Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-31-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
Slingah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Im all for it.

alcohol is far more destructive than herb..
I'll second that...does not make sense to me that booze can be legal and pot not...
at the least decriminialize it...
Old 07-31-2008, 04:32 PM   #2
Raven

Arrow

The Fact that it is illegal is what makes
it profitable ..... and worth 10 - 20 times
it's real value...

Look what happened during alcohol prohibition

it was a mistake when Richard Nixon
started the counter culture WAR
and it's been costing the tax payer ever since.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
basswipe

Yes.Legalize it.

Partnership for a drug free America,our government and the cops need to get their priorities in order.They focus almost exclusively on weed when it comes to talking to America's youth about drugs.Guess they forgot about crack,meth and smack...you know those highly addictive drugs that actually kill people and ruin families.

Weed really does have medicinal purposes both physical and mental.

The most dangerous thing about weed is its illegality.Its illegality promotes curiosity and that leads to use which means it has to be done behind closed doors with other illegal things.At some point in time the person smoking illegal weed will more than likely encounter someone doing illegal dope like crack etc....."try this."The only thing that makes weed a "gateway" drug is that the stupid laws governing weed has put it in the same category as crack,heroin,meth etc.

Btw I don't smoke pot.I'm just using common sense.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:06 PM   #4
basswipe

And before someone brings up alcohol as being legal lets not forget billions of $$$ is spent advertizing drinking alcohol as being "fun".Billions spent.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
Clammer

legalize it >>>>>....need a price drop ><><

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 08-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #6
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
The Fact that it is illegal is what makes
it profitable ..... and worth 10 - 20 times
it's real value...

Look what happened during alcohol prohibition

it was a mistake when Richard Nixon
started the counter culture WAR
and it's been costing the tax payer ever since.
Saw an interesting show several years ago and the Nixon War on Drugs was a result of our great nation sending boys to Vietnam and having them come home hopelessly hooked on drugs, including heroin and opium. Weed got caught in the net, right or wrong, who knows, but with it being illegal now it serves as a gateway to other substances like Basswipe described...

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 08-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #7
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingah View Post
I'll second that...does not make sense to me that booze can be legal and pot not...
at the least decriminialize it...
Its legal like tobacco is legal because of political graft
Old 08-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #8
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

For all intent and purpose marijuana has been decriminalized. At the most in court an offender gets a $50.00 or a $100.00 fine and it is dismissed. The only thing left to do to make it completely decriminalized is to put to form a citation that can be issued for mere possesion.

You know, all of the pro-pot sentiment here is just fine. Buy not everyone stays homes and eats twinkies and chips when high. Some people can't seems to stay out of the driver's seat and thats is what worries most people who don't smoke. There is no scientific way to determine what amount of marijuana use places someone who is actively smoking it while driving "under the influance." Any marijuana usage places the smoker "under the influance." And there is somewhat of an oxymoron involved here, which is, to smoke pot is to get high. So you get high before you get in the car and then travel say to a movie theatre or eatery to have dinner or watch a movie, or just go to and from the 7-11 to buy 12 bags of doritos. I don't know how that is any safer than drinking alcohol and driving. What is the difference?

Smoking marijuana isn't any different than smoking cigarettes. They both are carcinogens and cause cancer.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 08-07-2008, 12:16 PM   #9
Joe

If you pull over a person with a bag of pot, don't they get arrested, get their name in the paper, and get their car towed?

Old 08-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #10
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
If you pull over a person with a bag of pot, don't they get arrested, get their name in the paper, and get their car towed?

No sometimes they get what they have on them confiscated and summons into court.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Old 08-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #11
Flaptail

Smile

The smoking part is the bad thing about it. Any type of smoking is bad for you.

But, did you know, that by town ordinance in Provincetown ( of course) it's legal to possess an oz. or less? Course the state laws supersede it.

Why even try.........
Old 08-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #12
Joe

I heard they enacted that law because people there enjoyed a body cavity search.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #13
zacs
D'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
You know, all of the pro-pot sentiment here is just fine. Buy not everyone stays homes and eats twinkies and chips when high. Some people can't seems to stay out of the driver's seat and thats is what worries most people who don't smoke. There is no scientific way to determine what amount of marijuana use places someone who is actively smoking it while driving "under the influance." Any marijuana usage places the smoker "under the influance." And there is somewhat of an oxymoron involved here, which is, to smoke pot is to get high. So you get high before you get in the car and then travel say to a movie theatre or eatery to have dinner or watch a movie, or just go to and from the 7-11 to buy 12 bags of doritos. I don't know how that is any safer than drinking alcohol and driving. What is the difference?

Smoking marijuana isn't any different than smoking cigarettes. They both are carcinogens and cause cancer.
nobody is saying to legalize stoned driving. you can have legal pot and still have dui laws. just like we have leagal booze and dui laws.

Quote:
The only thing left to do to make it completely decriminalized is to put to form a citation that can be issued for mere possesion.
that would not make it completely decriminalized. no, the only thing left to do is to legalize it, tax it, and sell it in stores to people over 21.

i bent my wookie
Old 08-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #14
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacs View Post
nobody is saying to legalize stoned driving. you can have legal pot and still have dui laws. just like we have leagal booze and dui laws.

Really what you are saying is stoned driving would be legal. Who says how many bones is under the influance or not. Once any effect of the marijuana takes hold your toast. Your argument for legalization is, (any word I use here is going to be insulting so I am not saying anything), insert your own word.
There would have to be a scientific standard, such as what is found in DUI cases, (.08 or higher is considered under the influence), in place before hand, as a baseline, prior to becoming legalized. I can see the only people who would make anything out of legalization would again, be the attorneys.

that would not make it completely decriminalized. no, the only thing left to do is to legalize it, tax it, and sell it in stores to people over 21.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Old 08-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #15
Raven

Arrow

Quote:

YES, THERE IS A LARGE DIFFERENCE
nicotinic acid is the only bug pesticide that will kill
the cotton destroying big bo weval lol Hi big bo

that being that cigarettes contain Nicotine and about
90 other chemicals used to make tobacco taste better,
smoke smoother.... and all that baloney

where as weed has NO nicotine ...in it...
it does contain tar...
the only plant containing nicotine is tobacco period

i won't argue about the fact that
smoking is bad for human lungs
because after all as i have said previously
what is smoke...? but super fine dust...
dust clogs lung tissue... no question about it.