Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
But that is how your posts constantly come across. It is like if I was petty enough to start a thread "Conservative Classlessness" about the woman who yelled to Santorum to make believe it was Obama when he was at the firing range.

And I didn't see you condem that either - what does that mean?
"But that is how your posts constantly come across."

I can't help how you interpret my posts.

"I didn't see you condem that either - what does that mean?"

Obviously, it means that I had no knowledge of the issue you were referring to.

Paul, I would never say that all liberals are rude, nor would I ever say that all conservatives are polite and respectful. However, in my opinion, when you see things like condoms thrown at Justice Scalia, that type of anarchist, close-minded hate is disproportionately conducted by liberals. And I find that interesting, since liberals claim to be about inclusuion and open-mindedness.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #32
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"But that is how your posts constantly come across."

I can't help how you interpret my posts.

"I didn't see you condem that either - what does that mean?"

Obviously, it means that I had no knowledge of the issue you were referring to. Or possibly you choose to ignore it as I'm sure others on here heard about it and ignored it. (I have no doubt that you did not approve of it and frankly most who heard about it just laughed it off - no big deal) - just as most liberals didn't know about the Scalia incident. The point is each side does things that everyone knows shouldn't be done. But most left leaning don't constantly post things that they attribute to ALL on the right. Your Scalia post started out "Liberal intolerance...." How do you know they were Liberal????.

Paul, I would never say that all liberals are rude, nor would I ever say that all conservatives are polite and respectful. However, in my opinion, when you see things like condoms thrown at Justice Scalia, that type of anarchist, close-minded hate is disproportionately conducted by liberals. And I find that interesting, since liberals claim to be about inclusuion and open-mindedness.
And when I see expressions of violence or racism it is disproportionately conducted by conserv. (and just as you could disagree or come up with many examples, I could also). So if I started a thread called "Conserv. Classlessness" that ranted about the racists at the tea party wouldn't most people assume that I was condeming all the people at those rallies?
Old 03-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
And when I see expressions of violence or racism it is disproportionately conducted by conserv. (and just as you could disagree or come up with many examples, I could also). So if I started a thread called "Conserv. Classlessness" that ranted about the racists at the tea party wouldn't most people assume that I was condeming all the people at those rallies?
I'm curious to know what pattern of "expressions of violence" you attribute to conservatives...I would agree that conservatives are much more pro-gun than liberals...
Old 03-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #34
PaulS

Quote:
I'm curious to know what pattern of "expressions of violence" you attribute to conservatives...I would agree that conservatives are much more pro-gun than liberals...
All the death threats the Pres. has received for example. - the most in history.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
All the death threats the Pres. has received for example. - the most in history.
I have no doubt this President has received the most death threats because of the racial element.

But no rational person supports the act of threatening the President. People who commit that act are crazy, and they go to jail. The kids at Wesleyan who threw condoms at Scalia are not ostracized within the liberal community, their actions are not condemned by the majority of liberals.

Bill Maher is a liberal hero (I say that because extremely influential liberals agree to go on his show, and they don't challenge his lack of civility), and he called Palin a c*nt. David Letterman makes jokes about Palin's teenage daughter getting raped, and the First Lady agrees to go on his show. Yet Rush Limbaugh is being labeled a mysoginist. What does that tell you?
Old 03-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #36
Raven

that she'll stoop that low
Old 03-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #37
PaulS

Quote:

But no rational person supports the act of threatening the President. People who commit that act are crazy, and they go to jail. The kids at Wesleyan who threw condoms at Scalia are not ostracized within the liberal community, their actions are not condemned by the majority of liberals. I haven't seen the majority of cons. making any statement about the woman yelling about making believe that the target is Obama - maybe they agreed w/it? To be fair, I don't think the majority of the cons. think it is ok. But in both our examples, where is the "condemning" suppose to take place? Both you and I agreed the others example isn't appropriate (and in your example I posted like the 2nd or 3rd response and said it wasn't appropriate). The difference is that you posted a thread and said something like "an example of lib. intolerance" and I'm gave you an example to show that the actions of a supposed conserv. comes across just as bad.

Bill Maher is a liberal hero (I say that because extremely influential liberals agree to go on his show, and they don't challenge his lack of civility), and he called Palin a c*nt. David Letterman makes jokes about Palin's teenage daughter getting raped, and the First Lady agrees to go on his show. Yet Rush Limbaugh is being labeled a mysoginist. What does that tell you?
All the statements are inappropriate (and have been discussed here). People prob. view Maher and Letterman as comedians and prob. cut them some slack. There is no way you can compare the "influential" libs on Maher's show w/the amount of "influential" cons. on Limbaugh's show (I never watch Limb. and watch Maher about 25% of the time).
Old 03-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
All the statements are inappropriate (and have been discussed here). People prob. view Maher and Letterman as comedians and prob. cut them some slack. There is no way you can compare the "influential" libs on Maher's show w/the amount of "influential" cons. on Limbaugh's show (I never watch Limb. and watch Maher about 25% of the time).
"All the statements are inappropriate "

Many people have attacked Rush, but not said anything about Maher or Letterman. Forgive me for saying, but I'm not looking for you to be the voice of reason on this, I want to see the liberal jerks in the media being as fair as you are.

"is no way you can compare the "influential" libs on Maher's show w/the amount of "influential" cons. on Limbaugh's show "

Why not? Maher has liberal big-shots on his show, just as influential as Rush's guests.

"People prob. view Maher and Letterman as comedians"

Then those "people" are pure hypocrites. Maher is a political commentator who uses comedy, just like Rush. The only difference is that Rush is more successful with a much larger audience.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #39
PaulS

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;929500Why not? Maher has liberal big-shots on his show, just as influential as Rush's guests.

[/QUOTE]

That is funny - go do some research on the cons. guests Rush has and compare them to the lib. guests Maher has had on. Pres. (I think Bush even took a call in the oval office), VPs, Sec. of States, the list goes on and on that come and bow down to the druggie .
Old 03-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
That is funny - go do some research on the cons. guests Rush has and compare them to the lib. guests Maher has had on. Pres. (I think Bush even took a call in the oval office), VPs, Sec. of States, the list goes on and on that come and bow down to the druggie .
Whenever I make a claim that you don't like, you ask me to support it. So why are you now asking me to validate your claim that Maher's guests aren't as influential as Maher's? You made the claim, the burden of proof is on you, not me...

There's no reason for influential people to turn down Rush's show, as he does not have a pattern of visciousness. Maher's show is as bad as it gets. Rush doesn't sing nearly as low as Maher.

Making fun of someone who got addicted to painkillers as a result of a car accident? Aren't you the one who criticized me for offensive language? See, there's that liberal hypocrisy at work. It's OK for you to call Rush a druggie, but I can't call Rachael Maddow names? Did I miss the announcement from God that only you are allowed to insult those you disagree with, and the rest of us have to be civilized? How come it's OK for you to insult, but not me?
Old 03-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #41
PaulS

Quote:
Whenever I make a claim that you don't like, you ask me to support it. So why are you now asking me to validate your claim that Maher's guests aren't as influential as Maher's? You made the claim, the burden of proof is on you, not me...
Here you go. Now show me the "extremely influential liberals agree to go on his show" - that was your quote you brought it up - so validate your claims about "extremely influential"

Notable guestsIn 1992, President George H. W. Bush made an appearance on Limbaugh's show.

Charlton Heston called into the show in 1995 to read from Michael Crichton's book Jurassic Park.

Secretary of State Colin Powell appeared on the show in November 2003 when Roger Hedgecock was guest-hosting the show.

Former President George W. Bush has appeared six times on the program. The first time was during the 2000 presidential campaign. Then, in 2004, he "called in" to a live broadcast during the week of the 2004 Republican National Convention to give a preview of his nomination acceptance speech. He called in again in 2006. The fourth time was April 18, 2008, when Limbaugh asked the White House to speak with Bush to thank him for the ceremony welcoming Pope Benedict XVI, which awed Limbaugh. The fifth call was during the show's 20th anniversary celebration, in which then-President Bush (and George H. W. Bush and Jeb Bush) congratulated Limbaugh. He appeared a sixth time for an interview regarding his autobiography, Decision Points on November 9, 2010.

Vice President #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney has made multiple appearances.

In 2007, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger called in to a live broadcast of the show a day after having called Limbaugh "irrelevant;" adding, "I'm not his servant. I'm the people's servant of California," on an appearance on NBC's Today show.[7]

Other notable guests who have called into Limbaugh's show include former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, unsuccessful Supreme Court nominee Robert Bork, economist Thomas Sowell, former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, and television writer Joel Surnow, who took calls about events in his show, 24. In December 2006, Sylvester Stallone made an appearance on the show to discuss his upcoming movie Rocky Balboa. On February 27, 2004, actor Jim Caviezel called into the program to discuss The Passion of the Christ film, in which Caviezel played the role of Jesus Christ. Republican Vice-Presidential nominee Governor Sarah Palin (R-AK) also called into a show before a rally in October 2008 to discuss the election and the economic distortion and impact of Senator Obama's tax policy; Palin returned to the show in November 2009 to discuss her book Going Rogue. Phil Gingrey, a congressman who compared shows such as Limbaugh and Sean Hannity to "throwing bricks" in January 2009, gave an interview on Limbaugh's show the next day.

Limbaugh has also had author and Washington Times columnist Bill Gertz on his show to discuss Gertz's books as well as national security issues. In 2007, Limbaugh (among numerous other hosts) interviewed Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and was the first to interview Tony Snow after his departure from his post as White House press secretary. He also interviewed NBC News host Tim Russert in 2004.[8] In May 2010, country musician John Rich reported for Limbaugh on the May 2010 Tennessee floods.

Donald Trump appeared on the show April 15, 2011; he offered to donate $100,000 to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, for which Limbaugh holds an annual radiothon.[9]

There's no reason for influential people to turn down Rush's show, as he does not have a pattern of visciousnessSo calling a woman a slut isn't visious? . Maher's show is as bad as it gets. Rush doesn't sing nearly as low as Maher.

Making fun of someone who got addicted to painkillers as a result of a car accident? Aren't you the one who criticized me for offensive language? See, there's that liberal hypocrisy at work. It's OK for you to call Rush a druggie, but I can't call Rachael Maddow names? Did I miss the announcement from God that only you are allowed to insult those you disagree with, and the rest of us have to be civilized? How come it's OK for you to insult, but not me?
So was he or was he not a druggie?
Old 03-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
So was he or was he not a druggie?

He was indeed. And Rachael Maddow is also unattractive. I didn't say you lied, I said it's hypocritical for you to engage in the same behavior that you criticized me for.

Callink Ms Fluke a sl*t was viscious. But Rush apologized, and he hasn't done it since. You see, I never said Rush was perfect. But he's not a shock-jock like Maher.

Some of Maher's guests...
Rep Darrel Issa
Cnn analyst Amy Holmes
Senator Claire Mckaskill
Rep Jack Kingston
Tom Brokaw
former DNC chairman Terry McAuliffe
Labor Secretary Robert Reich
Rep Barney Frank (glad I missed that episode)
Rep Barbare Lee
Chris Matthews
Arianna Huffington
Gov Jon Corzine
economist Paul Krugman
Bob Woodward
Rep Maxine Waters
Senator Bernie Sanders
George Stefenappolis
Madeline Albright (former Sec of State)
Senator Bill Bradley
Howard Dean
Rep Heather Wilson
Janet Napolitano
Rachael Maddow
Al Sharpton
Jimmy Carter
Lawrence O'Donnell
Gov Ed Rendall
Michael Moore
Keith Olbermann

I could go on and on...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Maher_episodes

Columnist Clarence Paige

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-27-2012 at 11:27 AM..
Old 03-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #43
PaulS

I'll give you Jimmy Carter b/c he was Pres. but at this point he ain't very influential. I don't even know who Heather Wilson, Jack Kingston, B. Lee
or Amy Holmes are. Having a sitting Pres. call into the program shows his influence. The Maher list isn't close to the Rush list.

As for Rachel - beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
I'll give you Jimmy Carter b/c he was Pres. but at this point he ain't very influential. I don't even know who Heather Wilson, Jack Kingston, B. Lee
or Amy Holmes are. Having a sitting Pres. call into the program shows his influence. The Maher list isn't close to the Rush list.

As for Rachel - beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Rush apologized for what he said. Maher didn't.

Rush isn't known for R-rated language on the air, Maher is.

"I don't even know who Heather Wilson, Jack Kingston, B. Lee
or Amy Holmes are."

Maybe you should expand your knowledge a bit then. I could have gone on and on and on. Multiple senators, congressmen, heads of the DNC, big names in the media. But if Rush has 1 sitting president call, and Maher doesn't, that all by itself means you're right and I'm wrong?

Whatever...
Old 03-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #45
PaulS

Quote:
Maybe you should expand your knowledge a bit then. Thanks, I'll take that under advisement I could have gone on and on and on. Multiple senators, congressmen, heads of the DNC, big names in the media. But if Rush has 1 sitting president call, and Maher doesn't, that all by itself means you're right and I'm wrong?I guess it does from looking at the lists.

Whatever..
Hey, if you don't believe that Rush has more influence than Maher, your not being realistic - Whatever
Old 03-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #46
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Rush isn't known for R-rated language on the air, Maher is.
Bill Maher is on HBO you twit, he's ALLOWED.

And who the #^&#^&#^&#^&ing #^&#^&#^&#^& cares your #^&#^&#^&#^&ing #^&#^&#^&#^&?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 04-25-2012, 07:47 AM   #47
MotoXcowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
The name of the killer is Robert Bales. He had seen his buddies leg blown off the previous day and decided to jump into a bottle for solace.
I think what people are missing is this;
Probably wouldn't have happened if he didn't drink himself into a alcohol induced coma.

Sounds like a textbook blackout.

Firearms & Booze don't mix