Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #31
Clogston29
xxx

United is flawed and its definately not their best team in recent years (but with a legit shot at a triple that's tough to say) and i wouldn't pick them against barcalona. but i'd give them a fighter's chance at a "neutral" (home) site for the final, especially the way Vidic (if he doesn't get suspended for accumulation of yellows for the final) and Van Der Sar are playing and with Rio Ferdinand getting healthy - tough defense and counter attacking. Referee will probably have a big impact on that game.

chelsea just seams to be making poor decisions lately. the torres deal could set them back alot if he doesn't come around, especially since drogba will probably want out at season's end. if they had spend that money on Suarez (a guy who actually showed up for the World Cup) instead, things might look alot different right now.

Last edited by Clogston29; 04-27-2011 at 07:14 AM..

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Clogston29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:16 AM   #32
Clogston29
xxx

Shalke did not look too impressive yesterday. Strange that they made it this far.

Barcelona - Madrid should be great today. Perfect timing for Verizon to add FSC in HD to the lineup. Noticed it was added half way through the United game yesterday. Made my day for sure.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Old 04-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #33
luds
Night Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogston29 View Post
Shalke did not look too impressive yesterday. Strange that they made it this far.

Barcelona - Madrid should be great today. Perfect timing for Verizon to add FSC in HD to the lineup. Noticed it was added half way through the United game yesterday. Made my day for sure.

Yeah Josh. Shalke 04 has been interesting to watch and definitely a surprise that they made it so far. I can't get over their keeper. His size reminds me of Schmeichel. He is able to get his outlet throws past mid field with ease which is insane.

I'm still furious over RM v. Barca. Say what you will about Mourinho and the defensive/counter attack style of Madrid but there is no way to make an argument that Barca didn't ruin that game. Welll.....maybe Barca and the officials. The straight red was rediculous even if it was Pepe! Barca players grabbing their faces after every challenge and writhing while on the ground made me sick. It's embarrassing that IMO the best team in the world would behave that way. Pedro was the player that made me the most ill. If he's eligible for the final I hope Scholes puts his studs through his nuts. The only thing that was comforting at all was that Messi didn't behave that way. His second goal was beautiful.

The only way the return leg of Madrid Barca will be watchable is if the ref shows yellow for players attempting to influence decisions early on with those rediculous surround the ref tactics.

As pissed as I am at least I can take comfort that I'm not an Arsenal fan.

luds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:35 AM   #34
Clogston29
xxx

talk of united going after that keeper in the off season, certainily fits ferdinand's type of keeper

Old 04-30-2011, 08:33 AM   #35
american spirit
Formerly the_shocker

i had chance to watch both the barca/ madrid and united/ schalke games this week. besides messi, the first was terrible. the second much better, but disappointed in schalke.

barca/madrid was a theatrical mess. is that how those teams usually play?? it was nice to see united after that. good to see guys just taking fouls without complaints and just getting up again. the schalke goalie was the balls. united should have had 3 goals in the first half. impressed with the giggs header save. and another in the first where he just stonewalled someone from united on a break.

any idea how long fox soccer will be offered in the basic cable packages?? perfect timing for games, 8 pm home from work eating dinner, drinking a few beers.
american spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:16 AM   #36
Clogston29
xxx

Big one on saturday. Its my daughter's first B-day, so I'll be DVR'ing it.

Hopefully my man Giggs can put aside his considerable distractions and get it done one more time. He's really doing all he can to live up to the George Best comparisons I guess

Old 06-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #37
luds
Night Stalker

Hit gillette today. Pretty cool to see Torres, Villa, Alonso, Casillas, Reyna, Pique, Ramos etc. In person. They destroyed the US who was resting players for the gold cup though they clearly have no depth.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
luds is offline   Reply With Quote