Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 06-18-2007, 02:56 PM   #1
wader-dad

Can anyone suggest a family campground?

I am looking to take the wife and kids to a nice campground in Mass- or southern VT or NH in August for a long weekend. No surfcasting allowed. Wife's only request is clean bathrooms. Anyone know a nice friendly place on a lake? Like to do some canoeing and freshwater fishing. Thanks for the help. Wader-Dad and Camping-Dad.
wader-dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:33 PM   #2
Gunpowder
Fish Hound

Send a message via ICQ to Gunpowder Send a message via AIM to Gunpowder
theres a nice one right in woods hole area. might be falmouth im not sure, but its a great camp ground. ill see if i can find the name of it. i havent been there in years but i kno its still open.

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.....pursue those."
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:20 PM   #3
redcrbbr
here fishy fishy

Send a message via ICQ to redcrbbr Send a message via AIM to redcrbbr Send a message via Yahoo to redcrbbr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl F View Post
Been a long time since i have been there, it was the first place i thought of though

redcrbbr
of all the things i've lost...i miss my mind the most!!

redcrbbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
Tburg

Peters Pond is nice... I have not stayed there but I live a few miles away. You get the best of a nice pond ( pretty well stocked.) and your only a few miles away from the Canal, Old Harbor, and Scorton Creek. There are also a few other nice ponds in the area.
There is enough to do to keep everyone busy and not be bogged down by all the tourist traps like the ones on the lower cape.
Tburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:59 PM   #5
Slingah

I used to go to a place inbetween Epsom and Hookset NH.....nice little pond....car camping......Bear Brook I think it was called....Rt 28????.....
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:31 AM   #6
Smokey14
licensed to kill

Send a message via AIM to Smokey14
I would suggest Nickerson state park in Brewster but the temptation to surfcast would be to great with Nauset beach and the Brewster flats just moments away.But there are some good ponds there.

just in case

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/southeast/nick.htm

If I offend you please call 1-800- 328-7448
Smokey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:55 AM   #7
thortum

Peters pd. Trout & small mouths. I havn't been there in the past ten years, but the bathrooms and grounds were well kept.
thortum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #8
Slick Moedee

Up in Maine, but a great place.

www.papoosepondresort.com
Slick Moedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:39 AM   #9
mekcotuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpowder View Post
theres a nice one right in woods hole area. might be falmouth im not sure, but its a great camp ground. ill see if i can find the name of it. i havent been there in years but i kno its still open.
Maybe Sippewisset Campground? N. Falmouth/Woods Hole area? Nice place!

http://www.sippewissett.com/

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau
mekcotuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:02 PM   #10
whiplash
Sand pounder

VT camping

For years when my kids were small we camped at Silver Lake state park in Barnard VT . Great sites, CLEAN bathrooms, great bass and pike fishing . Just North of Woodstock ( the wife will love that) really quite. 91 north to White river jct west on RT4 North on Rt 12 from Woodstock Ctr. Great beach for the little ones ,boats and canoes for rent cheap. Had some of the best times of my life teaching my boys to trout fish the little stream and rivers in the area. The lean-to's are the best set your tent up in them and even in the worst storms your good to go they also have the least bugs. Damn I have to get up there again, theres a big pike with a big Mepps hanging out of its mouth I need to see again.
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:57 AM   #11
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Mt Desert Island Campground. I know its on salt water but the area is full of stuff to do. Hiking, fresh water fishing, some salt. All kinds of areas to canoe. And the clean GD bathrooms I have ever seen in a campground.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote