Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-25-2018, 03:47 AM   #1
wdmso

Donald Trump attacks 'media hostility' after mail bombs

https://www.bbc.com/news/world/us_and_canada

He cant help himself he made it about him ...

Also yesterday Trump called himself a Nationalist and the crowd goes wild?? lets hear the spin
Old 10-25-2018, 06:26 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Oh Yeah, well that's not what it says here.

https://www.foxnews.com/

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-25-2018, 07:41 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Also yesterday Trump called himself a Nationalist and the crowd goes wild?? lets hear the spin
"lets hear the spin"

Are you under the impression that all the republicans here, do nothing but excuse his behavior? Not sure what you are seeing that makes you think that we're all a bunch of Trump apologists.

As to the violence, the rhetoric had been disgusting on both sides for a long time, since Bush was in office. And regardless of what you obviously think, it's a lot more common on the left. Sure, Trump is an azz who says a ton of inappropriate things. And there are others on the right who do so. But it's not systemic like it is on the left. Watch Foxnews at 8:00 PM, and you'll see a show where the host says all the time, that liberals make good points. He says it ten times a night, Watch CNN or MSNBC at 8:00, and all you'll here is how racist, sexist, and homophobic we all are.

The entire liberal platform at the moment, is that Republicans are evil. That's all they have. You are desperately trying to make the case that we're all Trump. I'll talk about the issues all day long, I don't need to descend into character assassination. Because I am confident that I'm on the right side of the issues, and I can explain why.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:07 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
A very big part of the Anger we see today in our society is caused by the purposely false and inaccurate reporting of the Mainstream Media that I refer to as Fake News. It has gotten so bad and hateful that it is beyond description. Mainstream Media must clean up its act, FAST!

4:18 AM - 25 Oct 2018
Now I could post hours of Trump Rallies where he does incite violence but you admit that his behavior is kind of bad
If he truly wants to solve the problem, he has to admit he is part of it.
Presidents have done it before, in fact when JFK did it after the Bay of Pigs his approval ratings soared
It is part of being a leader
The buck stops here
The captain taking responsibility for his ship
The problem is that Don the Con has only one method, unless he reads from a teleprompter and it shows everytime.
He's a bully.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-25-2018, 08:19 AM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
A very big part of the Anger we see today in our society is caused by the purposely false and inaccurate reporting of the Mainstream Media that I refer to as Fake News. It has gotten so bad and hateful that it is beyond description. Mainstream Media must clean up its act, FAST!

4:18 AM - 25 Oct 2018
He's not wrong

Quote:
Now I could post hours of Trump Rallies where he does incite violence but you admit that his behavior is kind of bad
If he truly wants to solve the problem, he has to admit he is part of it.
Presidents have done it before, in fact when JFK did it after the Bay of Pigs his approval ratings soared
It is part of being a leader
The buck stops here
The captain taking responsibility for his ship
The problem is that Don the Con has only one method, unless he reads from a teleprompter and it shows everytime.
He's a bully.
You're not wrong

Old 10-25-2018, 08:21 AM   #6
Sea Dangles

Call him names Pete but he is fixing our country
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-25-2018, 08:50 AM   #7
PaulS

So it is the Democratic platform that the Republicans are evil yet it is our Repub.pres. who uses that type of language to refer to the Press and to democrats. You have people on the right who are saying this is a plot by the Clintons. When Gabby Giffords got shot it was the fault of the deranged person who did it. When Steve scalise got shot it was the fault of the Democrats and their rhetoric. now when bombs are being sent to every prominent person who speaks out against Trump it is the fault of only that deranged individual. It is tough to keep it all straight
Old 10-25-2018, 09:02 AM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So it is the Democratic platform that the Republicans are evil yet it is our Repub.pres. who uses that type of language to refer to the Press and to democrats. You have people on the right who are saying this is a plot by the Clintons. When Gabby Giffords got shot it was the fault of the deranged person who did it. When Steve scalise got shot it was the fault of the Democrats and their rhetoric. now when bombs are being sent to every prominent person who speaks out against Trump it is the fault of only that deranged individual. It is tough to keep it all straight
Scrolled through this thread 3 times, didn't see that mentioned here at all.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:04 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
"So it is the Democratic platform that the Republicans are evil"

Yes. Remember the deplorables comment? Or Obama calling us bitter clingers who dislike people who don't look like us? Or when Obama said that Republicans hate everybody? That's about as bad as most of what Trump says. But you don't complain when democrats do it.

"You have people on the right "

For the millionth time, I'm not saying there aren't kooks on the right, of course there are. I'm saying the kooks are extremists on my side, whereas the kooks are mainstream on your side. Compare Paul Ryan to Nancy Pelosi? Compare Chuck Schumer to Mitch McConnell? Who are the truly moderate democrats? There aren't many anymore, because the party has become the party of George Soros, not the party of Bill Clinton. Where are the moderates liberals in Congress, or on TV? There aren't many. Where are the liberal equivalents of Lindsay Graham and John McCain? They no longer exist.

Pointing to a radical individual, doesn't make me wrong. I'm talking about what the "typical" conservative looks like, compared to the "typical" liberal. At the federal level, the democratic party is a million miles further to the left, than the GOP is to the right. Conservatives are constantly frustrated by Ryan, McConnell, and to a lesser extent Trump.

No comparison. None.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:08 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
It is tough to keep it all straight
Then I'll make it easy for you. There are jerks and maniacs on both sides. There are extremists on both sides. There aren't a meaningful number of thoughtful moderates on both sides, the moderates, from what I can tell, are almost all in the GOP.

Who in the democratic senate is as friendly with the GOP, as McCain and Graham are with the left? Manchin might vote with the GOP occasionally at election time, but that's it.

You don't judge either side by the actions of a tiny number of lunatics who don't speak for anyone else.. You judge them by what's considered "mainstream" on each side. So compare Paul Ryan to Nancy Pelosi, and that makes my point. Just compare the leadership of the house on both sides, that illustrates my point.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:18 AM   #11
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"So it is the Democratic platform that the Republicans are evil"

Yes. Remember the deplorables comment? Or Obama calling us bitter clingers who dislike people who don't look like us? Or when Obama said that Republicans hate everybody? That's about as bad as most of what Trump says. But you don't complain when democrats do it

None of that is remotely close to the constant garbage that comes out of president Trumps mouth. Somehow with you there is a moral equivalency when a Dem. says something once ( and then apologizes) and when a Rep. repeatedly says something much worse 100s of times.

"You have people on the right "

For the millionth time, I'm not saying there aren't kooks on the right, of course there are. I'm saying the kooks are extremists on my side, whereas the kooks are mainstream on your side. Compare Paul Ryan to Nancy Pelosi? Compare Chuck Schumer to Mitch McConnell? Who are the truly moderate democrats? There aren't many anymore, because the party has become the party of George Soros, not the party of Bill Clinton. Where are the moderates liberals in Congress, or on TV? There aren't many. Where are the liberal equivalents of Lindsay Graham and John McCain? They no longer exist.

Pointing to a radical individual, doesn't make me wrong. I'm talking about what the "typical" conservative looks like, compared to the "typical" liberal. At the federal level, the democratic party is a million miles further to the left, than the GOP is to the right. Conservatives are constantly frustrated by Ryan, McConnell, and to a lesser extent Trump.

No comparison. None.
the biggest kook of them all is the president of the United States and last I remember he was Republican.
His approval rating among Repub. is extremely high so obviously most Republicans think the same him

There is no comparison bt the Rights rally's and the Democratic rally's. The lock em up chants for people who have done nothing wrong shows what sorry people Trump supporters have turned into. And callling Democrats treasonous is ridiculous. If you think today's Republican Party is the same as Nixon or even Reagan's you're living in a fantasy world.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:23 AM   #12
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Scrolled through this thread 3 times, didn't see that mentioned here at all.
Search on Steve scalise or on Gifford
Old 10-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
the biggest kook of them all is the president of the United States and last I remember he was Republican.
His approval rating among Repub. is extremely high so obviously most Republicans think the same him

There is no comparison bt the Rights rally's and the Democratic rally's. The lock em up chants for people who have done nothing wrong shows what sorry people Trump supporters have turned into. And callling Democrats treasonous is ridiculous. If you think today's Republican Party is the same as Nixon or even Reagan's you're living in a fantasy world.
"the biggest kook of them all is the president of the United States and last I remember he was Republican."

HERE'S WHAT YOU FORGOT TO MENTION.

When Trump acts like a jerk, which is often, huge numbers of influential republicans call him out. That doesn't happen on the left. Not nearly to the same extent. Charles Kraithammer was probably the single most influential conservative pundit, and he despised Trump.

The left acted like this when Bush was president, and they never stopped the personal attacks on McCain or Romney. So let's drop the nonsense that Trump is causing all this. The left first embraced insane personal attacks when Bush was president, and they haven't stopped since. When you are wrong on the facts and results and empirical evidence and common sense, you throw bombs. . When you are backed into a corner, this is what you do.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:28 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:

There is no comparison bt the Rights rally's and the Democratic rally's. The lock em up chants for people who have done nothing wrong shows what sorry people Trump supporters have turned into.
yep...trump supporters shout "lock em up among" themselves while the left actually goes out to harass and beat them up...

you are right...no comparison
Old 10-25-2018, 09:30 AM   #15
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
yep...trump supporters shout "lock em up among" themselves while the left actually goes out to harass and beat them up...

you are right...no comparison
Seems like those neonazis who love Trump would disagree. And let's not forget those reporters who needed security at his rallies. So I guess you agree with those nutsl who think the Democrats planted the bombs.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:35 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Then I'll make it easy for you. There are jerks and maniacs on both sides. There are extremists on both sides. There aren't a meaningful number of thoughtful moderates on both sides, the moderates, from what I can tell, are almost all in the GOP.

Who in the democratic senate is as friendly with the GOP, as McCain and Graham are with the left? Manchin might vote with the GOP occasionally at election time, but that's it.

You don't judge either side by the actions of a tiny number of lunatics who don't speak for anyone else.. You judge them by what's considered "mainstream" on each side. So compare Paul Ryan to Nancy Pelosi, and that makes my point. Just compare the leadership of the house on both sides, that illustrates my point.
What you claim is incorrect, 20% of the democrats vote with Trump positions more than 40% of the time
Do you expect them to agree 100%, only three republicans have done that and one of those he made Attorney General
Here is the data
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...s-trump-score/

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-25-2018, 09:38 AM   #17
Sea Dangles

Crying wont help Paul.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:42 AM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Crying wont help Paul.
Voting will

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-25-2018, 09:44 AM   #19
PaulS

Quote:
Crying wont help Paul.
Mr irrelevant.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:06 AM   #20
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Voting will
Voting will help,you are correct. It is America’s way of fixing what is wrong. Until the next election Trump must fix the broken pieces. Next term we will see real progress.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-25-2018, 10:23 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:

So I guess you agree with those nutsl who think the Democrats planted the bombs.

we don't really know.... but since none of them went off I'm suspecting a dumbocrat
Old 10-25-2018, 10:23 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:
Mr irrelevant.
snarky
Old 10-25-2018, 10:37 AM   #23
spence

Quote:
Country wasn’t broken.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:01 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Voting will help,you are correct. It is America’s way of fixing what is wrong. Until the next election Trump must fix the broken pieces. Next term we will see real progress.
We won't see a change in the political landscape until we have term and money limits for Congress.
Too many people have too much power and money is influencing them.
Both sides are complicit and it is to their advantage to keep everyone distracted with all the things you have to be afraid of.
There has been bipartisan support for Term limits and spending limits for years, but it has to be done on the state level, since it requires an amendment to the Constitution.
Get to work if it's important to you.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-25-2018, 12:15 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
When Bill Clinton was the President, we ignored his behavior and focused on the results. With Trump, we are supposed to ignore the results and focus on the behavior.

Funny, the liberal concern about the personal morals of the POTUS, is quite selective. Which means it's fake.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:19 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Country wasn’t broken.
No, it wasn't.

But today most of us have more take-home pay, unemployment is down, GDP is up (after your hero said that GDP growth of 2% was the new reality), and for the first time since I've been alive, we have a SCOTUS that will likely rule according to the constitution as they're supposed to, rather than basing rulings on personal opinions.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:36 PM   #27
scottw

Quote:
No, it wasn't.

lot's of broken democrats after the election though
Old 10-25-2018, 12:50 PM   #28
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:

LOTS more in a few weeks !!!
Old 10-25-2018, 12:53 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
No, it wasn't.

But today most of us have more take-home pay, unemployment is down, GDP is up (after your hero said that GDP growth of 2% was the new reality), and for the first time since I've been alive, we have a SCOTUS that will likely rule according to the constitution as they're supposed to, rather than basing rulings on personal opinions.
Trump has signed more executive orders than any president in 50 years, funny that it upset him when previous presidents did it.

Jul 10, 2012 12:11:10 PM Why is @BarackObama constantly issuing executive orders that are major power grabs of authority?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-25-2018, 01:00 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Just about all of them. Here, in DC, and on TV. Just about all of them. I cannot imagine what they will do if they don't re-take the house.