Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-11-2020, 09:44 PM   #31
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
We’ll get to read the full Mueller report before too long and likely see the surviving documentation on the impeachment also after the recent Tweety shetshow.
Wonder why Individual One is worried?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Well, that all may be interesting, but this is the China, China, China thread, and it is telling as well as interesting that you avoid discussing the posts that actually relate to the thread subject.

No matter the subject, for you it is always an occasion to bring up what you hope happens to Trump. So what do you think about the Greenwald article?
Old 12-11-2020, 10:15 PM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

I took it from whence it came.
Old 12-12-2020, 12:31 AM   #33
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I took it from whence it came.
And it was so spot on that it left you speechless.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:10 AM   #34
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
He specifically told Trump that he wasn't under investigation. That was a lie.

Comey said that he had told Trump "You will always get honesty from me."

I don't know FBI protocols on being honest with those who are being investigated or if they must inform them that they are being investigated.

I, personally, believe that an American citizen who is being investigated should be dealt with honestly. And should be informed that he is being investigated.

It certainly is punishable by imprisonment if an American citizen lies to the FBI.

Now, being as how this is your thread, the subject being China, China, China, what about the Greenwald article that I posted, and the Chinese Professor's speech?
Thanks for non answer ? Because I doubt my town’s police chief should tell any suspects their under investigation, and seeing trumps track record with revenge , I can see why he didn’t tell him.

as for China I see it in the same light as Ivanka Trump by DC attorney general in inauguration investigation

With several difference

The magical laptop and convenient Trump-supporting owner of a computer just happen to have Biden’s laptop who then He claimed the FBI later subpoenaed the laptop, which spurred him to turn it over to (for some reason) the lawyer of Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani? . The shop owner’s story about how the laptop was obtained changed repeatedly, as did Giuliani’s.

No matter: Conservative media went hog-wild. Fox News has done hundreds of segments on the story — more than it has done on the coronavirus pandemic — and Trump made Hunter Biden and the unproven allegations of corruption a centerpiece of the final presidential debate. C&P

And as I said knowing they lost the election. And what re appears more Hunter stories , but the only legal story is in his home state about his Taxes , which ironically Trump refused to show America and who is still under investigation in the State of NY when he leaves office but we get but but Biden..

And Republicans have a historical habit of making outlandish claims and accusations 1st. Then spend months to years Trying to prove their accusation , the election being their most recent attempt,,, so forgive me if I don’t take the word of a Chinese professor seeing Mike Pompeo warns of Chinese infiltration in American schools... so this one is credible because he’s giving Dirt on Biden?

As for the other guy seems he has been embraced by the conservative media for the same reasons Dirt to keep the narrative going
Old 12-12-2020, 10:19 AM   #35
wdmso

I just saw this was going to read some of his Hunter stuff. And I found this

Glenn Greenwald claims that the media partnered with the U.S. intelligence community to act as "agents of disinformation" in suppressing allegations concerning President-elect Joe Biden's son Hunter Biden.

Greenwald went on say that the "incredible crime by the corporate media" was aided by the intelligence agencies "in order to manipulate the outcome of our election." He claimed that media outlets, apparently operating in unison, had become "agents of disinformation" at the direction of the agencies "based on the premise that the Trump presidency poses a danger." He also claimed that the media "mindlessly repeated" the supposed disinformation "for their own self interests."

On Tucker Carlson Tonight, Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

And I am to believe a legitimate journalist would use that format to pedal objective facts? Not happening

Wow he hit every conservative wet dream talking point about the Deep State , Now I know why you like him

Last edited by wdmso; 12-12-2020 at 10:30 AM..
Old 12-12-2020, 10:40 AM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And it was so spot on that it left you speechless.
🦇💩🤷#^&♂️

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-12-2020, 10:42 AM   #37
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

And I am to believe a legitimate journalist would use that format to pedal objective facts? Not happening

Wow he hit every conservative wet dream talking point about the Deep State , Now I know why you like him
you go through great pain and effort to dismiss as illegitimate anything that disagrees with your brain....it's odd
Old 12-12-2020, 12:59 PM   #38
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you go through great pain and effort to dismiss as illegitimate anything that disagrees with your brain....it's odd
Sorry if actual requiring evidence and action via our legal system is Odd
Old 12-12-2020, 01:55 PM   #39
RickBomba

Quote:
I’m sorry Scott. When you talk all I can hear is “Marsha, Marsha, Marsha”

It’s ok Jan.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 12-12-2020, 03:47 PM   #40
detbuch

Quote:
Thanks for non answer ?

Your welcome?

Because I doubt my town’s police chief should tell any suspects their under investigation, and seeing trumps track record with revenge , I can see why he didn’t tell him.

You may not have to tell a suspect he is under investigation, especially if he doesn't ask. If he is some foreign agent, you can lie to him. But if he is an American citizen who asks if he is under investigation, you cannot blatantly lie to him in order to entrap him. As well we have miranda rights. A legitimate and thorough investigation requires interrogation of the suspect who must be given Miranda warning, which, in itself, is an indication of possibly being investigated.

But, the relation between an FBI director and the President is on an entirely different plane than ordinary investigations.

The president is the chief executive of the federal government, and the Constitution vests all executive power in him. Everyone else who works in the executive branch (possibly excluding the VP) is a subordinate, delegated to exercise the president’s power at the president’s pleasure. The president is the superior of the attorney general, who in turn is the superior of the FBI director — the FBI is a component of the Justice Department.

An FBI director cannot realistically be fulfilling his duties of office if he lies to the President. If the President asks the director if he is under investigation, which Trump did, and the director lies, that is grounds for immediate dismissal, if not worse. One can ask, if it is a crime to lie to the FBI, and the President is in ultimate charge of the FBI, then could this statute apply?: The statute spells out this purpose in subsection 18 U.S.C. § 1001(a), which states:

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully—

(1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device[ , ] a material fact;
(2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or
(3) makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry
shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331),[11] imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both....

as for China I see it in the same light as Ivanka Trump by DC attorney general in inauguration investigation

What do to you see the Biden China angle in light of Professor Di's speech?

With several difference

The magical laptop and convenient Trump-supporting owner of a computer just happen to have Biden’s laptop who then He claimed the FBI later subpoenaed the laptop, which spurred him to turn it over to (for some reason) the lawyer of Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani? . The shop owner’s story about how the laptop was obtained changed repeatedly, as did Giuliani’s.

The laptop emails were not proven to be fake, nor were they denied. There is a sworn witness, Tony Bobulinski, a business associate in the emails matter, who confirms them.

No matter: Conservative media went hog-wild. Fox News has done hundreds of segments on the story — more than it has done on the coronavirus pandemic — and Trump made Hunter Biden and the unproven allegations of corruption a centerpiece of the final presidential debate. C&P

And as I said knowing they lost the election. And what re appears more Hunter stories , but the only legal story is in his home state about his Taxes , which ironically Trump refused to show America and who is still under investigation in the State of NY when he leaves office but we get but but Biden..

And Republicans have a historical habit of making outlandish claims and accusations 1st. Then spend months to years Trying to prove their accusation , the election being their most recent attempt,,, so forgive me if I don’t take the word of a Chinese professor seeing Mike Pompeo warns of Chinese infiltration in American schools... so this one is credible because he’s giving Dirt on Biden?

As for the other guy seems he has been embraced by the conservative media for the same reasons Dirt to keep the narrative going
The Professor is credible because his speech was an analysis given in China to inform Chinese scholars and bureaucrats, not meant for "conservative" propaganda. And it spoke glowingly about Trump's loss and Biden's win. It's no secret that the CCP wanted Trump to be defeated. And that the Bidens have huge financial interests in China. And that could well be used as leverage by China. And Greenwald's statements in his article were verified by links. And it's OK to just disbelieve because you don't like the source or think it's just a bunch of anti-Biden narrative, but it is not an actual "debunking" of the article, nor even a discussion of it. You have demonstrated over and over that you're not willing or able to discuss an idea if you can somehow claim the source is unreliable. Greenwald has proven his merit in reporting, especially from the Progressive perspective--so lumping him in with "conservative media" seems to be more head-in-sand denial than factually driven argument or opinion. Certainly, Professor Di is no republican nor does he have a desire to align with or preserve American conservative values.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:54 PM   #41
wdmso

Quote:
The Professor is credible because his speech was an analysis given in China to inform Chinese scholars and bureaucrats, not meant for "conservative" propaganda. And it spoke glowingly about Trump's loss and Biden's win. It's no secret that the CCP wanted Trump to be defeated. And that the Bidens have huge financial interests in China. And that could well be used as leverage by China. And Greenwald's statements in his article were verified by links. And it's OK to just disbelieve because you don't like the source or think it's just a bunch of anti-Biden narrative, but it is not an actual "debunking" of the article, nor even a discussion of it. You have demonstrated over and over that you're not willing or able to discuss an idea if you can somehow claim the source is unreliable. Greenwald has proven his merit in reporting, especially from the Progressive perspective--so lumping him in with "conservative media" seems to be more head-in-sand denial than factually driven argument or opinion. Certainly, Professor Di is no republican nor does he have a desire to align with or preserve American conservative values.
federal authorities are now actively investigating the business dealings of Hunter Biden, His father, President-elect Joe Biden, is not implicated.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:37 PM   #42
detbuch

Quote:
federal authorities are now actively investigating the business dealings of Hunter Biden, His father, President-elect Joe Biden, is not implicated.
Sounds like the beginning. We know how these investigations expand. Biden will have the power of pardon. And the Dems will have their opportunity to dump Biden and have their preferred Kamala reign.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:33 AM   #43
wdmso

GOP Rep. Waltz: America ‘Flooded with Chinese Communist Money’ Who’s been POTUS last 4 years now a month from a new administration it’s an issue? drip drip drip

Old 12-13-2020, 09:38 AM   #44
wdmso

Quote:
Sounds like the beginning. We know how these investigations expand. Biden will have the power of pardon. And the Dems will have their opportunity to dump Biden and have their preferred Kamala reign.
Maybe he should pardon him before he pleads guilt,or after Seeing Trumps made that normal
Old 12-13-2020, 09:53 AM   #45
scottw

Quote:

Biden will have the power of pardon.
and anyone that disagrees will have their speech suppressed by big media and big tech
Old 12-13-2020, 11:23 AM   #46
RickBomba

Quote:
and anyone that disagrees will have their speech suppressed by big media and big tech
Like Dirty Donny listens to anyone besides his Turkey-necked self?

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 12-13-2020, 12:38 PM   #47
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
Like Dirty Donny listens to anyone besides his Turkey-necked self?
you are adorable
Old 12-13-2020, 12:41 PM   #48
wdmso

Quote:
I wish that was true .. because there’s a lot of weeping going on , maybe they can suppress that. 1st
Old 12-13-2020, 02:46 PM   #49
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso;1206523

.. because there’s a lot of weeping going on ,

[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
can you provide an example?...I can show you a ton from 4 years ago
Old 12-13-2020, 04:48 PM   #50
wdmso

Quote:
can you provide an example?...I can show you a ton from 4 years ago
Yes across the conservative landscape there is much weeping anger disbelief, If i ment you specifically I would have said so..

The biggest winner of our new defense bill is China! I will veto!” Trump said.

More Drip drip
Old 12-13-2020, 05:51 PM   #51
scottw

Quote:

Yes across the conservative landscape there is much weeping

I haven't seen any.....did you see this on msnbc?
Old 12-13-2020, 06:06 PM   #52
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I find it unsurprising that people do not think that Russia or China are the greatest Global Challenges we face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
We just had 4 years of Russia, now lets settle in for four years of China.

Troof

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-13-2020, 06:44 PM   #53
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I find it unsurprising that people do not think that Russia or China are the greatest Global Challenges we face.

I don’t think that at all , but the sudden China China China Biden Biden Biden mantra and its timing starting to look a lot like like Republicans are going to repeat their benghazi plan. Create a narrative minus witness evidence not much difference from what they are doing with the election.. we’ll see

Troof
Old 12-13-2020, 08:43 PM   #54
detbuch

Quote:
I don’t think that at all , but the sudden China China China Biden Biden Biden mantra and its timing starting to look a lot like like Republicans are going to repeat their benghazi plan. Create a narrative minus witness evidence not much difference from what they are doing with the election.. we’ll see
Republicans have been warning about about China/Biden for quite some time. They warned about China Before the Biden connection. And the Biden connection was talked about a few years back by various conservatives including investigative journalists and authors.

Of course it was not given much credence from other than "right wing" media.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:18 PM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Warn about it, then talk about it, then later cite the “warning” and “talk” as evidence.
That’s how to build a narrative based on baloney.
Old 12-14-2020, 07:39 AM   #56
wdmso

Quote:
Republicans have been warning about about China/Biden for quite some time. They warned about China Before the Biden connection. And the Biden connection was talked about a few years back by various conservatives including investigative journalists and authors.

Of course it was not given much credence from other than "right wing" media.
And on the 2nd front you got Mitch dragging his feet as the economy tanks won’t bring up a bill to be voted on , Trumps checked out and Mitch hoping to keep the senate and hobble any future legislation because god know we have Americans doing better , they might like Biden , so we’ll sabotage everything tag is as socialist or not fiscally responsible,, and then blame Biden in 2022 why it hasn’t gotten better
Old 12-14-2020, 08:03 AM   #57
scottw

Quote:
and then blame Biden in 2022 why it hasn’t gotten better
do you seriously think biden will be around for 2022?