Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-28-2020, 04:46 PM   #61
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
That’s a whole bunch of conjecture with zero facts

It's a fact that the NYT did not reveal the source of their info

The NYTs reporting matches the documents they received from legal sources to publicly available documents.

We don't know that the "sources" were legal. The Times won't give us the "sources." And if they were legal, we don't know if their giving the info to the Times was legal. You want Trump to reveal his taxes to prove he did nothing illegal or unethical, but you're OK with the NYT not proving that they obtained their info legally by revealing the source.

And only portions of the documents match public available documents. But so what? No illegality was uncovered. Nor was any tax fraud proven. Just some supposedly distasteful stuff to try to make Trump look like a cheat.

This anonymous sources bit has been a pattern in trying to get Trump. It, rightly, creates suspicion and distrust. Especially with an agency that is so blatantly political as the NYT.

And claiming that it’s patently false because a rightwing rag with hardly a sterling reputation says so is status quo for you.

I didn't say it was patently false. There you go putting words in my mouth. I quoted a "rag," as you put it, characterizing another rag, the NYT to demonstrate that distrust of the NYT is not an aberration. A lot of people don't trust that rag.

As far as Durham goes, active investigations don’t have reports.
Prosecutors don’t write reports.
Durham isn’t writing a report.
He has to get indictments through grand juries....or plea deals.
It took Durham 10 months to get a plea deal on Clinesmith, after his lawyer asked for the deal. Gift wrapped.
So take a deep breath
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I didn't say there were reports. I said "the possible Durham and DOJ bombshells which will probably show the dirty FBI mission to illegally remove Trump." Any DOJ or Durham or Senate investigation findings or indictments will be made public. And it would be beneficial for the Dems and for Anti-Trump rags to disseminate as much innuendo, if not proven fact, as possible before the election and especially to influence early votes to be cast on the basis of anti-Trump "bombshells" before any info that is anti-Biden or pro-Trump is revealed by any ongoing investigation and so will be too late to change those votes already cast. I wouldn't be surprised if that were one of the motives to make massive or universal early voting available.

Last edited by detbuch; 09-28-2020 at 05:00 PM..
Old 09-28-2020, 04:49 PM   #62
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Wow Jim it’s hard to respond to such intelligent and thoughtful a response, if Trump were a Russian oligarch with that amount of debt coming due, the CIA would be all over him like flies on dog crap. You keep believing, it’s what makes me feel sorry for you to be duped by this con man.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:53 PM   #63
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
sure, he might. and biden might get a scam phone call targeting demented seniors, and hand over the US Mint. you want to impeach him for something he might do?
Impeach, no. Not re-elect he’ll yes.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-28-2020, 04:58 PM   #64
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Impeach, no. Not re-elect he’ll yes.
If you re-elect your tax dollars will go to hair care.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	875B2BFB-472F-45E1-9EAD-D2F5AA8A14EA.jpeg
Views:	314
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	67339  
Old 09-28-2020, 05:01 PM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Wow Jim it’s hard to respond to such intelligent and thoughtful a response, if Trump were a Russian oligarch with that amount of debt coming due, the CIA would be all over him
is he a russian oligarch??

every single poll has biden ahead. you don’t all need to go bonkers now.

i thought trumps MO was to just declare bankruptcy and screw his creditors, not to resort to crimes punishable by death. why is he still not taking a salary?
Old 09-28-2020, 05:07 PM   #66
scottw

Quote:

you don’t all need to go bonkers now.

now?...how bout' every day for 4 years....
Old 09-28-2020, 05:08 PM   #67
scottw

Quote:

if Trump were a Russian oligarch with that amount of debt coming due, the CIA would be all over him like flies on dog crap.
where do you get this nonsense?
Old 09-28-2020, 05:12 PM   #68
spence

Quote:
why is he still not taking a salary?
It was just a campaign stunt to play off his wealth which must be because a very large brain. Now we know (well we already knew) he's either a massive tax cheat or one of the worst businessmen in the US.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:13 PM   #69
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

You missed the point of Bob’s post you quoted....

it was biased fantasy built on speculation reinforced by unnamed sources and fueled by hopeful spite....good point
Old 09-28-2020, 05:34 PM   #70
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
where do you get this nonsense?
Boy I really thought you two were smarter, how do you think our CIA, the KGB and other governments obtain assets, they turn people that are in trouble and nothing spells trouble better that a half billion of personally guaranteed loans coming due. Stay with me now, never said he was Russian, point was if he were and owed that much he’d be a choice target for the CIA. Sad that went over your heads, I’m going to have to dumb it down.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:41 PM   #71
spence

Quote:
Boy I really thought you two were smarter, how do you think our CIA, the KGB and other governments obtain assets, they turn people that are in trouble and nothing spells trouble better that a half billion of personally guaranteed loans coming due. Stay with me now, never said he was Russian, point was if he were and owed that much he’d be a choice target for the CIA. Sad that went over your heads, I’m going to have to dumb it down.
And that he might owe the IRS about 100 million.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:45 PM   #72
scottw

great thing about these fools is that they never learn...

"The article had repercussions for both McCain and The Times. He may benefit, at least in the short run, from a conservative backlash against the “liberal” New York Times. The newspaper found itself in the uncomfortable position of being the story as much as publishing the story, in large part because, although it raised one of the most toxic subjects in politics — sex — it offered readers no proof that McCain and Iseman had a romance."
Old 09-28-2020, 05:45 PM   #73
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
probably closer to a bazillion
Old 09-28-2020, 05:46 PM   #74
scottw

Quote:

never said he was Russian
yes there is no evidence that he's russian
Old 09-28-2020, 06:58 PM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

"We don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia...We’ve got some guys that really, really love golf, and they’re really invested in our programs. We just go there all the time." - EricTrump, 2014
Old 09-28-2020, 07:09 PM   #76
detbuch

I thought we were supposed to be all in for the global economy.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:12 PM   #77
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I hear the IRS has great payment plans. Or can fall back on the old bankruptcy schtick.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:22 PM   #78
Pete F.
Canceled

Give him a break. He couldn’t pay taxes because he has loan spurs.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:49 PM   #79
scottw

these guys should start looking for the Oak Island treasure too
Old 09-28-2020, 07:57 PM   #80
detbuch

Old 09-28-2020, 08:16 PM   #81
Pete F.
Canceled

John Bolton said he heard Trump tell Erdogan that a U.S. investigation of Turkey's state-owned Halkbank was wrong and he'd "take care of it." Was part of Trump's motive financial?
Old 09-28-2020, 08:34 PM   #82
wdmso

Donald Trump said he's "smart" by not paying income taxes — and argued that if he did, the money would be "squandered." 2016 debate

Trump Says NATO Allies Don’t Pay Their Share. Does he?

Trump in 2011 said lower-income Americans should have to pay taxes to 'be a part of the game' and said he paid 'a lot'

All from the orange horses's mouth
Old 09-28-2020, 09:03 PM   #83
detbuch

Quote:
John Bolton said he heard Trump tell Erdogan that a U.S. investigation of Turkey's state-owned Halkbank was wrong and he'd "take care of it." Was part of Trump's motive financial?
When it is not possible to know the answer, it's only necessary to ask the question to suggest the answer. It's a trick that avoids the necessity of proof.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:06 PM   #84
Pete F.
Canceled

When you send your henchman to work with Julian Assange to publish American emails hacked by Russian intelligence, it complicates the moral power of your complaints about violations of your financial privacy

Especially after you've used the pardon power to protect the henchman

Old 09-28-2020, 09:14 PM   #85
detbuch

Quote:
When you send your henchman to work with Julian Assange to publish American emails hacked by Russian intelligence, it complicates the moral power of your complaints about violations of your financial privacy

Especially after you've used the pardon power to protect the henchman

ewwww . . . henchman . . . that's a bad thing.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:45 AM   #86
scottw

Quote:

When you send your henchman

to protect the henchman

oh good....pete pelosi
Old 09-29-2020, 09:21 AM   #87
Pete F.
Canceled

Many people say that sooner or later, probably sooner, the Trump tax returns that the ny times obtained will be obtained by other journalists, then put on the internet in full and all that expert crowdsourcing will not only produce more insight about Trump's finances, but also will cause even more evidence to come out.

No one will touch him financially, and he'll have no one to bail him out. Not even a line of credit to tide things over.

He'll end up personally bankrupt.

He'll wind up a criminal defendant, fighting off charges of tax and financial fraud, and he might not be even able to foot his lawyers' bills, if any decent lawyers will still work for him.

He's done.

Not just politically, but financially and legally.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-29-2020, 09:28 AM   #88
Nebe

Quote:
Many people say that sooner or later, probably sooner, the Trump tax returns that the ny times obtained will be obtained by other journalists, then put on the internet in full and all that expert crowdsourcing will not only produce more insight about Trump's finances, but also will cause even more evidence to come out.

No one will touch him financially, and he'll have no one to bail him out. Not even a line of credit to tide things over.

He'll wind up a criminal defendant, fighting off charges of tax and financial fraud, and he might not be even able to foot his lawyers' bills, if any decent lawyers will still work for him.

He's done.

BUT HER EMAILS!!
Old 09-29-2020, 10:21 AM   #89
detbuch

Quote:

He's done.

Very scary stuff. You write a lot scary stuff. You're like the Stephen King of the forum.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:34 AM   #90
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Very scary stuff. You write a lot scary stuff. You're like the Stephen King of the forum.
Stephen King is entertaining and well aware that he writes fiction.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."