Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 12-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
Saltheart

Classic FedEx Delivery

Seeing is believing!

FedEx Addresses Tossed Monitor - Yahoo! Finance

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
BMEUPSCOTTY

And what you don't see you would not believe... With delivery companies everyone focuses on the delivery guy or the guy behind the counter when there are tens of thousands of other employees treating your packages with similar or worse care... I see DOZENS of packages NIGHTLY that fare no better, and I personally see just a small portion of our nightly volume
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by BMEUPSCOTTY; 12-23-2011 at 03:15 PM..
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
Saltheart

I worked at UPS nights for a while while in college. About 72 to 73 time frame. I loaded and unloaded trucks. Yes there is a lot going on behind the scenes that people would not like if they knew.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:22 AM   #4
BMEUPSCOTTY

I worked for ups before I got hired at the PO a little more than 20 yrs ago... Loading feeders(trailers) on the overnight shift and also pre-loading (delivery) trucks in the AM... I don't remember nearly the disregard for other people's parcels that I see now... Not to mention the awful attitude of many of my coworkers... Twenty years I've been listening to "slow down, or there goes our overtime", "slow down, your killing the job", "what's the rush, it's only mail" etc.. Guess what a#$%&%!s, you've all but killed all of our jobs now. I've never had problems with any supervisors there, quite the contrary actually. They do a pretty fair job considering what they have to work with. Yeah, I guess you could say I'm disgruntled, just not for the reasons you usually hear... Hi Ratty. :-P Keep "protecting your route" buddy... I'll see you in line someday!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #5
jimmy z
I Had A BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, Live in CT., but my heart is in SoCo!
Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy z
Fed Ex hires seasonal temp employees during this time of the year. I'll bet a regular worker would not be so prone to do that.

Be encouraging, not discouraging

<*((())))>< <*((())))><
jimmy z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #6
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMEUPSCOTTY View Post
Not to mention the awful attitude of many of my coworkers... Twenty years I've been listening to "slow down, or there goes our overtime", "slow down, your killing the job", "what's the rush, it's only mail" etc..
This is the typical Union mentality, regardless of the field. Refreshing to hear from someone that's a part of one and is sickened by it.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote