Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 06-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Dad 818
Hunting for a 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
You sound like a homer. That 3 from Allen barely touched the rim. As for Kobe, were you even watching him? I can't stand him, but some of the shots he made were unbelievable. The one handed tip in? The fade away three while being double teamed? The three he made from about 5 feet behind the line? Kobe was the best player on the floor last night. Did you think the announcers sucked when they were gushing over Allen making 7 consecutive 3's in game 2? Half the time, Van Gundy sounds like he's being paid by the Celtics and not the network.
And all the while, the lead grew once Kobe tried to take over the game. And that never entered the commentary to interrupt the Kobe slurp fest. Every break was punctuated by that idiot Mark Jackson's Stuart Scott impressions. "Momma, dat dere is a bad, bad man". Yeah great Stewie Jr, but have you checked the scoreboard? And yes Kobe was the best player on the floor, but last I checked the C's have eliminated DWade, The King and Superman all of whom were the "best players on the floor" Kobe is much more dangerous scoring 25, dishing out 8 assists and grabbing 8 boards than he is scoring 38 pts and having his teammates watch.
Dad 818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad 818 View Post
And all the while, the lead grew once Kobe tried to take over the game. And that never entered the commentary to interrupt the Kobe slurp fest. Every break was punctuated by that idiot Mark Jackson's Stuart Scott impressions. "Momma, dat dere is a bad, bad man". Yeah great Stewie Jr, but have you checked the scoreboard? And yes Kobe was the best player on the floor, but last I checked the C's have eliminated DWade, The King and Superman all of whom were the "best players on the floor" Kobe is much more dangerous scoring 25, dishing out 8 assists and grabbing 8 boards than he is scoring 38 pts and having his teammates watch.
It's just amusing to me that Boston sports fans (and I'm one myself) think all announcers and refs are against their team if they complement anyone on the other team. Have you read what Laker fans think of the announcers? These guys have has been pretty even handed with their praise of both sides. Again, think back to game 2 and what they were saying about Ray Allen. I think Mark Jackson wanted to give him a back rub at halftime. It goes both ways and fans (especially Boston fans) are gonna get pissed if they praise someone on the other team for playing well.

And I agree with your point about Kobe. I'd rather see this turn into the Celtics team agains the Kobe Bryant one man show. The Fakers have no chance if that happens.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote