Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-01-2020, 04:47 PM   #1
RickBomba

Trumble Grumbles

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/01/polit...rus/index.html

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 08-01-2020, 04:49 PM   #2
RickBomba

What a mliqu
Toast.

Sally
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-01-2020, 04:55 PM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
"Indefinite school closures will inflict lasting harm to our nation's children," Trump said. "We must follow the science, get students safely back to school while protecting children, teachers, staff and family."

Sounds reasonable.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:01 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

WHAT something Trump said Detbuch feels is reasonable, OMG what a revelation��. I’ve got several teacher friends and neighbors who a scared at what this administration is pushing, thankfully our governor is ignoring the BS dribbling down from the top.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:25 PM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
WHAT something Trump said Detbuch feels is reasonable, OMG what a revelation��. I’ve got several teacher friends and neighbors who a scared at what this administration is pushing, thankfully our governor is ignoring the BS dribbling down from the top.
You don't think this is reasonable?--"Indefinite school closures will inflict lasting harm to our nation's children," Trump said. "We must follow the science, get students safely back to school while protecting children, teachers, staff and family."
Old 08-01-2020, 06:03 PM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

That’s rich we should follow the science coming from someone who dismisses the science.😆
Old 08-01-2020, 06:13 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
That’s rich we should follow the science coming from someone who dismisses the science.😆
He doesn't dismiss the science. That notion is just another one of your original thoughts that you impart to us by just saying it.

So, does "that's rich" equate to "reasonable?
Old 08-01-2020, 06:18 PM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

So amusing watching you defend this moron!
Old 08-01-2020, 06:22 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
So amusing watching you defend this moron!
You're welcome. I try to be a reasonable and friendly person.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:36 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump strategy: 1. if you don’t like the facts, say they are fake or a hoax. 2. label the messenger with adolescent adjectives. 3. distract us with a shiny new object. But then came COVID & 1, 2 & 3 not working so well. And we see the emperor has had no clothes all along.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:04 AM   #11
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump strategy: 1. if you don’t like the facts, say they are fake or a hoax. 2. label the messenger with adolescent adjectives. 3. distract us with a shiny new object. But then came COVID & 1, 2 & 3 not working so well. And we see the emperor has had no clothes all along.
Is "strategy" different than "plan"? You vacillate from he has no plan to his government by the seat of pants to he has various strategies. And you cleverly fill in the details of all of his plans and no plans and strategies and pant seats. You seem to have some strategical planning on how to characterize Trump that shifts to suit the moment. It's like you're some kind of propaganda coordinator fiction writer.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:37 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

We should talk about Tweety's obvious mental illness the same way we talk about Kanye's.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
My visits last week to Texas and Frorida had massive numbers of cheering people gathered along the roads and highways, thousands and thousands, even bigger (by far) than the crowds of 2016. Saw no Biden supporters, and yet some in the Fake News said it was an equal number. Sad!
8:46 AM · Aug 3, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
2h
96% Approval Rating in the Republican Party. 50% in new Rasmussen Poll (higher than Obama at this point in time). Thank you!

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-03-2020, 11:07 AM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
We should talk about Tweety's obvious mental illness
Probably just my bias, but you're at least as, or more, obviously deranged than Tweety. You post almost as daily as he tweets. Maybe you should be called Posty.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:46 AM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Probably just my bias, but you're at least as, or more, obviously deranged than Tweety. You post almost as daily as he tweets. Maybe you should be called Posty.
Far less than Tweety and equal to you at best.
Both quantities are easy to find and validate.
http://www.trumptwitterarchive.com/archive

I'm glad to say that it is a sign of encouraging progress that now the debate on the right is no longer over whether to embrace Trumpism, but over how best to rid ourselves of it. Keep speaking up. We’re moving the needle and leaving you with Tweety and the rest of the russian enablers.

Your choice

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-03-2020, 01:02 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Far less than Tweety and equal to you at best.
Both quantities are easy to find and validate.
http://www.trumptwitterarchive.com/archive

I'm glad to say that it is a sign of encouraging progress that now the debate on the right is no longer over whether to embrace Trumpism, but over how best to rid ourselves of it. Keep speaking up. We’re moving the needle and leaving you with Tweety and the rest of the russian enablers.

Your choice
We on the so-called right can rely on you to tell us what our debate is. Not only will you tell us, but you will debate it for us.
Old 08-03-2020, 01:36 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
We on the so-called right can rely on you to tell us what our debate is. Not only will you tell us, but you will debate it for us.
Just remember how Tweety's denial, blaming and deflection has changed the conversation away from the virus and his failed response, that you and he claim he was not responsible for.

The United States makes up less than 5% (1/20th) of global population. There’s absolutely no excuse for our country having 1/4th of the world’s COVID-19 cases & 1/5th of the world’s deaths. The death tally, especially, contradicts the claims that testing has inflated our numbers.

Serious question: If you were asked to articulate the U.S. government's plan for stopping the spread of coronavirus, could you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-03-2020, 02:20 PM   #17
detbuch

Quote:
Just remember how Tweety's denial, blaming and deflection has changed the conversation away from the virus and his failed response, that you and he claim he was not responsible for.

I haven't noticed that the conversation has changed away from the virus. But if you say so, it must be so. You are an expert. Obviously, I must rescind whatever it is you claim that I claimed. You are an expert.

Not.

The United States makes up less than 5% (1/20th) of global population. There’s absolutely no excuse for our country having 1/4th of the world’s COVID-19 cases & 1/5th of the world’s deaths. The death tally, especially, contradicts the claims that testing has inflated our numbers.

There is no other population that is as diverse, unmanageable, independent, intransigent, resistant, obstinate, uncooperative, noncompliant, confrontational, challenging, aggressive, belligerent, pugnacious, bellicose, combative, as the American population. The numbers and percentage game with a population like that, and within the battleground of a nastily divided government which reflects its population in its resistance to the opposing party, may actually make those numbers look pretty reasonable. Amazing that we have done so well, considering what we are.

Serious question: If you were asked to articulate the U.S. government's plan for stopping the spread of coronavirus, could you?
There was supposedly a plan in place but was dormant and had not really been followed by any level of federal or state government or by regulatory agencies for a decade, which the administration was able to restore and tweak. I don't think any of us believe that the politicians were the ones who could do anything other than supervise over the plan. The details, logically, would be up to various "experts," especially in pandemic and epidemiological research and control, as well as the empowered regulatory agencies who should have been maintaining the plan all along but were not.

Of course you, as an expert, insist that Trump botched all of that, even the things which the President was not responsible for. And there is nothing that can be said to the contrary that will stop you from repeating, ad nauseum, that Trump effed it all up. That seems to be your "plan" or "strategy"--keep saying the Trump doesn't have a plan, that he messed up the plan, that's it's all about Trump.
Old 08-03-2020, 02:48 PM   #18
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
He doesn't dismiss the science. That notion is just another one of your original thoughts that you impart to us by just saying it.

Come on, man. You are more intelligent than that. Not only has he dismissed science, he has and will dismiss anything and anyone who might get in the way of his possible re-election. To even question him is a sign of not being loyal, in his mind.

detbuch, why don't you post a video when you go get your injection of his hydroxychloroquin Then we'll talk.

Look, I am far far from anything close to being a lefty or Democrat. And I don't have much hope for a Biden led administration bringing us much closer to center, nor a stronger presence worldwide. But this guy... He is nuts. He has to go!

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 08-03-2020, 02:55 PM   #19
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

What Ross just said is spot on, but the minions will defend to the bitter end and here is another perfect assessment of this administration, one I agree with.

“Donald Trump is the most anti-science and anti-environment president we’ve ever had,” said Douglas Brinkley, a presidential historian at Rice University. The president’s actions, he said, have eroded one of the United States’s most enviable assets: the government’s deep scientific expertise, built over decades. “It’s extraordinarily crazy and reckless,” he said.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 08-03-2020 at 04:27 PM..
Old 08-03-2020, 05:24 PM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Come on, man. You are more intelligent than that. Not only has he dismissed science, he has

"dismiss science" is a sweeping generalization. His success in building the various structures and resorts depended on a lot of science. "Donald Trump doesn't just have a private jet—he has a private air fleet. Along with his giant Boeing 757, Trump also has an array of personal helicopters. He recently upgraded one of his personal choppers to a Sikorsky S-76, the manufacturer's top-of-the-line for private aviation." Such a fleet depends on a whole lot of science to build.

To say that he has dismissed science is ridiculous. He may have agreed with some science as opposed to other science. Scientists are always disagreeing with each other.

What has he dismissed simply because it was science?

and will dismiss anything and anyone who might get in the way of his possible re-election. To even question him is a sign of not being loyal, in his mind.

This is another sweeping generalization. But one that has an intrinsic logic. Very few politicians would not dismiss something or someone that stood in his way of possible reelection.

To even question him is a sign of not being loyal, in his mind.

This is another notion about him that is repeated as if always being completely true. Others who have worked for him say that he bounces off of opposition. That he will pit staff members with opposing ideas against each other in order to bring out the best of both sides. That his loyalty is to success. And that his persona, ego, is characterized by the drive to succeed. And he expects his staff to have the same loyalty to success. Ideas he believes will lead to failure are not suffered. It's not directly and only about loyalty to himself, but to the success of a project. Obviously, that success will accrue to him, and, as well to his whole team.

detbuch, why don't you post a video when you go get your injection of his hydroxychloroquin Then we'll talk.

If I wasn't pre-disposed to atrial fibrillation, and I wanted to create some immunity to the Cytokine Storm that can be caused by Covid, I would ask the doctor to prescribe me the hydroxi cocktail.

Trump's endorsement of it is not a dismissal of science. The Science of it re the virus has not definitively been determined. Many doctors recommend and prescribe it to patients. South Korea and Taiwan, the supposedly two most successful countries against the virus use the hydroxi cocktail in their protocol.

Hydroxi's greatest enemy re the virus was Trump's endorsement.
Once that happened, it had to be demonized by anti-Trumpers.

Look, I am far far from anything close to being a lefty or Democrat. And I don't have much hope for a Biden led administration bringing us much closer to center, nor a stronger presence worldwide. But this guy... He is nuts. He has to go!
And I don't enjoy defending Trump. I would rather be talking about more important politics. And what do you mean by "he is nuts"? Do you mean clinically insane. That's ridiculous. There has been no actual psychological test on Trump to determine that.

If you mean something vague like goofy, unpredictable, etc., he doesn't seem any goofier than the current leading Democrats. And anti-Trumpers like to say he's unpredictable, yet like to predict what he'll say or do or what harm he'll cause, or he has no plan but he has a strategy.

A lot of stuff is just said about Trump. Most of it political rhetoric. And intended to paint him as the undefinable "nuts" you mentioned.

But, as I've said over and over, it's not about Trump for me. We are wasting precious time talking about the wrong thing. I am far more concerned about the nutty, destructive, Progressivism that you will have to vote for in order for this Trump nut that you say "has to go."
Old 08-03-2020, 05:40 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Wow!
Old 08-03-2020, 05:57 PM   #22
spence

Quote:
Wow!
He just jumped the shark. (Again)
Old 08-03-2020, 06:08 PM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I think he just proved he is as NUTS as Trump.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:24 PM   #24
spence

Quote:
He’s a troll. I wouldn’t put too much into it.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:29 PM   #25
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
And I don't enjoy defending Trump. I would rather be talking about more important politics. And what do you mean by "he is nuts"? Do you mean clinically insane. That's ridiculous. There has been no actual psychological test on Trump to determine that.

If you mean something vague like goofy, unpredictable, etc., he doesn't seem any goofier than the current leading Democrats. And anti-Trumpers like to say he's unpredictable, yet like to predict what he'll say or do or what harm he'll cause, or he has no plan but he has a strategy.

A lot of stuff is just said about Trump. Most of it political rhetoric. And intended to paint him as the undefinable "nuts" you mentioned.

But, as I've said over and over, it's not about Trump for me. We are wasting precious time talking about the wrong thing. I am far more concerned about the nutty, destructive, Progressivism that you will have to vote for in order for this Trump nut that you say "has to go."
Stop trying to blow smoke up my azz. How is this for political rhetoric? UNFIT FOR THE OFFICE. Plenty of examples. My vote is against him. He already got one vote from me and he has been a horrible, destructive, disappointment

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:57 PM   #26
spence

Quote:
Stop trying to blow smoke up my azz. How is this for political rhetoric? UNFIT FOR THE OFFICE. Plenty of examples. My vote is against him. He already got one vote from me and he has been a horrible, destructive, disappointment
Thank you.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:13 PM   #27
detbuch

Quote:
Wow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He just jumped the shark. (Again)
Quote:
Quote:
He’s a troll. I wouldn’t put too much into it.
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you.
This high level of discourse is unassailable. My better angels tell me to bow out and heed The Dad Fisherman's advice--""If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."

It would be idiotic to try having a discussion with you idiots.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:24 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Two weeks ago, Tweety said he would sign a health care plan in two weeks. He didn't. Tonight he says he will sign a health care plan "hopefully sometimes prior to the end of the month."
Just who does the Stable Genius’s group working on this 00 secret project consist of? Jared and Blovantya?
Old 08-03-2020, 09:05 PM   #29
detbuch

Quote:
Two weeks ago, Tweety said he would sign a health care plan in two weeks. He didn't. Tonight he says he will sign a health care plan "hopefully sometimes prior to the end of the month."
Just who does the Stable Genius’s group working on this 00 secret project consist of? Jared and Blovantya?
Keep stayin' on the case Pete. Track it down and give us the real skinny. At least there's some sort of substance to your reports, as opposed to the above "just sayers."
Old 08-03-2020, 09:17 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Keep stayin' on the case Pete. Track it down and give us the real skinny. At least there's some sort of substance to your reports, as opposed to the above "just sayers."
You’re defending the incompetent occupant while the White House Press Office is on ratings???? They’re #^&#^&#^&#^&ing bragging about their ratings???? 158,000 Americans are dead, millions & millions of Americans can’t make rent or mortgage, and all team Tweety can do is brag about their #^&#^&#^&#^&ing TV ratings???? #^&#^&#^&#^& the Stable Genius and his lemmings

Lets Go Darwin