Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-07-2019, 12:33 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Keep It Up, Ilhan Omar

An interesting op-ed from an Israeli reporter, who understands that speaking out against Israel does not make you a Jew hater.

"Maybe Mogadishu will turn out to be the source of hope. This war-torn city was the birthplace of the most promising U.S. congresswoman today.

Ilhan Omar is not only one of the first two female Muslim members of the House of Representatives, she may herald a dramatic change in that body. “Hamas has entered the House,” Roseanne Barr was quick to cry out; “A black day for Israel,” tweeted Donald Trump. Neither Hamas nor a black day, but a glimmer of hope on Capitol Hill.

Maybe, for the first time in history, someone will dare tell the truth to the American people, absorbing scathing accusations of anti-Semitism, without bowing her head. The chances of this happening aren’t great; the savage engine of the Jewish lobby and of Israel’s “friends” is already doing everything it can to trample her.

The president mentioned removing her from the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and Congress was set to pass a resolution, the second in one month, against uttering “anti-Semitic expressions,” specifically aimed at Omar’s statements.

When will Americans and Europeans stop running scared every time someone screams “anti-Semitism”? Until when will Israel and the Jewish establishment succeed in exploiting (the existing) anti-Semitism as a shield against criticism? When will the world dare to distinguish between legitimate criticism of an illegitimate reality and anti-Semitism?

The gap between these two is great. There is anti-Semitism one must fight, and there is criticism of Israel and the Jewish establishment it is imperative to support. Manipulations exercised by the Israeli propaganda machine and the Jewish establishment have managed to make the two issues identical.

This is the greatest success of the Israeli government’s hasbara: Say one critical word about Israel and you’re labeled an anti-Semite. And labeled an anti-Semite, your fate is obvious. Omar has to break this cursed cycle. Is the young representative from Minnesota up for it? Can she withstand the power centers that have already mobilized against her in full force?

Maybe it’s important that she knows there are people in Israel crossing fingers for her?

Her success and that of her congressional colleagues, Rashida Tlaib from Michigan and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez from New York, could be the first swallows that herald the coming of spring. This is the spring of freely expressing opinions about Israel in America. Cortez already asked this week why isn’t bigotry aimed at other groups condemned just like statements against Israel are.

What, after all, has Omar said? That pro-Israel activists demand “allegiance to a foreign country”; that U.S. politicians support Israel because of money they receive from the pro-Israel lobby group AIPAC, and that “Israel hypnotized the world.” What is incorrect in these statements? Why is describing reality considered anti-Semitic?

Jews have immense power in the U.S., far beyond the relative size of their community, and the blind support given by their establishment to Israel raises legitimate questions regarding dual loyalty. Their power derives from their economic success, their organizational skills and the political pressure they exert. Omar dared to speak about this.

Just imagine what Israelis and Jews would feel if Muslim Americans had the same political, economic and cultural power Jews have. Such power, above all the intoxication with power that has seized hold of the Jewish establishment, comes with a price. Omar and her colleagues are trying to collect on it.

Due to the Israel lobby, the U.S. does not know the truth about what is happening here. Congress members, senators and shapers of public opinion who are flown here ad nauseam see only Israeli victimhood and Palestinian terror, which apparently emerged out of nowhere. Islamists, Qassam rockets and incendiary balloons – not a word about occupation, expropriation, refugees and military tyranny. Questions such as where the money goes and whether it serves American interests are considered heresy. When talking about Israel one must not ask questions or raise doubts.

This cycle has to be broken as well. It’s not right and it’s not good for the Jews. Omar is now trying to introduce a new discourse to Congress and to public opinion. Thanks to her and her colleagues there is a chance for a change in America. From Israel we send her our wishes for success.

When will the world dare to distinguish between legitimate criticism of an illegitimate Israeli reality and anti-Semitism?"

Gideon Levy

Haaretz Correspondent

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-07-2019, 12:46 PM   #2
Sea Dangles

She is not opposed to Jews(nudge,nudge) just that Israel part that bothers her. She is perfect for guys like PeteF.,he admires her honesty...being an honest,straight shooter himself. Pull up a chair....

This is perfect as it is an opinion piece authored by an anti Israeli Jew who supports the Palestinian people. So the fact this unicorn supports this woman,who shares his disdain is actually not close to resembling news. Good for him as his own children have eschewed him for his drivel. Perhaps he will adopt PeteF.,or recruit him to copy and paste more of his musings.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Sea Dangles; 03-07-2019 at 12:55 PM..
Old 03-07-2019, 01:20 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
She is not opposed to Jews(nudge,nudge) just that Israel part that bothers her. She is perfect for guys like PeteF.,he admires her honesty...being an honest,straight shooter himself. Pull up a chair....

This is perfect as it is an opinion piece authored by an anti Israeli Jew who supports the Palestinian people. So the fact this unicorn supports this woman,who shares his disdain is actually not close to resembling news. Good for him as his own children have eschewed him for his drivel. Perhaps he will adopt PeteF.,or recruit him to copy and paste more of his musings.
"the fact this unicorn supports this woman,who shares his disdain is actually not close to resembling news"

Hysterical.

Right, so if Pete can find one person somewhere who disagrees with conservatives, that's evidence that conservatives are wrong. Unless a conservative position is approved by every human being on the planet, that means the conservative is wrong, and probably bigoted, too.

Makes all kinds of sense.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:27 PM   #4
Jim in CT

brilliant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	omar.png
Views:	487
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	66051  
Old 03-07-2019, 02:56 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Hardly a unicorn
There are more than a few people concerned about Palenstine and Israel
How many UN resolutions are there condemning Israel’s actions on the West Bank?
Look beyond the narrow narrative allowed to you by the media and politics.
She was not attacked by just conservatives, so you don’t need to play the victim card.
Though the comment that labels the author “anti Israeli” is telling as it resembles other conservative dog whistles that label people who disagree with the direction of their governments as Un whatever.
Conservative media’s emphasis on the scary Muslims in the House is interesting, since they have little concern about the anti Muslim tropes in the Virginias.
You’re both far more militant about denouncing her than the Israeli media.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:06 PM   #6
scottw

^^^ you crack me up...talk about narrow narratives
Old 03-07-2019, 03:07 PM   #7
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:

That's the most content driven post I have ever seen you make in here... Who logged on to your computer and what have you done with Chris?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 03-07-2019, 04:31 PM   #8
Sea Dangles

Lots of hats, but I don’t copy/paste🙄

Happy Birthday young buck!
Old 03-07-2019, 04:33 PM   #9
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Hardly a unicorn
There are more than a few people concerned about Palenstine and Israel
How many UN resolutions are there condemning Israel’s actions on the West Bank?
Look beyond the narrow narrative allowed to you by the media and politics.
She was not attacked by just conservatives, so you don’t need to play the victim card.
Though the comment that labels the author “anti Israeli” is telling as it resembles other conservative dog whistles that label people who disagree with the direction of their governments as Un whatever.
Conservative media’s emphasis on the scary Muslims in the House is interesting, since they have little concern about the anti Muslim tropes in the Virginias.
You’re both far more militant about denouncing her than the Israeli media.
You are every bit the clown whom you target. A petty baby! 🍼

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-07-2019, 06:18 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You are every bit the clown whom you target. A petty baby! 🍼
Ignorance is bliss

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-07-2019, 07:42 PM   #11
Sea Dangles

Looks like this Trump guy is causing some to become a bit unhinged. Get well soon.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:17 AM   #12
wdmso

Any criticism of Israel has been Taboo in US politics for as long as I can remember and considered political suicide and being a Muslim and criticize Israel... you see the blow back

and its red meat for conservatives based on criticising Israel and pro-Israel lobbyists in Washington.

Republican suggesting that Democratic support of her could lead to violence. "Representative Omar embodies a vile, hate-filled, anti-Semitic, anti-Israel bigotry," House Republican Conference Chairwoman Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., said Wednesday. "This is a time for the Democratic leaders in this institution to do the right thing. They should remove her from the House Foreign Affairs Committee. They should stand up to her. They should stop empowering her disgusting hatred before it turns into horror."

Republicans being a bigots in their she's a bigot statement ... reinforcing stereotypes of the violent muslims Amazing

Last edited by wdmso; 03-08-2019 at 02:32 AM..
Old 03-08-2019, 05:49 AM   #13
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Republicans being a bigots in their she's a bigot statement ...
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/07/polit...ion/index.html

Washington (CNN)Democrats have had the majority in the House of Representatives for just two months, but they've already been sidetracked by an ugly divide over anti-Semitism and other bigotry.

USA Today- Freshman Democrat Rep. Ilhan Omar is once again facing criticism and charges of anti-Semitism from her own party's leadership for comments about the political influence of Israel.

On Friday, the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., called on Omar to apologize for "a vile, anti-Semitic slur" she made at a town hall event in Washington, D.C.

Washington Post- House Democratic leadership condemns her comments as 'anti-Semitic tropes'

Keep It Up, Ilhan Omar

not coincidentally, the Labour Party in Great Britain

Chuka Umunna, Luciana Berger, Chris Leslie, Angela Smith, Mike Gapes, Gavin Shuker and Ann Coffey announced their resignations at a press conference.

Ms Berger said she had come to the "sickening conclusion" that the party had become institutionally anti-Semitic and that she was "embarrassed and ashamed" to stay. Ms Berger's supporters, including deputy leader Tom Watson, claims she has been "bullied out of her own party by racist thugs".

Two days later, Joan Ryan quit Labour and joined the new Independent Group of MPs, claiming the party has "become infected with the scourge of anti-Jewish racism".

Ian Austin also left the party, blaming Mr Corbyn for "creating a culture of extremism and intolerance".

Last edited by scottw; 03-08-2019 at 06:03 AM..
Old 03-08-2019, 06:03 AM   #14
wdmso

Still waiting to read these vile comments all I’ve read is people’s interpretation of what she said ... Seem when it comes to Israel any criticism is considered vile

They should stand up to her. They should stop empowering her disgusting hatred before it turns into horror

Now that a vile suggestion against a member of Congress all because she’s a Muslim

A clear reference of violence created by her shocking
Old 03-08-2019, 06:36 AM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

As typical the right wing rhetoric is not based on fact
What Did Ilhan Omar Say? Here’s the Full Transcript of Her Response to a Question about Anti-Semitism
https://ips-dc.org/what-did-ilhan-om...anti-semitism/
Old 03-08-2019, 06:37 AM   #16
Jim in CT

criticizing specific Israeli policy is fine, fair game, not bigoted in any way.

Saying that Israel has hypnotized the world, and thatb it’s all about the benjamin’s, and that people who support Israel aren’t as loyal to the US, are thinly veiled dog whistles if bigotry, explicitly relying on classic anti semitic stereotypes that jews have magical powers and use money to buy allegiance.

I find Cortez amusing. This one...wow.

i wonder what Omar’s position is on gay marriage and homosexuality.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:40 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
As typical the right wing rhetoric is not based on fact
What Did Ilhan Omar Say? Here’s the Full Transcript of Her Response to a Question about Anti-Semitism
https://ips-dc.org/what-did-ilhan-om...anti-semitism/
if it’s a right wing fake thing, why have so many democrats specifically called her out? Hmmm?

Steve King has to go, but her bigotry is acceptable.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:44 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Pete, Ed Randell is the former head of the DNC. He called her out. is he part of the right wing conspiracy? the former head of the dnc?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/for...-name-rep-omar
Old 03-08-2019, 06:55 AM   #19
Sea Dangles

A funny one
First the Dems dig a hole

Then they lay in the hole

Then they blame Republicans for the hole
Old 03-08-2019, 07:04 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

I find Cortez amusing. This one...wow.

I love her outfits...and I love a woman that isn't afraid to speak her mind...I like the sexy, young, crazy democrat women far better then the cranky, old, crazy democrat women....
Old 03-08-2019, 07:59 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
A funny one
First the Dems dig a hole

Then they lay in the hole

Then they blame Republicans for the hole
That's pretty much it.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:27 AM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Here is the transcript, not the three word bit politicians on both sides always get fried for:

This is the transcript of the Rep. Ilhan Omar’s full response to the question about anti-Semitism from the Busboys & Poets event. Her response begins around 1:00:00:

Andy Shallal: [ question about dealing with accusations of anti-Semitism]
Rashida Tlaib – […] this conversation is about human rights for everyone, this conversation around what this looks like is not centered around hate, it’s actually centered around love.

Ilhan Omar – I get emotional every time I hear Rashida, and I think I’m just gonna stop hanging out with her, she’s messing with my [style?].

I know that I have a huge Jewish constituency, and you know, every time I meet with them they share stories of [the] safety and sanctuary that they would love for the people of Israel, and most of the time when we’re having the conversation, there is no actual relative that they speak of, and there still is lots of emotion that comes through because it’s family, right? Like my children still speak of Somalia with passion and compassion even though they don’t have a family member there.

But we never really allow space for the stories of Palestinians seeking safety and sanctuary to be uplifted. And to me, it is the dehumanization and the silencing of a particular pain and suffering of people, should not be ok and normal. And you can’t be in the practice of humanizing and uplifting the suffering of one, if you’re not willing to do that for everyone. And so for me I know that when I hear my Jewish constituents or friends or colleagues speak about Palestinians who don’t want safety, or Palestinians who aren’t deserving I stay focused on the actual debate about what that process should look like. I never go to the dark place of saying “here’s a Jewish person, they’re talking about Palestinians, Palestinians are Muslim, maybe they’re Islamophobic.” I never allow myself to go there because I don’t have to.

And what I am fearful of is that because Rashida and I are Muslim, that a lot of Jewish colleagues, a lot of our Jewish constituents, a lot of our allies, go to thinking that everything we say about Israel, to be anti-Semitic, because we are Muslim. And so to me, it is something that becomes designed to end the debate. Because you get in this space, of like, I know what intolerance looks like and I’m sensitive when someone says that the words you use Ilhan, are resemblance of intolerance. And I am cautious of that and I feel pained by that. But it’s almost as if every single time we say something, regardless of what it is we say, that it’s supposed to about foreign policy or engagement, that our advocacy about ending oppression, or the freeing of every human life and wanting dignity, we get to be labeled in something, and that’s the end of the discussion, because we end up defending that, and nobody gets to have the broader debate of “what is happening with Palestine?” [applause]

So for me, I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is ok for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country. And I want to ask, why is it ok for me to talk about the influence of the NRA, of fossil fuel industries, or Big Pharma, and not talk about a powerful lobby that is influencing policy? [applause] And I want to ask the question, why is it ok for you to push, for you to be… there are so many people… I mean most of us are new, but many members of Congress have been there forever. Some of them have been there before we were born. So I know many of them were fighting for people to be free, for people to live in dignity in South Africa. I know many of them fight for people around the world to have dignity to have self-determination. So I know, I know that they care about these things.

But now that you have two Muslims that are saying “here is a group of people that we want to make sure that they have the dignity that you want everyone else to have!” …we get to be called names, we get to be labeled as hateful. No, we know what hate looks like. We experience it every single day. [applause] We have to deal with death threats. I have colleagues who talk about death threats. And sometimes… there are cities in my state where the gas stations have written on their bathrooms “assassinate Ilhan Omar”. I have people driving around my district looking for my home, for my office, causing me harm. I have people every single day on Fox News and everywhere, posting that I am a threat to this country. So I know what fear looks like. The masjid I pray in in Minnesota got bombed by two domestic white terrorists. So I know what it feels to be someone who is of a faith that is vilified. I know what it means to be someone whose ethnicity that is vilified. I know what it feels to be of a race that is, like I am an immigrant, so I don’t have some of the historical drama of some of my sisters and brothers have in this country, but I know what it means for people to just see me as a black person, and to treat me as less than a human.

And so, when people say “you are bringing hate,” I know what their intention is. Their intention is to make sure that our lights are dimmed. That we walk around with our heads bowed. That we lower our face and our voice. But we have news for people. You can call us any kind of name. You can threaten us any kind of way. Rashida and I are not ourselves. Every single day we walk in the halls of Congress and we have people who have never had the opportunity to walk there walking with us. So we’re here, we’re here to stay and represent all the people who have been silenced for many decades and many generations. And we’re here to fight for the people of our district who want to make sure that there is actual prosperity, actual prosperity, being guaranteed. Because there is a direct correlation between not having clean water, and starting endless wars. It’s all about the profit and who gets benefit. There’s a direct correlation between corporations that are getting rich, and the fact that we have students who are shackled with debt. There is a direct correlation between the White House and the people who are benefiting from detention beds that are profitized. So, what people are afraid of is not that there are two Muslims in Congress. What people are afraid of is that there are two Muslims in Congress that have their eyes wide open, that have their feet to the ground, that know what they’re talking about, that are fearless, and that understand that they have the same election certificate that everyone in Congress does. [applause]

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-08-2019, 08:51 AM   #23
Sea Dangles

Thank you for the cut and paste PeteF. It helps clarify the message of inclusiveness. I wonder why her peers are so opposed.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:54 AM   #24
PaulS

I think the comment about the benjamins was worse and she needs to start watching what she says.

But......it would be nice to see a little consistancy what with the constant vile things Trump says.

Earlier this week, Representative Jim Jordan, Republican of Ohio, accused Representative Jerry Nadler of doing the bidding of the wealthy liberal donor “Tom $teyer,” whose father was Jewish. (To be clear, this tweet counts both as inane AND anti-Semitic,” Nadler responded.) Representative Matt Gaetz, a Florida Republican who is one of Trump’s fiercest defenders, once brought an internet troll who’d denied the Holocaust to the State of the Union. Omar gestured at the idea of dual loyalty, but Donald Trump, speaking to American Jews last December, referred to Israel as “your country.” Indeed, no president has done more to mainstream classically anti-Semitic ideas about an authentic volk at war with parasitical globalists. It’s maddening to watch men who’ve flirted with outright fascism — like former Trump aide Sebastian Gorka, who wore the medal of a Nazi-aligned Hungarian group to one of Trump’s inaugural balls — act like sanctimonious defenders of the Jews.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:00 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I think the comment about the benjamins was worse and she needs to start watching what she says.

But......it would be nice to see a little consistancy what with the constant vile things Trump says.

Right, because Trump always gets a free pass when he says something outrageous.

Where do you get the impression that no one on the right ever holds him accountable?
Old 03-08-2019, 09:41 AM   #26
PaulS

Quote:
Right, because Trump always gets a free pass when he says something outrageous.

Where do you get the impression that no one on the right ever holds him accountable?
Bc the Rep. reps. sit on their hands an might say "that is inaproptiate" then go on giving Tump their undying love. 90% approval for the most vile, lying Pres. (and prob. person) in history. At least she said she is sorry.

This thread is prob. longer than any other thread about bad language and she is a 1st term rep. vs the Pres. of the US.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:53 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Bc the Rep. reps. sit on their hands an might say "that is inaproptiate" then go on giving Tump their undying love. 90% approval for the most vile, lying Pres. (and prob. person) in history. At least she said she is sorry.

This thread is prob. longer than any other thread about bad language and she is a 1st term rep. vs the Pres. of the US.
They sit on their hands? I guess where you get your news, you don't see Republicans routinely criticizing him for his awful comments.

"90% approval for the most vile, lying Pres. (and prob. person) in history"

Do they approve of the lying and vile behavior? Or do they approve of the economy, judicial selections, and handling of ISIS?

"This thread is prob. longer than any other thread about bad language "

It's not about profanity, it's about religious bigotry. Her religion, isn't known for their fondness of the Jews, maybe you heard something about that.

"she is a 1st term rep"

She is an adult who is responsible for her actions.

"vs the Pres. of the US"

Why? What does Trump have to do, with her hatred of Jews?

This is about her.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:07 AM   #28
PaulS

Quote:

"vs the Pres. of the US"

This is about her.
Right but Rep. constantly get free passes. - Jordan, Gaetz, I missed those threads. Can you link them?
Old 03-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
They sit on their hands? I guess where you get your news, you don't see Republicans routinely criticizing him for his awful comments.
I certainly don't see anyone in Congress saying squat. And what I mostly hear is "This all boils down to, he beat them. he beat them at their own game - fighting dirty, lying, smearing, and insulting his opponents. He beat them at their own game, he pulverized them at their own game, by winning the election."

"90% approval for the most vile, lying Pres. (and prob. person) in history"

Do they approve of the lying and vile behavior? Or do they approve of the economy, judicial selections, and handling of ISIS?
See above

"This thread is prob. longer than any other thread about bad language "

It's not about profanity, it's about religious bigotry. Her religion, isn't known for their fondness of the Jews, maybe you heard something about that.
Your prejudice against Muslims shows again, Perhaps a little reflection on what Christianity's views of other religions and history of oppression might change your opinion, but I doubt it

"she is a 1st term rep"

She is an adult who is responsible for her actions.
And she took responsibility and apologized

"vs the Pres. of the US"

Who has NEVER apologized

This is about her.
Go to the wall for Trump as usual

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-08-2019, 10:58 AM   #30
detbuch

Quote:
I certainly don't see anyone in Congress saying squat. And what I mostly hear is "This all boils down to, he beat them. he beat them at their own game - fighting dirty, lying, smearing, and insulting his opponents. He beat them at their own game, he pulverized them at their own game, by winning the election."

It's the first time I heard it expressed succinctly like that--and it's pretty right on. Your "mostly" angle is puzzling. You do seem to have this quantitative "more" meme buzzing in your brain.

Your prejudice against Muslims shows again, Perhaps a little reflection on what Christianity's views of other religions and history of oppression might change your opinion, but I doubt it

Do you have a prejudice against Christians? Why should Jim reflect on Christian views in respect to this Omar matter? And hasn't past Christian oppression been duly criticized and reversed?

And she took responsibility and apologized
Who has NEVER apologized

If you're referring to Trump, I recall that he apologized for his foul language in the Access Hollywood tapes. But requiring him to apologize for phony stuff like his supposedly white supremacist Charlottesville remarks, and Muslim violence in Sweden, etc. is pure politics. It was clear to any honest person that he didn't mean what the left claimed.

And wasn't King removed from his committee assignment for supposed white nationalist remarks?

Go to the wall for Trump as usual
As usual, you want to tear the wall down.