Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-02-2020, 05:44 PM   #31
wdmso

Will Walter Reed doctors hold a press conference or confirm his COVID-19

If someone from outside the administration speaks it would go long way to dispense suggestions that this isn't a stunt
Old 10-02-2020, 07:53 PM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Personally I think Trump should get the best healthcare that $750 can buy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-03-2020, 08:41 AM   #33
wdmso

Did you see the Doctor who commented on Trumps condition he's a pick

Not an independent voice on his condition,, even Scott Wallace called BS during an interview on Fox

Seem the list of positives is growing time to santize the kool aid dispenser at the WH
Old 10-03-2020, 09:03 AM   #34
wdmso

Too many key Reps suddenly being infected 4 weeks away from the election.

Does the Deep State and/or radical left have the means and desire to meddle in our national elections via virus contacting? Of course they do. And this would only take a few operatives to pull off.

What the faithful think
Old 10-03-2020, 09:50 AM   #35
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump rode the virus is a hoax narrative a long way and then it bit him and everyone stupid enough to hang around him without a mask in the arse.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2172E3AF-9D94-45CF-BF2C-5207511142FB.jpeg
Views:	341
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	67349  
Old 10-03-2020, 11:49 AM   #36
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump rode the virus is a hoax narrative a long way and then it bit him and everyone stupid enough to hang around him without a mask in the arse.
You keep riding the hoax that Trump said the virus is a hoax. He never said the virus is a hoax. And if you don't know that by now, it's because you don't want to admit the truth. Not calling you a liar. Just sayin'.
Old 10-03-2020, 12:09 PM   #37
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You keep riding the hoax that Trump said the virus is a hoax. He never said the virus is a hoax. And if you don't know that by now, it's because you don't want to admit the truth. Not calling you a liar. Just sayin'.
He called it a “Democrat Hoax”.

And speaking of hoax, his doctors now say he was diagnosed on Wednesday.

So maskless fearless leader knowingly exposed his supporters for TWO DAYS!!!!!!

I’d be a little more mad, but he was only poisoning his junta.

The ACB rally is the super-spreader.

Karma’s a bitch, Donny. Good luck with the confirmation.

Mark Meadows needs to test the entire WH and disclose all infected.

Moscow Mitch wants to suspend all Senate activities till 10/19.

No mask, no class, real American traitors.

Fools.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 10-03-2020, 12:39 PM   #38
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
He called it a “Democrat Hoax”.
This is from the venerable "liberal" BBC, "he never called the virus a "hoax" - contrary to several viral social media posts.

The confusion may have stemmed from rambling remarks way back in February, when he accused Democrats of "politicising the coronavirus" - then talked about his impeachment, calling it a "hoax" and criticism of his handling of Covid-19 "their new hoax."

And the CNN fact check: In this section of his rally speech, Trump began by saying that "the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus," ridiculing Democrats for attacking his administration's performance addressing the virus. The President then compared this attack to the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, and calling his impeachment a "hoax . . . Trump then said, "They'd been doing it since you got in. It's all turning. They lost. It's all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax."

And from Fact Check.Org: Trump said that when he used the word “hoax,” he was referring to Democrats finding fault with his administration’s response to coronavirus, not the virus itself.

Even after Trump explained his remarks, some Democrats — including former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg — continued to wrongly accuse Trump of describing the coronavirus as a “hoax.”

And the Washington Examiner: The president, of course, never called the virus a hoax.

What he said at a campaign rally last week was, “Now, the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus," and, "One of my people came up to me and said, 'Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.' That didn't work out too well. They couldn't do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. And this is their new hoax.”

It's obvious that what he was referring to was the Democrats accusing him of mishandling the virus. It's also obvious that he demonstrably new it wasn't a hoax since he was ahead of the Dems on taking the controversial action of banning travel from China and the UK and the Dems accused him of being xenophobic. And that he put together a coronavirus task force. And made it possible for private companies to produce the medical equipment to replace the empty cupboard left by the previous administration and by the states who were also responsible for stocking up on supplies.

It's obvious that for political purposes the Dems and leftist media jumped on another chance to lie about what Trump said.
Old 10-03-2020, 12:44 PM   #39
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
his doctors now say he was diagnosed on Wednesday.

Fools.
If this is true that is utterly reprehensible...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-03-2020, 12:44 PM   #40
RickBomba

Quote:
This is from the venerable "liberal" BBC, "he never called the virus a "hoax" - contrary to several viral social media posts.

The confusion may have stemmed from rambling remarks way back in February, when he accused Democrats of "politicising the coronavirus" - then talked about his impeachment, calling it a "hoax" and criticism of his handling of Covid-19 "their new hoax."

And the CNN fact check: In this section of his rally speech, Trump began by saying that "the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus," ridiculing Democrats for attacking his administration's performance addressing the virus. The President then compared this attack to the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, and calling his impeachment a "hoax . . . Trump then said, "They'd been doing it since you got in. It's all turning. They lost. It's all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax."

And from Fact Check.Org: Trump said that when he used the word “hoax,” he was referring to Democrats finding fault with his administration’s response to coronavirus, not the virus itself.

Even after Trump explained his remarks, some Democrats — including former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg — continued to wrongly accuse Trump of describing the coronavirus as a “hoax.”

And the Washington Examiner: The president, of course, never called the virus a hoax.

What he said at a campaign rally last week was, “Now, the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus," and, "One of my people came up to me and said, 'Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.' That didn't work out too well. They couldn't do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. And this is their new hoax.”

It's obvious that what he was referring to was the Democrats accusing him of mishandling the virus. It's also obvious that he demonstrably new it wasn't a hoax since he was ahead of the Dems on taking the controversial action of banning travel from China and the UK and the Dems accused him of being xenophobic. And that he put together a coronavirus task force. And made it possible for private companies to produce the medical equipment to replace the empty cupboard left by the previous administration and by the states who were also responsible for stocking up on supplies.

It's obvious that for political purposes the Dems and leftist media jumped on another chance to lie about what Trump said.
There’s been so many lies...when in Rome...

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 10-03-2020, 12:49 PM   #41
spence

Quote:

It’s much worse than that, he knowingly exposed his administration, he knowingly exposed our leadership. It’s not just a beyond mind bending brazen act of recklessness and irresponsibility, it was a threat to national security.

Now we’re getting conflicting information on his health.

Last edited by spence; 10-03-2020 at 12:58 PM..
Old 10-03-2020, 01:18 PM   #42
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It’s much worse than that, he knowingly exposed his administration, he knowingly exposed our leadership. It’s not just a beyond mind bending brazen act of recklessness and irresponsibility, it was a threat to national security.

Why would Trump not do exactly that, he needed to get funds raised and campaign because he is way behind, he only cares about what’s good for him. He could care less about lives put in harms way and he is so stupid, that he wasn’t able to predict what that selfish act would cost. Might just cost him and others their lives.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:49 PM   #43
Nebe

Chris christy tests positive. I hope his ambulance gets stuck in George Washington bridge traffic.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #44
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Chris christy tests positive. I hope his ambulance gets stuck in George Washington bridge traffic.
Cute, but I wouldn’t wish anyone dies of this crap. What I’d like is some competent leadership to help our nation navigate this crisis.

Oh, and happy birthday.
Old 10-03-2020, 03:18 PM   #45
detbuch

Quote:
Quote:

Dr. Conley meant to say it was the third day since the president was diagnosed Thursday night, not that 72 hours had passed since his diagnosis.

In a memo hours after his briefing concluded on Saturday, Dr. Conley said the president had been diagnosed on the evening of Oct. 1, which was Thursday.
Old 10-03-2020, 04:03 PM   #46
Nebe

Quote:
Cute, but I wouldn’t wish anyone dies of this crap. What I’d like is some competent leadership to help our nation navigate this crisis.

Oh, and happy birthday.
Thanks ! And you should know by know I was kidding
Old 10-03-2020, 04:03 PM   #47
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Dr. Conley meant to say it was the third day since the president was diagnosed Thursday night, not that 72 hours had passed since his diagnosis.

In a memo hours after his briefing concluded on Saturday, Dr. Conley said the president had been diagnosed on the evening of Oct. 1, which was Thursday.
Does it really fing matter he has scoffed at wearing masks and now he and the other minions are paying the price, it’s just like the common flu no big problem right!
Old 10-03-2020, 05:01 PM   #48
detbuch

Quote:
Does it really fing matter he has scoffed at wearing masks and now he and the other minions are paying the price, it’s just like the common flu no big problem right!
It mattered to you and 3 others above in this thread, so I responded. Do you still claim that Trump said the covid is a hoax? Or does that not fing matter either?
Old 10-03-2020, 05:24 PM   #49
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
It mattered to you and 3 others above in this thread, so I responded. Do you still claim that Trump said the covid is a hoax? Or does that not fing matter either?
Yes he downplayed until it got to the point the death toll forced him to admit it was serious, he is a self centered egotistical #^&#^&#^&#^&head, every statement or move was calculated as to how does this help me.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:43 PM   #50
detbuch

Quote:
Yes he downplayed until it got to the point the death toll forced him to admit it was serious, he is a self centered egotistical #^&#^&#^&#^&head, every statement or move was calculated as to how does this help me.
I didn't ask you if he downplayed it. Just about everyone downplayed it. The Dems. The WHO. The Press. Dr. Fauci. Downplayed it. Trump did not say it was a hoax. He said the Democrats accusing him of mishandling it was a hoax. And when he said that, he had already done a lot to fight it. He would not have done the travel bans and be ridiculed for doing it if he believed it was a hoax. He would not have created a task force to fight it if he thought it was a hoax. He would not have spent the time and energy to create a way for private companies to manufacture and distribute needed medical equipment if he thought it was a hoax.

You, apparently, need for him to have said the virus is a hoax. It helps your anti-Trump narrative. That is dishonest.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:09 PM   #51
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I didn't ask you if he downplayed it. Just about everyone downplayed it. The Dems. The WHO. The Press. Dr. Fauci. Downplayed it. Trump did not say it was a hoax. He said the Democrats accusing him of mishandling it was a hoax. And when he said that, he had already done a lot to fight it. He would not have done the travel bans and be ridiculed for doing it if he believed it was a hoax. He would not have created a task force to fight it if he thought it was a hoax. He would not have spent the time and energy to create a way for private companies to manufacture and distribute needed medical equipment if he thought it was a hoax.

You, apparently, need for him to have said the virus is a hoax. It helps your anti-Trump narrative. That is dishonest.
Trust me I don’t need help in developing anti Trump narratives, he is a treasure trove of good stuff and you are always amusing in defense Mr. DeBarr.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:11 PM   #52
detbuch

Quote:
Trust me I don’t need help in developing anti Trump narratives, he is a treasure trove of good stuff and you are always amusing in defense Mr. DeBarr.
And yet you have a hard time proving your narratives. It seems that for you, just claiming or saying something is proof that it is true.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:47 PM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

The barking carnival clown and his..............

Trump’s Covid messaging:

JAN: It’s under control
FEB: It’s a hoax
M: Packed churches by Easter
APRIL: It’s going away
MAY: Time to open up
JUNE: Just embers
JULY: Time to open schools
AUG: Other countries are worse
SEPT: Vaccines coming soon!
OCT: *tweeting from the hospital*
Old 10-03-2020, 07:06 PM   #54
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The barking carnival clown and his..............

Trump’s Covid messaging:

JAN: It’s under control

Just about everybody was downplaying it January.

FEB: It’s a hoax

He didn't say it was a hoax. You, not unusual, are lying.

M: Packed churches by Easter

Let's not panic.

APRIL: It’s going away

Euphemism. Eventually it will be another type of flu.

MAY: Time to open up

Can't stay closed forever.

JUNE: Just embers

In many places.

JULY: Time to open schools

In September.

AUG: Other countries are worse

Many are.

SEPT: Vaccines coming soon!

Yup. Sooner than they used to.

OCT: *tweeting from the hospital*
Can't stop him.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:33 PM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Can't stop him.
NOV: Herman Cain sends his regards

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-03-2020, 07:34 PM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

And the experts messaging:

The Lancet, one of the world’s oldest & most esteemed medical journals, calls for removing Donald Trump from office, slams Trump’s “inconsistent & incoherent national response” to the coronavirus pandemic.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:38 PM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump donors paid up to $250,000 to have a *buffet lunch* with him in the middle of the pandemic.

That evening, he disclosed that he had COVID-19.
"The pandemic is disappearing," Trump told the members. "It's going to disappear."

Trump said this to his donors at the event.

Do you think they’re impressed?
Old 10-03-2020, 07:41 PM   #58
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
NOV: Herman Cain sends his regards
Very thoughtful.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:43 PM   #59
Pete F.
Canceled

The stunning conclusion from the briefing today is that the Trump knew he had COVID-19 at least 3 days ago, did not disclose it, went to events and risked infecting others.
They thought they could hide this until the media outed Hope Hicks and the POTUS developed symptoms.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:45 PM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

And now with Chris Christie (debate prep) revealing positive test, and the fact that Trump conveniently arrived at the debate too late to be tested, is there any reason to not believe that he knew he had coronavirus going INTO the debate?