Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-10-2017, 04:49 PM   #1
wdmso

Again get your facts correct Supreme Court has ruled that the government may not display nativity scenes at the entrance to core government buildings (not Democrats )

Shocking the kid won a contest as did everyone else that it is hung next to

its gone unnoticed for about seven months, until officer groups began to complain

So much for the
First Amendment rights of the 18-year-old artist, David Pulphus.

I thought Republicans Loved the Constitution I forgot only where and when it suits Them
Old 01-10-2017, 08:47 PM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

So much for the
So much for the First Amendment rights of artist Garry Harley.....

http://www.salemnews.com/news/art-or...6e9159a4e.html
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-11-2017, 05:54 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
So much for the First Amendment rights of artist Garry Harley.....

http://www.salemnews.com/news/art-or...6e9159a4e.html
Same as above
So much for the
First Amendment rights
Old 01-11-2017, 06:44 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Same as above
So much for the
First Amendment rights
Not really, The "Same Side of The Aisle" that put up Cops as Pigs painting are the ones that demanded that the KKK painting be removed.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:52 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Not really, The "Same Side of The Aisle" that put up Cops as Pigs painting are the ones that demanded that the KKK painting be removed.
BINGO.

If the Dems want to pick a fight over this painting, and pick an anti-Semitic nutjob like Keith Elison to head their party, let's see how that plays everywhere other than Hollywood and Manhattan.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:37 PM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
seem you confuse Law makers with students

So much for the
First Amendment rights thats my position in both cases but why should that matter
Old 01-11-2017, 03:45 PM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
seem you confuse Law makers with students
Shouldn't we hold Law Makers to a higher Standard?

Old 01-11-2017, 04:17 PM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Shouldn't we hold Law Makers to a higher Standard?
Seems the Republican reps Got there marching orders

Then, shortly before the new year, a conservative website published this headline: “Painting of Cops as Pigs Hung Proudly in US Capitol.” The story was picked up by Fox News and rose the ire of several law enforcement associations across the country.
Now it’s the subject of a tug of war between House Republicans and some Democrats. Republican representatives have been pulling it off the wall, a Democrat who put it back tried to...

instant outrage and both side are off to the Races (not the running kind)
Old 01-10-2017, 08:59 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Again get your facts correct Supreme Court has ruled that the government may not display nativity scenes at the entrance to core government buildings (not Democrats )

Shocking the kid won a contest as did everyone else that it is hung next to

its gone unnoticed for about seven months, until officer groups began to complain

So much for the

I thought Republicans Loved the Constitution I forgot only where and when it suits Them
WDMSO, who sues when religion enters the public square in any way? You deny it's liberals?

This artist, of course, has the right to make whatever historically inaccurate horsesh*t art he wants. He has that right. That doesn't mean it must be on display in the US Capital.

My facts were correct - liberals would tend to be OK with depicting cops as kids, but they'd be offended by a nativity scene. Forget the courts, which I never referred to. I am talking about what your side believes.

In 2018, 10 democrat senators are up for re-election in states that rump won. If your side remains this clueless about what the majority of American people believe, they will continue to be irrelevant.

He "won a contest"? The contest was decided by the one person, the congressman, a left wing nut who hates cops and would have picked anything that made cops look bad. Whoop-dee-do.

"I thought Republicans Loved the Constitution '

We do. You show me what part of the constitution is violated by refusing to let that thing hang in the US Capital? If the kid wants to put on an art show on his own dime, fine. That's public property. None of has a constitutional right to display our art in a public place.

As I said, this will help my side and hurt your side. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:04 AM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
WDMSO, who sues when religion enters the public square in any way? You deny it's liberals? Yes the are called ACLU

This artist, of course, has the right to make whatever historically inaccurate horsesh*t art he wants. He has that right. That doesn't mean it must be on display in the US Capital. Why because people dont like it wrong answer where was the outrage 7 months ago

My facts were correct - liberals would tend to be OK with depicting cops as kids, but they'd be offended by a nativity scene. Forget the courts, which I never referred to. I am talking about what your side believes. Forget the law of the land for this but not for 2a rights its not how it works

In 2018, 10 democrat senators are up for re-election in states that rump won. If your side remains this clueless about what the majority of American people believe, they will continue to be irrelevant.

stop telling half truth trump won no majority he won the election
Clinton Trump
Total 65,844,610 62,979,636

He "won a contest"? The contest was decided by the one person, the congressman, a left wing nut who hates cops and would have picked anything that made cops look bad. Whoop-dee-do.

"I thought Republicans Loved the Constitution '

We do. You show me what part of the constitution is violated by refusing to let that thing hang in the US Capital? If the kid wants to put on an art show on his own dime, fine. That's public property. None of has a constitutional right to display our art in a public place.

If i have to show you then you dont understand the constitution

As I said, this will help my side and hurt your side. Keep up the good work. Typical republicans haven't been in the white house in 8 years they win 1 election and talking as if they did something don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:46 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
"Why because people dont like it "

Because it's based on a lie, and it paints heroes as pigs and murderers. I'd like to see your reaction if I hung a painting at the US Capital, that showed blacks as monkeys who only stop doing drugs long enough to cash welfare checks or rob white people. Because that's roughly the mirror image of that painting. Neither has any business hanging in the US Capital.

"where was the outrage 7 months ago "

Who cares? I got outraged when I first heard about it, which was this week. I'm sorry that I didn't know about it 7 months ago.

"Forget the law of the land "

I never, ever said forget the law of the land. I said it's interesting to me, that liberals are OK with this painting, but not of a nativity scene.

"stop telling half truth "

Now who is wrong on the facts? I'm not just talking about the Oval Office. The GOP controls both houses of Congress, a large majority of state governorships, and a large majority of state legislatures. Go ahead and tell me, is that statement true or false? and 2018 is shaping up to be another landslide for the GOP, look at which senators are up for re-election, and in which states.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:08 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Why because people dont like it " who are we ?? some find it distasteful other could careless and Ive been in Law enforcement for 29years not going to cry about a painting

Because it's based on a lie, and it paints heroes as pigs and murderers. I'd like to see your reaction if I hung a painting at the US Capital, that showed blacks as monkeys who only stop doing drugs long enough to cash welfare checks or rob white people. Because that's roughly the mirror image of that painting. Neither has any business hanging in the US Capital.

Some police are heroes and some are murderers .. you clearly dont the understand the image of a cop is not about a White or Black person its about the institution ..your example above in no way mirrors the other painting yours is only about race

"where was the outrage 7 months ago "

Who cares? I got outraged when I first heard about it, which was this week. I'm sorry that I didn't know about it 7 months ago.

I care its another manufactured outrage, a stunt that was sent to your inbox and you ran with it .

"Forget the law of the land
I never, ever said forget the law of the land. I said it's interesting to me, that liberals are OK with this painting, but not of a nativity scene.

tthe 2 are not the same but keep thinking they are and only liberals hate nativity scene's the high court have ruled you should read the law Nativity scenes are not banned or hated http://www.pewforum.org/files/2007/0...isplays.pdfthe

"stop telling half truth " majority of American people believe see you think that to be true based the same thing happen 8 year ago its not earth shattering

Now who is wrong on the facts? I'm not just talking about the Oval Office. The GOP controls both houses of Congress, a large majority of state governorships, and a large majority of state legislatures. Go ahead and tell me, is that statement true or false? and 2018 is shaping up to be another landslide for the GOP, look at which senators are up for re-election, and in which states.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:18 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
"Some police are heroes and some are murderers "

In equal numbers do you think? Is that what you're saying? Or are there 1,000 heroes for every murderer? Look, one police murderer is one too many, but it's beyond rare. Your side uses every violent confrontation, the vast majority of which are justified, to fan the flames of racial division

"I care its another manufactured outrage, a stunt that was sent to your inbox and you ran with it ."

I just heard about it this week. I was outraged. I don't like to see heroes attacked. I can't be offended by something I don't know about.

What the heck do you mean 'manufactured'? Are any of the facts mis-stated? Any at all?

"yours is only about race "

Good lord! And this painting isn't about race?

"same thing happen 8 year ago its not earth shattering "

You need a history lesson. 8 years ago, the Dems controlled DC for sure, but they weren't as dominant in the states as the GOP is now, not remotely close. The Democrats haven't controlled so few elected offices in decades. I am sorry if you hate that fact, but it's still a fact.

The most un-popular candidate ever, kicked the crap out of an icon of the other party. You don't seem to think that's all that noteworthy, and the Democrats seem to agree with you, based on what they are advocating (Keith Elison as head of the DNC).

Time will tell. 2 years after Obama was first elected, the Dems got creamed in the 2010 midterms. Let's see what happens in 2018.