Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-16-2019, 08:28 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Rep Chris Stewart guts Ambassador Yovanovitch

Stewart: "I would now feel compelled to ask you, Madam Ambassador, as you sit here before us, very simply and directly, do you have any information regarding the president of the United States accepting any bribes?"

Yovanovitch: "No."

Stewart: "Do you have any information regarding any criminal activity that the president of the United States has been involved with at all?"

Yovanovitch: "No."

This was like a scene from 'My Cousin Vinny', after Joe Pesci got on a roll.

The last ambassador testified about "what he heard" from someone else, this lady was there, I presume, merely because she dislikes Trump. That's all she had to offer.

The democrats are taking a real gamble here. This could easily help Trump, if people conclude that this is an illegitimate sham drummed up because even the democrats know they have little chance of any of their freaks candidates beating Trump in a fair election.

Are we ever going to see any actual evidence?
Old 11-16-2019, 09:03 AM   #2
wdmso

Clearly you dont understand how investigations work..

She wasn't their to provide that information, and no one yet who has testified have stated they have any suggestions whats criminal .. its not their place.... they just provide time line and experience

Beacause it not a criminal case . But Republicans keep insists some how a criminal act is required for impeachment... to the gullible base...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-16-2019, 09:07 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Clearly you dont understand how investigations work..

She wasn't their to provide that information, and no one yet who has testified have stated they have any suggestions whats criminal .. its not their place.... they just provide time line and experience

Beacause it not a criminal case . But Republicans keep insists some how a criminal act is required for impeachment... to the gullible base...
What was she there to do? Tell us he's a sexist because he fired her?

"it not a criminal case"

Doesn't he need to be found guilty of high crimes or misdemeanors?

Or can you just admit that it's all about the fact that they don't like him?
Old 11-16-2019, 09:15 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

What was she there to do?
whine and share her feelings like balsey ford
Old 11-16-2019, 09:37 AM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
What was she there to do? Tell us he's a sexist because he fired her?

"it not a criminal case"

Doesn't he need to be found guilty of high crimes or misdemeanors?

Or can you just admit that it's all about the fact that they don't like him?
Keep you head in the sand. They dont like him defense is lame and tired

You need to watch more law and order..

If you cant figure out why she was questioned.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:13 AM   #6
spence

Yea gutted, I guess that’s why she got a standing ovation Jim.

One of the biggest political scandals in American history.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:20 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

What was she there to establish? That Trump is mean because he fired her? Presidents don't do that all the time with US attorneys and ambassadors, other appointed positions? In the executive branch, only the president is elected, everyone else comes and goes when administrations change. But it's only mean when Republicans do it. I think Clinton fired all 50 US attoneys (is that right?) and put his own people in.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:21 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Keep you head in the sand. They dont like him defense is lame and tired

You need to watch more law and order..

If you cant figure out why she was questioned.
Can you tell me why she was there? What was the point of her testimony?
Old 11-16-2019, 10:30 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Trump is mean because he fired her? Presidents don't do that all the time with US attorneys and ambassadors, other appointed positions? In the executive branch, only the president is elected, everyone else comes and goes when administrations change. But it's only mean when Republicans do it. I think Clinton fired all 50 US attoneys (is that right?) and put his own people in.
Obama fired every GW Bush appointed ambassador
Old 11-16-2019, 10:32 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:

this is a joke
Old 11-16-2019, 10:35 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is a joke
Yup. But he needs it to be seen as a scandal, because he cannot handle the alternative, that he could get re elected. How long will he go into exile if Trump wins again?
Old 11-16-2019, 10:46 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:

How long will he go into exile if Trump wins again?
could be devastating
Old 11-16-2019, 11:23 AM   #13
spence

Quote:
What was she there to establish? That Trump is mean because he fired her? Presidents don't do that all the time with US attorneys and ambassadors, other appointed positions? In the executive branch, only the president is elected, everyone else comes and goes when administrations change. But it's only mean when Republicans do it. I think Clinton fired all 50 US attoneys (is that right?) and put his own people in.
That Giuliani was secretly conspiring with Ukrainians running a smear campaign against her to give Trump cover for removal so she couldn't block his corrupt attempts to get investigations into the Bidens and Russian hacking at the expense of US security and solely to help Trump's reelection campaign.

And her testimony was so compelling she got a standing ovation.

That's not a conspiracy theory Jim, it's all laid out as bare as can be in the testimony of highly regarded non-partisan bureaucrats...and there's a lot more to come.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:26 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:
That Giuliani was secretly conspiring with Ukrainians running a smear campaign against her to give Trump cover for removal so she couldn't block his corrupt attempts to get investigations into the Bidens and Russian hacking at the expense of US security and solely to help Trump's reelection campaign.

And her testimony was so compelling she got a standing ovation. from dummies

That's not a conspiracy theory Jim, it's all laid out as bare as can be in the testimony of highly regarded non-partisan bureaucrats.
work of fiction...nice job though
Old 11-16-2019, 11:33 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:

And her testimony was so compelling she got a standing ovation.

That's not a conspiracy theory Jim, it's all laid out as bare as can be in the testimony of highly regarded non-partisan bureaucrats...and there's a lot more to come.
"running a smear campaign against her to give Trump cover for removal"

But he doesn't NEED cover for her removal, everyone in the executive branch serves at his pleasure. It's common for new presidents to come in, clean house, and put their own people in. He doesn't need just cause.

She also made mutually exclusive statements about when she first heard about what the Bidens were doing there, one minute she claimed she had no knowledge of Hunter working there until Trump was POTUS, later on she testified that the Obama administration briefed her on what Hunter was doing there. What ese is she wrong or lying about?

"And her testimony was so compelling she got a standing ovation."

Big whoop, your side gives standing ovations to convicted rapist Roman Polanski. Anyone who is a self-perceived victim gets a standing ovation.

You're very impressed by standing ovations I see.

"and there's a lot more to come"

I hope so for your side, there hasn't been anything substantial yet.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:51 AM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
work of fiction...nice job though
Question, if as you say this is all fiction, where are those people to state so UNDER oath, none of this happened. No need to answer it is a rhetorical question.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:55 AM   #17
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Question, if as you say this is all fiction, where are those people to state so UNDER oath, none of this happened. No need to answer it is a rhetorical question.
Oh you mean those people Trump won't let testify because there's nothing to hide?
Old 11-16-2019, 12:10 PM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
This is exactly the turning of justice upside down that has been happening ever since the Trump/Russian conspiracy hoax--reversing the accepted presumption of innocence which puts the burden of proof on the demonstration of guilt into requiring the proof of innocence wile presuming guilt.
Old 11-16-2019, 12:18 PM   #19
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

This as you know is not a criminal court room, so the political case is being made for his abuse of power, potential bribery and likely an effort to cover it up. The other side, other than some true patriots, has refused to come in to make their case. Why no effort to do so, are you really hanging your hat on the argument, you have all assumed I’m guilty so why plead my case. Lame excuse and it’s far more likely, that if under oath, even more damaging evidence and complicity comes out.
Old 11-16-2019, 12:25 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:

This as you know is not a criminal court room, so the political case is being concocted....

fixed it
Old 11-16-2019, 03:24 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

All these career diplomats have conspired with the evil dems to concoct this impeachment inquiry, boy the conspiracy nuts have broken out of the looney bin, lock your doors and windows🤡🤡🤡🤡
Old 11-16-2019, 05:05 PM   #22
scottw

Quote:
All these career swamp hacks have conspired with the evil dems to concoct this impeachment inquiry based on third and forth hand information, boy the conspiracy nuts have broken out of the looney bin, lock your doors and windows🤡🤡🤡🤡
you can never put anything past the dirty democrats they, are a slippery and remarkably dishonest and shameless bunch...think about it...schif is sitting in judgment of others...that's pretty screwed up...that's like satan standing at the pearly gates deciding who is good enough to enter, I wouldn't cooperate either..plus...the longer this goes the better it is for trump and the dumber and more pathetic the democraps look...keep impeaching baby....maybe try to locate some more convincing actors though and give them better scripts to read
Old 11-16-2019, 05:07 PM   #23
Sea Dangles

They consistently produce garbage and it is starting to give off an odor.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:29 PM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
This as you know is not a criminal court room, so the political case is being made for his abuse of power, potential bribery and likely an effort to cover it up. The other side, other than some true patriots, has refused to come in to make their case. Why no effort to do so, are you really hanging your hat on the argument, you have all assumed I’m guilty so why plead my case. Lame excuse and it’s far more likely, that if under oath, even more damaging evidence and complicity comes out.
"The other side" can't just walk in. They either have to be invited by Schiff, or allowed in by him. He is not going to let someone from the "other side" come in if they have exculpatory testimony.

The other side will get its chance in the Senate trial. And there, the burden of proof will be on the accusers.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:36 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
All these career diplomats have conspired with the evil dems to concoct this impeachment inquiry, boy the conspiracy nuts have broken out of the looney bin, lock your doors and windows��������
The conspiracy nuts who created the Trump/Russia conspiracy hoax concocted an even more tangled web than this one. If you don't think it can be done, when a more sophisticated one was done right before your eyes, then maybe you're the looney one.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:13 PM   #26
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Well I guess in a month or two we will all know who is crazy.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:52 AM   #27
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
"The other side" can't just walk in. They either have to be invited by Schiff, or allowed in by him. He is not going to let someone from the "other side" come in if they have exculpatory testimony.

The other side will get its chance in the Senate trial. And there, the burden of proof will be on the accusers.
They got the invite, they are called subpoena and had they testified under oath, their testimony would be part of the record.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:57 AM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
The conspiracy nuts who created the Trump/Russia conspiracy hoax concocted an even more tangled web than this one. If you don't think it can be done, when a more sophisticated one was done right before your eyes, then maybe you're the looney one.
Didn’t think you were as drunk on the Trump cocktail as some others, but I guess it’s all party lines, ignore the abuse. Trump isn’t going about running the country any differently than he ran his company, he has no respect for law, truth is as he sees and speaks it and the only thing he cares about is promoting his brand.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:02 AM   #29
spence

Quote:
A lot of people serving time for a hoax.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:09 AM   #30
wdmso

Morrison said Sondland had repeated contact with Trump and believed he had a mandate from the president to work on a second channel involving Rudy Giuliani, president Trump's personal attorney, outside the normal interagency process pressing for the investigation. But Morrison also raised several questions about whether Trump, himself, did anything wrong.

Republican only read he raised questions whether Trump did anything wrong . (,so he didn't) they do the same with climate and taxes and healthcare.. they find the needle in the haystack. And present it as undeniable truth.

its the judicial committee will present charges if any to the Senate .. seems people think this is the impeachment Trial ..

Last edited by wdmso; 11-17-2019 at 09:20 AM..