Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-28-2020, 01:07 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Biden says he got his start at a black college

the college, Delaware State, says he was never a student.

line from The Jerk...”I was born a poor black child...”
Old 09-28-2020, 01:13 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

You think that anyone cares?

3.5 million Black Americans were profiled and categorised as ‘Deterrence’ by Trump campaign – voters they wanted to stay home on election day

Channel 4 News has exclusively obtained a vast cache of data used by Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign on almost 200 million American voters.

It reveals that 3.5 million Black Americans were categorised by Donald Trump’s campaign as ‘Deterrence’ – voters they wanted to stay home on election day.

Tonight, civil rights campaigners said the evidence amounted to a new form of voter “suppression” and called on Facebook to disclose ads and targeting information that has never been made public.

The ‘Deterrence’ project can be revealed after Channel 4 News obtained the database used by Trump’s digital campaign team – credited with helping deliver his shock victory to become president four years ago.

Vast in scale, it contains details on almost 200 million Americans, among more than 5,000 files, which together amass almost 5 terabytes of data – making it one of the biggest leaks in history.

It reveals not only the huge amounts of data held on every individual voter, but how that data was used and manipulated by models and algorithms.

In 16 key battleground states, millions of Americans were separated by an algorithm into one of eight categories, also described as ‘audiences’, so they could then be targeted with tailored ads on Facebook and other platforms.

One of the categories was named ‘Deterrence’, which was later described publicly by Trump’s chief data scientist as containing people that the campaign “hope don’t show up to vote”.

Analysis by Channel 4 News shows Black Americans – historically a community targeted with voter suppression tactics – were disproportionately marked ‘Deterrence’ by the 2016 campaign.

In total, 3.5 million Black Americans were marked ‘Deterrence’.

In Georgia, despite Black people constituting 32% of the population, they made up 61% of the ‘Deterrence’ category. In North Carolina, Black people are 22% of the population but were 46% of ‘Deterrence’. In Wisconsin, Black people constitute just 5.4% of the population but made up 17% of ‘Deterrence’.

The disproportionate categorising of Black Americans for ‘Deterrence’ is seen across the US. Overall, people of colour labelled as Black, Hispanic, Asian and ‘Other’ groups made up 54% of the ‘Deterrence’ category. In contrast, other categories of voters the campaign wished to attract were overwhelmingly white.

The 2016 campaign preceded the first fall in Black turnout in 20 years and allowed Donald Trump to take shock victories in key states like Wisconsin and Michigan by wafer-thin margins, reaching the White House despite losing the popular vote to Hillary Clinton.

Trump’s digital campaign, called ‘Project Alamo’ and based in San Antonio, Texas, involved a team from the now defunct British company Cambridge Analytica, working with a team from the Republican National Committee. Two senior members of the Cambridge Analytica team are working on the Trump 2020 campaign.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-28-2020, 01:23 PM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

3.5 million Black Americans were profiled and categorised as ‘Deterrence’ by Trump campaign – voters they wanted to stay home on election day

Channel 4 News has exclusively obtained a vast cache of data used by Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign on almost 200 million American voters.

It reveals that 3.5 million Black Americans were categorised by Donald Trump’s campaign as ‘Deterrence’ – voters they wanted to stay home on election day.

Tonight, civil rights campaigners said the evidence amounted to a new form of voter “suppression” and called on Facebook to disclose ads and targeting information that has never been made public.

The ‘Deterrence’ project can be revealed after Channel 4 News obtained the database used by Trump’s digital campaign team – credited with helping deliver his shock victory to become president four years ago.

Vast in scale, it contains details on almost 200 million Americans, among more than 5,000 files, which together amass almost 5 terabytes of data – making it one of the biggest leaks in history.

It reveals not only the huge amounts of data held on every individual voter, but how that data was used and manipulated by models and algorithms.

In 16 key battleground states, millions of Americans were separated by an algorithm into one of eight categories, also described as ‘audiences’, so they could then be targeted with tailored ads on Facebook and other platforms.

One of the categories was named ‘Deterrence’, which was later described publicly by Trump’s chief data scientist as containing people that the campaign “hope don’t show up to vote”.

Analysis by Channel 4 News shows Black Americans – historically a community targeted with voter suppression tactics – were disproportionately marked ‘Deterrence’ by the 2016 campaign.

In total, 3.5 million Black Americans were marked ‘Deterrence’.

In Georgia, despite Black people constituting 32% of the population, they made up 61% of the ‘Deterrence’ category. In North Carolina, Black people are 22% of the population but were 46% of ‘Deterrence’. In Wisconsin, Black people constitute just 5.4% of the population but made up 17% of ‘Deterrence’.

The disproportionate categorising of Black Americans for ‘Deterrence’ is seen across the US. Overall, people of colour labelled as Black, Hispanic, Asian and ‘Other’ groups made up 54% of the ‘Deterrence’ category. In contrast, other categories of voters the campaign wished to attract were overwhelmingly white.

The 2016 campaign preceded the first fall in Black turnout in 20 years and allowed Donald Trump to take shock victories in key states like Wisconsin and Michigan by wafer-thin margins, reaching the White House despite losing the popular vote to Hillary Clinton.

Trump’s digital campaign, called ‘Project Alamo’ and based in San Antonio, Texas, involved a team from the now defunct British company Cambridge Analytica, working with a team from the Republican National Committee. Two senior members of the Cambridge Analytica team are working on the Trump 2020 campaign.
You think anyone cares?
Old 09-28-2020, 01:25 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:

I think you care, which is why you desperately try to change the subject to orangemanbad, every single time. Not most of the time. Every time. And yet you lecture us on being triggered.

That's not even a little bit crazy, nope.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:27 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Actually the Orangeman is bad
Old 09-28-2020, 01:30 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
Because he triggers you.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:49 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
You are entitled to that opinion.

But your paranoid need to re-direct every single conversation to that point, is psychotic.

You say it's going to rain tomorrow? Well that's noting, because I suspect that Trump won't voluntarily leave office if he loses!!

You're not feeling well? Well, then you really won't want to hear that Trump wants to eliminate health insurance for millions.

To say "he's living rent free in your head", doesn't do it justice.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:05 PM   #8
wdmso

But your paranoid need to re-direct every single conversation to that point, is psychotic.

stop talking about yourself like that .. did you forget who started the thread
Old 09-28-2020, 02:13 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

stop talking about yourself like that .. did you forget who started the thread
Again, a gibberish post.

You tell me...if Biden says he got his start at Deleware State, and they say he was never a student there, what does that mean to you?

Just this one time, answer the question I asked, without bringing Trump into it or lobbing baseless insults at me. I have never, not once, heard of anyone misremembering where they went to college.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:15 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

With Parscale (suicide attempt), Caputo (mental health leave), Don Jr. (wasted in public appearances), I am starting to see a pattern of Trump's malignancy resulting in the deterioration of some of his most important and public supporters. Is Jim next?
Old 09-28-2020, 02:43 PM   #11
detbuch

Quote:
With Parscale (suicide attempt), Caputo (mental health leave), Don Jr. (wasted in public appearances), I am starting to see a pattern of Trump's malignancy resulting in the deterioration of some of his most important and public supporters. Is Jim next?
You've got it bad.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:51 PM   #12
wdmso

I got started out of an HBCU, Delaware State

Where does he say he went to school there?

What got started.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:10 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

I don’t think it was anything like the small loan from daddy that started the Stable Genius
Old 09-28-2020, 09:16 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
I don’t think it was anything like the small loan from daddy that started the Stable Genius
You got that right compared to Biden, Trump is, indeed, a stable Genius.