusetts. So the democrats, namely speaker of the house, currently Dimasi (sic), used to be Finneran ( the convicted felon now) can keep actually running the commonwealth. Does anyone actually think in Massachusetts a republican governor would be allowed to accomplish anything meaningful. A democratic governor is a threat to the leadership, because he might actually garner support behind a bill that the leadership isn't backing.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 11-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #18
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr View Post
Seeing that you're tossing the "Swiftboat" term around loosely, any idea why nobody has collected T. Boone Pickins one million dollar reward to anyone who can disprove a single fact in his book?
Because it's a stupid publicity stunt.

Same old #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney tactic of saying anything you want, then claiming it must be true because nobody has disproven it.

What a crock.

-spence
Old 11-29-2007, 12:25 PM   #19
stripersnipr

Quote:
Because it's a stupid publicity stunt.

Same old #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney tactic of saying anything you want, then claiming it must be true because nobody has disproven it.

What a crock.

-spence
You mean there's not a single person, who'd be willing to become party to "a stupid publicity stunt" for a million bucks?. I bet there is.......if it was possible.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:34 PM   #20
spence

Quote:
You mean there's not a single person, who'd be willing to become party to "a stupid publicity stunt" for a million bucks?. I bet there is.......if it was possible.
Didn't John Kerry himself offer to drop the gloves and it was Pickens who cried foul?

Good Lord, could some of the SwiftVet accusations actually not be true!

Have you been living a fantasy lie for the past 3 years?

What will you do?

-spence
Old 11-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #21
stripersnipr

Last I heard on the matter Kerry was vowing to disprove the alleged facts and donate the million to charity. That would send a clear, effective message to the doubters and be an honorable thing to do. What's taking him?

Old 11-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #22
stripersnipr

Quote:
Didn't John Kerry himself offer to drop the gloves and it was Pickens who cried foul?

Good Lord, could some of the SwiftVet accusations actually not be true!

Have you been living a fantasy lie for the past 3 years?

What will you do?

-spence
Yes I think some of the accusations may be false, just waiting for someone to seize the opportunity given them to prove them false. If you hjold the position that some of the accusations are false you are also conceeding some are true. Good for you, you're coming around!

Old 11-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #23
spence

Quote:
Last I heard on the matter Kerry was vowing to disprove the alleged facts and donate the million to charity. That would send a clear, effective message to the doubters and be an honorable thing to do. What's taking him?
Yes, and Pickens responded by instantly trying to change the scope of his initial offer. What a (filthy rich) looser...

I think Kerry has certainly left himself open to critics on his Vietnam record, but the smear campaign against him is a disgusting insult to everyone who fought in Vietnam.

Haven't multiple reviews of his medals by even the military shown his story is consistent?

Don't all but one of his surviving crewmates support the view he deserved them?

Simply pathetic.

-spence
Old 11-29-2007, 01:10 PM   #24
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

who cares.

john kerry is a communist phaggot any way you slice it.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:15 PM   #25
stripersnipr

Quote:
I think Kerry has certainly left himself open to critics on his Vietnam record, but the smear campaign against him is a disgusting insult to everyone who fought in Vietnam.

-spence
I know very many Vietnam vets who think the smearing of Kerry was just even before the Swiftboat allegations. And none of them are insulted in the slightest.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #26
spence

Quote:
I know very many Vietnam vets who think the smearing of Kerry was just even before the Swiftboat allegations. And none of them are insulted in the slightest.
That's not the point.

-spence
Old 11-29-2007, 03:39 PM   #27
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

focus on the future, lets not open that can of worms again.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-29-2007, 03:58 PM   #28
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
focus on the future, lets not open that can of worms again.
Yea, but it was just in the news the other day

-spence