Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-05-2020, 02:09 PM   #91
Pete F.
Canceled

A humbling Herman Cain/coronavirus timeline:

6/24: Attends Trump rally, maskless
7/2: Tests positive for Covid-19
7/10: Says he’s improving
7/15: Says his doctors seem happy
7/27: Says he’s really getting better
7/30: Dies
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-05-2020, 02:53 PM   #92
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
A humbling Herman Cain/coronavirus timeline:

6/24: Attends Trump rally, maskless
7/2: Tests positive for Covid-19
7/10: Says he’s improving
7/15: Says his doctors seem happy
7/27: Says he’s really getting better
7/30: Dies
May he rest in peace. At least he won't be badgered by Pete F.
Old 10-05-2020, 04:56 PM   #93
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump tweeted don’t fear Covid, even when sick his messaging is just messed up.
Old 10-05-2020, 05:24 PM   #94
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump tweeted don’t fear Covid, even when sick his messaging is just messed up.
Fearing Covid is a sign of weakness. His father’s dysfunction is killing Americans.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:06 PM   #95
PaulS

The only people he is capable of leading are those with TDS.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:00 PM   #96
Pete F.
Canceled

He looks fine, best he’s felt in 20 years.
OK, Don

https://twitter.com/brenonade/status...363552769?s=21
https://twitter.com/brenonade/status...613827585?s=21
Old 10-05-2020, 08:05 PM   #97
wdmso

The faithful are all ready on message

Yup, Trump is in his mid 70's. He is just fine after 3 days. People need to throw away their masks and fears. We're fine.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:28 PM   #98
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The faithful are all ready on message

Yup, Trump is in his mid 70's. He is just fine after 3 days. People need to throw away their masks and fears. We're fine.

You exaggerate his exaggeration.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:46 PM   #99
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You exaggerate his exaggeration.
I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!

Sure Don

https://twitter.com/brenonade/status...363552769?s=21

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-05-2020, 09:00 PM   #100
detbuch

Quote:
I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!

Sure Don
He did not say, as wdmso claims, "People need to throw away their masks." That was an exaggeration by falsely adding something Trump did not say to wdmso's own misquote "People need to throw away their . . . fears."

And Trump simply meant, as you correctly quoted "Don't let it dominate your life." Gee, what horrible advice!

Last edited by detbuch; 10-05-2020 at 09:06 PM..
Old 10-05-2020, 09:16 PM   #101
wdmso

Quote:
He did not say, as wdmso claims, "People need to throw away their masks." That was an exaggeration by falsely adding wdmso's own misquote "People need to throw away their . . . fears."

And Trump simply meant, as you correctly quoted "Don't let it dominate your life. Gee, what horrible advice!
I didn't write or say trump told people throw away their masks. the faithful over on breitbart did

President Donald Trump urged Americans to stop being afraid of the coronavirus

By forcefully removing his from the balcony saluting.

Concern for my health or yours is not fear By the way.. its only conservatism sees it as fear and Trump
Old 10-05-2020, 09:21 PM   #102
wdmso

Infected Trump re-shoots entrance into White House with camera crew

Its all a show
Old 10-05-2020, 09:48 PM   #103
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I didn't write or say trump told people throw away their masks. the faithful over on breitbart did

President Donald Trump urged Americans to stop being afraid of the coronavirus

By forcefully removing his from the balcony saluting.

Concern for my health or yours is not fear By the way.. its only conservatism sees it as fear and Trump
There were no quote marks or attribution, so assumed it was yours. I think the salient point Trump was making, in his own words, is "Don't let it dominate your life." The don't be afraid of it was unnecessary bravado. But sometimes that's part of his style
Old 10-06-2020, 04:24 AM   #104
scottw

don't be afraid of the flu either....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	224251_5_.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	67363  
Old 10-06-2020, 06:25 AM   #105
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
There were no quote marks or attribution, so assumed it was yours. I think the salient point Trump was making, in his own words, is "Don't let it dominate your life." The don't be afraid of it was unnecessary bravado. But sometimes that's part of his style
His style continues to kill people and our economy but keep believing DeBarr.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:57 AM   #106
Pete F.
Canceled

So just when did Tweety get COVID?
This ain't complicated, people. If Trump had a negative covid test on Tuesday prior to the debate with Biden, the White House would say so.

Trump either lied about having a test before the debate, as he was required to do, or he tested positive and went to the debate anyway.

The reason the White House doesn’t want to do contact tracing is because that would identify the superspreader as

IL DUFUS,

DONATO MUSSOLOONY!!!
Old 10-06-2020, 08:00 AM   #107
wdmso

'Maybe I'm Immune': Trump

Next Trump will be telling people go use herion don't. Be afraid. Of an overdose live your life. We have narcan and the best medical treatments. Available

This statement would be seen as irresponsible by even his supporters

But his statement on covid is showered with praise from his supporters.?.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:19 AM   #108
Nebe

Make sure to pre-order your $100 “Trump defeats Covid-19” coin from the whitehouse!!!!!
Old 10-06-2020, 09:16 AM   #109
Pete F.
Canceled

A lot of physicians have tweeted about side effects of the powerful corticosteroid dexamethasone, but the best line is from a patient, a Stanford prof who had to take it after surgery:

"I couldn't be President of my cat when I was on Dexamethasone."
Old 10-06-2020, 10:52 AM   #110
detbuch

Quote:
His style continues to kill people and our economy but keep believing DeBarr.
Actually, the economy is making an unexpected robust recovery from the thing, covid, that actually killed it. And Trump did not create covid, nor introduce it to the U.S., nor is responsible for the people it has killed. And I don't know any DeBarr.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:53 AM   #111
detbuch

Quote:
So just when did Tweety get COVID?
This ain't complicated, people. If Trump had a negative covid test on Tuesday prior to the debate with Biden, the White House would say so.

Trump either lied about having a test before the debate, as he was required to do, or he tested positive and went to the debate anyway.

The reason the White House doesn’t want to do contact tracing is because that would identify the superspreader as

IL DUFUS,

DONATO MUSSOLOONY!!!
If?
Old 10-06-2020, 10:54 AM   #112
detbuch

Quote:
A lot of physicians have tweeted about side effects of the powerful corticosteroid dexamethasone, but the best line is from a patient, a Stanford prof who had to take it after surgery:

"I couldn't be President of my cat when I was on Dexamethasone."
He seems to be OK.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:26 AM   #113
Pete F.
Canceled

Here is what a doctor saw in this video of Tweety:

-Extra-respiratory muscles to breathe.
-Visible chest wall rise.
-Open mouth breathing at times.
-Rapid shallow breaths at roughly 25-30 breaths per minute. More than twice normal.

This is respiratory distress.

The next few days will be telling. He is in a honeymoon period right now, largely due to the meds. In the next few days, he will either respond to treatment and turn the corner or he will crash. Time will tell.

Remember he looks like this with top-notch care/medications that almost no one else would get.

Dexamethasone has been shown to be effective in severe COVID19. In severe COVID there is a hyperinflammatory state highly correlated with death. The dex shuts that down. In mild COVID, it increases mortality due to immune suppression. And then you have the mental side effects.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-06-2020, 12:22 PM   #114
detbuch

Quote:
Here is what a doctor saw in this video of Tweety:

-Extra-respiratory muscles to breathe.
-Visible chest wall rise.
-Open mouth breathing at times.
-Rapid shallow breaths at roughly 25-30 breaths per minute. More than twice normal.

This is respiratory distress.

The next few days will be telling. He is in a honeymoon period right now, largely due to the meds. In the next few days, he will either respond to treatment and turn the corner or he will crash. Time will tell.

Remember he looks like this with top-notch care/medications that almost no one else would get.

Dexamethasone has been shown to be effective in severe COVID19. In severe COVID there is a hyperinflammatory state highly correlated with death. The dex shuts that down. In mild COVID, it increases mortality due to immune suppression. And then you have the mental side effects.
OK. A doctor saw that. Are you trying to imply something again?
Old 10-06-2020, 02:21 PM   #115
Pete F.
Canceled

2020, when it's impossible to discern whether the president is tweeting under the influence of a steroid-and-virus-induced haze, or whether he's back to normal
Old 10-06-2020, 03:26 PM   #116
detbuch

Quote:
2020, when it's impossible to discern whether the president is tweeting under the influence of a steroid-and-virus-induced haze, or whether he's back to normal
You're implying that it's impossible to discern? Then what's the point of trying?
Old 10-06-2020, 03:43 PM   #117
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Actually, the economy is making an unexpected robust recovery from the thing, covid, that actually killed it. And Trump did not create covid, nor introduce it to the U.S., nor is responsible for the people it has killed. And I don't know any DeBarr.
You don’t have to create or introduce a virus to be responsible for killing people by irresponsible messaging and handling and since you are like Barr in his defense of Trump you are now and to me forever know as DeBarr. Trump claiming 100,000 die yearly from the common flue is yet another lie meant to downplay the impact of Covid in comparison, yet the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. The higher number reflects the particularly harsh 2017-2018 flu season. Most years, the US death toll from the flu is closer to 34,000 to 43,000.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 10-06-2020 at 04:47 PM..
Old 10-06-2020, 03:44 PM   #118
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
He seems to be OK.
No much f*cked than usual
Old 10-06-2020, 05:11 PM   #119
detbuch

Quote:
You don’t have to create or introduce a virus to be responsible for killing people by irresponsible messaging and handling

The messaging was conflicted by all from the very beginning--by the medical experts, the Dems, the Press, the WHO, the pundits, by Trump. Trumps messaging was regurgitation of statements by various experts. He didn't handle his duties per the Constitution irresponsibly. He took severe actions earlier than Biden would have since Biden criticized his travel bans from china, UK, and Europe. You conveniently leave out what was happening then, and insist that he didn't act soon enough. With no evidence other than politically motivated accusations by the Dems and the leftist Press.

and since you are like Barr in his defense of Trump you are now and to me forever know as DeBarr.

Then I take it as a complement.

Trump claiming 100,000 die yearly from the common flue is yet another lie meant to downplay the impact of Covid in comparison, yet the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. The higher number reflects the particularly harsh 2017-2018 flu season. Most years, the US death toll from the flu is closer to 34,000 to 43,000.
If he said that, he is wrong. Maybe he referred, or meant to refer to earlier pre-flu vaccine days when a lot more people died of it. 35 million Americans get the flu every year, a lot more than have got covid. How many of those 35 million would die if we hadn't already have developed medicines and ways to lessen its lethalness. I suspect when we get a better understanding and effect ways to combat covid, that it will be in the same category of deaths as the flue.
Old 10-06-2020, 05:31 PM   #120
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
If he said that, he is wrong. Maybe he referred, or meant to refer to earlier pre-flu vaccine days when a lot more people died of it. 35 million Americans get the flu every year, a lot more than have got covid. How many of those 35 million would die if we hadn't already have developed medicines and ways to lessen its lethalness. I suspect when we get a better understanding and effect ways to combat covid, that it will be in the same category of deaths as the flue.
Luckily 70% of those polled don’t believe anything coming out of this administration when it comes to Covid, Trumps speaking to the 30% dumb bunnies (no offense) that can’t see through his BS.