Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-16-2015, 07:06 PM   #1
Jim in CT

hilary@email.com

14 days after this story broke, the state department hasn't told the media whether or not Hilary signed the separation of employment agreement, which would have required her to turn over all her emails at the time of separation. If she signed that, she violated it.

14 days, and the state dept claims to not know whether or not she signed it. Unbelievable. What an open and honest and transparent administration.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:38 PM   #2
CTSurfrat

Despite the optics and the clear intent on her part to avoid any prying eyes into her email, it unfortunately won't prevent any of her current supporters from voting for her.

Bill
Old 03-16-2015, 10:06 PM   #3
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

This isn't going away that fast, especially for the Independents and those voters who expect honesty and integrity from their President.
Never forget,
"We were broke when we left the White House".
" Snipers were shooting at me when we were landing."
"What difference does it make ? "
"All personal e mails were deleted."
"I won't allow a search of my server."
And after 2 weeks no answer whether or not she signed the release when she resigned.

Lawyers are working overtime.

" Choose Life "
Old 03-17-2015, 06:39 AM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSurfrat View Post
Despite the optics and the clear intent on her part to avoid any prying eyes into her email, it unfortunately won't prevent any of her current supporters from voting for her.
Should we go through the Repub. candidates and discuss the things they have said and if they have lost any support?

Walker comparing union activists to ISIS. Carson comparing the US to Nazi Germany.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:14 AM   #5
spence

Reading that form it looks like it's more concerned with classified and controlled documents to preserve secrecy and historical significance. Remember that the employee decides which emails are intended to be preserved.

I'd note that Colin Powell used a personal account for government business and didn't turn over any of his emails, he didn't even keep them.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:52 AM   #6
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'd note that Colin Powell used a personal account for government business and didn't turn over any of his emails, he didn't even keep them.
But but ah that is different for some reason.

I still think all gov. ees should be required to use gov. email and all emails s/b saved.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:54 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Reading that form it looks like it's more concerned with classified and controlled documents to preserve secrecy and historical significance. Remember that the employee decides which emails are intended to be preserved.

Did she sign the damn document or not? How long do we have to wait to find out, and why do you suppose it's taking this long?

Colin Powell didn't run for President. If she chooses to run, she is choosing to subject herself to this scrutiny.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:56 AM   #8
Sea Dangles

Starting to look like the investigation of deflate gate.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-17-2015, 08:02 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Did she sign the damn document or not? How long do we have to wait to find out, and why do you suppose it's taking this long?
Perhaps because she didn't violate anything. If they jumped to respond to every accusation it would require 24 hour coverage.

Quote:
Colin Powell didn't run for President. If she chooses to run, she is choosing to subject herself to this scrutiny.
And if Colin Powell did run nobody would care.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:04 AM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Starting to look like the investigation of deflate gate.
Aren't we due for the NFL's official findings?
Old 03-17-2015, 09:18 AM   #11
buckman

[QUOTE=spence;1067875

I'd note that Colin Powell used a personal account for government business and didn't turn over any of his emails, he didn't even keep them.[/QUOTE]

Yes but email was quite different back then.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:23 AM   #12
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Yes but email was quite different back then.
Pretty much the same as it is now, though it's use at State was newer. It's a huge double standard.

Big difference back then was Powell didn't have an industrialized effort trying to tear him down.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:31 AM   #13
buckman

Quote:
Pretty much the same as it is now, though it's use at State was newer. It's a huge double standard.

Big difference back then was Powell didn't have an industrialized effort trying to tear him down.
“When I entered the State Department I found an antiquated system that had to be modernized and modernized quickly,” he said. “I started using [email] in order to get everybody to use it, so we could be a 21st-century institution and not a 19th-century [one].

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/colin-powell-hillary-clinton-email-state-department-115870.html#ixzz3UeZiy3os
Old 03-17-2015, 09:32 AM   #14
buckman

It's like saying "oh yeah but Reagan didn't drive a Prius"
Old 03-17-2015, 09:40 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Perhaps because she didn't violate anything. If they jumped to respond to every accusation it would require 24 hour coverage.

And if Colin Powell did run nobody would care.
If she didn't violate anything, there's no earthly reason not to tell us whether or not she signed the form.

"If they jumped to respond to every accusation it would require 24 hour coverage."

It doesn't take 2 weeks to answer the question of whether or not she signed the form. They know whether or not she signed it, they just won't answer the question. How's that for an open and transparent administration?

"And if Colin Powell did run nobody would care"

Pure speculation. In this day, anyone running has to endure brutal scrutiny. Hell, Joe The Plumber wasn't running for anything, and he got eviscerated just because he asked a simple question, which Obama answered truthfully, and the voters hated his answer. So let's not pretend that only conservatives engage in this kind of character assassination...
Old 03-17-2015, 09:47 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:

(1) back then, politics wasn't as dirty as it is now. Goes for both sides.
(2) he wasn't running for President.

Spence, will liberals grill Hilary they same way they frilled Sarah Palin? Will they go through Hilary's garbage? Will the New York Times run a baseless front page story saying that Hilary had a child from an affair, like they did to John McCain?

At the present time, presidential politics is ugly. Both sides are happy to engage in smear tactics. If she's not up for someone asking her whether or not she signed a form, how is she going to handle challenges from folks who are genuinely hostile?

She chose to get involved in all these scandals, she chose to claim she was under sniper fire, she chose to say what difference does it make why the Americans were killed in Libya, she chose not to say "it was my fault, it was my ambassador and he asked for more security."

Are we making up all these incidents which question her morality? You can desperatrely try to spin them all you want, maybe you can get a job in her PR department. But if she wants to get involved in scandals, blame her for the media attention, not the media.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:48 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
It's like saying "oh yeah but Reagan didn't drive a Prius"
That's because he hates the environment, and he wants the rest of us to get black lung disease. Don't you know that?
Old 03-17-2015, 09:51 AM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Should we go through the Repub. candidates and discuss the things they have said and if they have lost any support?

Walker comparing union activists to ISIS. Carson comparing the US to Nazi Germany.
It is being talked about. That's how you know about it.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:00 AM   #19
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
It doesn't take 2 weeks to answer the question of whether or not she signed the form. They know whether or not she signed it, they just won't answer the question. How's that for an open and transparent administration?
She probably didn't sign one but they're going through all the files to be sure. The State spokesperson said as much as this when she mentioned that top officials usually aren't asked to do this stuff.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:06 AM   #20
detbuch

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...ng-116087.html
Old 03-17-2015, 10:33 AM   #21
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
“So, just like everything else before it, it amounts to nothing but a bunch of people flapping they jaws about nothing.”
Old 03-17-2015, 10:34 AM   #22
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:

Deflect, deflect. Turn over all the e mails from the sever and show the signed
release and it will go away tomorrow.

" Choose Life "
Old 03-17-2015, 10:38 AM   #23
buckman

Did they ever figure out what that 50 some odd billion dollars wentat the State Department lost track of?
Old 03-17-2015, 11:01 AM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
“So, just like everything else before it, it amounts to nothing but a bunch of people flapping they jaws about nothing.”
You quoted the Carville's spin part. But you didn't mention his analysis part:

“I suspect she didn’t want Louie Gohmert riffling through her emails,"

If she had used the government email for her government business, there would be no need for Republicans, or the media, or anybody else, to be "riffling through her emails". But then, her correspondence on the government system would be recorded and transparent. Regardless of Carville's spin, he is inadvertently admitting that Hillary did not want her government correspondence to be recorded or transparent. You might want to apply the "smell test" as to why she wanted to keep her public business private.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:06 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
She probably didn't sign one but they're going through all the files to be sure. The State spokesperson said as much as this when she mentioned that top officials usually aren't asked to do this stuff.
(If she didnt sign it, why can't they just say that?

"The State spokesperson said as much as this when she mentioned that top officials usually aren't asked to do this stuff"

That red-headed ditz? That's not what I heard. I heard her say that Hilary wasn't a typical employee, I never heard her say that top officials don't typically sign it.

Look Spence, if she wasn't required to sign it, and she didn't sign it, then there's no story. So if that were the case, just say that and be done with it. I don't want to waste time on fake stories. If she did nothing wrong, she could prove that in 2 seconds.

Stonewalling, makes her look guilty. A child knows this. You know it too, you just can't bring yourself to say it out loud when it applies to someone with a (D) after their name.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:55 PM   #26
eelskimmer

Hillary's emails are important to reveal her part in Benghzi cover-up.
The real problem she will have is with the foreign contributions to
Clinton Foundation while she was visiting them as SEC. STATE.
The ultra-lib money is already holding back for Pocahantas Warren.
Hillary is a dead issue for Dems. Only Spence doesn't know it yet!
Old 03-17-2015, 01:40 PM   #27
Nebe

Bernie Sanders is the other option
Old 03-17-2015, 02:57 PM   #28
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Ugh
Old 03-17-2015, 03:00 PM   #29
Nebe

Old 03-17-2015, 08:05 PM   #30
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I'm with Eben...Bernie would be great....