Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-05-2018, 08:10 AM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Eagles grounded

Love the Philly's mayors response to Trump cancelling the low turnout for his superbowl party.

"The Eagles call the birthplace of our democracy home, so it's no surprise that this team embodies everything that makes our country and our city great. Their athletic accomplishments on the field led to an historic victory this year," Kenney said.
"Disinviting them from the White House only proves that our President is not a true patriot, but a fragile egomaniac obsessed with crowd size and afraid of the embarrassment of throwing a party to which no one wants to attend," he later said in the statement.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:55 AM   #2
Sea Dangles

Sums it up nicely
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-05-2018, 09:56 AM   #3
spence

And as if on cue Fox is just making stuff up.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-n...praying-2018-6
Old 06-05-2018, 11:46 AM   #4
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
And as if on cue Fox is just making stuff up.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-n...praying-2018-6

So airing a photo of something other than the exact thing the news is speaking of is making stuff up, wow.
It looks to me like no different than when Fox news did a piece on some Sig Sauer pistols and showed a photo of a pistol, except it was not a Sig Sauer, it was a photo of a Glock 17. people make mistakes in rushing thru their jobs, just like legislatures do in rushing thru passing laws. One has much more dire consequences than the other.

And if you consider that is making stuff up, I am not sure if your not adding in a little bias to that or not.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:48 AM   #5
zimmy

I love this quote from the greatest Patriot of all time:

"Imagine wanting to please the boss so very badly that you run stills of guys knelt down PRAYING during pregame. Not one Eagles player knelt for the anthem this yr. Keep carrying his water to sow division while misrepresenting Christian men. Aren’t many of your viewers.. nevermind"

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:56 AM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
So airing a photo of something other than the exact thing the news is speaking of is making stuff up, wow.
Trump made up (i.e. lied) an excuse that the issue was about protesting the National Anthem which I don't believe any Eagles players were seen doing the entire season. Fox then takes pics of Eagles players praying to use in context of Trump's remark.

I can't believe you're making me defend the Eagles.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:13 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump made up (i.e. lied) an excuse that the issue was about protesting the National Anthem which I don't believe any Eagles players were seen doing the entire season. Fox then takes pics of Eagles players praying to use in context of Trump's remark.

I believe you are correct, I don't believe the Eagles were kneeling, and if they weren't, Trump and Foxnews shouldn't be saying they are.

I'd like to hear from the many players who said they weren't going, explain why. That would probably be entertaining. I assume they didn't like the way he called out the league, and that he hurt the league, which he did.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:17 PM   #8
PaulS

Fox news apologized for the mistake. Do we accept this?
Old 06-05-2018, 12:18 PM   #9
zimmy

Quote:

#FLYEAGLESFLY
Trump made up stuff (there's a first for everything ). Faux took unrelated pictures (since none exist to support the story) and misrepresented what was happening in them to support the BS story. The definition of faux news. Sad thing is how many people will have moved on from the bs story without an inkling that it was bogus.

In other news, Hillary is running a child exploitation ring out of a DC pizza shop

Old 06-05-2018, 12:28 PM   #10
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

I'd like to hear from the many players who said they weren't going, explain why. That would probably be entertaining. .
I know it is hard to believe that football players *cough cough* could have intelligent, un-entertaining thoughts, but pretty sure at least one or two fire a neuron.

Chris Long in February when asked of his reasons:

“Who were the fine people on the side of the Nazis and KKK that gathered in my hometown the day a terrorist put 20 ppl in the hospital? Why reference the hatred and bigotry on “many sides” that day? Why didn’t you immediately denounce them?”

Torry Smith:“For me, it’s not just about politics…this isn’t something that I personally feel inclined to be involved with…I respect the office, but often times we hold our athletes and entertainers to higher standards than we hold the President of the United States. To me it’s about doing the right thing, it’s not about choosing sides or anything, it’s simply about right and wrong.”

Malcolm Jenkins: "This is a celebratory event where we come, the President comes in, shakes a couple hands, takes a picture and leaves. And I'm just not interested in that," says Jenkins, a long-time advocate of criminal justice reform.
"It's just not worth my time," ..."I'd rather spend my time working with whoever on these issues that we've been fighting for. That's just my personal decision.Jenkins says he would "definitely consider meeting Trump" if the visit involved talking about improving the criminal justice system.
"Where that work is is where I'll be," he says

Old 06-05-2018, 12:43 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Fox news apologized for the mistake. Do we accept this?
Accept it or not, I'm not dishonest enough to deny that they are biased. I can be critical of my side.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:13 PM   #12
spence

First time I've ever liked Lebron.

http://www.businessinsider.com/lebro...e-house-2018-6
Old 06-05-2018, 03:19 PM   #13
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:

I’m not making you defend anyone

Sorry

Thanks for explaining
Sounds like fox may or may not have misrepresented something. I guess they apologized. Good

Too bad the Eagles players chose to not go to the WH
They may have had an opportunity to speak up.

I am not surprised by anything Trump says anymore, just as I was not surprised by Obama. They are who they are

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:53 PM   #14
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I am not surprised by anything Trump says anymore, just as I was not surprised by Obama. They are who they are
How some people find parity on this, regardless of ideology, is really astounding.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:38 PM   #15
zimmy

Quote:
How some people find parity on this, regardless of ideology, is really astounding.
Alternate reality, alternate facts go hand in hand