Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-04-2019, 07:17 PM   #1
Jim in CT

terrific jobs report today

economists expected we would
add 176,000 jobs, we added more than 300,000.

all obamas doing, right?
Old 01-04-2019, 07:36 PM   #2
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Nothing to see here 👀
The libs are only concerned about how they’re going to impeach the MotherF^^^er
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-04-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Geezus, do we really need to connect the dots? What did people really expect after he signed the Omnibus? The result means a lot of pain, starting with federal employees, but he signed and the other side needs to accept that there was a price to pay for that. Clearly, clearly not the way I would have done things, but it was the first step towards making a working negotiation. I am not totally backing the POTUS, but the Dems need to be accountable for what they already had been agreed to.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:02 PM   #4
wdmso

Once again the bigger picture is distracted by a good jobs report. While the everything thing else is #^&#^&#^&#^&
Old 01-04-2019, 08:18 PM   #5
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I can only speak from myself, but his reality is very different from mine.....

breathe, they told me. You are gonna see another day

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:20 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Once again the bigger picture is distracted by a good jobs report. While the everything thing else is #^&#^&#^&#^&
who said “everything else is bullsh-t”? why can’t you just say that while trump is a pig, he’s growing the economy? why does it have to be all bad, why can’t you admit that he is doing some good things? what are you afraid of? gdp up, unemployment down, labor participation up. all good things. at the same time, he’s a pig.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:19 AM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
who said “everything else is bullsh-t”? why can’t you just say that while trump is a pig, he’s growing the economy? why does it have to be all bad, why can’t you admit that he is doing some good things? what are you afraid of? gdp up, unemployment down, labor participation up. all good things. at the same time, he’s a pig.
Jim unlike you I am not able to look at Trump as if looking thru a rifle scope and when something like jobs numbers come out you take the shot .. then comment on how great things are .

Where is I look at Trump not thru scope but binoculars which provide a greater field of vision that way I can see the jobs numbers and the wall fight the crazy stock market all the things that paint a better picture of his Administration..

Not grabbing the few good things that happen around and trying to market them as Trump doing great

Never said the numbers were not a positive But Trump and Trump alone drowns out positive news for himself. He excels at doing that

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 01-05-2019 at 10:55 AM..
Old 01-05-2019, 09:35 AM   #8
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=wdmso;1158763]
Quote:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/QUOTE

Jim unlike you I am not able to look at Trump as if looking thru a rifle scope and when something like jobs numbers come out you take the shot .. then comment on how great things are .

Where is I look at Trump not thru scope but binoculars which provide a greater field of vision that way I can see the jobs numbers and the wall fight the crazy stock market all the things that paint a better picture of his Administration..

Not grabbing the few good things that happen around and trying to market them as Trump doing great

Never said the numbers were not a positive But Trump and Trump alone drowns out positive news for himself. He excels at doing that
"Jim unlike you I am not able to look at Trump as if looking thru a rifle scope'

You are wrong. YOU are the one doing exactly this, looking through a narrow scope. All you see is the bad, everything good (and I'm sorry to break it to you, there's a lot of good things happening), you block from your field of vision. You deny and ignore everything that doesn't paint him in a negative light. You are filtering out everything positive he does.

I see it all, I criticize him when he deserves it (which is often), and I can celebrate the things he does which helps Americans. The economy is booming, and the little people, the forgotten people (poor, blacks, Hispanics, those with only a high school education) are doing better than they've done in a while. We have a LONG way to go to keep helping these people, but there is some momentum.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:13 AM   #9
wdmso

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1158765]
Quote:

"Jim unlike you I am not able to look at Trump as if looking thru a rifle scope'

You are wrong. YOU are the one doing exactly this, looking through a narrow scope. All you see is the bad, everything good (and I'm sorry to break it to you, there's a lot of good things happening), you block from your field of vision. You deny and ignore everything that doesn't paint him in a negative light. You are filtering out everything positive he does.

I see it all, I criticize him when he deserves it (which is often), and I can celebrate the things he does which helps Americans. The economy is booming, and the little people, the forgotten people (poor, blacks, Hispanics, those with only a high school education) are doing better than they've done in a while. We have a LONG way to go to keep helping these people, but there is some momentum.
You really should stop speaking for the blacks and Hispanics and how better their lives have been made by Trump .. it's another example of your 'scope view

Jim it's good that you highlight the little good being done by his administration
So others like me are exposed to these stories ..

And I will bring foward the stories outside your view And hope of exposing the other side of the coin

Like the story below Trump threatens National emergency over wall

That's Trumps authoritarian personality .. if he can't threaten his way to get what he wants .. he will play the national security card as an end around

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46763940
Old 01-05-2019, 10:33 AM   #10
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=wdmso;1158767]
Quote:

You really should stop speaking for the blacks and Hispanics and how better their lives have been made by Trump .. it's another example of your 'scope view

Jim it's good that you highlight the little good being done by his administration
So others like me are exposed to these stories ..

And I will bring foward the stories outside your view And hope of exposing the other side of the coin

Like the story below Trump threatens National emergency over wall

That's Trumps authoritarian personality .. if he can't threaten his way to get what he wants .. he will play the national security card as an end around

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46763940
"You really should stop speaking for the blacks and Hispanics and how better their lives have been made by Trump .. it's another example of your 'scope view "

No, it's not my view, it's irrefutable fact. Black and Hispanic unemployment is at historic lows. Why can't you celebrate that? Would you be this dismissive about it, if Hilary was POTUS?

Yeah Wayne, you look at the whole picture from all sides before you form your opinions...clearly.

"little good being done by his administration"

Yeah, silly little things (not all of which are all his doing, obviously) like record low unemployment for minorities, tax cuts for almost all of us, solid GDP growth.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:37 PM   #11
wdmso

illegal migration to the United States plunged 31 percent, falling near its lowest level in 50 years.

But we need a wall ?

For Trumps ego not national security
Old 01-05-2019, 05:59 PM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
illegal migration to the United States plunged 31 percent, falling near its lowest level in 50 years.

But we need a wall ?

31% of a big number still leaves a big number to stop. If that number is for last year, then that continued migration won't end so the numbers will continue and be added to the overall massive number already here. We already have more here than we probably can deal with in terms of documenting, processing, and when appropriate, deporting. Constantly added new large numbers every year to the problem can certainly overwhelm the situation even further. And if we show any tendency to back off of improving border security, and also allow those here to remain, migration numbers will rise again.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:40 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:

But we need a wall ?

violent crime is down. do you still lick your door at night?

border patrol says that over 1,000 illegals cross the southern border every day. i can’t imagine a wall doesn’t reduce that. it won’t eliminate it, but it will help.

i’ll ask again, does the prison you work in, have walls? if so, why? is it because, as every idiot knows, barriers help keep people
where we want them?
Old 01-06-2019, 08:47 AM   #14
wdmso

Quote:
violent crime is down. do you still lick your door at night?

border patrol says that over 1,000 illegals cross the southern border every day. i can’t imagine a wall doesn’t reduce that. it won’t eliminate it, but it will help.

i’ll ask again, does the prison you work in, have walls? if so, why? is it because, as every idiot knows, barriers help keep people
where we want them?
Just like Trump you think a wall is brick and concret and the prison has them argument is as simplistic as the Come

Prisons have layered security they do not see the wall or the fence as the end all be all solution. As you and Trump love to sell it as (ever hear prisoners escape )

At best wall and fences are a deterent not prevention why not have a minefield ? Using your logic they worked during the war to protect large area with little man power

Now his administration is once again saying it's not just a wall it's other security and technology. .. but trump has refuted this suggestion

As I have said this is about his ego and image to his Base not about national security (another lie) the wall sound nothing like comprehensive immigration reform to me
Old 01-06-2019, 11:21 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Just like Trump you think a wall is brick and concret and the prison has them argument is as simplistic as the Come

Prisons have layered security they do not see the wall or the fence as the end all be all solution. As you and Trump love to sell it as (ever hear prisoners escape )

At best wall and fences are a deterent not prevention why not have a minefield ? Using your logic they worked during the war to protect large area with little man power

Now his administration is once again saying it's not just a wall it's other security and technology. .. but trump has refuted this suggestion

As I have said this is about his ego and image to his Base not about national security (another lie) the wall sound nothing like comprehensive immigration reform to me
and as the prison security is layered ( one of which being walls), trump is also proposing layers in addition to the wall - agents, drones, etc. so you seem to think he wants just a wall, that’s not true.

little man power? who is calling for that? i want more agents down there. you’re making a lot of speculations, and not very accurately.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:51 PM   #16
wdmso

Quote:
and as the prison security is layered ( one of which being walls), trump is also proposing layers in addition to the wall - agents, drones, etc. so you seem to think he wants just a wall, that’s not true.

little man power? who is calling for that? i want more agents down there. you’re making a lot of speculations, and not very accurately.
clearly you havent listen to a word trump has said regarding the wall .. he is very clear what he means and what the base wants and it is a physical wall... end of story

but please keep insisting Trump wants comprehensive immigration reform ...