Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » How To's, F.A.Q.s, Tips, & Tricks

How To's, F.A.Q.s, Tips, & Tricks How-To's, Tips & Tricks plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) **** Please Do Not Start Discussions or Ask New Questions in Here **** This is for popular Threads To be moved here for easy access & discussion. Post all new questions in main Stripertalk Forum

Old 01-17-2006, 12:01 AM   #1
BRfishing

How do you rig your Sluggos?

First post here, awesome web site and I love the how to forum. Just looking to see how everyone rigs their sluggos since it says how to do just about everything else!
BRfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:33 AM   #2
Clogston29
xxx

http://www.surfcasting-rhodeisland.c...g_Sluggos.aspx

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Clogston29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hangin free
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRfishing
First post here, awesome web site and I love the how to forum. Just looking to see how everyone rigs their sluggos since it says how to do just about everything else!
Or another Great way to learn it...

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...497#post342497

Used hard and put away dirty....
reelecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:02 PM   #4
Vectorfisher

I have fished Sluggo's pretty hard for the last couple years and have found that you really need to find what the fish want, some days I can go out in the middle of the day not a cloud in the sky and entice a nice bass to grab one on a fast jittery retrieve, and other days a bump bump followed by a pause allowing it to sink and twirl toward the bottom like a dying baitfish. I have 2 rods set up on with no weight just rigged to the hook and one with a leadhead on the front that I allow to drop to the bottom and bounce up and down off the bottom. It is a lot of fun fishing with them and you don't need to worry about keeping bait alive or any of that, they work killer on the flats. I use mainly white have tried bubble gum and green but have had much more success with white.
Vectorfisher is offline   Reply With Quote