Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-17-2018, 10:56 AM   #1
spence

Россия

Curious when you guys are going to come around to the fact that a sitting POTUS has been and is actively protecting Russian efforts to undermine our democracy and doing nothing to impede their future actions.

Anyone? Anyone here?
Old 02-17-2018, 11:40 AM   #2
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Curious when you guys are going to come around to the fact that a sitting POTUS has been and is actively protecting Russian efforts to undermine our democracy and doing nothing to impede their future actions.

Anyone? Anyone here?
"Making America great again" will nullify there actions. We can't impede their actions otherwise, unless we actually go to war with them.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:45 AM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
"Making America great again" will nullify there actions. We can't impede their actions otherwise, unless we actually go to war with them.
I didn't think this would be an easy one to respond to.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:47 AM   #4
wdmso

Feckless leader where have i heard this before
Old 02-17-2018, 12:50 PM   #5
tysdad115

Agreed whoever was President during the election really was terrible. How could an administration allow this?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-17-2018, 01:39 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdad115 View Post
Agreed whoever was President during the election really was terrible. How could an administration allow this?
You're avoiding the question.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
You have posed a vague question loaded with an unsubstantiated certainty. It invites similar responses.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #8
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You have posed a vague question loaded with an unsubstantiated certainty. It invites similar responses.
Exactly.

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:18 PM   #9
PaulS

Quote:

Anyone? Anyone here?
And it doesn't seem as though people have come to terms with the fact that the Russian supported Trump and did everything they could to get him elected. Wonder why?
Old 02-17-2018, 06:19 PM   #10
PaulS

Quote:
Actually more like deflection
Old 02-17-2018, 06:31 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And it doesn't seem as though people have come to terms with the fact that the Russian supported Trump and did everything they could to get him elected. Wonder why?
they hated Hillary like everyone else
Old 02-18-2018, 06:50 AM   #12
scottw

some Russians goofing around on Facebook bothers me far less than the American media for the large part(sans Foxnews) investing multi millions in man/womanpower, propaganda and partisan posturing in an effort to ensure that MAGA was not elected... together with the Obama administration using the power of the American government at their disposal and the partisans in those positions to first attempt to undermine candidacy of and then attempt to paralyze the incoming American President....pretty shameful when you think about it

Last edited by scottw; 02-18-2018 at 06:57 AM..
Old 02-18-2018, 06:59 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
OK. So a candidate is to be held responsible when bad people support him? Is Obama at fault because AL Sharpton voted for him? Or the Black Panthers?

The recent indictments said that no American nationals (which includes Trump) are known to have actively colluded with the Russians.

If there's evidence Trump did anything, let's get him and let Pence take over. If there isn't, the left is going to have to face that.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:07 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
ns.

If there's evidence Trump did anything, let's get him and let Pence take over. If there isn't, the left is going to have to face that.
the left hates Pence more than they hate the North Korean Princess of Propaganda and Torture...the would be fun
Old 02-18-2018, 07:14 AM   #15
DZ

At least he didn't mention collusion - just changing the goalposts.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:19 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
the left hates Pence more than they hate the North Korean Princess of Propaganda and Torture...the would be fun
True, but I think that they think, that if Trump is impeached, somehow either Hilary or Nancy Pelosi takes over.

The lefty media's coverage of North Korea during the Olympics...I don't know what to say. They fawned all over the Princess Of Propaganda And Torture, they loved her. Almost every single instinct these lefties have, is wrong. They can't seem to get one right by accident. They can't bring themselves to condemn the people in charge of North Korea? How hard is that?
Old 02-18-2018, 08:19 AM   #17
wdmso

The agency was "spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign", Mr Trump tweeted.(blaming the FBI on the shooter)

It's this basic he has not initiated any puntivative actions aginst the Russians for their clear meddling in our elections with agents on the ground .. Trumps doesn't care nor his supports ....

Spencer was clear with his question , but those who responded couldn't bring themselves to put it in a post Trump hasnt done a thing against the Russian,s

. Because like Trump they if they admit interference they can't keep calling it witch hunt by the fake media.

Ps indictments in do not clear people in other on going investigations
Old 02-18-2018, 08:37 AM   #18
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Ps indictments in do not clear people in other on going investigations
hoping to see some indictments of Hillary campaign members for paying a foreign agent(Steele) to create salacious and unverified propaganda that was then used by the Obama administration to try to affect the outcome(befor and after) of an election....

also looking forward to the indictments against democrats(ALL) who use thousands of foreign nationals(illegal immigrants) in various ways each election cycle to get democrats elected and sway elections
Old 02-18-2018, 08:42 AM   #19
wdmso

Just a side note Fox is covering the current indictment not as outraged that Russian operatives were in here the US . NO
they were bringing up Uranium 1 deal saying Russian operatives and who else but Hillary was in collusion with the Russians ... just say ..Hillary and get pavlovian response every time from the Fox viewer
Old 02-18-2018, 09:05 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Just a side note Fox is covering the current indictment not as outraged that Russian operatives were in here the US . NO
they were bringing up Uranium 1 deal saying Russian operatives and who else but Hillary was in collusion with the Russians ... just say ..Hillary and get pavlovian response every time from the Fox viewer
who watches FOX?
Old 02-18-2018, 09:16 AM   #21
spence

Quote:
Maybe they didn't get the memo that the DOJ has already debunked the Uranium One story.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:26 AM   #22
wdmso

TV 1st ???

Wrong thread

Last edited by wdmso; 02-18-2018 at 09:42 AM..
Old 02-18-2018, 09:50 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:
Maybe they didn't get the memo that the DOJ has already debunked the Uranium One story.
so now the DOJ is doing debunking?
Old 02-18-2018, 09:59 AM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
hoping to see some indictments of Hillary campaign members for paying a foreign agent(Steele) to create salacious and unverified propaganda that was then used by the Obama administration to try to affect the outcome(befor and after) of an election....

also looking forward to the indictments against democrats(ALL) who use thousands of foreign nationals(illegal immigrants) in various ways each election cycle to get democrats elected and sway elections
Ahh the non existing voter fraud argument ... and the steel doiser ... remember when the right was supporting the wiki leaks releasing stolen emails . And I think it was said it's not how we got them as much as what was in it... And I said it's all fun until the barrel is pointed at the Republicans .now the barrel has changed it's focus. Its not how the steel thing was started it's all about what was found because of it .. just like the DNC email .. karma a bitch..
Old 02-18-2018, 10:08 AM   #25
scottw

Quote:
Ahh the non existing voter fraud argument ... and the steel doiser ...
I didn't say anything about voter fraud and I don't think those Russians were indicted for voting fraudulently either
Old 02-18-2018, 10:31 AM   #26
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
OK. So a candidate is to be held responsible when bad people support him? Is Obama at fault because AL Sharpton voted for him? Or the Black Panthers?
t.
That's not what I said. People don't criticize Trump because the Neo Nazis, kkk or racists voted for him. They criticized Trump because he called them nice or fine people and doesn't criticize them. You have no control over who votes for you but you do have control over the policies that you have that causes people to vote for you.

There's been far too little discussion on why the Russians supported Trump over Hillary, Cruz or Rubio.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:48 AM   #27
scottw

the left has gone full on whacko...
Old 02-18-2018, 11:47 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
That's not what I said. People don't criticize Trump because the Neo Nazis, kkk or racists voted for him. They criticized Trump because he called them nice or fine people and doesn't criticize them. You have no control over who votes for you but you do have control over the policies that you have that causes people to vote for you.

There's been far too little discussion on why the Russians supported Trump over Hillary, Cruz or Rubio.
"People don't criticize Trump because the Neo Nazis, kkk or racists voted for him"

Well I don't know what planet you inhabit, but here on Earth, people went berserk when David Duke said he supported Trump, despite the fact that Trump has denounced him a million times.

"They criticized Trump because he called them nice or fine people "

First, Trump was attacked for sympathizing with white supremacists (with zero evidence) way before that rally. Second, Trump didn't say the white supremacists were nice people (he actually was very critical of them), He said that both sides contained nice people. I would not have advised him to say that, but it's nowhere near the same thing as him supporting white supremacists.

With all the genuinely vile things he actually does...why can't you people be satisfied with pointing those out? Why do you need to make stuff up?

"There's been far too little discussion on why the Russians supported Trump over Hillary, Cruz or Rubio"

There has? So again, you're going to judge candidates based on who supports them? I wonder who Al Queda supported in 2008, do you suppose? Any guesses?

If bad people support Trump, you want to talk about why. If bad people support Obama, there's no need to dwell on that. In fact, it's probably racist to dwell on that.

Hollywood always supports Democrats,. I dare you to find me a bigger group of consistently amoral, degenerate, perverted, hedonist, drugged-out, sleazy weirdos. Why do they ALWAYS support the democrat?
Old 02-18-2018, 12:36 PM   #29
PaulS

Trump did not denounce Duke until he was criticized repeatedly for not doing that so stop lying. remember Trump e said I don't know Who David Duke is even though they had video of him talking about Duke. Saying others are making stuff up is funny when you out and out lie. Crying about Hollywood like that is even more funny when you look at the current crop of Republicans. Look what a vile person they elected as president. Let's not forget 650,000 alabamians voted for a pedophile. Republicans talk a good game but don't back it up
Old 02-18-2018, 12:47 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump did not denounce Duke until he was criticized repeatedly for not doing that so stop lying. remember Trump e said I don't know Who David Duke is even though they had video of him talking about Duke. Saying others are making stuff up is funny when you out and out lie. Crying about Hollywood like that is even more funny when you look at the current crop of Republicans. Look what a vile person they elected as president. Let's not forget 650,000 alabamians voted for a pedophile. Republicans talk a good game but don't back it up
"Trump did not denounce Duke until he was criticized repeatedly for not doing that so stop lying"

But long after Trump denounced Duke dozens of time, the left still said he liked Duke. He can't win, it doesn't matter what he does.

"so stop lying"

What lie, exactly?

"about Hollywood like that is even more funny when you look at the current crop of Republicans"

In 2016, there were some decent folks running against Trump. Unfortunately he won. Again, I don't claim that Republican politicians are always morally superior to Democratic politicians. I claim that the Republican platform, is morally superior to the democrat platform. Pointing out that Trump is loathsome, doesn't refute my belief, not in the least.

"Republicans talk a good game but don't back it up"

Which explains why Republicans hold so few federal and statewide offices, and why people are fleeing CT and why the Carolinas and Nashville, cannot build houses fast enough.