Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Beer & Beverage

Beer & Beverage Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:13 PM   #1
Sea Dangles

Road trip

Got an invite to stay at a friend's house at Burke mountain and turned it into a beer road trip.First stop was at the Co-op in Montpelier for some Heddy Topper ,I had called ahead and was told there was plenty available. There was a sign that stated a one case limit per customer,I went in 3 times...
Next I headed northeast with Hill Farmstead many miles away on scenic VT backroads.I don't think there are a lot of paved roads up near Greensboro and there wasn't a hint of cell reception but an hour later I was there.Only a twenty minute line and I was able to score 3 growlers: Edward, Harlan,and Abner.I will report on them after some testing.Beer is really expensive in VT!!

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:59 AM   #2
Raven

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
. There was a sign that stated a one case limit per customer,
I went in 3 times...
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #3
Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Got an invite to stay at a friend's house at Burke mountain and turned it into a beer road trip.First stop was at the Co-op in Montpelier for some Heddy Topper ,I had called ahead and was told there was plenty available. There was a sign that stated a one case limit per customer,I went in 3 times...
Next I headed northeast with Hill Farmstead many miles away on scenic VT backroads.I don't think there are a lot of paved roads up near Greensboro and there wasn't a hint of cell reception but an hour later I was there.Only a twenty minute line and I was able to score 3 growlers: Edward, Harlan,and Abner.I will report on them after some testing.Beer is really expensive in VT!!
No, what you bought was really expensive because of all the hype over these beers...and everyone wants them. Simple supply and demand at work here.

I am not saying these beers are bad or anything.....I just got over seeking, searching, waiting and overpaying for hard to get beers REALLY quick. I was driving myself crazing over one years ago and when I finally got my paws on a bottle I was so disappointed I wasted so much time, energy and money on it that I vowed only to buy these types of beers if I happened to be in the area and saw it (without lines and waiting).

I personally think this "hard to get" beer fad has gotten ridiculously out of hand but folks everywhere are still falling for it so brewers will continue to feed the craze.....or should I say "barely" feed the craze to keep the cycle going. Just my opinion but there are too many other good beers out there that are readily available for me to waste my time chasing after something so hard to get.

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #4
Sea Dangles

I have always fallen for the hard to get thing. I should mention that I stayed at my friends place on Burke but took the long way to get there...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote