Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-04-2016, 08:50 PM   #31
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Hate to break it to you but the FBI said they were marked classified AT THE TIME .
Your mixing up her testimony before congress with the truth as told by the FBI director . Not your fault , it's very confusing
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I guess I should have used red instead of capital letters like he does. What's the code for red? I don't have a choice of font color on my phone and have to type the code in and I can't find the list I had.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:13 PM   #32
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
funny your response to facts

Funny you'ld say that . . . I wasn't responding to any facts.

is a story from Breitbart

It wasn't actually a story from Breitbart. It was a Breitbart comment on a piece that did not originate in Breitbart by a Democrat who favored Bernie Sanders. And the Breitbart commentary also reproduced the full piece by Professor Matloff. Did you even read what Matloff wrote? He totally destroyed the Washington Post Fact checker's so-called fact checking. What Matloff did didn't require any special expertise on his or the reader's part to understand or "interpret." He used his own native intelligence to see through the Post's bias and totally dismantled the Post's "facts."

Or did you just see "Breitbart" and consider that was enough to discredit the whole thing?

and an OPINION
piece.. thanks for making my point .. this is the same play book used in Global warming lets find the 1 guy who disagree with the majority and sell it as counter evidence .. I guess Oklahoma Magnitude 5.6 earthquake wasn't influenced by Man either
You use the tired old Progressive play book of characterizing a source as unworthy of even considering therefor, a priori, dismissing anything it has to say, thereby evading any need to analyze it or even discuss it.

And the "OPINION" piece, as you describe it, stated several "facts" to buttress its opinion. Which is a lot more than I can say about your opinionated response.

As for making your point, I'm not sure of which point you are referring to. I am not trying to out of hand dismiss so-called fact checking. But for god's sake, have enough native intelligence to see through what is often opinion rather than fact. Biased opinion at that. Sure, one can reasonably refute false quotes. But calling incomplete or incongruous analysis, as in the WaPost's fact checking (that Matloff shredded) "facts" is more than wrong or misleading. It is a form of lying.

My point is that having full faith in "fact checkers" may absolve you of critical thinking, but it can make you what others here refer to as a sheeple.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:28 AM   #33
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
the issue is the sender of the such material not who receives it.
Actually that is incorrect, if you are a person that works with classified material, it is your responsibilty to report any leak of classified material ASAP, so the proper clean up measures can be taken.

Both sender and receiver share the same responsibilty of protecting classified material.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-05-2016, 10:27 AM   #34
spence

Quote:
Hate to break it to you but the FBI said they were marked classified AT THE TIME .
Your mixing up her testimony before congress with the truth as told by the FBI director . Not your fault , it's very confusing
The FBI also clarified this assertion. There were three emails that were said to be marked classified, yet there was no proper header and by Comey's own words the markings were incomplete. The State Department later said the information wasn't even classified and the whole thing was just human error.

Hate to break it to you.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:51 AM   #35
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The FBI also clarified this assertion. There were three emails that were said to be marked classified, yet there was no proper header and by Comey's own words the markings were incomplete. The State Department later said the information wasn't even classified and the whole thing was just human error.

Hate to break it to you.
Once again what we hear with our ears and see with our own eyes is exactly the opposite in your bizzaro world or you claim simple never happened . When is the next holiday weekend so we can get another Friday release of more stuff that never happened? I'm stunned at how many devices she used .... I guess that happens when you need to smash them with a hammer occasionally
Old 09-05-2016, 11:00 AM   #36
spence

Quote:
Once again what we hear with our ears and see with our own eyes is exactly the opposite in your bizzaro world or you claim simple never happened .
Try reading what's actually said versus what's reported. Sorry it doesn't fit your narrative of Clinton as an evil super genius. She said she didn't send or receive anything marked classified and by the FBI Director's own words that statement holds true.

Quote:
I'm stunned at how many devices she used .... I guess that happens when you need to smash them with a hammer occasionally
This is another big piece of abject stupidity. They tried to play this card on FOX News this Sunday and got laughed at. For her to say she wanted one device for convenience and then to report she had multiple devices isn't a contradiction, it's not like she was using them at the same time.

As for smashing with a hammer, that's pretty common way to dispose of a personal phone. I run a drill through old hard drives before I recycle my computers. Perhaps if it was reported the right way it would seem insidious.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:28 AM   #37
buckman

[QUOTE=spence;1107654]Try reading what's actually said versus what's reported. Sorry it doesn't fit your narrative of Clinton as an evil super genius. She said she didn't send or receive anything marked classified and by the FBI Director's own words that statement holds true.

This is another big piece of abject stupidity. They tried to play this card on FOX News this Sunday and got laughed at. For her to say she wanted one device for convenience and then to report she had multiple devices isn't a contradiction, it's not like she was using them at the same time.

As for smashing with a hammer, that's pretty common way to dispose of a personal phone. I run a drill through old hard drives before I recycle my computers. Perhaps if it was reported the right way it would seem insidious.[/QUOTE

I never said she was a genius .