Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #31
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

HUH??

Occupy L.A. receives offer to decamp - latimes.com

"The proposals were received with a mix of excitement, anger and disbelief among protesters, many of whom did not know that members of the camp were in negotiations with city officials.

"I don't appreciate people appointing themselves to represent me, to represent us," one woman called out during the assembly. "Who was in those meetings?""

"I have made it clear that there are some people who would want to stay and others who want to take that offer," he said, adding that the offer of office space will remain even if some "stay here and decide to get arrested."

So they're going to give them office space for WHAT?

I didn't think it was any more legal to camp out, molest kids, stab, kill, openly defecate and have dirty sex inside an office building than out?
Old 11-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #32
albin35
Pembroke MA

occupy

I was not going to comment hear any longer but thought this was funny.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	occupySB.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	49342  
Old 11-23-2011, 05:10 AM   #33
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Occupy protests cost nation's cities at least $13M - Yahoo! News

""We're here fighting corporate greed and they're worried about a lawn?" said Clark Davis of Occupy Los Angeles, where the city estimates that property damage to a park has been $200,000."

Yea a lawn that you should be made to make whole again

AT YOUR #^&#^&#^&#^&ING EXPENSE!
Old 11-23-2011, 05:15 AM   #34
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

"As a policemen I love it..The overtime alone at San Francisco State ( 1968) allowed me to send my three children to college....Only the smart survive!"
Old 11-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #35
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Yesterday they hired the homeless to sit in for them.

Then this.

'Zombie' protester arrested for trespassing at Capital City Mall Friday | PennLive.com

What exactly are they protesting again?
Old 11-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #36
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
What exactly are they protesting again?
How corporate influence over our political process is rigging the game in favor of the wealthy.

-spence
Old 11-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #37
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

There it goes spinning up LOL
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #38
Raven

they are so......... not hippies
Old 11-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
How corporate influence over our political process is rigging the game in favor of the wealthy.

-spence
Ah Spence is concerned that "corporations" wield too much political influence. Spence, are you equally concerned about the politicalinfluence bought by public labor unions? Those unions elect politicians who will reward the union with stupid benefits, which we have to pay for with ever-rising property taxes. Every town and state in the country is now buckling under the weight of those insane promises.

In my opinion, the labor unions have had a more detrimental impact on my personal finances than any corporation. In the end, corporations don't get any money from me unless I choose to give it to them. The teachers union takes my money by force of law, force they bought with campaign contributions. In an unbelieveble case of hypocrisy, liberals show no concern when liberal groups engage in the same practice.

Spence, can you please enlighhten me as to why that is?
Old 11-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #40
basswipe

Occupy this!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	309740_2283227523547_1334612075_32197483_178403678_n.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	49380  
Old 11-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #41
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Norman great picture
Old 11-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #42
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

After raids, Wall Street protesters shift tactics - WSJ.com

25 tons and $1million to clean up their bull#^&#^&#^&#^&
Old 12-01-2011, 08:15 AM   #43
scottw

funny isn't it??

harkening back to the various Obama events leading up to and including the innauguration...the common feature in the aftermath was piles and piles of garbage left for others to attend to...now the common feature of OCCUPY seems to be trash and filth strewn in public places left for others to deal with...

aren't these the same leftist people that lecture about being "GREEN"...environmentally concious and good stewards of our surroundings?

what does it tell you about a group of people that not only expect someone else to provide stuff for them in the form of other people's money and hard work but also expect others to clean up the mess that they leave whenever they get the urge to camp out in public places and overstay their welcome and eviction notices ?

THESE OCCUPIERS ARE "EXCACTLY" LIKE THE TEA PARTY
Old 12-01-2011, 08:17 AM   #44
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
In the end, corporations don't get any money from me unless I choose to give it to them.
Except when a company pays close to no income tax by skirting laws, loopholes etc.. then we all pay, no?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #45
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Now they're saying 30 tons in LA. That is a ridiculous amount of stuff.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #46
detbuch

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 12-01-2011 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: Fixed Link
Old 12-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #47
detbuch

Sorry for the error in the above post. Not good at inserting links, etc. Just google "Adam Corolla trashes occupy wallstreet in epic rant." Just a point of view. I'm sure not everybody will agree with him, but a lot probably do.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:06 AM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Except when a company pays close to no income tax by skirting laws, loopholes etc.. then we all pay, no?
You are 100% correct. I'll say 2 things. First, I don't know how often that happens. Second, if what you describe amounts to a big deal, I wonder why the Obama administration didn't fix that during his first 2 years, when the Democrats controlled the House, and had a fillibuster-proof majority in the Senate? Can't blame that on the GOP.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #49
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Can't blame that on the GOP.
I blame it equally on both.

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #50
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Thumbs up Go Joe!

I know one thing, if Joe Biden didn't keep his mouth shut, and say in regard to the protest about the lack of jobs all over Europe, "thats going to be happening here shortly", then these dumb-ass occupiers wouldn't be there. So it kinda makes you think that it was instigated by those in office to make whats going on less terrible. Sort of a "wag the dog" war/protest movement.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 12-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #51
lurch
You rang?

Occupy Race Point during plover season! I have a feeling that "the special people" would have less tolerance for us fisherman.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #52
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch View Post
Occupy Race Point during plover season! I have a feeling that "the special people" would have less tolerance for us fisherman.
The people "protecting" the plovers are the supposed 1%.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #53
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:

-spence
I heard a leader/organizer voice that opinion while being interviewed.The interviewer then asked - "So in 2008, Corporations wanted a democrat leadership and voted in Obama and then 2 yrs later the corporations changed their mind and wanted a GOP leadership resulting in a massive turnover of the house of reps? How do you explain the huge swings we have seen in dems/repubs if its corporations rigging the system?"
The occupy leader couldnt respond.......

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 12-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #54
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I heard a leader/organizer voice that opinion while being interviewed.The interviewer then asked - "So in 2008, Corporations wanted a democrat leadership and voted in Obama and then 2 yrs later the corporations changed their mind and wanted a GOP leadership resulting in a massive turnover of the house of reps? How do you explain the huge swings we have seen in dems/repubs if its corporations rigging the system?"
The occupy leader is an idiot then because it's pretty simple to understand if you remove the partisan-fueled bias... Corporations are in the pockets of every politician. The current and previous administrations both had the energy sector in their pocket - one was oil, the other solar.

Our government is a joke because it's run with the same inefficiencies and mentality as Unions - seniority rules, don't try to change the status quo and you'd better assimilate into the Good 'Ol Boy's Club and how they run things. If I had it my way, 90% of the incumbents would be voted out and term limits would also be put into place.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #55
spence

Quote:
Why would corporations favor one party over the other?

-spence
Old 12-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #56
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
If I had it my way, 90% of the incumbents would be voted out and term limits would also be put into place.
You just tapped into my Voting Strategy....if they have an "I" next to their name....I don't vote for them....sick of them all.....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #57
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Why would corporations favor one party over the other?

-spence
exactly the point. If the Occupy movement believes corporations have so much control, how come we have so many massive swings in power?

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 12-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #58
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
exactly the point. If the Occupy movement believes corporations have so much control, how come we have so many massive swings in power?
The exact same thing could be said for the influence of the Unions....

Bryan

Old 12-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #59
JohnnyD

Quote:
I don't think you can conflate the two together.

Corporations aren't the ones that vote. They get deep into the politician's pocket once the politician gets to office.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #60
spence

Quote:
I think that's more a reflection on how politically charged our system has become. Pragmatic solutions are politically dangerous inside the beltway. As such, there's less constructive activity and people naturally gravitate to the minority party...which in a few years becomes the majority.

Lather rinse repeat.

-spence